main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V LEGO Star Wars - the Skywalker Saga - Spoilers in TAGs!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sinrebirth , Apr 5, 2022.

1. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    OOU it may just be that the decision to make her speak normal was made at an Awkard time in the game's development.
    Otherwise I've heard theories that Yoda-Speak may simply be an archaic form of Galactic Basic, similar to Victorian English in a way.

Personally I've always preferred it being the standard for the species, just cause I find that more interesting.
    But I do think Yaddle's voice suits her in game at least. Not even in the Meme-y way of Yarael Poofs. I'd legit be fine if this was the standard of her voice going forward.

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  2. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Well, I now have....

All the Sith!

And all the Jedi!

Also, in honour of the legend who supplied his voice in TPM:

BOSS NASS IS ALIVE!

And now unlocked.

AusStig and Sinrebirth like this.
  3. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Just finished ANH.
    A few quick thoughts.
    Vaders first entrance was surprisingly dark for a LEGO game. Not Rogue One Dark, but implied slaughter and a surprising lack of humor dark.
    BTW I'm pretty sure Luke got more of a Sand People Slaughter here than Anakin got in AOTC. :p
    I don't know why but Ben's smile when reminiscing about his Jedi days really hit home here.
    I'm pretty sure this is the first Episode where the Jedi Mind Trick actually becomes a plot point.
    Han and Luke impersonating Vader was a riot, made more amusing when you remember he's Luke's father.
    Hans extended "How are you" conversation was worth a chuckle.
    Ghost Ben gets snarky when you take your time to blow up the Death Star.

Well, I just encountered a pretty major glitch.
    In Bigg's Quest the Imps that intercepted me were flying through a Trade Federation Lucrehulk for whatever reason.
    Also, the Rebel Pilot who greeted me at Yavin was named "Resistance Pilot."

Also, this mission became available for me even before I started ANH, I don't want to know what would happen if I tried it when I first saw it. Moment I saw it required me to go to a planet I hadn't unlocked I decided to wait.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2022
  4. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    I never thought I’d hear the “Padme’s Ruminations” song in a Lego game, but it gave me chills when it started playing during the Order 66 mission on Kashyyyk

5. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    ESB
    Was surprised to see Han's search for Luke as a full-fledged level. Bringing Rieken along as the CoOp partner allowed for some comedic breaks, and having Leia and Chewie check in at certain points made it feel a lot deeper than it was in the actual Movie.
    Initially thought 3 levels on Hoth was a bit of overkill but it worked well with the flow of the movie.
    Yoda's training was fun but all too brief.
    Luke's duel with Vader was my favorite part. Bringing R2 along kind of depowered Luke (Specifically as he needed help escaping the Carbonite Chamber unlike the film), but it worked well for a LEGO game. I'm pretty sure Anakin's teddy bear was one of the items Vader threw at Luke during the second phase of the level. The hide and seek bit in part 3 was entertaining as well, stumbling upon a Storm Trooper Yoga class, and Lando's Cape collection were both worth a few chuckles.

Barriss_Coffee and Jedi Ben like this.
  6. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    I did the Scramble Runs!

The first one of these is OK, seems straight forward, but the ones that follow? Total bastards. Your view is compromised, there are no course indicators, it often won't show you the way - all against the clock. And getting the gold time to get the character unlock is very tight.

How did I end up doing them? One - don't boost all the time. Two - try to ensure you have view of the next gate or group of in sight.

This combination enabled me to nab Dengar, Shmi, Aftab Ackbar and someone else I can't recall.

Also managed to do the race on Canto Bight to get Captain Canady. The trick on that one is to not watch the clock but take your time on spotting the gates, as Canto Bight is very enclosed.

The last race I went back to, having previously failed on, was the bouncing one in Mos Eisley. Managed to do it this time.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  7. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Its a small thing, but dressing a Hero class Clone Trooper as a storm trooper is amusing in a meta kind of way.

8. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Finally got this! I'm tempted to start with the ST just for comparative purposes since there's already anecdotes from people having started with the other two trilogies. But I gotta begin at the beginning, which for an old-school fan like me means ANH. Return of the "Rebel Friend", here I come.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  9. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    There are certain .....other benefits from starting with the OT.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  10. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Two weeks and 73 hours later, I've hit an excellent stop point on Lego Star Wars.

It's far from done, I'm on 905 of 1166 Kyber bricks, there's various challenges and puzzles left and all the FreePlay levels.

I do have all the ships and capital ships, all but one of the 380 characters - due to a bugged quest. Have all the main categories done along with 16 of 19 datacards.

Darth Dnej and Sinrebirth like this.
  11. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Bugged quest?

12. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Yeah, it's a "go here, collect x" quest, two of the three groups complete but when I pick up the last one for group two, it still stays on 3 of 4 and doesn't complete.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  13. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    What in blazes do Bounty Hunters have against Ewok Pod Racers pilots? :eek:

Darth Dnej likes this.
  14. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
  15. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    I'm loving the game a lot. I even got two trophies today (May the 4th Be With You All) while playing, and have over 900 Kyber Bricks. I don't mind the levels being short, since there is so much to do in the galaxy.
    The bugs and software errors are grating. TT really needs a new patch released. It's been a month, and hopefully it comes soon. I really hope I don't get any bugs that lock me out of 100% completion. That happened when I was a kid playing Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4 on the Wii.

16. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    98.88% complete but one of the kyber bricks in Otoh Gunga is bugged. I've done the side mission and it's listed as complete, but the area map still shows as incomplete as if I've not collected the kyber. Pretty frustrating to have got so far through only to be stopped by a bug.

Darth Dnej likes this.
  17. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    New DLC coming

18. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    It's not new, just the release of previously mentioned character packs.

If you bought the deluxe edition, the six packs should be free.

AusStig likes this.
  19. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Was delighted to hear about the recent update.
    The absence of the Venator was one of my top two complaints at launch and I bought it first chance I got. Epic.
    Exploring now. :D

Gonna go for the Invisible Hand next.

Last edited: May 20, 2022
    clone commander bossk likes this.
  20. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    I hope the Bad Batch season 2 dlc, if there is one, isn't just the main casts updated designs.

I also hope that there is an Andor pack, especially since there is some Andor lego sets coming out.

And on the topic of character packs, anyone else got any unlikely ideas that they would like? Personally I would love a Visions pack, as utterly niche as that would be.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  21. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    I tend to wait until DLC is cheap but will probably nab it sooner to encourage more.

Character packs are good but I'm hoping for level expansions. The game's structure allows for this easily but they'll take longer to create.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  22. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    So I noticed the start of the third episode of each trilogy I've finished so far had the biggest laugh-out-loud moments for me: Moff Jerjerrod stacking up empty suits of stormtrooper armor (and then knocking them over domino-style) to welcome the Emperor in ROTJ, and the completely out of the blue battle droid retirony joke in ROTS. Will be interested to see if they make it a threefer.

23. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Well thanks to the ancient art of procrastination I finally managed to 100% the OT today, so I guess with the Lucas saga as complete as possible I'll be moving on to the ST at my next opportunity.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  24. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I have about 700 kyber bricks, but man I have been enjoying this game a lot. With work, school, and family stuff it's been hard to complete it.

The Positive Fan and Jedi Ben like this.
  25. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    To say that my progress in this monster has been "slow" is an understatement, although I guess that's my fault for trying for 100% completion. It's a lot of fun.