main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Lost and Then Found - J/J AU - Jag as a pirate?! Sorta kinda - Updated 3/21/10

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jadesabre75, Aug 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jadesabre75

jadesabre75 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 14, 2007
    My muse is sucking it big time right now. *sigh* Sorry guys. I probably won't get anything written this weekend either. But I promise I'm trying. Hopefully soon...[face_praying]

Happy Talk Like a Pirate day for Sat by the way! Argh!!
    :cool:

2. jadesabre75

Nov 14, 2007
    Well, you all have Jade Eyes to thank for this update. lol She kicked me in the butt to get it done. That's only because she ROCKS!

Enjoy!

~Sab

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

Few days later...

?What do you mean you don?t know where the list is?!? Mara screamed at the man sitting behind the main console in the hangar. He tried to stutter out an answer but wasn?t successful with the redhead that towered over him. Watching from a few meters away a grimace came over Wedge?s face as Mara?s almost palpable anger bled into the room. He had been on the receiving end of one of her tirades before so he could sympathise with the man.

?Uh Mara. Can you please stop glaring at Hugh and step away from the console?? Wedge pleaded with her as he approached her quietly from behind. Of course Luke wasn?t here to calm the situation down so he would have to do it himself. Hopefully she didn?t hit him.

Slowly she moved back but didn?t break eye contact with the young communications officer. Wedge simply waited until she had stepped far enough away that he could move into the space between her and the expensive machinery to act as a buffer.

?Now, what?s going on that made you feel the need to jump down Hugh?s throat?? He asked her calmly.

?No one can find the code list we use to contact Jag.? Mara told him, her face no longer matching the color of her hair. A few more deep breaths and she was almost back to normal. He simply waited for her to get there.

To ensure that no one found them on the off chance Jag ever got into trouble, they had devised a system with their contact codes. It wasn?t enough to simply change the code up. They were planning sedition and it was better to be more safe than sorry. Jag had planned out a code that would change randomly and had given them a key to it. Only a few people had access to it and the two people that worked the console for all incoming calls were part of that small group. If it was lost?he didn?t want to go there.

?Who was the last person to see it?? Wedge asked quietly, giving his friend a small smile when she looked up at him. Mara was a shoot first ask questions later kinda girl so he was used to this. The sheepish look that started to creep on her face made him want to smile wider but he resisted the urge. A trip to the med ward was not on his agenda today.

?I didn?t ask that.?

He gave her a nod and turned to walk back to the console. Hugh still looked shaken up but also relieved when he saw Wedge.

?When did you relieve Sarah??

?A few hours ago, but I didn?t think to ask about the code. I just assumed it would be there.? Hugh responded quietly. Wedge blew a puff of air out his nose and nodded to the young man, silently telling him to go on with his work and turned around to face Mara again.

?We?ll just have Duena splice into the net and see if she can find them. It?s not a big deal. Breathe sweetie.?

Mara took a deep breath unconsciously and Wedge chuckled to himself.

?Come on. Let?s go see her and get her to work on finding him.? He put an arm around her slim shoulders and pulled her gently out the door. Duena wasn?t on duty today but he knew she wouldn?t hesitate to help them out.

The general air of the group was bursting with excitement since Luke had announced they were moving forward with their plans. Everyone had been waiting patiently but they all wanted to do more. The only problem with that was most of them were outlaws in some form or another all thanks to Zekk.

It had surprised Wedge that they had remained hidden for so long. One of his greatest fears was of them being found when they least expected . Constant vigilance was tiring as well.

They approached Duena?s dwelling and Wedge knocked on the door as he glanced at Mara quickly. She had been quiet the entire trip and he knew she was thinking too much. A trait she and her husband shared.

The door opened a few minutes later and the young Sullustan greeted Wedge with a quick nod before moving quickly out of the doorway so they coul

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Nummy ummy update. J&J are definitely on a more natural footing--i.e., friends sorta and also hot for each other [face_laugh] The bits about Wedge and company worked perfectly too. :D Loved how he was able to calm Mara down. ;) Luke would have a different strategy and we'd have serious mush [face_laugh]

@};-

Always happy to unstick from writer's block. :D

[face_dancing]

4. EmpressJainaSoloFel

EmpressJainaSoloFel Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 3, 2009
    Great update!!! I love how Jag and Jaina started opening up to each other. And Mara was just priceless!! Keep up the great work!

5. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    Again a story I have found that I really really like. I do like the premise of it, and that you have Zekk as the bad guy.

And I am imagining Jag as that kind of pirate...oh yummy.

This is getting interesting and cannot wait to see where it goes.

6. Kailene

Kailene Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 17, 2009
    Psych ! What a great way to start the week.

I'm just loving your Kyp [face_laugh] - What are friends for if you can't have a little fun at their expense (and give them the kick in the pants that they need)!

Classic Mara :) .

As for J&J, [face_love] nice to see them starting to open up a little bit towards each other. Kyp's whole plan could have back-fired quite badly if they were at each other's throats the whole time.

A big [:D] to Jade-eyes for helping out.

7. CelseteAntola

CelseteAntola TF.N Books Staff star 3 VIP

May 18, 2002
    Fantastic update!!

That 'locked-in-the-hangar' scene was nice and full of sexual tension... I loved it!! [face_love]

[face_laugh] I could just picture the panic on Kyp's face when Jag started roughing him around. Positively classic!

Mara was fabulous, as always, and seeing Wedge was an unexpected treat.

I'm totally looking forward to the next post!

~Celeste

8. jadesabre75

Nov 14, 2007
    ~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

You and me both! Though I know a little more than you. LOL

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

She definitely deserves it.

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

9. canadianjedimama

canadianjedimama Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 28, 2008
    Constant vigilence!!! Professor Moody approves. :D

Awww... Jag is softening toward her. And it only took a wee prank to get him to do it. Don't worry Kyp, we shall sing songs and compose epic poems on how you sacrificed yourself for Teh Greatest Love of All.

:p

Nice update. And yes, jade_eyes rawks. That is why we love her much.

:D

Cyn

10. Ambyr-Rose

Ambyr-Rose Jedi Youngling

Sep 21, 2009
    jadesabre, I love this!!! Here's hoping your muse returns soon - I can't wait for one of these kids to make a move!

Would it also be too much of a bother to add me to your PM list? I'm in for the long haul!

Ambyr-Rose

11. JFEL13

JFEL13 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 2009
    Oh this was awesome! I've been out of town, so I got to read 2 posts at once! Glad you're not blocked anymore. This is so fun. Loved Kyp and Corran. Tenel giving it to Jag was great.

In the previous post, I loved how you used pirate-like descriptions for non-pirate things. Like how Jaina's hair had "mutinied". Priceless!

I also appreciate the not-smiling Jag stuff. Classic Jag control.

Loving this story. Can't wait for more!

12. jadesabre75

Nov 14, 2007
    ~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

Thanks! I will try and deliver soon.

13. _sticks

_sticks Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 8, 2005
    More! When do they find out who she really is?????

14. jadesabre75

Nov 14, 2007
    LOL Not this next chapter, but the one after that is when things start to get interesting. That's all I say.

15. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    The crew is working as matchmakers. Sneaky little devils [face_devil]

Keep up the good work.

16. jadesabre75

Nov 14, 2007
    Thanks!

17. jadesabre75

Nov 14, 2007
    Now don't get used to this. lol I just happened to get the next chapter done last night. It's a little short but I had to cut it off here because the next chapter starts a little drama/action. Enjoy!

~Sab

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

The next week went by without any major disruptions, though Jaina missed Kyp?s little pranks and his snarky attitude. Ever since the little incident with the locked hangar he had been a little more subdued and she didn?t even want to think about what Jag had done to make him like that. Coran assured her this was normal and he would be back to his old ways in no time.

A small smile came to her face as she thought of the once brooding male specimen that owned her current mode of transportation. While they hadn?t become best friends, he had definitely toned down his bipolar tendencies since that day. A few times she had sworn that she had observed a glint of amusement in his eyes when dealing with Kyp.

The more she watched the two friends, and the whole crew really, she saw just how much they cared about each other. And how much they depended on one another. It was little things that she hadn?t noticed wrapped up in her own miseries at the time.

To most observers Tenel came across as cold and unfeeling, but she was actually the one who took care of all of them. She just wasn?t obvious about it. Coran was the equivalent of their father figure. A few times she had noticed Jag go to him with a question and saw how the older man had suggested things in a way as to not make Jag feel inferior.

Jysella and Valin reminded her of Anakin and herself. It was almost hard to believe they were siblings since they got along so well, but every now and again she had witnessed a disagreement between them that would remind her of that.

A sense of melancholy started to fall on her and she shook her head, refusing to start feeling like that. She wasn?t gone yet and she would enjoy what little time she had left with her friends.

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

?His crew just picked up a shipment on Kuat, sire.?

Zekk sat in front of the huge window that looked out over his hanger as he swirled the dark brown liquid in his glass with an almost relaxed grace. He took his time answering the man behind him, soaking in the anxiety he could almost feel coming off him in waves. Taking a sip he leaned his head back against the padded chair and watched the bustle on the floor below him.

It pained him to know that Solo?s residence in his dungeon was having an impact on the work that was being done right now. He had never realized how important one man could be to his daily operations. The remaining mechanics had rushed in to try and take the seasoned man?s job but weren?t nearly as qualified as he was.

Sith, the absence of Jaina had been felt almost as much as her father?s. Though that would never be corrected because once she was back where she belonged he would need a replacement for her anyway. There would be only one place where she was needed and it wasn?t on the hangar floor.

Tiring of his own thoughts he decided to turn his attention back to the other occupant of his room.

?Was she with him??

?The only females we saw were Tenel Ka and Jysella. He didn?t have any new crew members listed on his check in either.?

Downing the rest of his drink he turned his chair around to face the messenger that stood ramrod straight in front of his massive desk. He gave the man an intent look, trying not to show his satisfaction at the small shake that started in his body.

?Very good, Max. I trust that you are attempting to rectify that small issue.?

?Yes sire. I have men working on it as we speak.?

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

Jaina wrestled with her mixed emotions about their scheduled docking at Corellia in a couple days. She was glad to finally be reaching her intended destination and getting one possible step closer to helping her family out. Surprisingly she had kept her anxiety and worry about them in check the last week and she knew it was because of the crew.

On

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi, Sab: :) I'm afraid I'm already used to it [face_laugh] Love the tone of this--on the brink of serious action. :D Delightful state of affairs with J&J, looks like the comfy atmosphere continues. And she's dreaming about him at night too? Hmmm. Sure sign of soulmate-hood. [face_laugh] I have a similar thing going on in the diary I'm writing (way in advance, LOL!!! I'm stockpiling entries & melting at the same time!)

Wedge's comparing Iella to Mara was a hoot, a compliment too. :D ;)

19. EmpressJainaSoloFel

Jan 3, 2009
    I see why you said the chapter after this one would see things start to get interesting! Poor Jag has no idea what's coming his way. It will open up the doors for some seriously emotionally-charged interaction between the two of them, though. Keep up the great work, and I hope to see an update soon (I know, I know, hypocrite me).

20. jadesabre75

Nov 14, 2007
    Thanks!

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

Yeah, don't hate me for the next update. lol New update going up in a few. Chapter after that is at the beta. lol

21. jadesabre75

Nov 14, 2007
    Yes, you get another update today. The reason for that is these next two chapters were the very first thing I wrote about this story. I start in the middle and work out from there. I'm weird I know. Um, yeah this chapter is kinda angsty so just giving you a fair warning. Hopefully next one will be up tomorrow.

Enjoy!

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

One week later?

They left the restaurant in good spirits. Kyp was joking around again and even Jag was laughing out loud as they made their way down the street. Jaina should have known it wasn?t going to last.

?She is considered very sick and in need of medical attention. If you see her, please contact the local authorities. There is a reward for her safe return.?

They were traveling on one of the moving walkways in the capital city when Jag heard the announcement. Usually he didn?t care about these announcements. Human cargo was too much trouble and he didn?t feel like investing that much emotion and time in them. The money was in goods. But something made him look over at the massive screen that hung in the square. His brain took a moment to register the holo he was seeing, but when it did he cursed. Loudly.

The crew all turned to look at him then Kyp followed his gaze and cursed too. To her credit, Jaina remained composed, not making eye contact with anyone. She took a deep breath to try and calm her nerves but it wasn?t helping. The food they had just eaten sat like a rock in her stomach and she waited for his response. This would not go well.

?Reports say that the nefarious Captain Jagged Fel had something to do with Ms. Solo?s abduction. Any information as to his or his crew?s whereabouts should be directed to your local law enforcement personal.?

All eyes moved to her and she closed her own waiting for the tirade. When none came, she cracked one eye open and saw a myriad of looks on their faces. Amusement seemed to be the most common one. Knowing she couldn?t avoid it forever, she finally met Jag?s eyes and flinched. His face showed nothing, but she knew he was pissed.

?Was there something you forgot to tell us?? Coran asked her nicely, sending her a small pity filled smile.

?No.? She answered drawing herself up to her full height and tipping her chin up.

?Really. Well, in that case no worries.? He responded, his gaze leaving hers to scan the immediate area. Before anyone else could speak, Jag grabbed her arm painfully and pulled her close.

?Everyone back to the ship.? He ground out.

?But Jag, what about??

?Now.? Even though he spoke the word quietly, the power that one word possessed almost made Jaina cry. No one spoke as they subtly change direction. Jaina tried to pull away, but couldn?t budge his hand from her arm. ?Even you, love. I think you have some explaining to do.? Jag whispered menacingly into her ear.

He didn?t speak or release her as they made their way back to the Doom.

?You lied to us.? He told her as he jerked her into the common room and pushed her away from him.

?I never lied.? She said bravely. ?You never asked.? Jag felt Kyp come up behind him and he tried to temper his anger.

?Don?t play semantics with me, Jaina. You?re a fugitive. That?s a trifle important to keep to yourself if you ask me.? He knew that Zekk?s mention of medical issues was just to keep the heat off of Jaina as far as the public was concerned. Zekk would try to paint her in a good light and make Jag look bad to help ensure she was brought back to him.

?Oh, and you?re a saint?!? She yelled at him, willing herself not to cry. He would only think she was using it against him. Somewhere in her mind, she knew she shouldn?t be pushing him right now but her fear was making her stupid.

?We?re not discussing me at the moment, or my place in the afterlife. What we are discussing is your blatant disregard for the safety of others.? At her confused look, he lost it. ?You have endangered my crew on some petty, selfish journey to make your lover jealous!? He roared as his hands fisted at

22. EmpressJainaSoloFel

Jan 3, 2009
    It better get better, lol. Wedge is gonna kill Jag if it doesn't... And we can't have that :-D

23. jadesabre75

Nov 14, 2007
    LOL I promise next chapter will make up for it.

24. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    Hmm Jag might have misunderstood the meaning of word badass. You are suppose to kick ass and not be an ass you moron!!! :mad:

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wow! Jag's stubborn as two mules [face_laugh] ;) No wonder Kyp has to ride his case all the time. :p Love how Tenel and the rest stick up for Jaina. =D=

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.