main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Your Story Ideas For Future Films/Spinoffs

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by markdeez, Jun 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ComfortablyNunb

ComfortablyNunb Jedi Master star 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Now that Teras Kasi is canon, I'd like to see a SW martial arts movie in the vein of Enter the Dragon or Bloodsport.

Let's say there's a secret underground tournament for the best fighters in the galaxy -- all species, all styles of martial arts. One main character is sent by the Republic to track down a terrorist who's sponsoring the tournament. Another main character wants to win the prize money to help her impoverished home planet. Another wants to win the title to bring honor to his master or species.

As someone who generally dislikes overly elaborate fight choreography in SW, I think that THIS would be a chance to go all in on The Raid-style action.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
  2. Blobofat

Blobofat Chosen One star 8

Dec 15, 2000
    I'd really like to see a Qui Gon Jinn spin-off but Neeson's too old now. So somebody like him but maybe with a story set far in the past when the Jedi are in their infancy. Bygone Jin if you like.

christophero30 likes this.
  3. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    Kamino Ocean's 11: a heist/sabotage operation by Separatists to sabotage the Republic's cloning efforts. :p

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
    christophero30 and WebLurker like this.
  4. teamhansolo

teamhansolo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    The siege of MandaloreMawith Ahsoka and Rex.

christophero30 likes this.
  5. teamhansolo

teamhansolo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    The siege of Mandalore with Ahsoka and Rex.

6. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    I'd like to see a Jabba story. Seriously.

7. Darth Voldemort

Darth Voldemort Jedi Master star 1

Oct 21, 2014
    Like the way we got Rogue One: A Star Wars story, should we get another anthology film about stealing the second Death Star plans? Discuss here.

We got Ewoks: Caravan of Courage and Ewoks: Battle for Endor as our first anthology duology (not counting The Holiday Special here) but, unlike Rogue One, they were completely independent stories, even if they took place before episode V and VI.

8. Blobofat

Blobofat Chosen One star 8

Dec 15, 2000
    Maybe a tv episode sometime but no way a film.

Ava G. likes this.
  9. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Moving this to Beyond the Saga and merging with relevant thread there.

10. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Not sure if I am allowed to create such a thread but I thought it would be cool for people to post at least basic ideas for what they want in films. NOT a "I want a film about this character or that character" but rather plotlines and not necessarily about any known character at all.

I'll shoot first-lock if this is an inappropriate thread. Apologies if it is out of place or belongs somewhere else.

Setting: 100-1000 years after Episode IX
    Main Planet Location: Planet from SW Land

1. The Force, jedi, Skywalkers are either forgotten or thought of as an evil myth that caused destruction throughout the galaxy.
    2.A "fail safe" situation results in a war that eventually leads to a caste society with nobility elite and the poorer "peasants". (Failsafe-a city or world destroyed or ruined due to a military accident where those that launched it have to make a sacrifice as a payback to the city that was destroyed)
    3. Unbeknownst to almost everyone, this was set up in order to maintain the safety of the planet. Those harmed by the "accident" (the enemy) make a deal---keep your world alive but give us a large percentage of your resources (particular resource known as ETERNUS). Otherwise, your entire world will be destroyed.
    4. Those who seem to show the "witch craft" we know as the Force are taken away and others are told that they are executed.
    5. The nobile elite have a secret place hidden away known as the "Havens". Nobody but those in charge know about it. It is a place where the most "gifted" young members of society are sheltered from the caste system. These "gifted" youngsters have the powers of the Force only the head of the nobility know about.
    6. One peasant is a skilled thief and steals from the nobility to sell items on the black market to help his villagers. He is caught one day but freed by a mysterious figure who leaves him/her an item which is like a compass. That compass leads this village thief to the Havens (journey and adventures ensue). He/she gets into the Havens after learning that it houses a powerful resource that will help ailing members of his/her village community that the nobility won't help (because, remember, they don't have the resources to share based on the agreement with the enemy).
    7. We later learn that the high "magistrate" who also runs the security of the caste world is secretly working with the enemy. The enemy has merely been waiting to obtain enough resources to rebuild their army and attack. The resource they have been seeking and getting from the nobility is secretly stockpiled in the Havens.
    8. The magistrate, acting as a double agent, has a secret force of bounties led by the immediate and primary villain known as Naevin who goes after the hero/heroine, knowing that he/she will lead them to the source of eternus needed by the "enemy". Why not make this enemy the long lost Mandalorian empire.
    9. Craziness ensues and the Force and Jedi order are restored, etc. (This is more of a background story than the actual plot which I have but it's MUCH MUCH longer.)

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
  11. King Maul

King Maul Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 20, 2016
    Set in the far future where hyperspace is no more and the Skywalkers and the Force is a myth.

It focuses on twins on a planet ruled by the Protectors. They soon discover that they can use the Force and receives training from a old man who turns out to be a Jedi .
    The twins becomes part of a plot to rediscover hyperspace and they suceed after defeating Protectors. They leave planet and starts exploring the galaxy.

The boy falls to the dark side while the girl follows the light . The story will follow the war between brother and sister.

ThisIsMe1138 likes this.
  12. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Good start IF Kylo and Rey don't end up being related. If Rey is truly random, they can make the new stories based on siblings. If Rey is related, they can make the new stories based on randoms.

13. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    I want to see a character, could be human or alien, be a secret dark side Force user that comes from a poor less fortunate background who becomes a revolutionary figure that gains control of a system by using populism and anti-intellectualism to fool the masses.

14. Graphic

Graphic Jedi Master star 2

Nov 18, 2012
    Aura Sing - CLIFFHANGER a Star Wars Story

Sudooku and PCCViking like this.
  15. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    I want a "trilogy of trilogies" dealing with the formation of the Republic, the establishment of the Jedi, the split with the Situation, Darth Bane, et cetera.

I'd like an animated series set in between ANH and ESB about Luke, Leia, and Han.

I'd like an animated film that sort of corresponds to "Cloak of deception."

16. Xinau

Xinau Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2015
    "Black Sheep Squadron", but with X-wings, pre-ROTJ.

The Pappy Boyington character is played by Katie Sackhoff.

Wedge has a cameo. Otherwise, all new characters.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
  17. fugacity

fugacity Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 7, 2018
    Easier to say what I don't want: no more "character centric" back story movies. No kenobi, no jabba, no boba fett.

To be clear, I'm good with seeing all of those characters featured in non-saga movies (not really boba fett, I think theres a generational attachment to that non-character I don't share), but I don't want them to be the main characters.

I want movies more like Rogue One - movies about side stories that make sense to the saga. Not just comic book-esque origin story movies.

Solo was fun, but not really a great idea. I think they can build on that foundation in an underworld series of movies where boba and jabba could show up and make sense.

I want more Ewan as Kenobi, but I don't really know if it's a good idea to have a straight up Kenobi movie. It feels like there's not enough material to work with between rebels and ANH.

I'd like a rebellion fighter squadron movie or show

I'd like a way-back jedi/sith KOTR movie

I wouldn't turn up my nose at an empire movie with a lot of Vader

Something in the pre-RO era featureing the Jedah priests - would be a good way to expound on the force.

Oh, and let's please really not have the Lando movie. I liked Donald in Solo, but a Lando movie makes no sense.

Basicaly come up with good side stories, not character back-stories.

18. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    A teenage boy, with highschool bullying problems and in love with his rather hot next door neighbour, goes on a school excursion and is bitten by a Force Sensitive spider....

crazyewok likes this.
  19. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    There’s no reason they can’t be both. A good side story that features some characters we know. Like Rogue One and Solo.

20. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Better yet, make him a real estate mogul.

WriterMan and Ubraniff Zalkaz like this.
  21. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    A war breaks out. One side has X-Wings and the other has TIE fighters. And someone wears a jacket at some point because jackets are really cool.

GregMcP and Darth Smurf like this.
  22. Graphic

Graphic Jedi Master star 2

Nov 18, 2012
    The List could be endless...

Im excited about the recently anounced Prequel-Era Books and hope that this indicates that indeed some Prequel Stuff is coming in other media aswell.

My dream would be a anthology TV Series with each Season (8 to 10 Episodes) about another Topic/Character.

S1 - Invasion of Naboo ("My People are dying Senator...")

S2 - Shatterpoint (Sam Jackson is crying for a return as Mace!)

S3 - Assajj Ventress ( during her time as Bounty Hunter - love that helmet!)

S4 - Sugi / Embo Stuff

S5 - Republic Commando (you know the drill)

S6 - Order 66 (Season 6 , Order 66 ... yeah!)

Sudooku likes this.
  23. Mandalorian Riddler

Mandalorian Riddler Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2018
    501st Legion Film would be nice

Sudooku likes this.
  24. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    A film about the origins of the Jedi on Ahch-To in the styles of Kurosawa and Bergman. I feel like The Last Jedi only scratched the surface of the history of that island.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
    Bor Mullet and Sudooku like this.
  25. ComfortablyNunb

ComfortablyNunb Jedi Master star 3

Nov 21, 2015
    I really hope Rian's trilogy or Benioff & Weiss cover this. Reading that stuff in the TLJ visual dictionary about the Prime Jedi really got my curiosity flowing. In fact, I think that's why I was so disappointed to see Snoke taken out so abruptly, though it truly was a surprising twist. JJ could salvage Snoke in Episode 9, but either way, I'd like to see more about the early days of the Jedi and Sith.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.