main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Letters of Complaint to the NJO Authors: 7/21 Tenel Ka and Wes' Letters. Finally. :)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kettch_the_Jedi, Mar 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. green_eyes

green_eyes Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 20, 2004
    I loved Yoda's and Teneniel Djo's comments. Wouldn't it be nice if they really would recall all the books and rewrite them.

Have you thought about a Chewie letter? Talk about unfair. One of the original heros and they kill him off before the end of the first book. I almost put my book in the freezer when I read Chewie dying.

Anyway, great post. Can't wait for the next one.

green_eyes

2. JalendaviLady

JalendaviLady Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    Great letter, as usual. I especially liked the comments from the other dead Jedi.

3. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    Delurking to tell you this kicks ass. I wish the NJO authors would read it, the crackheads! :mad:

4. Pelranius

Pelranius Jedi Master star 5

Apr 25, 2003
    Does Boba have any reason (legitimate or not) to complain?

5. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Nice job Kettch, and it actually did sound like Anakin was talking.

Funny list by Anakin Skywalker too, especially about Mara [face_laugh]

6. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    Anakin Skywalker
    1) You blamed my favorite grandson, my namesake, for everything (the hairy giant?s death, the Hapan fleet, all the deaths on the Myrkr mission, and too many other things to mention).
    2) You killed off more beings than I did.
    3) We did not get to do anything the entire series. Do you know how boring it is being one with the Force?
    4) That Jacen kid could not be my grandson. No descendant of mine would be so cowardly and pacifistic.
    5) Anakin Solo is the son I should have had. Luke became too passive and boring. You should have killed him in the beginning of the series to keep him from further embarrassing me.
    6) The only thing you did right was to keep Anakin away from that blond girl. No descendant of mine will ever have anything to do with a Tuscan raider?or anyone who grew up with them?as long as I am one with the Force and can come back to haunt them. You should have killed her and all her tribe before the series started.
    7) You should have also killed Mara. I never liked that little ?Emperor?s Pinky? and, redeemed Jedi or not, if I had been alive she would never have married into my family.

LOL! I love those! That's so totally Anakin! *grins* I loved all of those come to htink of it.

Yeah, is Raynar dead or not? We'll never know.

:Targeter:

7. TahiriSolo77

TahiriSolo77 Jedi Youngling

Nov 17, 2003
    That was great!! I can realy see Anakin saying that, though i think he would have complained a little.
    That was probably the best line in the attachment. I couldn't stop laughing through the entire thing.
    The only reason he did not die is because the Force could not stand to be one with him!
    Okay, i'm changing my mind, that was the best line in the attachment.
    Good work! Is it too soon to ask for more?
    ~~TS77
    BTW, i LOVED the Tahiri/Riina letter. It was perfect!

8. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    You rock! You rock! You rock!

Oh, what I'd give to see that vid!

Pity Lusa didn't get to complain though. :(

I loved Yoda's comments!

9. Solo_and_Fel

Solo_and_Fel Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2004
    :D
    It really seemed like Anakin was trying to make sense of it all, but he just couldn't. I liked how everyone's roles in "the fixing" were quite characteristic.

The Newer Jedi Order
    That made me laugh out loud.

And the attachment was quite amusing as well.

10. JediStarMoonstruck

JediStarMoonstruck Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2002
    Wonderful!!! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

There was only one thing that bothered me (Don't hurt me! :( )

5) Anakin Solo is the son I should have had. Luke became too passive and boring. You should have killed him in the beginning of the series to keep him from further embarrassing me.

I really don't think Anakin would have asked DR to kill off Luke (more like kill DR for making Luke like that)

That's all! :D (Don't hurt me! :( )

6) The only thing you did right was to keep Anakin away from that blond girl. No descendant of mine will ever have anything to do with a Tuscan raider?or anyone who grew up with them?as long as I am one with the Force and can come back to haunt them. You should have killed her and all her tribe before the series started.

I really, really, really, really wish Anakin lived. I would LOVE to see the talk those two have about Tahiri! :D

Daeshara'cor
    Whenever you had a character develop and grow, you had him/her killed off. Any positive change in character was a certain death mark in your series. Should I have died? No. Should Anakin have died? No. Should you have died? Only very painfully.

True, how very true! :D

Teneniel Djo

You killed me so that Jaina could have the choice to become Queen Mother? Ten deaths to you! You had me die by poison and not in an honorable battle? 100 deaths to you. You turned me into the opposite of a warrior? 1000 gruesome deaths to you. For all you did to my daughter? I wish upon you eternal punishment with my mother-in-law.

I pity DR when she comes. Well, almost! :D [face_devil]

If there is anything specific (especially for Luke) that you think they would complain about, then please let me know.

Here's an idea, write him as he would act in the Bantam books. ;)

Your work will be destroyed, its memory a very faded nightmare, and a new series will be written which the dedicated star wars fans will enjoy.

I'll drink to that! :D *takes out bottle of Pepsi*

Their opinions may not necessarily be my own.

You sure about that? :p

11. jediknightleia

jediknightleia Jedi Grand Master star 2

Aug 28, 2002
    I loved Anakin's letter and his plan to remake the new jedi order. The attachment was great. You should write a letter for Raynar I've been wondering if he's still alive or dead. Keep it up! and when is Leia's letter coming up?

12. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    I like Anakins attitude, no point in complaing...let?s just rewrite them! Seems like he?s read all the threads titled ?NJO AU? here :)

At least Ganner is now a God.

I like Yodas comment...
    Not fighting to save the galaxy, a cowardly hermit one proves.
    ...this coming from ?Mr. Sit out the Rebellion on Dagobah? ;)

I think Boba Fett has the cause to complain that he didn?t get a mini-series and only appeared with his men and got a ?I heard he did this, this, this, and that!? in the final novel. :)

13. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Oh, my god! I had tears of laughter and sadness in my eyes. Laughter from it being so funny, and sadness that this is 'canon'. Oh, Kettch, you've captured the essence of what we all hate about the NJO. Why didn't those 'people' at del Ray listen to us?

14. Tych_sel

Tych_sel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Great letter, Kettch. Anakin did a nice job of pointing out just what he isn't, then pointing out the problems with the NJO. Sending the those likely to do the most damage was a great idea; having Jag film it all was even better.

Nice bonus, too with all the Jedi dead weighing in on the faults of the NJO. I wonder what would happen if any of the authors caught onto this thread and took things seriously. :D :D :D

As for Luke, one thing I'd consider is that the authors made the first Master of the New Jedi Order into a politician!!!! Luke should be doing more of the things he was doing at the beginning of the series, such as wielding two lightsabers. Now where have we seen that?

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

15. The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose

The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2003
    Gorgeous! I was laughing out loud so hard that my parents yelled at me twice so they could hear their show.

I do miss Anakin Solo.

~*Ambyr-Rose*~

16. -Trickster-

-Trickster- Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 12, 2003
    Even reading the letter again it cracked me up! I was laughing [again] for about half an hour over some of this stuff. It's just great!

17. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    Brilliant!!!!! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I especially loved Anakin Sr.'s, Yoda's, and Vergere's comments. Priceless.

*laughs uncontrollably*
    *is crying on the inside*

18. Dev_Binks

Dev_Binks Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 7, 2003
    Anakin Skywalker
    1) You blamed my favorite grandson, my namesake, for everything (the hairy giant?s death, the Hapan fleet, all the deaths on the Myrkr mission, and too many other things to mention).
    3) We did not get to do anything the entire series. Do you know how boring it is being one with the Force?
    4) That Jacen kid could not be my grandson. No descendant of mine would be so cowardly and pacifistic.

Those are the best comments of the entire thing! Skywalker would deffinately have made the series better.

19. _Jedi_of_Destiny_

_Jedi_of_Destiny_ Jedi Padawan star 4

May 17, 2003
    The only reason he did not die is because the Force could not stand to be one with him!

:D Hilarious and kind of true. lol

That letter was great!!! Thanks for writing it. :)

20. I love Sci Fi

I love Sci Fi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2000
  21. Saturniia

Saturniia Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 28, 2004
    Hmm... Tenel Ka's complaints:

1) They occasionally called her Tenel, which is unacceptable unless the individual is out of breath
    2) They killed off her mother
    3) They made Tenel Ka the Queen which, while admittedly better than allowing another relative to take the throne, is completely against TK's personality, and then basically ignored her. No reactions, no nothing.
    4) "Moments" with Jacen kept being ignored, downplayed, or otherwise ruined.

That is all. Have a nice day.

22. TheCrazyRodian

TheCrazyRodian Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2004
    Heh. I like how Vergere and Yoda can't stand each other, even when they're one with the Force.

23. Lyrienne

Lyrienne Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2004
    These are great! You've completely captured the essence of every character you've done, and all the reasons why the NJO really, really stunk.

I can't wait to see more!

24. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
  25. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    Wow! This was HILARIOUS!!! I hope there's another letter sooon!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.