main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Lovely old WEG illustrations

Discussion in 'Literature' started by cthugha, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    The Captain of the Freelance is a White Human and they have a very nice cameo in the second NJO book.

2. cthugha

cthugha Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 24, 2010
    For some reason I always thought of him as more like Asian (or at least middle-eastern)... probably based on the name & this picture:

[​IMG]

VadersLaMent likes this.
  3. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    Always looked more like one of those dashing French corsairs to me. Must be the pony tail.

Quiet_Mandalorian likes this.
  4. cthugha

cthugha Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 24, 2010
    I guess either are possible from what we see :)

So here are some snapshots from the GCW (all from Rules of Engagement, and I think all by Joey Robinson):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Mazzic

Mazzic Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2000
    A long while back, I procured this sketch from Mike Vilardi. They're his character sketches for WEG's "Dark Force Rising Sourcebook."
    [​IMG]

6. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    [​IMG]
    Failed Jedi.

7. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    The cover for Kenobi?

8. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    Speaking of procuring from Vilardi, he's currently having a sale of his old art ... Art for Sale!!

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  9. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    I actually asked Vilardi about this specific image, since the characters felt a bit ... I dunno, more contemporary in some way than other characters. Turned out my hunch was right.

Zoodia Tantra, from "Droids Defiant!" in Star Wars Adventure Journal #9.

Gorefiend likes this.
  10. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    I cannot find I link for two of my favorite WEG images from the Rebel Alliance Sourcebook. One is from the starships section, showing a Rebel fleet consisting of six or so Mon Cal cruisers with assorted support ships and fighters. The second is of a Mon Calamari shipyard constructing a Mon Cal cruiser. I really love that image and have always wished that this particular cruiser was retconned into a new class.

So yeah, they are great images, I just lack a link to them. :p

--Adm. Nick

11. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. johnthejedi24

johnthejedi24 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 12, 2004
    As I've said before, I have 95% of the WEG reference and source books, I only use them for reference and material for short stories, although there's tons of great short stories themselves in the publications. As other posters said, the art is still awesome.

They are still available on amazon, abebooks, barnes&noble.com and a great number on file sharing sites like 4shared. Prices have gone up over the years though.

13. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    I always imagined that the lower image was of one of the Rebel Navy's roving battle lines. Five Mon Cal cruisers, six frigates, a CR90 corvette, and a GR75 transport with assorted fighters is a nice fit for this concept. Also, that image has a sorta BSG vibe to it, with the "rag tag fleet" cruising through the stars.

WEG at it's best. :cool:

--Adm. Nick

14. COMPNOR

COMPNOR Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 19, 2003
    All hail Ebareebaveebeedee, King of the Squib Polyanarchy!

[​IMG]

Gorefiend and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  15. R_Zion

R_Zion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 23, 2004
    Times are tough for the cast of 'The Force Unleashed' since there's no news of a third game. Rahm Kota here, for instance, has been 'forced' to perform magic shows in the local cantina to afford his next drink make ends' meat...

16. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    [​IMG]

1. For all people complain all about bureaucracy in Star Wars, we don't actually see it very much.

2. It is pretty hilarious to see Bossk of all people with something that looks like a driver's license.

3. Despite the fact this is a violent, oppressive state giving a proven psychopath a license to hunt people, the limitations, requirements, and legally granted abilities of the license are actually very reasonable.

17. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I wonder if Boba Fett's would have his helmet as his face...

Or would it be a case of 'Badges..we don't need no stinking badges..'

18. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004

his ID shows the face of Jaster Mereel

19. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    Actually I doubt Boba Fett even has an IOCI license as he doesn’t join one of the Guilds until much later and is known for taking outright illegal contracts and even slaughtering whole regiments worth of Imperials.

20. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Fett remove his helmet for a photo ID? Don't be silly.

That is his face.

21. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Squib. Hmm, here's another one:

[​IMG]

And what is this character's name from the 11th Star Wars Adventure Journal? Mace Windu.

Quiet_Mandalorian likes this.
  22. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
  23. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    Oh yeah, that actually got referenced in the old Holonet News website.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  24. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    HERE

Hidalgo's chronicle of the Battle of Skor II explains why a Squib character in Galaxy Guide 7: Mos Eisley is named "Mace Windu," the same as the Jedi character played by Samuel L. Jackson in the prequel films: the name—and variants—has appeared in George Lucas's notes and drafts for the Star Wars saga since 1973.[124] According to Hidalgo's article, the Squib (whose full name is Macemillian-winduarté), was simply named for the Jedi hero who saved his home planet. Although Denning's Squib characters tend to speak standard Basic, Hidalgo's speak in what he describes as "Squibberish," a babbling, imprecise version of Basic punctuated by Squibbian words like "koovy."[121][125]
    The species has caused some problems in Star Wars fiction. For example, the word is misspelled Squibb in the Star Wars Adventure Journal articles "Murder in Slushtime"[107] and "The Gree Enclave".[108] The novels Shield of Lies[126] and Shatterpoint write the species' name in lowercase. The Official Star Wars Fact File 138 claims that the Squibs hail from the Paradise system along with their rivals, the Ugors.[127] More recent sources, such as The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, contradict the notion,[128] so the Fact File seems to be in error. "HoloNet Waystation," a non-licensed roleplaying adventure in Challenge 74, suggests that Tatooine was too remote for Squibs to visit.[129] The assertion contradicts the presence of Macemillian-winduarté living there as a trader, as established in Galaxy Guide 7: Mos Eisley[8] and the short story "Spare Parts."[

Gorefiend likes this.
  25. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    [​IMG]

This is from the 2nd SWAJ, I am not sure which of those artist drew it. I am pretty sure that is Exar Kun in the middle.. This just might be my favorite bit of WEG art.