main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA ~*~LAST POST WINS!!!~*~

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Darthsuperbatpooh, Aug 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    "When I left you I was but the learner, now I am the Winner!"

2. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    "At last we will reveal ourselves to the losers, at last we will be the winners"

3. Darthsuperbatpooh

Darthsuperbatpooh Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 29, 2002
  4. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    first and last together = I win

5. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    I'm standing here in pieces, and you're having delusions of grandeur by thinking you're winning.

Not!!

I am!

6. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    this would suck pretty bad...

[image=http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h227/bobarocks/1f8f39.jpg]

7. Yoda-i_am

Yoda-i_am Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 10, 2006
    Sorry i havnt posted in a while,been too busy at work. ugggg now im goin to bed goodnight all and I WIN

8. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    I think we all lost a little tonight :( :

CAIRNS, Australia - Steve Irwin, the hugely popular Australian television personality and environmentalist known as the "Crocodile Hunter," was killed Monday by a stingray while filming an underwater documentary on the Great Barrier Reef. He was 44.

Irwin was killed by a stingray barb to the heart on Batt Reef, off the remote resort town of Port Douglas in northeastern Queensland state, his wildlife park Australia Zoo said in a statement.

Crew members aboard Irwin's boat, Croc One, called emergency services in the nearest city, Cairns, and administered CPR as they rushed the boat to nearby Low Isle to meet a rescue helicopter. Medical staff pronounced Irwin dead a short time later, the statement said.

Irwin was famous for his enthusiasm for wildlife and his catchword "Crikey!" in his television program "Crocodile Hunter," which was first broadcast in Australia in 1992 and has aired around the world on the Discovery channel.

He rode his image into a feature film, and developed the Australia Zoo as a tourist attraction.

"The world has lost a great wildlife icon, a passionate conservationist and one of the proudest dads on the planet," John Stainton, Irwin's friend and producer, said in the statement. "He died doing what he loves best and left this world in a happy and peaceful state of mind. Crocs Rule!"

Foreign Minister Alexander Downer, who used a photograph of his family at Australia Zoo for his official Christmas card last year, hailed Irwin for his work in promoting Australia through projects such as "G'Day LA," an Australian tourism and trade promotion week in Los Angeles in January.

"The minister knew him, was fond of him and was very, very appreciative of all the work he'd done to promote Australia overseas," Downer's spokesman Tony Parkinson said.

Irwin's dedication to conservationist causes led him to become a vocal critic of wildlife hunts in Australia. The federal government recently dropped plans to allow crocodile safaris for wealthy tourists in the Northern Territory following his vehement objections.

Irwin told the Australian television program "A Current Affair" that "killing one of our beautiful animals in the name of trophy hunting will have a very negative impact on tourism, which scares the living daylights out of me."

However, Irwin had also received negative publicity in recent years. In January 2004, he stunned onlookers at the Australia Zoo reptile park by carrying his month-old son into a crocodile pen during a wildlife show. He tucked the infant under one arm while tossing the 13-foot reptile a piece of meat with the other.

Authorities declined to charge Irwin for violating safety regulations.

Later that year, he was accused of getting too close to penguins, a seal and humpback whales in Antarctica while making a documentary. Irwin denied any wrongdoing, and an Australian Environment Department investigation recommended no action be taken.

He is survived by his American wife Terri, from Eugene, Ore., and their daughter Bindi Sue, 8, and son Bob, who will turn 3 in December.

The couple met when she went on vacation in Australia in 1991 and visited Irwin's Australia Zoo; they were married six months later. Sometimes referred to as the Crocodile Huntress, she costarred on her husband's television show and in the 2002 movie, "The Crocodile Hunters: Collision Course."

Stingrays have flat bodies and tails with serrated spines, which contain venom and can cause cuts and puncture wounds. The creatures are not aggressive and injury usually occurs when a swimmer or diver accidentally steps on one.

9. Darthsuperbatpooh

Darthsuperbatpooh Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 29, 2002
    just saw that..sad.... :(

but i win

10. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    It's very sad about him! He was only 44. If you have to die so young, maybe it's best to go doing what you love.

Almost there!

Only 16 more to go!

I'm winning!

11. Yoda-i_am

Jun 10, 2006
    I win for now
    How is everybody tonight?

12. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    I win...as usual

[image=http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h227/bobarocks/1f8f48.jpg]
    [image=http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h227/bobarocks/1f8f29.jpg]
    [image=http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h227/bobarocks/1f8f0a.jpg]
    [image=http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h227/bobarocks/1f8edb.jpg]
    [image=http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h227/bobarocks/1f8eac.jpg]

13. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
  14. Darth_Haggis

Mar 21, 2002
  15. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Give yourself to the power of the winner!

16. Yoda-i_am

Jun 10, 2006
    Once I was the loser, now I am the Winner

17. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    You want the impossible.

Now, I win!

18. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Me? A Winner? I'm overwhelmed, sir. But the Council elects its own winners. They will never accept this.

19. Darth_Haggis

Mar 21, 2002
    <-- Winner! :D

20. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Anakin Skywalker: He won't give up his power. I just learned the terrible truth. I think AboutaSith is the Winner.

21. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Watch your step. This place can be a little rough.

I win!

22. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Right now I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself.

Winner!

23. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I'm hit! I'm hit! (that would be you shouting!)

Guess that means I win!

24. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Impressive. Most impressive. Obi-Wan has taught you well. You have controlled your fear. Now, release your anger. Only your hatred can make you a winner.

25. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I am gonna be the final winner... even if I have to cheat and post twice!

[image=http://www.electricferret.com/fpl/teams/team4/images/mar9-17537.gif]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.