main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Comics Legacy comics readthrough thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by OutsiderJediSam, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    If Richard can be Dick and Jonathan can be Jack, Muh-ray-jjjjjjjjuh can be Sia.

I'm actually surprised that there are people who don't call her Muh-ray-jjuh (rhyming with Fantasia). I thought that one was a given.

AusStig and OutsiderJediSam like this.
  2. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    I always pronounced the name Mara-sigh-ah. Phonetically it seemed to make the most sense to me.

DelRiego and AusStig like this.
  3. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    This series will always be one of the boldest and best stories of the late-EU. Period. It was also a Fleet Junkies dream!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

--Adm. Nick

4. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    I love the Pellaeon/Imperious class Star Destroyers, the Ardent-class fast frigate, the TIE Predators...

BobaMatt likes this.
  5. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    I have to be honest... I'm not the biggest fan of a lot of the Galactic Alliance designs from Legacy, but I did like the Mon Cal designs. The TIE Predators and Pellaeon class were also good moves. I don't think it's a coincidence that the First Order star destroyers look a bit similar to them, either.

On that topic, Legacy is also the origin of Ackbar's first name, in both the old and current canons.

DelRiego, Daneira, Ghost and 2 others like this.
  6. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Yeah, it's admittedly a mixed bag. You have gorgeous designs like the Mon Calamari Scythe-class battle cruiser... and then Godawful stuff like the Crossfire fighter. No matter how hard I try, I can't find an angle on that ship that is beautiful. It's... unique, but not attractive.

One that we barely saw that I love to this day is the Crix-class shuttle. It's a Mon Calamari shell with Corellian insides. Very cool blend of two GA members.

[​IMG]

--Adm. Nick

Nobody145 and Sinrebirth like this.
  7. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    I think I'm the only person who actually liked the Crossfire fighter. Well, not so much like as I appreciate a different take on the X-shape other just the normal splitting S-foils, which we've already seen with that Twintail Cade piloted in the first issue.

That and I like that it kind of looks like a mini-Scythe cruiser with its own tiny cross. And the kind of biplane design of it. Although yeah, its definitely doesn't look that pretty.

The TIE Predators and Pellaeon-class Star Destroyers, those were pretty popular. I still think of the Pellaeon as one of my favorite Star Destroyer classes.

Not to mention the Scythe cruiser, that's a pretty popular design too. Especially as its kind of a homage to the KotOR Hammerhead cruisers too. Its funny, but if I remember right the GA wasn't planned to show up in Legacy much. As we can see in the first two issues alone, Cade and the Imperials are getting most of the focus.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
    Dr. Steve Brule likes this.
  8. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I wouldn't say I like the Crossfire, exactly, but I would file it more under "it's not that bad" than I think most people do.

9. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    The Crossfire is hideous and looks like a terrible flying experience and I love it for that.

I think it's interesting that Legacy postulated that the X-Wing would eventually become a fully Jedi design, and the GA itself would abandon the line.

AusStig likes this.
  10. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    Yeah and I feel that by having a greater focus on the GA, at the expense of the Felpire (and Sia in particular) Legacy, lost it's uniqueness and became just a rehash of OT, with more rebels vs an evil empire and a more @$$hole skywalker. While in Broken it's a good empire v an evil one and Sia is just a much more interesting character then Cade (who I feel suffers when he is not a foil to Sia or the Sith) And Stazi tried to murder an unarmed ambassador, so he is just as bad as much of the Sith.

Ghost likes this.
  11. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Really. Roan Fel tried to kill everyone on Coruscant. Over a trillion souls. And Stazi's the one whose no better than the Sith?

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
    Nobody145 likes this.
  12. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    yes

Roan was always motivated by a desire to save the galaxy. Stazi was motivated by his ego. Unlike Roan, who is the legitimate ruler of the galaxy, Stazi is a deserter, he disobeyed a legitimate order to surrender. He was willing to throw away the alliance just to spite an allied commander. He aided the Sith Empire directly in that same confrontation. He rashly stole a ship without any thought of the consequences cause his fleet is starting to not like being pirates. It is always about HIM. By contract Roan liberated planets from the Sith, struck at them and made several attempts at forging a united front.

As to War, well that was written like that cause the author realised his pet (if looked at objectively) would come off like a short sighted @$$hole, so better make the legitimate ruler do something REALLY bad (that is also really part of the Sith's plan) to assassinate his character.

It honestly baffles me how many liked this guy after his first appearance was trying to kill an unarmed man in a fit of rage.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
  13. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    I know Stazi's first appearance wasn't that great, but I don't think Fel's Empire was ever meant to move beyond grey. The Imperial Knights were always there to protect the Emperor, even from himself if necessary. Not to mention most of the Imperial Knights weren't exactly the most friendly, well, aside from Treis Sinde.

And seriously, I know you don't like him, but Stazi literally tried to go out in a blaze of glory so that he wouldn't become a living symbol, so that the fate of the entire GA remnant wouldn't focus on him too much.

I do wish Marasiah had gotten more screen time. Her presence in Broken, especially as a foil to Cade, was one of the best parts of the arc. Her long absence from the series and then few appearances after that were another of Legacy's weaknesses.

I'd say while Legacy did draw on the OT, having Stazi (the Ackbar-figure) as the leader made for a nice change of pace. Especially as the last free GA Admiral, compared to the usually much more ragtag Rebellion rip-offs we see in other Star Wars works.

How about we leave this until later? This thread won't reach the relevant point for at least six issues, if not 20 issues.

14. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    I always assumed Sinde was a Jedi first, given his age.

15. Jeff_Ferguson

May 15, 2006
    He wasn't that old --- the IKs were established to have been serving the Fel dynasty for three generations, and he was sixty at most. And Issue 2 of Monster has Roan make a reference to their time as IK trainees together, and remark that Sinde was the most petulant of Fell II's Knights.

About the GA --- when John & Jan "officially" brought them into the fold with Issues 20 and 21, they did so perfectly. In just two issues, they turned Stazi, who had previously been an unremarkable cameo, into a damn hero, which was something the series needed. And they included Rogue Squadron in the package too, an EU institution that LOTF and FOTJ suffered from not including.

16. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Oh, fascinating. Sinde's temperment and spirituality is so different from his, er, colleagues.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  17. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    @Jeff_Ferguson.

You mean Jaina, Zekk and Jacen arbitrarily commanding Rogue Squadron in Bloodline and then Wedge and co shooting it to pieces in Fury was not a good use of it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Jeff_Ferguson

May 15, 2006
    Compared to Legacy? It was nothing. We got no named Rogues beyond Jaina, Zekk, and Lensi, and the Squadron was in two books for all of two minutes each. Compare it to the NJO and Legacy which developed fleshed-out squadrons full of characters with personalities --- the contrast was huge. Yes, Rogue Squadron was present for a couple chapters in LOTF, but it didn't actually do anything. That's what's important here.

19. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    LOTF had a far more narrow focus on the sky solo clan and its conflicts both internal and external.
    Another point-I do wonder when exactly the IKs were founded and by whom? Jaina? Tahiri? Vestara? Also how was the ideology and culture around the IKs developed in such a short span of time?

20. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    The comic is pretty clear they've been around as long as there have been Fel Emperors - my assumption was always that Jaina and a few Jedi defectors created the Imperial Knights as a moderating force (excuse the pun) within the reborn Empire.

AusStig and Ghost like this.
  21. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    That seems to be the standard interpretation. My broader point was the IK ideology and "culture" if you will-something that developed in three generations. My more specific question was how much of the ideology and cultural trappings the IKs practiced was organically developed over 80 years and how much of it was created artificially by its founders?

kalzeth likes this.
  22. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    I read somewhere online it was Tahiri? Not sure if there is any fact to back that up.
    Considering where she ended up (At least as I recall, its been a while since I've read the books), it would make some sense.
    It's a certainty the Fel Force Sensitivity came from Jainia though.
    So maybe they built it together?

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
    kalzeth likes this.
  23. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Don´t think Tahiri makes much sense, I mean yeah she briefley worked for Jagged but she is repeataly shown to be an immature, irresponsible person unable to deal with trauma. I don´t think she would be able to nor have any interest in founding an organization like this. As for Ves what connection would she have to the empire? Even if she marries Ben I think she wouldn´t have much to do with the Fels. So I think Jaina founded them, with Tahiri maybe as a possible member.

kalzeth likes this.
  24. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    Marasiah really grew on me as I grew up. She is just a great character and legacy really loses a lot when she is dropped after Broken

@Jeff_Ferguson

I disagree that legacy needed a 'hero' and if it did, then Marasiah was set up in Broken to be the moral centre, not some crazy Admiral, who does horrible stupid things and gets treated like some great noble being.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
    BobaMatt likes this.
  25. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    I always figured it was, like, Jaina of course, but also Zekk - since he'd follow her anywhere.