main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Lando Lando's not a TV Show, he's a FILM.

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by Todd the Jedi , Dec 10, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    He's a butter. I've seen him at the market...... Lando Lakes.

2. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    He's also a great cheese.

Siphonophore likes this.
  3. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Considering the low numbers on Mando 3. that may not be fully true.

As for Lando. I think the move from tv to movie is a sign that D+ has not been as successful as they hoped

rocknroll41 likes this.
  4. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    “Success” is relative if the main measurement is turning a profit. Viewer subscription payments don’t generate enough to make specific streaming series profitable… if they even cover the cost of production in the first place. The streaming services have moved away from just trying to boost subscriber counts to increasing income with higher cost subscriptions and advertising, but it’s probably still a lot less than theatrical releases.

DARTH_BELO and rocknroll41 like this.
  5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I mean how many subscribers does Disney have say 100 million say they are paying all the highest tier 14 dollars that’s 1.4 billion a month. That’s obviously not the case nor do we know how much they make in ads with the ads enabled version.

rocknroll41 likes this.
  6. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I'd hope a character like Lando would be given film treatment....it would be odd to have a Solo film, and then just a series for Lando. IMO if they're concerned about the film being profitable-there are ways they can be smart about production costs. I'm sure it wouldn't have to take as many hundreds of millions to make as past films have, if they do it right.

rocknroll41 likes this.
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Plus I just think Glover deserves a film

Sarge and rocknroll41 like this.
  8. Reliable Leaker

Reliable Leaker Jedi Youngling

Nov 29, 2023
    there is concept art out floating out there if you’re “in yhe know”. i’ve seen some of it. this film will be out sooner than people think.

9. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    If you don't mind me asking, how would you know? If you are/were part of the crew, wouldn't you have to have signed some sort of NDA?

10. Reliable Leaker

Nov 29, 2023
    i am not a part of the crew. i just know people who have shown me things and told me things.

Nehru_Amidala likes this.
  11. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Okay, that answers my question. On the other hand, did you create a thread introducing yourself on the new members thread?

12. Reliable Leaker

Nov 29, 2023
    no i didn’t. i just came right here because ive been excited about what im hearing and wanted to share it.

Nehru_Amidala likes this.
  13. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    You should do that so folks get to know you better.

Reliable Leaker likes this.
  14. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    It’s not “just” a series anymore. TV has often surpassed film in quality over the past two decades, and major film actors are just as likely to spend years on TV shows than on film sets. I swear, sometimes it feels like 1999 in here. Not to mention one of the better TV shows of recent years made by Donald Glover himself.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2023
    RokurGepta likes this.
  15. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I get what you're saying, but I suppose I (and I'd wager many others as well) am still holding on to the preference for a film vs an episode-structured series. Don't get me wrong, I love a great streaming series with amazing production value and acting just as much as the next guy-I've spent plenty of consecutive hours of my own binging as well. I simply prefer an exhilarating film with good pacing that ends feeling like a satisfying thrill ride, rather than a bunch of broken up hours, where EVERY SINGLE episode ends with a massive cliffhanger. I'm not stuck in 1999, but I refuse to believe that people have all completely let go of the enjoyment of an epic experience of a full length feature film, in the extravagant environment of the movie theater, enjoying two hours of spectacle and emotion along with a large number of fellow fans.

Sitting on my couch in my living room watching an episode of House of the Dragon, having to constantly pause it to ask my kids to stop making so much noise that my wife and I can't hear the characters talking will NEVER be the exciting memorable event and experience that a feature film as part of a family/friends outing always has been...

The fact that films aren't made "the way they used to be," and I suppose the pricing notwithstanding.

Although streaming is not as cheap these days either....

Last edited: Dec 18, 2023
    whostheBossk and Sarge like this.
  16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Whenever I read this thread title I am reminded of that SpongeBob qoute. It’s not a rock it’s a boulder

rocknroll41 and Bor Mullet like this.
  17. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I’m reminded of the Austin Powers quote: “That’s not your mother. It’s a man, baby!” :p

Bor Mullet likes this.
  18. rocknroll41

rocknroll41 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 28, 2013
    Isn’t it the other way around? Or am I missing the joke?

19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    It probably is. Let me look it up

your right

rocknroll41 likes this.
  20. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Glover is hitting the promo tour for Mr and Mrs Smith, where's the Lando questions?

rocknroll41 and Sarge like this.
  21. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I just remembered when I saw this thread get bumped up that I wonder if this movie will actually get made.

22. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I really wanted this as a TV show, exploring Lando's youth and his relationship with his mother. Ah well.

Nom von Anor likes this.
  23. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I need Billy Dee Wiliams bookened/narrator

Nom von Anor and Sarge like this.
  24. dick rodgers

dick rodgers Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2016
    Disney plus buddy. Not the greatest track record of late.

25. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    From your point of view.