main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[LOTR] Something Devoutly to be Wished. For the Nightwish Roulette Mini Game

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Apr 20, 2024.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Something Devoutly to be Wished

@Mira_Jade gave us the amazingly exquisite Nightwish Roulette; #3 is Sleeping Sun

Lyrics:
    "The sun is sleeping quietly
    Once upon a century
    Wistful oceans calm and red
    Ardent caresses laid to rest

For my dreams I hold my life
    For wishes I behold my night
    The truth at the end of time
    Losing faith makes a crime

I wish for this night-time to last for a lifetime
    The darkness around me Shores of a solar sea
    Oh how I wish to go down with the sun
    Sleeping, weeping, with you

Sorrow has a human heart
    From my god it will depart
    I’d sail before a thousand moons
    Never finding where to go

Two hundred twenty-two days of light
    Will be desired by a night
    A moment for the poet’s play
    Until there’s nothing left to say

I wish for this night-time…
    I wish for this night-time…"
    Disclaimer: I own nothing but love everything. :D

Celeborn recalled when he first saw Galadriel, her tresses a radiant as shimmering gold; her eyes full of the brilliance of stars.

Through countless years, they stood together against Dark foes, forged a bastion of courage and wisdom.

In the final triumph, there was a serenity and gladness, and yet . . .

Underlying it all was the knowledge that their paths would not continue always together.

Hers would diverge.

Knowing this, neither would have chosen differently, would not have eschewed the chance to share their life's purpose, hopes, joys, and sorrows.

Celeborn wished that some clemency or unlooked for gift would be granted, to her for her part in the struggle, that their hearts and souls might continue on together across the Sundering Seas.

--

2. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Aw, I love this! [face_love] I'd wondered if you'd choose to take a Tolkien approach to the prompt, and you most certainly did not disappoint! I appreciate how you took that awe and fascination, even in a celestial sense, and applied it to Celeborn's love for Galadriel. Even if they do face a parting in their paths now, it's not eternal - at least by wish and hope and faith - and you really captured that sense of melancholy and expectation that the song so hauntingly conveys. Which can be quite the trick in any medium!

Thank you so much for sharing this answer to the challenge with us! I enjoyed every word. =D= [face_love]

3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 7

Aug 21, 2006
    Love always to see a beautiful insight into Celeborn and his thoughts on Galadriel

Kahara and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha like this.
  4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Thank you! I love all the great pairings in the Tolkien worldscape. [face_love]

earlybird-obi-wan and Kahara like this.