main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Leslye Headland reportedly developing a female-centric SW TV series

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jeff_Ferguson, Apr 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    I just have to note once again that this entire thread was spawned by a

R U M O R E D

P R O J E C T

characterized as "female-centric" by a

T H I R D

P A R T Y

whose primary motivation is

P A G E

V I E W S .

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
  2. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    But you see, it was actually specifically leaked by Kathleen Kennedy (while wearing her "The Force is Female" shirt obviously) to pressure us simple consumers into accepting a show that's FEMALE CENTRIC in order to advance her dastardly feminist agenda.

3. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    She sould have siad the force is trans. that would make the toxic ones truly explode. I hope one day we get video of KK, Filnoi and George and say the force is female,lol.

4. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004

5. Jake Starkiller

Jake Starkiller Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 6, 2020
    Let me be clear about Rey; I am perfectly fine with her being a good pilot. The only issues I have are the line that says she never left the planet (which just makes her feats a tad more unbelievable) and that she's supposedly better at it than Poe (which just makes him even more useless). I'm not saying that she's not allowed to be a pilot.

I'm sorry about the force is female snark. Can you stop using that to counter every single argument I make? And yes, I got my username from the Hamill interview, for the sole reason of 'it wasn't taken, and it sounded alright.'

Okay?

Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
    CernStormrunner likes this.
  6. Outsourced

Apr 10, 2017
    "Look, I know that I bring up common baseless "Kathleen Kenney bad" talking points with a username exemplifying dissatisfaction with the Sequel Trilogy and a profile picture most commonly used to ridicule the Luke we see in The Last Jedi as well as arguing common points used to try and paint Rey as a "Marry Sue", but can you guys just not talk about any of that while I try to make my points?"

If it looks like a duck, dude.

Darth Corydon and Jeff_Ferguson like this.
  7. Jake Starkiller

Apr 6, 2020
    The 'common points' are still valid.

8. Outsourced

Apr 10, 2017
    Like a duck, dude. Like. A. Duck.

Darth Corydon likes this.
  9. Jake Starkiller

Apr 6, 2020
    K

Outsourced likes this.
  10. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Why the hell did I make this thread

11. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Lately I've begun to contemplate what the star wars fandom would have resembled the years after ROTJ if there was internet.

'So the latest star wars movie just got released and it turns out that Leia is Luke's sister. I mean come on we all know it's a shallow example of Lucas pandering to the SJW's by retconning Leia's importance because the idea of a princess is PC these days! And the Empire is defeated by teddy bears, I'm not making this up. Wow, George Lucas has really let all this fame and power go to his head. I hope some company buys the rights to Star Wars one day then we can get some people who actually know how to tell stories!'

Basically, everything is controversial on the internet these days because negativity=clicks

son_of_skywalker03 and Dawud786 like this.
  12. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    ROTJ had certain fans in uproar over the Ewoks. Silliest uproar I've heard since someone started a war over a bee-sting.

13. Jake Starkiller

Apr 6, 2020
    ROTJ does have several writing problems. Still love it despite them, though.
    I do think the film would've been better with Wookiees instead of Ewoks, although I dont find them as annoying as some.

14. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    The internet did exist in 1983, and people did complain on the internet about ROTJ. Just google "return of the jedi 1983 usenet" and you'll find a few things.

15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I think The ST had the same writing problems like ROTJ and the PT, but i still like them all like the ST.

black_saber likes this.
  16. Jake Starkiller

Apr 6, 2020
    And you're allowed to enjoy them all! No matter how many issues the ST has in my eyes, everyone can like anything.

Outsourced likes this.
  17. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    I’m just glad Avatar: The Last Airbender is coming to Netflix

Ghost likes this.
  18. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    When learning to ride a bike, do you have to leave your neighborhood, or can you stay on your own block?

19. Jake Starkiller

Apr 6, 2020
    See, in the same scene she also says she's never piloted the Falcon before. She then proceeds to fly an asymmetrical ship that normally requires a co-pilot through tight stretches of land perfectly, all while having never left the planet.

This could easily have been fixed with a throwaway line about her flying the Falcon off world before, but not wanting to leave permanently in case her parents come back. All the lines actually in the film do is confuse.

20. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Don't see any issues with what is in the movie.

a) she clearly knows about the Falcon and changes that have been made to it, so she isn't unaware of how things work internally.

b) she clearly has some trouble flyling it early on, showing that she is anything but perfect

c) where does the idea that the Falcon requires a co-pilot come from?
    We see plenty of instances were this isn't the case at all. There might be circumstances were having one makes things easier, but it is hardly required.

There's absolutely no problem at all here. Luke never flew in space before either, yet he not only handles an X-Wing well right from the get go, but also excels in combat, which is infinitely harder than just flying it. There already was a throwaway line in the movie which indicated that she is a pilot. If that's fine enough for Luke, it can't suddenly be not enough for Rey.

21. Jake Starkiller

Apr 6, 2020
    (A) there's nothing in the film to suggest she's familiar with the Falcon. There's a throwing line saying she's never flown it, in fact.

(B) since this is more of a subjective impression, I'll leave this one alone

(C) required may have been a poor choice of words, but it's definitely needed for more impressive feats, like attacking the Death Star (ANH and ROTJ) or escaping a Sarlaac (ESB). Rey performs very impressive, skillful maneuvers...without a co-pilot, on a ship she's never flown before. Again, this could have been instantly improved with throwaway limes indicating familiarity with the Falcon.

The difference with Luke is that he didn't have lines explicitly stating he'd never flown an X-Wing or left Tattooine.

22. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I think we're done here.

If this project is ever confirmed, we'll go with a fresh thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.