main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Resource Looking for Fics?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Jeditheskyisblue, Jan 25, 2004.

1. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    @LLL I can probably also find it if you give me the title and the name of the user who posted it.

2. LLL

LLL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 16, 2000
    I BELIEVE it was called His Ultimate Punishment (but I could be wrong about that) and the original poster was either me or sabarte.

Thanks. Because I don't know HOW I found that link yesterday.

Chyntuck likes this.
  3. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    Findswoman likes this.
  4. NihlsBane

NihlsBane Jedi Youngling

Dec 19, 2023
    Appreciate the advice. I found it on the Wayback machine but the version was also truncated lol.

5. Mechalich

Mechalich Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2010
    Check if the author has a page of Fanfiction.net or Archive of Our Own as they may have reposted the story there.

6. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    For @Kit', who was looking for the collection Letters to those who will listen in the social thread. Here it is:

The original thread, started in 2000: https://boards.theforce.net/threads/letters-to-those-who-will-listen.211422/
    The available backup on the Wayback Machine (unfortunately only page 1, but the entries seem to be short enough that few are truncated): https://web.archive.org/web/20050217165253/http://boards.theforce.net:80/message.asp?topic=211422
    An attempt to re-launch the thread in 2005: https://boards.theforce.net/threads/letters-to-those-who-will-listen-revisited.1815055/

Gamiel, Kahara, Mira_Jade and 2 others like this.
  7. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    You are amazing [mention]Chyntuck [/mention]!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    No, my husband's spreadsheet is :p

Last edited: Mar 15, 2024
    Gamiel, Kahara, Mira_Jade and 2 others like this.
  9. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    @DarthIshtar I checked Soldier's Dance for you in my spreadsheet. While there's quite a bit of it on the Wayback Machine, there's still a gap in the middle:

Beginning HERE and clicking "next" until you run out of backed up pages, you have the thread up to post 766

Then beginning HERE the backup picks up at post 1096 and reaches the end of the thread.

If the author reposted the story partially somewhere else, perhaps you can recover the missing chapters?

Gamiel, Kahara and Findswoman like this.
  10. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    @Chyntuck thanks. The author left the SW fandom and I’ve never been able to track them down elsewhere, so thanks for enabling my partial joy.

Kit', Chyntuck and Kahara like this.
  11. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    23 years ago today, I came here to finish reading a fic that wasn’t as far along on another site. Now I can’t find the fic on the archive.org versions (I can find the link, but if doesn’t load). Any help finding at least part of The Penitent by a variety of people, including Jedigaladriel?

Kit' and Chyntuck like this.
  12. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    @DarthIshtar Unfortunately very little (hardly anything, really) of The Penitent as it was posted on the boards is available on the Wayback Machine, but JediGaladriel had her own site where the story was reposted in its entirety, and that is backed up in full here.

Kahara and Kit' like this.
  13. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Agh! Yay! That was the exact page I couldn’t get to from any of the links that I found before. Many thanks.

14. The Emotional Jedi

The Emotional Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

May 18, 2021
    Even though I don't hate the 2008 Clone Wars show, I vastly prefer the pre-TCW timeline of the Clone Wars, the timeline that was covered in Dark Horse's "Republic" comics and the old Clone Wars novels from the early 2000s. Therefore, I always try to ignore the existence of TCW when imagining scenarios where Anakin doesn't fall to the Dark Side, precisely because I prefer the old Clone Wars timeline over TCW itself. So, I was wondering if some of you could recommend me a good and realistic FanFiction based on this premise. A FanFiction that has a good ending for Anakin, Padmé, the Republic and the Jedi Order, but at the same time also ignores TCW and focuses on the old Clone Wars timeline. Possibly, a FanFiction that was written before TCW even came out.

Kahara likes this.
  15. MxMando

MxMando Jedi Youngling

Jul 19, 2024
    I am looking for a couple of fics I read back on the original boards. Any help is greatly appreciated!

1: The Correllian Saga. I don't actually know the real name of this fic. It may have been a collection of shorter stories or one long fic, idk. The parts I remember are few but distinct. The protagonist is a Correllian Jedi, who falls in love and ends up getting married against the rules but ends up finding out that other Jedi are also secretly married. It features at least a cameo by Corran Horn. Someone's father-in-law has a red star destroyer that was painted that color because it was the largest quantity available at the illegal space port he purchased it at or something like that. There is the phrase "wife in the window" used to describe political marriage on Corellia.

2: This one HAUNTS ME CONSTANTLY! It's an alternate universe where "A Long Long Time Ago, In A Galaxy Far Far Away" was a marketing ploy rather than a Truth. We begin with Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan sent by the Jedi Order to feature on the Republics favorite show: JEDI!: A COPS style show, where camera droids follow the protagonists on their journeys through the stories of the prequels to the sequels. With many twists of course! At one point Obi-Wan crash lands on Earth and finds this out. He lands in Vegas, if that's any help. For the Ep III portion, Mustafar is unable to be filmed on due to IT BEING A LAVA PLANET, so a suitably safe but similar looking world is chosen to stand in for it. A planet where rivers of bright red plankton flow down to a red sea. The latest chapters I remember reading have Mara Jade as Luke's apprentice having trouble with her force powers on her period. Same girl, same.

Kahara and Findswoman like this.
  16. Exeter

Exeter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    Been quite a while since this request but better late than never I suppose. I was going through an old hard drive and came across a complete PDF:

Burn! Burn! Burn! (DOWNLOAD)

It's a great horror story, very suspenseful and super creepy.

Mira_Jade and Kahara like this.
  17. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    I think this might have been Bad Boys: JEDI Style by Kelaria. Unfortunately, I don't think any of that author's works are still available online -- searching doesn't bring up anything other than defunct links and people looking for the stories.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2024
    MxMando and Mira_Jade like this.
  18. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    There is a story titled Bad Boys: Jedi Style on the boards, but posted under the user names Wawooot/wawoot. The original (truncated) threads are here (chapters 1-16) and here (chapters 17 to end).

I found backups of those on the Wayback Machine (I only did a cursory check but there don't appear to be any missing pages):
    • Chapters 1-16 here
    • Chapters 17 to end here

Is that the story you were looking for @MxMando @Kahara ?

19. MxMando

MxMando Jedi Youngling

Jul 19, 2024
    @Chyntuck @Kahara That's exactly the one I was looking for!!! Thank you both so much for your help!

Kahara, Chyntuck and Findswoman like this.
  20. Darthme1011

Darthme1011 Jedi Master

Mar 29, 2006
    so don't know if this is allowed I forgot this site existed and would love so help finding fics to read not after any specific fics just anything with luke/mara romance and the longer the story the better.

Kahara and Mira_Jade like this.
  21. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Requests like this are just what this thread is for. :D
    • Right off the top of my head, I have to recommend the truly epic Interregnum trilogy by @Bel505 and @SnubJockey! This is a continuation of Zahn's original TTT, with a big ol' dash of the X-Wing series, and is oh so satisfying as such: Interregnum I, Interregnum II, and Interregnum III.

• Then, of course, there's anything and everything ever written by @Gabri_Jade. Reclamation is a WIP AU where Luke and Mara meet during the OT. By Gabri's own summary: Luke Skywalker never expected to leave home for good. Mara Jade never expected to fall in love with a TIE pilot. The galaxy will never be the same.

• Gabri's Renewal!verse also gives me life as a Luke/Mara shipper. This is an AU where Mara meets her birth family shortly after TTT, and I can't even begin to describe how heartwarming and brilliantly characterized these stories are. So far, the series includes: Renewal, Fragments of Jade, Fractured, The Story So Far, And They Danced, From the Ground Up, and Goes On and On. (And there's more yet to come. [face_mischief])

• And, last but not least, If you like your L/M a little more on the dark and twisty side, @vader_incarnate did an amazing job taking the mess that was Dark Empire and somehow crafting a work of art with Black Pawn and Black Knight.

Happy reading! [:D]

SnubJockey, Kahara, Bel505 and 3 others like this.