main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Live - Action Justice League Movie

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Jedi_Master_Conor, Feb 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2008/01/and-justice-for.html

And 'Justice' for none?
    Jan 9, 2008, 10:57 AM | by Nicole Sperling

Holy work-stoppage, Batman! The ongoing WGA strike now has Warner Bros.' superhero bonanza Justice League of America in its crosshairs. A source tells Hollywood Insider that filmmakers would like another script rewrite and are now debating whether to begin shooting without one. The studio has a Jan. 15 deadline to either greenlight League for a spring production start -- meaning a summer '09 release -- or push it into the post-strike ether. (Warner Bros. had no comment.) All seven superheroes have been cast -- among them, Adam Brody, according to one report -- but it remains to be seen whether they'll get to fly this year.

Please pull the plug.

2. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 3, 2004
    The filmmakers want a rewrite and the studio wants to start shooting anyway? Sounds like a terrible idea to me, they're asking for trouble.

3. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Agreed[face_praying]

4. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Justice League put on Hold!

Oh thank you merciful god.:oops:

5. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    Here's the news from Entertainment Weekly
    http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2008/01/justice-league.html

Justice League' grounded
    Jan 16, 2008, 09:26 PM | by Nicole Sperling

Categories: Movie Biz, Strike

Warner Bros. confirmed Wednesday that it won't be able to get the George Miller-directed Justice League of America off the ground in time for a spring start. As reported here last week, the studio had until Jan. 15 to decide whether the multi-superhero tentpole would begin production in hopes a summer 2009 release. But script issues and production tax complications have forced the studio to push things back until the writers strike (and expected actors strike) are over. The studio is still committed to the young cast Miller has selected (including Adam Brody as Flash and the unknown Megan Gale as Wonder Woman) and hopes to make the movie with them at a later date.

6. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    Yup, the whole thing is stalled at Fox Studios now.
    All the local crew have been laid off except production office, even most of the runners are looking for work already!

7. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    This is the best news I've heard since the movie was announced

8. Spiderfan

Spiderfan Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 9, 2004
    From a fan point of view. Reading DA's statement above it makes me realize that while we fans may spew bile at these productions, when they shut down that means people are left without work. Since the strike work has been scarce enough for people in the industry.

9. Darth_Maul_Sith_Lord

Darth_Maul_Sith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2004
    "From a fan point of view. Reading DA's statement above it makes me realize that while we fans may spew bile at these productions, when they shut down that means people are left without work. Since the strike work has been scarce enough for people in the industry."

Yeah, it's a screwed up situation. The Studios need to realize that they can't just take advantage of writers, actors, crew, and others, otherwise their crappy movies won't get made... This strike should've been resolved weeks ago, but the Suits are too stubborn and can't quite grasp the true nature of the business.

This flick was doomed from day one. It was rushed through pre-production and poorly cast. Even if they do eventually make this thing, I can't imagine it being a huge success. It sounds like the O.C. meets Heroes...

D_M_S_L

10. Spiderfan

Mar 9, 2004
    Don't get me wrong I am glad to see the set back that will hopefully lead to the demise of the ill-conceived project, I am just saddened that this puts additional strain on the industries job market that is already taxed based on the strike.

11. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Yeah, it's never fun to see someone out of work. But as a DC Comics fan, I am so glad to hear that this project has been put on indefinite hold. I want to see it happen eventually (maybe after the Batman and possibly Superman trilogies are over, we could even get Bale and Routh on board), but just not right now, while we've got the Batman series going as strongly as ever, a Superman Returns (which, IMO, was an amazing movie) sequel possibly on the way, a Green Lantern movie in the works (finally!), and a Flash film in production. Maybe we'll see a Wonder Woman movie as well.

Point is, DC needs to do what Marvel is doing. Set up individual franchises, maybe even have some of them cross over, and then give us the huge epic with all of them at once. Done right, a Justice League movie could make us fanboys require a new pair of pants.

12. Spiderfan

Mar 9, 2004
    Given the results of the Marvel adaptations to film I say its smart for DC to take it slow and wait for the right results.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.