main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Buff, NY Lightsabers and stuff...

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by JediXXL, Apr 11, 2003.

1. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    I saw that last night, not sure if it's worth $200.00

2. BPStoyle

BPStoyle Social Media Admin star 4

Jan 5, 2010
    Walmart didn't have any but the price tag for it was out. It was only $180 there. If you found it at Target in the next week they have that coupon for $25 off, so presumably only $175. Not as cheap as the old MR's used to be, but still better.

3. JediXXL

Apr 11, 2003
    I wasn't going to, but I broke down and went out and gott some stuff...
    Force Friday Target R/C BB-8:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Size comparison with the Sphero BB-8 and the Interactive R2-D2:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I wish they had done this to scale!
    [​IMG]
    Disney Store BB-8 cup:
    [​IMG]

Thanks for my R2 Thermos Mindy!

4. BPStoyle

Jan 5, 2010
  5. JediXXL

Apr 11, 2003
    I had one in my hands at FanExpo in Toronto, very substantial feeling and worth the price.
    There may be pictures of me attacking a photographer somewhere as he requested I swing it at him as he took the picture...

6. BPStoyle

Jan 5, 2010
    Beware the wrath of Gil-o Ren!

7. WookieeJedi

WookieeJedi Merchandise Coordinator/North Ridge Diplomat star 4

Jun 15, 2009
    Yeah I was at Target in OP and they had 2 maybe three on the shelf...not really sure since was busy checking out the new cool Star Wars toys. I mean if it wasn't a true sith or jedi that built it ..not to sure of the quality or craftsmanship....which is evident be the cross guard fail LOL Although watch them make the reason one of the good guys lose to Kylo (revan) Ren is because of said cross guard so they can make it seem logical and take away any negativity of the new saber.

8. Otto_den_Ktulu

Otto_den_Ktulu North Ridge Event Coordinator star 5

Jan 19, 2002
    Wow, had to go back to September to find this...

I'm looking at the Ultrasabers Apprentice v4 for my possible Kanan costume. With the Silver "blade color" so I can interchange colored blades without much issue. Does anyone have any other suggestions for me around the same price range?

9. Darth Erebus

Darth Erebus Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2012
    i have never used color discs myself so i dont know as to how vibrant a color you can get. i would assume it would be a paler color than normal. and if thats what you are going for that would work just fine. are you planning on using the saber for other costumes aside from kanan?

10. Otto_den_Ktulu

Otto_den_Ktulu North Ridge Event Coordinator star 5

Jan 19, 2002
    I'm not planning on using the color discs. I'm planning on the colored blades that Steve wanted to order us before Star Wars Night last year. He's still ordering my red blade, and I've asked him to also order a blue one, for this costume. I figure why not have an extra red saber?

11. Darth Erebus

Sep 2, 2012
    ah ok. if you are going for a show blade and not worried about it lighting up you can always mod and repaint a toy saber hilt to fit a normal blade. that is what i did for my sisters Rey costume so she can have an accurate looking lightsaber hilt and we got a blue blade. it doesnt light up but a small/strong flashlight can always be addded into the hilt if its planned out. after i glued it all together my sister asked if we could do it add a light and by then it was too late by then.

so its always an option and would be cheaper than getting another ultrasaber.

12. quigonschuel

quigonschuel Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2011
    Around the time our Dark Lord had his helmet incident, the charger for my lightsaber shorted out as well - plugged it in, and the power cable melted. Just ordered a new charger and batteries today! [face_dancing]

13. Darth Erebus

Sep 2, 2012
    new sabers ordered! flamberge(kylo ren saber) and a couple grab sabers on the way! i cant wait to duel with it! and the grab bags for funsies. one is my sisters.
    [​IMG]

14. 72Princess1

72Princess1 President - NR star 4

Feb 27, 2015
    Ultra sabers?

15. Darth Erebus

Sep 2, 2012
    yes indeedy.

quigonschuel likes this.
  16. 72Princess1

72Princess1 President - NR star 4

Feb 27, 2015
    Awesome!!!

17. JediXXL

Apr 11, 2003
    Looks awesome!

Are you still getting an FX?

18. Darth Erebus

Sep 2, 2012

i dont think so. while it is an amazing saber the two things i dont like is that the hilt is too thick and its heavy. It made holding it after awhile cumbersome. so for a show saber im going to either mob the disney hilt or get a 3D printed hilt and add electronics to it. The ultrasaber will be for dueling.

19. JediXXL

Apr 11, 2003
    It looks close enough I think you can get by, and he did lose that Lightsabre at the end of the movie, so who knows what the next one will look like...

20. Darth Erebus

Sep 2, 2012
    I
    I actually just downloaded a bunch of files to 3D print an accurate saber so ill do that once i get my printer. and over the weekend i got the disney saber(plus the disney kylo mask to mash the black series and disney mask together to make a nice looking mashup) there was a 25% off orders coupon. so ill mod the electronics from the disney saber and throw them in the 3d hilt.

yeah who knows what the future holds lol!

quigonschuel and Lee Solara like this.
  21. JediXXL

Apr 11, 2003
    http://www.space.com/31957-voice-controlled-bb-8-star-wars-droid-toy.html
    The Spin Master Toys 16 inch RC/Voice Command BB-8 will be released in the fall. This one rolls on the ball like the Sphero, and the Hasbro RC one from Target, but has the detailing of the Disney Store BB-8 with the big wheel on the bottom...
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    I knew this one was coming, I didn't know it was delayed until fall of 2016.
    This is the Droid I am looking for...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy using a hacked pirate satellite in a decaying orbit.

quigonschuel likes this.
  22. quigonschuel

quigonschuel Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2011
    Must. Have.

23. TFS

TFS Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 5, 2015
    How much will it cost?

24. JediXXL

Apr 11, 2003
    Under $200

Iit's only 7 inches shorter than the real prop.

quigonschuel likes this.
  25. Darth Erebus

Sep 2, 2012
    Last week I got my new sabers in. I ordered the ultrasabers flamberge and 2 grab bag sabers(one was mine and the other was my sisters). the flamberge is big! and a beast! maneuvering and flourishes can be a little tricky but i still feel the overall design and combat style with it will be closer to a broadsword rather than what is normally used in lightsaber combat as if you were wielding a katana, rapier, or a cutlass. Nevertheless it will be fun to duel with! oh and the tips are already taped down :p

As for the grab bag sabers I got a Dominix LE V4 and I got it in red of course! I love the Dominix V3 sabers as they are amazing for flourishes and the hand just feels very comfortable. The V4 loses a little of the functionality as it picks up a more stylized look to it. Its a nice looks saber and will be just as good to duel with but honestly if im going for speed with flourishes im sticking with the Dominix V3 as my go to dueling blade when im not whipping around the flamberge as kylo ren.

My sister ended up with a Liberator V3 with a violet amethyst LED. I didnt get to play with it too much but it is another nice looking saber and very shiny! It has an almost unnoticeable choke in the middle of the hilt but makes it that much better to hold. Since it was a grab bag saber and we ordered them without blades since we already have blades we can switch around it was missing the blade screw but it wasnt a big deal. i took the one out of my grab bag saber(again i can use one from my other sabers if need be in mine).

and lastly just a few days ago I got my new voice changer for kylo ren and it is amazing! even at its lowest setting it is LOUD.

and thats all the goodies for now! still working on my new kylo ren helmet, hopefully itll be done in about a week.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ^^ this is just a picture from the internets above. not a picture i took my amandas grab bag saber.
    [​IMG]

JediXXL likes this.