main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Major League Lightball

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Darth_Elu, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    IC: Gryffyn Karr
    Karr Pharmaceutical Field, II Avali, Druckenwell

Gryffyn smiled as he sipped his drink. The stadium was absolutely packed for the second series of the MLL season against the Takodana Tigers. The pre-game rituals were nearly over as the players finished warming up on the field. So far the season had yielded positive results.

The crowd fell silent as the national anthem played. The music soared as a flight of snub fighters roared overhead to the cheers of the crowd. Fireworks shot up from the stadium. The energy was rocking.

"You've assembled quite the team," Thaddeu Karr said joining Gryffyn's side.

"All with the idea of bringing a championship to Druckenwell. That's more than Addison can say," Gryffyn replied.

"You two are still competing for something from me that you already had a long time ago," Thaddeus said.

"Your money? Your attention?" Gryffyn suggested in a bitter tone.

"My love," Thaddeus replied. "I don't see why you two can't make things right. You haven't spoken to one another in years. What happened between you two?"

Gryffyn ignored the question. "We've got a strong lineup today."

"I see that," Thaddeus said, "but I'm not here to talk baseball. I'm here to talk family."

"Dad, I don't have the time," Gryffyn said, "besides, Addison has chosen her path. She chose to go her own way. I think the time for us to smooth things over has passed."

"Don't let the past define your future," Thaddeus said.

"I never do," Gryffyn said as he checked his datapad.

His hired gun had just reported that the target was in sight. He sent a simple reply back.

Now, it was only a matter of time.

Pitchers

Jessica Wynter
    Sheena LeFranc
    Randy Jackson
    Danny Keyes
    Emil Zalo

Starting Lineup Games 1-3:
    Left Field: Jerome Battiste
    Right Field: Venus Argyle
    First Base: J.V Frost
    Catcher: Mikhail Pizarro
    Second Base: Krag Bygo
    Third Base: Jamie Soldaar
    Shortstop: Allyson Lechard
    Center Field: Gwendolyn K'frey
    Pitcher

Trieste, Runjedirun and Darth_Elu like this.
  2. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    OOC: In before the bell!

Raimae Riverwisp IC:
    ~Field of Valor, Sundari, Mandalore~

Raimae couldn't believe her luck! There was no way she could have managed to score Opening Day tickets on her own, but by happenstance she managed to be the right caller into a sports show and with a correct guess of how many times the Rancors had reached the Galaxy Series (6), she managed to get two of them anyway.

After selling one due to not having anyone to go with (Just…Just don't dwell on that, Raimae. Don't!), she made her preparations swiftly. And eventually…

The day arrived.

Season Opener against the Mandalore Warriors.

Adding to the bonus was that the roundtrip tickets were paid as well and…she had never been off world before. Honestly, she nearly got lost finding her way to the ballpark but she managed it.

Mandalore wasn't exactly her first choice for off world trips, but the sporting atmosphere was excellent. It made it far better than she originally thought! …so long as she was careful not to say who she was rooting for.

First Inning: Xizer seemed locked in for the season as he struck out the side against the Warriors. Going through them like they were air. She nearly whooped with glee, but Raimae quickly realized via the boos that she was in the wrong section. What other Dathomir fans there were…were not in her section.

"I think I'll just keep quiet," she whispered.

Third Inning: Both teams seemed to be playing well, though Raimae couldn't help but bite her lip. Mandalore seemed to have a really formidable roster this year and it looked like their batters kept getting closer and closer to figuring out the Rancors' kaleesh Ace.

A fastball, down and away, was immediately smacked hard into center field by the Mandalorian hitter. Runner from third made a sprint for home with the crowd cheering wildly, she only gasped. The lightball, however, had been hit too hard. It bounced and reached into the wookiee Korawharra's glove too quickly to be of help. And with the cannon he had for an arm…

It was almost like a giant turbolaser going off and the ball should have past the sound barrier the way it flew to home plate. Somehow, someway, the runner had been caught in time and tagged out. Still no score. Mandalore had just been reminded not to take Dathomir's wookiee lightly.

"WRAHRAGHA!"

The crowd wasn't happy and the dathomiri woman could barely hide her smile. Good thing she brought a hat (not a Rancors one for fear of being singled out) and tipped it down to hide her relieved face.

Sixth Inning: Raimae wrung her hands, or would have if she wasn't busy eating some greasy mandalorian food…why was food at lightball parks so bad yet so tasty by the way?…as the Rancors were up to bat. One out. Mandalore was up, 4-1.

Manaar Xa, the defel second basemen, was up to bat and was putting up quite the fight against Mandalore's own wookiee pitcher. That was the way, tire him out! Eventually though he was jammed into a routine grounder to short and that was out number two.

Next up was the rookie talz, Guffmak. Kid had plenty of power, but was having trouble getting a good pitch to hit.

"It's ok. We got this."

Four pitches later, the inning was over and the young third basemen was shaking his head as he was struck out by Newbacca. It was only the wookiee's second strikeout despite doing so well.

"Oya! Damn right we do! Good call, e'ca'ayr."

…That was close. The guy thought she was a Mandalore fan talking about their defense.

Spirits this is exhilarating! …But please don't let them find me out. Mandos scare the hell out of me.

Ninth Inning: The score was 11-7. 2 outs. That talz rookie was back up to the plate against the Mandalore closer: Druw Miller.

Raimae could only sigh. Well, it wasn't like they had been obliterated or anything. They had fought hard. Traist Vak'ote's two run homer in the seventh had been a sight to see in person too!

She almost missed the ball zooming out of the park this time. It took a half second to realize the distinctive crack of the bat. That lightball had been hit hard. Their were groans all around and she looked up just in time to see the ball going over the fence.

A solo shot to left. Wow. Looked like the rook finally found a pitch to hit and boy, did he! 11-8. Would there be a last second rally?

The grin on her face didn't last long as the final out was recorded two batters later. (Kotra nailed a single to right to have the game last slightly longer)

It may not have ended in a win, but they really did fight to the end…and overall, she hadn't been found out. A good trip for her first time off Dathomir.

As she left the Field of Valor she couldn't help but wonder what it'd be like to just follow the Rancors around all season long without a care in the world outside the sport. But who had money like that besides the owners and staff of the teams themselves?

By the end of the weekend, they lost the series 1 game to 2. But at least they had prevented the sweep. It was a decent beginning to a long season. Next up they were hosting the Naboo Royals.

"Wonder if I could persuade the Matriarch to let me out early again next weekend." A pause.

"Yeah. Right."

Tag: No One

Lineup

SS Reht Horsh
    2B Manaar Xa
    3B Guffmak
    1B Kotra Larack
    CF Korawharra
    C Traist Vak'ote
    RF Carana clan Sarnakh
    LF Sabryna Torne
    (Pitcher)

Runjedirun likes this.
  3. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Jax Matha
    Karr Pharmaceutical Field, II Avali, Druckenwell

Game 1

The young human sat in the dugout leg bouncing as he watched the game unfold before him. He wanted to get in, to get on the mound and finally test his skill against the best in the galaxy. Right now though, it didn't seem like his team was bringing their best.

"Aww, come on…" he called out as Czinkota the short stop lets the ball slip through his fingers. He looks to the Manager, Rivkin. It was apparent in her eyes he wanted to be on the mound, wanted to help turn this stagnant game around. He waited, waited since the end of training to get his chance to play. The score was close but with the errors being made at wrong times, it was going to get away from them. He'd seen it before one error turns into two, and then it just snowballs until you lose the game on preventable mistakes.

He thought that a professional team wouldn't make these kinds of 'schoolboy' errors. Were they just shaking off the rust, he saw them in practice, they looked good. They looked like the team he expected them to be, the professionals of a team known for their ability. He was still confused as to why they were playing so poorly now. He sat back on the bench looking at the manager, still waiting her to put him on the mound.

He might not have been an ego filled blow hard, he wouldn't deny that he was a little competitive, this was the first game of the season, they had to make an impression, and right now all they were making was fool of themselves.

Things tightened up a little in the extra innings were things should have gotten serious. They did, and it looked like they were doing it keeping even with the Bulwarks. As they came into the 13th inning the Yankees were up by a run and they had the Bulwarks at two outs. They could finish this there was a runner on third and second but, a strike out would be that. Unfortunately they didn't get that, it's a long fly ball into the outfield should be an easy catch.

Then the 'Hammer' dropped the ball. Just one more error but, it couldn't have come at a worse time, letting two runners come in before letting the batter get a triple. Jax just hung his head. The game was over right there.

Game 2

The second game when a much different way. The Yankees finally found their feet, or the Bulwarks expected the same team they faced in the first game. Yin Hao pitched 8 innings throwing fastballs and breaking ones as well. He had a balanced style that made him a jack of all yet a master of none. However his pitches were enough to keep the batters guessing, and maintained the Yankees’ control over the game. Jax watched taking mental notes. If he was going to improve he had to learn from those with more experience. He wasn’t putting the batters away with great frequency but, they Yankee’s defense had tightened up and the offence, while it took a bit, finally showed itself, scoring four runs in each of the final innings. Mara even stole a base, her smile beaming, unconsciously Jax began to smirk as well.

At the end, Jax didn’t take the mound but, the Yankees’ won, it almost made up for the defeat in the previous game.

Game 3

Game three came and it was Jax’s turn to take the mound. His hand shook a little as he looked around. The stadium packed, it dwarfed his old school fields. The noise was more than what he was prepared for, distracting. He screwed his eyes shut, letting out a deep breath. The worn material of his old glove brought some calm to his mind. This was just like his first game in school, he just had to focus.

Mara gave the signal, slider, Jax nodded. He reared back and let loose his first pitch ever in the major leagues.

“Ball” the umpire called out. Jax had to do a double take. What, no...no he did not just throw a ball with his first pitch. He looked to Mara, her shoulders were slumped like she didn’t believe it either. The pitcher turned his head letting out another breath. Just a little jitters. Another signal, Curveball, he could do that. It came out of his hand dropping fast halfway to the plate.

“Ball two.” Jax nearly scowled, no...he wouldn’t throw two of them, impossible. Mara gestured with her hand, trying to calm him down. Now his heart was pounding, everyone is watching. The catcher gave another sign, another nodd. As his hand came back, a thought crossed his mind,

‘Sorie is watching.’ the moment his left hand released the ball he knew it was wrong.

“Ball three,” A long breath left him as he looked over to the manager, she had a look on her face that didn’t look friendly. One last time he closed his eyes shutting out the noise surrounding him.

‘Come on now Jaxie’ he said to himself. ‘Just keep it in the zone.’

Mara gives the signal, Change up, Jax nodded. A roll of his shoulders the pitcher centered himself.

‘Just keep it in the zone.’

He threw like a fastball but, it dropped like a curve.

“Strike”

Alright, now things were back on track. Two more pitches put the batter away and Jax felt the nervousness leave him. Just some jitters, that’s all it was. The next inning started good, no more misses, a few strikes but a few hits too. Everything was under control Jax’s nerves had calmed, he was easing into it now. That was until he walked his first batter. It came as a shock, stunning the young man, he never expected that he would walk someone, not in his first game. That shock stuck with him, leading to two runners coming before the inning came to a close.

During his rest he tried to block it out, to refocus on the task at hand, there was still a lot of game left to play.

The next two innings pass by without much incident Jax was back to form keeping his cool striking out a few more batters, maybe getting a little less careful than he should be. However it didn’t harm him, that was until he got to the next inning.

The first pitch was hit landing just behind the shortstop and allowing a runner on base. It was an ill omen for the rest of the inning, a disaster of one by the end of it. That first hit, that crack of the bat late in the game, rattled Jax. He knew he was better than this, better than letting his first pitch in the inning get hit. Yet the evidence was showing otherwise. He tried again to shake off this feeling but, the thought of his father watching threw him off again leading to another flubbed throw and a ball, on of many he threw that inning. He’d gotten into his own head, he could get back on track, or it was very difficult for him. He took too long to think about how he was pitching and not actually doing it. He made sure he was holding the ball just right, then pitching it terribly.

Somehow the Yankees got three outs, but, three runners came in, leading to a lopsided score. Jax was being no help to anyone at the moment and needed to cool off. Mara approached him clearing a space next to him.

"Hey," she started, "you were going a good job out there."

"Aww…" Jax replied, "I'm sorry Mara, I don't know what happened, I just lost my focus."

"Hey, it's just your first game you'll get used to the pressure." He wasn't expecting such a kind response to his many failures. She got up and got ready to take the plate. Jax eyes maybe lingered on her for just a moment. She was really nice, really the only one if he was honest.

He closed out the next few innings getting swapped before the ninth. While he didn't make any more mistakes, it wasn't enough to overcome the blunder of the fifth. Closing out the three game series 1-2 for the Yankees. Not what they were expecting with a hotshot pitcher taking the mound in the third game.

After the game Mara put a hand on his shoulder,

"Want to get a drink?"

"Uhhh…I'm still a little young for that Mara." He blushed a little, her hand was warm on his shoulder. "Besides I gotta call home, my parents will be worrying."

"Alright, maybe later," She walked away but, her warm touch still remained.

His call home was mostly his father telling him he did a good job pitching 8 innings and his mother asking about his arm. The next call he made was to Sorie, she had some words for him.

"Didn't I say you couldn't just slide anymore?" she scolded,

"Ya did Sorie, ya did, I guess it was just nerves, first game and all."

"Jaxie, we've known each other since we were kids, you never get nervous. Even on our first day of little league you didn't get nervous."

"Well I had you there, I had to look tough."

"Jaxie, you know you don't have to lie for me. I won't think less of ya' if you’re a little nervous."

"I know, I know, I'll do better next time."

"You'd better, I might have to get a ticket to Courscant and give you some motivation."

"Promises, promises Sorie."

"Gahh…get yer mind out of the gutter, yer such a boy sometimes,"

"Can't help it."

"Well good…is it night where you are now?" she asked unsure of the time difference.

"Yeah, I think we might want to just say goodbye."

"Goodbye."

"Goodbye."

TAG: Vehn

Lineup

1-1B Zelenogo “Zel” Noyarsk
    2- C Mara Piazzi
    3- 3B Pinchas Krendo
    4- CF Onythe “the Hammer” Hammyn
    5- 2B Phyllon Haight
    6- SS Orache Czinkota
    7- RF Nikole Medzi
    8- LF Runemo Candau
    9- P Sitoch Talis

Jedi Gunny, Vehn and Darth_Elu like this.
  4. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    OOC: Apologies for the late update again…Throwing out my back did not help timely posts. [face_sigh]

Bonus Runs for Mandalore, Thyferra, Ralltiir, Druckenwell, Dathomir, & Coruscant!

Injuries have finally occurred and in a decent number. As such, I'll let you know that the exact injury and how long the player is out is up to you, but here is a general guideline to help from how I see it.

Minor Injury - Out 1-2 Games
    Mild Injury - Out 3-5 Games
    Moderate Injury - Out 6-10 Games
    Major Injury - Out 11-20 Games
    Critical Injury - Out 21-30 Games

Major League Lightball

287 Game 4 Results

Alpheridies: 0 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 2 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 ~ 5, 13, 1
    Rydonni Prime: 0 | 2 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 ~ 3, 10, 0

Knights - Cami Alohe hits 1 HR.

Nia Sparrow throws for 5 IP with 5 Ks.
    Lisa Glassigle throws for 1.2 IP.
    Loren Nezleah throws for 0.2 IP.
    Kaleb Odow throws for 1.2 IP.

Injury Report ~ SS Taz Watley receives a Minor Injury. CF Kretschimiah Kibe receives a Major Injury.

Krayt: 0 | 0 | 0 | 3 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 1 | 0 ~ 6, 11, 0
    Bastion: 2 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 3 | 1 | 1 | x ~ 7, 7, 1

Hunter Killers - Hassen Ezek hits 1 HR. Korvik Vorkohk hits 1 HR. KillKam Korviis hits 2 HRs.

Hell Hound throws for 5.1 IP with 3 Walks and 4 Ks.
    Vorsoni throws for 0.2 IP.
    Gorsoni throws for 1 IP with 1 Walk.
    Horsoni throws for 0.2 IP with 1 Walk and takes the Loss.
    Grakii throws for 0.1 IP.

Naboo: 0 | 0 | 4 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 0 | 0 ~ 6, 11, 1
    Dathomir: 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 1 | 1 ~ 5, 10, 0

Rancors - Atric Weson throws for 5 IP with 3 Walks and 1 K.
    Omor Oigres throws for 2 IP with 2 Ks.
    Narit Shoal throws for 1 IP with 1 K.
    Way Gamo throws for 1 IP with 1 Walk and 1 K.

Byss @ Kashyyyk: 20-3

Ralltiir: 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 2 ~ 3, 7, 1
    Onderon: 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 4 | 0 | 0 | x ~ 5, 6, 1

Renegades - Waavvesh throws 7 IP with 4 Walks and 4 Ks.
    Iuyuk'hohe throws 1 IP with 1 K.

Injury Report ~ RF Lissa Forressen receives a Moderate Injury.

Bakura: 0 | 0 | 2 | 1 | 0 | 2 | 0 | 3 | 0 ~ 8, 15, 0
    Thyferra: 1 | 0 | 2 | 2 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 ~ 6, 14, 2

Tornadoes - Ganner Er'sala gets 1 SB. Itchero Sasuki gets 1 SB.

Wava Rhelt throws 5 IP with 3 Walks and 3 Ks.
    Chi'gara'ness throws 0.2 IP with 1 K.
    Rokee Wel throws 1.1 IP with 1 Walk and 1 K.
    Mackanak Fleeger throws 1 IP.
    Milhollin throws 1 IP with 1 K.

Csilla @ Taanab: 3-5

Coruscant: 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 ~ 2, 3, 2
    Mandalore: 0 | 2 | 0 | 5 | 1 | 0 | 2 | 0 | x ~ 10, 15, 1

Yankees - Sitoch Talis throws 5 IP with 6 Ks.
    Micion Boeotia throws 1 IP.
    Sayören Besni throws 2 IP with 1 Walk and 5 Ks.

Injury Report ~ RF Nikole Medzi receives a Major Injury.

Warriors - Crash Daviss hits 1 HR.

Finn Mancuso throws 9 IP with 4 Ks. A Complete Game!

Injury Report ~ CF Kenneth Luftwaffe receives a Minor Injury.

Takodana: 1 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 2 | 0 ~ 5, 15, 0
    Druckenwell: 1 | 1 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 7 | x ~ 11, 8, 2

Bulwarks - LF Jerome Battiste hits 2 HRs. Krag Bygo hits 1 HR. Jamie Soldaar gets 1 SB. Venus Argyle gets 1 SB.

Danny Keyes throws 8 IP with 2 Walks and 8 Ks.
    Vincent Cutter Jr. throws 1 IP.

Anaxes @ Jakku: 9-3

287 Game 5 Results

Alpheridies: 2 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 2 | 1 | 1 | 0 ~ 8, 15, 0
    Rydonni Prime: 0 | 0 | 0 | 4 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 ~ 5, 13, 1

Knights - Tasha Czar hits 1 HR.

Eld Nammit throws for 7 IP with 2 Walks and 9 Ks.
    Lisa Glassigle throws for 0.2 IP with 2 Walks.
    Ne'wts'werd throws for 1.1 IP with 4 Ks.

Krayt: 0 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 3 ~ 6, 7, 0
    Bastion: 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 ~ 1, 8, 0

Hunter Killers - Blood Hand throws for 5.2 IP with 3 Walks and 7 Ks.
    Vorsoni throws for 1.1 IP with 2 Walks and 1 K.
    Gorsoni throws for 1 IP with 1 K.
    Horsoni throws for 1 IP with 2 Ks.

Injury Report ~ CF Hassen Ezek receives a Minor Injury.

Naboo: 1 | 1 | 3 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 ~ 6, 10, 1
    Dathomir: 2 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 6 | 0 | 1 | 4 | x ~ 13, 11, 0

Rancors - Pinch Hitting RF Dortya-kann hits 1 HR.

Nakolis Treboh throws 5 IP with 2 Walks.
    Omor Oigres throws for 0.2 IP with 2 Walks and 2 Ks.
    Narit Shoal throws for 1.1 IP with 1 K.
    Way Gamo throws for 1 IP.
    Munsul'val Chuzai throws for 1 IP.

Byss @ Kashyyyk: 9-16

Ralltiir: 3 | 0 | 0 | 5 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 ~ 9, 13, 0
    Onderon: 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 1 | 6 | 0 | 0 | 0 ~ 8, 14, 0

Renegades - Sam Puljos hits 1 HR. RF Blehu hits 1 HR. Suzzan Forressen gets 1 SB.

Ozzie Miire throws 5.2 IP with 4 Walks and 3 Ks.
    Jasmiine Rustle throws 1.1 IP with 1 Walk and 1 K.
    Everette Howe throws 1 IP.

Injury Report ~ LF Suzzan Forressen receives a Moderate Injury.

Bakura: 6 | 1 | 2 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 ~ 10, 17, 0
    Thyferra: 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 3 | 4 | 0 | 0 | 1 ~ 8, 10, 0

Tornadoes - Bronson Arriya throws 2 IP with 2 Walks and 1 K.
    Chi'gara'ness throws 4 IP with 2 Ks.
    Rokee Wel throws 1 IP.
    Mackanack Fleeger throws 1 IP with 1 K.
    Milhollin throws 1 IP.

Csilla @ Taanab: 5-6

Coruscant: 0 | 3 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 2 | 4 | 0 | 0 ~ 10, 11, 1
    Mandalore: 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 ~ 1, 7, 0

Yankees - Onythe Hammyn hits 1 HR. Orache Czinkota gets 1 SB. Runemo Candau gets 1 SB. Mara Piazzi gets 1 SB.

Fabi Vibulan throws 7 IP with 1 Walk and 5 Ks.
    Micion Boeotia throws 1 IP with 1 Walk and 1 K.
    Sophron Mus throws 1 IP.

Warriors - Bart Roberts throws 5.2 IP with 2 Walks and 4 Ks.
    Tikk throws 0.2 IP with 1 Walk.
    Tokk throws 2.2 IP with 1 Walk and 3 Ks.

Injury Report ~ 2B Jaina Ericksson receives a Critical Injury. RF Bel'war receives a Moderate Injury. P Bart Roberts receives a Moderate Injury.

Takodana: 3 | 0 | 2 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 2 ~ 7, 10, 0
    Druckenwell: 3 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 ~ 6, 8, 1

Tigers win in 12 Innings!

Bulwarks - Gwendolyn K'frey hits 1 HR. J.V. Frost hits 1 HR.

Sheena LeFranc throws 7 IP with 2 Walks and 9 Ks.
    Mara Laago throws 1 IP.
    Randy Jackson throws 1 IP with 2 Walks and 2 Ks.
    Jessica Wynter throws 2 IP with 1 K.
    Vincent Cutter Jr. throws 1 IP with 1 K.

Injury Report ~ P Sheena LeFranc receives a Mild Injury.

Anaxes @ Jakku: 10-11

287 Game 6 Results

Alpheridies: 0 | 0 | 3 | 0 | 1 | 1 | 2 | 0 | 0 ~ 7, 12, 1
    Rydonni Prime: 1 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 2 | 2 ~ 8, 12, 1

Knights - Lon Timal hits 1 HR. Blair Scorge hits 1 HR. Jess Mendavall hits 1 HR.

Oster Feldman throws for 5 IP with 5 Walks and 5 Ks.
    Lisa Glassigle throws for 1 IP with 2 Walks and 1 K.
    Loren Nezleah throws for 1.2 IP with 2 Walks and 1 K.
    Kaleb Odow throws for 1 IP with 1 K.
    Ne'wts'werd throws for 0.1 IP and gets the Win.

Injury Report ~ 1B Teyo Tojov receives a Minor Injury.

Krayt: 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 ~ 1, 1, 1
    Bastion: 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 2 ~ 4, 7, 0

Hunter Killers - Salamence Vestive throws for 7 IP with 2 Walks and 8 Ks.
    Vorsoni throws for 0.1 IP with 1 Walk and earns a Botched Save.
    Gorsoni throws for 0.2 IP with 2 Walks and 1 K, while taking the Loss.

Naboo: 0 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 ~ 3, 10, 1
    Dathomir: 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 ~ 2, 4, 0

Rancors - Traist Vak'ote gets 1 SB.

Xizer she Qareen throws 8 IP with 2 Walks and 8 Ks.
    Munsul'val Chuzai throws 1 IP with 2 Ks.

Injury Report ~ 2B Manaar Xa receives a Critical Injury.

Byss @ Kashyyyk: 9-7

Ralltiir: 0 | 3 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 1 | 0 | 1 ~ 6, 7, 1
    Onderon: 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 2 ~ 5, 9, 0

Renegades - Krrucceeepumpiaavv gets 1 SB. Buxton Smalles gets 1 SB.

Mollie Jul throws 4 IP with 4 Walks and 3 Ks.
    Iuyuk'hohe throws 1 IP 1 Walk and 1 K.
    Jasmiine Rustle throws 2.1 IP with 1 K.
    Everette Howe throws 0.2 IP with 1 Walk and 1 K.
    Lerhea Brukbemgiac throws 0.1 IP with 1 K.

Bakura: 1 | 0 | 1 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 ~ 4, 10, 0
    Thyferra: 0 | 3 | 2 | 2 | 1 | 3 | 4 | 1 | x ~ 16, 21, 0

Itchero Sasuki hits 2 HRs and gets 1 SB. Cameron Hapbrook hits 2 HRs. Rana Pless hits 1 HR.

Rana Pless throws 7 IP with 3 Walks and 5 Ks.
    Mackanak Fleeger throws 1 IP.
    Milhollin throws 1 IP.

Injury Report ~ 1B Cameron "Winger" Hapbrook receives a Moderate Injury.

Csilla @ Taanab: 13-8

Coruscant: 0 | 2 | 1 | 1 | 0 | 2 | 1 | 0 | 1 ~ 8, 10, 1
    Mandalore: 0 | 0 | 0 | 3 | 2 | 0 | 1 | 5 | x ~ 11, 11, 1

Yankees - Onythe Hammyn hits 1 HR. Phyllon Haight gets 1 SB. Runemo Candau gets 2 SBs.

Neptis Clin throws 7.2 IP with 3 Walks and 2 Ks.
    Krai Wolff throws 0.1 IP.

Warriors - Crash Daviss hits 1 HR. Kragen hits 1 HR.

Newbacca throws 6 IP with 1 Walk and 2 Ks.
    Tikk throws 0.1 IP with 1 Walk.
    Tokk throws 1.1 IP with 1 Walk and 1 K.
    Shur'show'she throws 0.1 IP.
    Druw Miller throws 1 IP with 1 Walk and 2 Ks.

Takodana: 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 ~ 1, 2, 0
    Druckenwell: 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 1 | 0 | 0 | x ~ 3, 9, 1

Emil Zalo throws 6 IP with 3 Walks and 7 Ks.
    Mara Laago throws 0.2 IP with 1 Walk.
    Randy Jackson throws 0.2 IP with 1 Walk.
    Jessica Wynter throws 0.2 IP with 1 K.
    Vincent Cutter Jr. throws 1 IP and gets the Save.

Anaxes @ Jakku: 5-4

Coming Up

Rydonni Prime Knights @ Jakku Scavengers
    Bastion Ren Knights @ Anaxes Royal Guards
    Alpheridies Seekers @ Druckenwell Bulwarks
    Csilla Clawcraft @ Kashyyyk Rage
    Mandalore Warriors @ Krayt Hunter Killers
    Bakura Nobles @ Taanab Staga
    Thyferra Tornadoes @ Ralltiir Renegades
    Dathomir Rancors @ Byss Emperors
    Onderon Drexls @ Naboo Royals
    Coruscant Yankees @ Takodana Tigers

Tag: CPL_Macja Master Vo'Un'Var Darth_Elu Runjedirun Jedi Gunny galactic-vagabond422 Bardan_Jusik Vehn

Trieste, Master Vo'Un'Var and Vehn like this.
  5. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009

IC: The Rancor Pitt

"LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! From downtown Keldabe, on a sunny and warm Taungsday afternooooon. Welcome on into the Rancor Pitt, here on your wave home of the defending Galactic Cup Champion Mando'ade Mercs. I'm Randy the Rancor, he's Justin Pitt. Liz Baker on the boards, with Kitterich on the other side of the glass and oh baby are things starting to look ugly now..."

"Mercs are a mess..."

two hours and 47 minutes later

"OK.. are we ready to go to Meshla Vhetin yet? ...No? Almost? OK, almost. Well then let's go to another topic for a few while we wait on Coach Kor'le's presser... So...how about those lightball Warriors?"

"You serious?"

"Hey they're tied for first in their division after winning their second straight series to start the season."

"You're serious."

"Hey, they're a first place team, have to at least mention..."

"Why? Not like anyone cares."

"Not all fun and games for them either guys..."

"Oh here it comes."

"Hey I like statistics, so I like lightball..."

"We know."

"Anyway, like I was saying, not everything going great for the first place lightball Warriors. The injury bug reared it's ugly head this week for them, and their season is in jeopardy already."

"Does anyone care?"

"I watched a little bit of the first game..."

"You did?"

"...so I saw the Luftwaffe ankle sprain... Yeah I did, I'm from Coruscant remember?"

"So?"

"They played the Yankees last week."

"Is that supposed to mean..."

"The Coruscant Yankees."

"Oh."

"Anyway, I saw the Luftwaffe ankle sprain, but he should be back in the starting lineup pretty soon I would think."

"Yeah he should be fine, but their offensive leader Jaina Ericksson went down in the second game of the series with what could be a season ending injury, and one of their best power hitters, Bel'war, also went down with an injury that could see him missing significant time."

"Yikes, so..."

"First place now, but things are not looking so good for them going forward."

"OK, since you're a fan of lightball K-Man, let me ask you something."

"Sure go ahead."

"If a first place lightball team sinks to the bottom of the standings and no one goes to the games...does it really matter?"

"That's not..."

"OK, hold on here folks. Looks Like Coach Kor'le is starting her press conference, so let's go live to Meshla Vhetin and the head coach of the Mercs, Ryi Kor'le."

TAG: galactic-vagabond422

Week 3/Series 3 Lineups

Lineup for Game 1

1. Villie Mays'hays CF
    2. Margo LF
    3. Ceedaak 1B
    4. Kragen 3B
    5. Crash' Daviss C
    6. Traco'mar'leez "Omar" SS
    7. Saanvi Pihu 2B
    8. Fritz Muldoon RF
    9. Pitcher

Lineup for games 2 and 3

1. Kenneth Luftwaffe CF
    2. Margo LF
    3. Ceedaak 1B
    4. Kragen 3B
    5. Crash' Daviss C
    6. Traco'mar'leez "Omar" SS
    7. Saanvi Pihu 2B
    8. Villie Mays'hays RF
    9. Pitcher

TAG: Darth_Elu

jcgoble3, Darth_Elu and Trieste like this.
  6. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    Mandarlore

"I'm fine guys." Nikole Medzi said laying back in a hospital bed. The Zeltron's leg was in a cast but, an easy smile on her face. "Just a broken leg," Around her was a good portion of the team after the disaster that was the first game against the Warriors it was a way to get some distance away from that. In the crush of bodies Jax found himself next to Mara. Nearly shoulder to shoulder with the starting catcher. She gave him a crooked smile, slightly warming his heart a little. Besides the injury to Nikole, she came down hard trying to catch Crash's homerun, the rest of the game was a disaster.

10 to 2 was the final score, not a good result. The second game went much better an equally lopsided result this time in the Yankee's favor. Jax hoped this would carry over to the next and it did partially but, the Yankees didn't find the runs to make it back and win the game. Another 1-2 series, again not a good way to start a season, this ate at Jax at the end of the last game. He'd only played in one game so far and lost that game. He knew that it wasn't just him, he couldn't carry the team. Chalk it up to his youthful ego that wants to be the best. But, once the game was over, he let out a breath letting it go, as much as he could.

His father had always told him that losses happen, that they were unavoidable. The young man had experienced losses before but, it was different this time, this was the majors. This was where the best play and Jax joined to test his skill and in his only outing he walked four batters, something that appalled him. He took practice seriously never missed a day, never slacked off. The others on the team noticed with raised eyebrows. On the outside he still had an easy air about him, inside he was pushing himself to be better. It was the first time in a while that things didn't come easy to him. It was refreshing, liberating.

In had been a while since he really had to try, to put his effort into something he wanted. The last time was getting his school team to the planetary championships. He practiced until the maintenance group turned out the lights on him. He was the first on the field afterschool and the last to leave, he thought that if he was better the team would get better around him. It was a simplistic attitude but, it was all he could come up with at the time. It seemed to work, his team did make it to the finals that year.

If it would work at this level was unknown but, he wouldn't know if he didn't try. However he still couldn't recreated the feeling he had on the mound the first game he took it. That nearly overwhelming nervousness, the butterflies that just wouldn't calm. Practice held none of that, it was just easy, just pitch the same pitches he'd been throwing since he was a kid. None of the pressure from the game carried over, no matter how much he tried to put himself there, he just couldn't. He couldn't find a way to make himself feel that way again.

Yankee Stadium, Courscant

"Hey," Mara called out from behind him as they were leaving another practice, well after the others had left. Mara was the only one that stayed behind when Jax wanted to keep going. "You want to get something to eat?"

"Naw," Jax replied, "I'll just get something on my way home."

"Come on, I'm hungry too, I know a great place not too far from here."

"The places you guys like to go, are not really my sort of thing." The few times he'd gone with the team, they'd always ended up going to some club, or restaurant serving some cuisine of a people Jax and never heard of let alone had their food. If he was honest it was that appetizing to him either.

"This place isn't like that, you'll like it." She put an arm around his shoulders. "You wouldn't want me to eat alone now would you?" Jax soured his face, he wasn't sure why she was being so insistent but, she hit upon his weakness. His father had taught him to hold the door for women, to always show deference to women. Letting a woman eat alone would definitely be against the code of honor his father taught him.

"Alright, Alright, I'll come." Jax relented, giving into her vice like grip on his neck. She drug him to a place, a diner just steps from the stadium. His first thought was why didn't the team always come to this place. They served basic fare, nerf burgers, fried tubers, and something he'd been missing, blue milkshakes. He ordered one burger, an order of fries, and of course a blue milkshake. He happily sucked it down while taking long glances at Mara.

She gave him a smirk, and he felt something in his stomach. Butterflies, a nervous energy in his core that just wouldn't let him be. He took another long sip of his icy treat. Too long by his bodies estimate. The center of his forehead began to hurt, this pain increased, and built until he pulled away screwing his eyes shut.

"Gahhhh…"

"Brain freeze huh." She patted him on the back and the nervousness returned.

"Yeah…Yeah, I drank it too fast." He pinched the bridge of his nose trying to banish the pain. Part of him wanted the pain to remain, to take his mind off the feelings in his stomach. Something about her made him nervous. The way she looks at him, the kindness she showed to him, it all was very nice, and helped fill a void that had been inside him. Talking with his folks, and with Soria kept it at bay but, having her to support him filled the emptiness.

They talked, just a little light conversation, he talked about his family.

"You got a girlfriend?" Mara asked. Jax nearly choked on what remained of his shake.

"Yeah, yeah I got a girl. Sorie, Soria."

"So you're taken."

"Yeah…Yeah.

"Where's she?"

"Back home, finishing her degree at Tanaab A&M."

"What she studying?"

"Agriculture, she's looking to take over her family's farm, maybe help out a few of the others."

"Must make it hard being this far away."

"Uhhh…" he stammered a little, beginning to feel…guilt, "Yeah, yeah it's a little difficult. The distance and the time difference make things hard on us."

"Well, if you need to talk, I'll listen."

Another pang in his chest, another flutter, he shouldn't be here with her but, she just made it easy. He stuffed his face with a few more fries and fished up.

After he finished he went to pay but, Mara intercepted him.

"I've got this one Farmboy."

"Naw, I can't let you pay my way. I've got the money."

"Money you're sending back to your family. Let me get this one."

"You know I can't let you…" he stepped in front of her but she elbowed his bony, gangly frame out of the way.

"I'm paying for him." She told the crasher sliding a credit chip across the counter.

"Fine, have it your way. But, I'm paying the next time."

"Careful Farmboy, we might start a rumor, besides thought you had a girl." She walked away with that mischievous smirk on her face. His heart nearly stopped.

This woman, could be the end of him.

TAG: Bardan_Jusik
    Stating Lineup:
    1-1B Zelenogo “Zel” Noyarsk
    2- C Mara Piazzi
    3- 3B Pinchas Krendo
    4- CF Onythe “the Hammer” Hammyn
    5- 2B Phyllon Haight
    6- SS Orache Czinkota
    7- RF Eupar Trida
    8- LF Runemo Candau
    9- P Sitoch Talis

Darth_Elu and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  7. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    IC: Gryffyn Karr
    Karr Pharmaceutical Field

"I understand," Gryffyn said into his comm. unit as the game against the Alpheridies Seekers was about to begin. "It's a shame the protection is so thorough. Try another method. Get in closer and for the love of Maker try not to do anything stupid."

Gryffyn sighed as he killed the transmission. So far, today had not gone as he'd planned. He still had weeks to go before the gala on Druckenwell. He knew it was only a matter of time before the target discovered his intentions. By then, however, he'd hoped it wouldn't matter. His little problem had suddenly gotten much bigger.

Druckenwell was changing. The post war boom that had begun on Roon was finally reaching its one time adversary. Karr Pharma stood a lot to gain from having a successfull MLL program. He knew his father would step down from the board soon. He wanted so desperately to be named the successor. He had a unique vision for Karr Pharma. One that could take it to new heights.

Pitching Rotation:
    1) Emil Zalo
    2) Bella DuForrest
    3) Trae Volar
    4) Danny Keyes
    5) Vincent Cutter Jr.

Starting Lineup Games All Games:
    First Base: J.V Frost
    Catcher: Mikhail Pizarro
    Second Base: Krag Bygo
    Left Field: Jerome Battiste
    Third Base: Jamie Soldaar
    Shortstop: Allyson Lechard
    Center Field: Gwendolyn K'frey
    Right Field: Venus Argyle
    Pitcher

Darth_Elu likes this.
  8. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    IC: Leif Cliinton

GAME ONE vs Onderon

Leif returned home from work to find Erica running on a treadmill. On rainy or cold days it wasn’t an unusual spot to find his wife. Today it was gorgeous out, “Why not run outside?” He asked as he put down his lunch box and data pad.

“Game’s on,” Erica answered as if Leif was supposed to remember these things. Sure enough the Renegades were playing yet another Lightball game.

“That’s what?” Leif asked. “The 4th game this week?”

“Well yea,” Erica hit a button to make her treadmill go faster. A sign to Leif that she wanted to concentrate. On her workout or the ball game? Leif didn’t know. He hated to be outdone, so Leif unfolded his own treadmill and walked beside his wife. After a few innings and the game still tied at one a piece Erica stopped her treadmill and collapsed into the sofa.

“So you want me to make dinner now?” Leif asked as he slowed down his own machine.

“Um, yea.” Erica replied mock rudely.

Leif threw together a salad and warmed some bread with butter. “So how come they play every day?” Leif asked. “Don’t they need time off? That other sport, don’t they only play once a week?”

“Limmie is violent, takes a toll on the body,” Erica explained. “Lightball is less strenuous.” The next thing Leif heard was his wife panicked scream. “Lissa.”

“What happened?” Leif asked rushing back into the living room with a full glass of water.

“Lissa Forressen,” Erica said pointing at the screen. “She just tweaked an ankle and went down. Missed an opportunity to make a catch and now the Drexels are up by two runs.”

Leif watches as a trainer helped Lissa off the field. “What’s that you were saying about Lightball being less strenuous?” Erica grabbed Leif’s water and threw it on his shirt. “Sorry I asked,” Leif went upstairs to change his shirt. He almost didn’t come back downstairs. It was getting late and he wanted nothing more to go to bed. His love for Erica was too great to allow him to go to sleep without making sure she wasn’t angry.

Leif quietly walked downstairs in a clean t-shirt and boxers. “Sorry,” he apologized as he took a seat next to Erica.

“I overreacted,” Erica admitted. “I just hate seeing someone get hurt. Little things set me off when I’m watching Lightball. Be careful.” Erica advised.

Leif smiled. He snuggled against his wife and the next thing he knew it was 4 AM. He had fallen asleep and Erica must have gone to bed without him. He grabbed his data pad, looked up the final score and tried to get one more hour of sleep.

GAME Two vs Onderon

Leif walked in late and overtired. Still in his tie he collapsed onto the sofa. “Who’s winning?” He asked.

“You’ll never guess.”

“The score is on the screen,” Leif said unenthused. “I am happy to see Ralltiir is ahead.”

“I just hope it lasts,” Erica started. “YES!” She screamed standing up and leaping in the living room as Puljos hit a home run. Leif smiled as he watched her breasts bounce. Later in the inning Blehu hit a home run. Leif was disappointed that his wife didn’t jump up and down. She was blissfully happy though Ralltiir had scored 5 runs in the 4th inning.

Their large lead began to evaporate. The other Forressen sister got injured. By the end of the 6th inning it was all tied up. The Renegades scored the winning run in the eighth inning. Leif was sure to stay awake to the end of the game. He was rewarded for his efforts. Happy wife happy life.

GAME Three vs Onderon

It was Sunday afternoon. Leif was in the front yard planting tulips. “Come in. The games about to start.” Erica hollered from the door way.

“I’ll be in when I finish,” Leif promised.

“Hurry up!” Erica pleaded.

When Leif came into the house he was dripping with sweat. “Gardening is hard work,” he proclaimed. “I’m gonna change my shirt.”

“Put a tie on,” Erica instructed.

“A tie?”

“Renegades won the other night and you were wearing a tie,” she reminded him.

“You take this too far,” Leif complained.

Nonetheless he came down wearing a tie.

“You missed the best play of the season so far. Krrucceeepumpiaavv stole a base. There is nothing funnier in Lighball than seeing a big ol’ Wookiee sprint and dive.”

“Say his name again.”

“Krr- u – see – pump – iav,” Erica drew it out.

“It takes up his entire jersey!” Leif pointed out.

[​IMG]

“He’s a damned good third baseman,” Erica said with a shrug. “Jul had a better showing today too,” she put in.

“I’m glad, I know how much you like her,” Leif replied.

“Like her, she’s my idol. She’s everything! I’m so jealous. I wish I could pitch like her.”

“Don’t you play third base?”

“Well, yea but if I could pitch like Jul I wouldn’t have to play third base.”

Leif watched in despair as the Drexels scored two runs in the bottom of the 9th inning. “Don’t lose this now,” he muttered.

“You’re really getting into this!” Erica exclaimed. “You’re cute when you’re nervous.”

“2 outs,” Leif said rubbing his hands together.

Erica reached out and clasped her hands with his. Together they concentrated all their hope that one more out would be made before Onderon scored again. “YES!” The couple exclaimed as the final batter struck out.

Line Up:
    Riley Stunn FB
    Rart Nagric CF
    Buxton Smalles SB
    Blehu RF
    Russ Solasar LF
    Sam Puljos C
    Chirterr Dimas SS
    Pitcher
    Krrucceeepumpiaavv TB

Tag @ none

Darth_Elu likes this.
  9. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    OOC: Really squeezing in at the final moments.

Raimae Riverwisp IC:
    ~Aurilia, Dathomir~

She hadn't caught the first game of Dathomir's series against the Naboo Royals due to a hectic schedule and it had frustrated Raimae to no end. In the end, she had to end up just reading about it. A close game with a near Rancor Comeback that fell short at the end, the game going to the Royals 6-5.

The second game she also wasn't able to watch, but due to different reasons. Very different reasons. She had been listening through audio to the game as she came home from work, the sixth inning had just come to an end and so there was a pause in the game. The Rancors were leading 8-6 at that point in time. And as soon as she walked through the door, she noticed something was off immediately.

Call it The Force, Guidance of the Spirits, or just pure instinct. Whatever tickled your fancy, but she knew something was not right. She'd ignore the rest of the eventual Dathomir 13-6 victory the rest of the evening as she took a trip around her place to discover it had been broken into from one of the windows. The place wasn't trashed per se, but her small home was definitely rifled through.

Who could have do this? Why?

Law Enforcement didn't have much answers either, though they promised to look into it. Needless to say, she stayed with a friend of hers named Sayella. A fellow clan mate. There was no way she felt comfortable at home that night.

The foreboding questions continued throughout the next day too which she had off, but continued to stay with Sayella for a little longer. She did her best to distract herself by watching the Lightball game as soon as it came on, but still they nagged at her.

During the seventh Inning, with which she was suitably annoyed at the Rancors' lack of offense to back up Xizer sha Qareen's great pitching performance, she came to a sudden realization that made her more confused and even more anxious for some reason.

Her place had been broken into and messed with. No one had been seen or so far caught. But the strangest thing of all?

Nothing had been taken. Not a single thing.

For some reason, that fact coupled with the image of her beloved defel second baseman Manaar Xa (one of their best players!) getting struck in the face by a pitch and his subsequent being carried off the field on a hover gurney, made her suddenly sick to her stomach. She was glad to see the defel raise his hand defiantly in the air for his fans at the least.

She could only hope that was a superstitiously good sign for her as well because whatever she was sensing happening in her life right then, it wasn't good.

The Royals won again that night too. 3-2.

Raimae went to bed early, hiding irrationally under the covers with Sayella watching concerned.

Little did they know that events had only just begun.

Tag: No One

10. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    IC: Mac Fleeger
    Thyferra Municipal Stadium

The crowd was unhappy with Mac’s latest outing. The Bakura Nobles had punched in two runs to take the lead in the eighth, and another hit allowed a third run to score. The second-round pick was struggling to get things done. He finally was able to induce a ground ball to Er’sala at second to get out of the inning, but the damage had been done. When Mac got back to the dugout, he sat by himself, steaming at his failure to keep the lead safe. He would never be trusted to hold the closer’s role if he couldn’t even protect a lead in the set-up role.

The game had started fine enough, but the relief pitchers had given the game away as the Nobles chipped away at the lead and eventually surpassed the Tornadoes’ score. When the Nobles closed out the game, Mac knew that he had been pinned with the ‘L, something he never wanted to see next to his name. His ERA would be astronomical, and it led him to wonder if he would be sent down to Fresia in the next week as punishment for his poor play.

The demotion didn’t come, but the second game of the series was exactly the same. The Nobles jumped all over Bronson Arriya and tagged him for six runs in the first inning. The pitcher only lasted two innings before Jok Cal’ver came to remove him from the game. Igarn pitched four good innings out of the bullpen, but the damage had been done already. The Tornadoes made it interesting in the later innings as they scored eight runs, but it wasn’t enough to overcome the early hole. The Chiss pitcher ended up tagged with the Loss despite his efforts, and the bullpen had lost two consecutive games. That was not something the front office wanted to see.

By the third game, the team was obviously ready to play and make up for the two prior losses. They jumped on the Nobles’ ace starter early and didn’t stop pummeling the opposing pitchers. Itchero Sasuki slammed two homers and stole a base, while Cameron Hapbrook hit a pair of dingers as well. Even Rana Pless, the pitcher who earned her second win of the season with a Quality Start, took the Nobles deep on a slammed shot out to right field that cleared the fences with ease. The Thyferra bullpen erupted in cheers as their fellow pitcher trotted around the bases, and even Mac had to admit that it was pretty cool to see a pitcher, often taken for granted in the batter’s box, hit a home run. The Tornadoes took the game easily by a score of 16-4, salvaging one game of the series to remain above .500 on the season. Hapbrook was injured late in the game trying to field a ball, and had to be helped to the bench.

The next week brought with it a trip to Dathomir to face the Rancors. It would be the first road test for Mac as he struggled in the earlygoing of the season. He knew he had to improve, but was unsure how to do so. For the first time in his life, he didn’t have the blazing fastball to cut down hitters. Like Bria Clemmins had said, opposing batters were teeing off on him. He had to cut down on the hits yielded, because otherwise his dreams would be derailed quickly.

He could not allow that to happen.

Games 1-3

1. Itchero Sasuki - RF
    2. Ganner Er'sala - SS
    3. Vannet Calder - LF
    4. Kollette Finnergan - 3B
    5. Chon Gallus - 1B
    6. Valla Prin - CF
    7. Sachi Rohit - C
    8. Seewa Malsee - SS
    9. Pitcher

Trieste and Darth_Elu like this.
  11. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    OOC: Bardan, your pitcher Bart Roberts' spot in the pitching rotation is coming up in the next series, but he should still be injured this go through. So you will need to either risk using a reliever to start, trade someone for a new starter (npc team or otherwise), or call someone up from the Minors (simply create a player and PM me with their name. I'll let you know how we'll decide their Player Rating in the conversation) :)

Bonus Runs for Mandalore, Coruscant, Druckenwell, Ralltiir, Dathomir, & Thyferra!

Major League Lightball

287 Game 7 Results

Rydonni Prime: 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 ~ 1, 4, 2
    Jakku: 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 2 | 2 | 5 | x ~ 11, 16, 0

Knights - Tess Crystlos gets 1 SB.

Fernis Dezavan throws 7 IP with 3 Walks and 5 Ks.
    Lisa Glassigle throws 1 IP with 1 Walk.

Bastion @ Anaxes: 4-6

Alpheridies: 0 | 1 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 2 | 0 ~ 5, 12, 1
    Druckenwell: 1 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 1 | 6 | 0 | x ~ 10, 12, 1

Bulwarks - Bella DuForresst throws 7 IP with 8 Ks.
    Mara Laago throws 1 IP with 2 Ks.
    Randy Jackson throws 1 IP with 1 Walk.

Csilla @ Kashyyyk: 0-8

Mandalore: 0 | 1 | 1 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 0 | 1 | 2 ~ 14, 15, 1
    Krayt: 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 ~ 2, 8, 0

Warriors - Villie Mays'hays hits 1 HR. Margo hits 1 HR. Crash Daviss hits 1 HR.

Hersh'iser throws for 8 IP with 2 Walks and 4 Ks.
    Druw Miller throws for 1 IP with 1 K.

Hunter Killers - Korvik Vorkohk hits 1 HR.

Varkee Horvoss throws for 4 IP with 4 Walks and 5 Ks.
    Vorsoni throws for 1 IP.
    Gorsoni throws for 1 IP.
    Horsoni throws for 1.2 IP with 2 Ks.
    Grakii throws for 1.1 IP with 2 Walks and 1 K.

Injury Report - SS Maverick Vossk receives a Minor Injury.

Bakura @ Taanab: 3-4

Thyferra: 2 | 0 | 3 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 4 | 0 ~ 12, 16, 0
    Ralltiir: 2 | 1 | 1 | 2 | 0 | 3 | 1 | 0 | 0 ~ 10, 13, 0

Tornadoes - Vannet Calder hits 1 HR. Valla Prin hits 1 HR. Kollette Finnergan gets 1 SB.

Leger Sintale throws 3.2 IP with 1 Walk and 4 Ks.
    Chi'gara'ness throws 1.2 IP with 2 Walks.
    Rokee Wel throws 1.2 IP.
    Mackanak Fleeger throws 1.1 IP with 1 Walk and 3 Ks.
    Milhollin throws 0.2 IP.

Renegades - Buxton Smalles hits 1 HR. Blehu hits 1 HR. Riley Stunn gets 2 SBs. Russ Solasar gets 1 SB.

Jorge Finn throws 3.2 IP with 1 Walk and 3 Ks.
    Jasmiine Rustle throws 2.1 IP.
    Iuyuk'hohe throws 1 IP.
    Everette Howe throws 1 IP with 1 K.
    Lerhea Brukbemgiac throws 1 IP with 1 K.

Dathomir: 0 | 3 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 1 | 0 ~ 5, 7, 0
    Byss: 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 0 | 0 | 1 ~ 3, 7, 1

Rancors - Fimmara Nezal throws 8 IP with 8 Ks.
    Munsul'val Chuzai throws 1 IP.

Onderon @ Naboo: 2-9

Coruscant: 1 | 1 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 3 | 0 ~ 7, 9, 2
    Takodana: 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 4 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 ~ 6, 8, 1

Yankees - Runemo Candau hits 1 HR.

Yin Hao throws 6 IP with 2 Walks and 3 Ks.
    Micion Boeotia throws 1.2 IP with 2 Walks.
    Sayören Besni throws 0.1 IP with 1 K.

Injury Report - 1B Zelenogo Noyarsk receives a Critical Injury.

287 Game 8 Results

Rydonni Prime: 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 2 | 2 | 0 | 0 ~ 6, 12, 1
    Jakku: 0 | 0 | 0 | 6 | 0 | 2 | 0 | 1 | x ~ 9, 11, 1

Knights - Jess Mendavall hits 1 HR. Lon Timal gets 1 SB. Cami Alohe gets 1 SB.

Lorianne Ramirett throws 3.1 IP with 4 Walks and 2 Ks.
    Loren Nezleah throws 2 IP with 2 Walks.
    Kaleb Odow throws 1.2 IP with 1 Walk.
    Lisa Glassigle throws 1 IP with 2 Walks.

Injury Report ~ P Lorianne Ramirett receives a Moderate Injury.

Bastion @ Anaxes: 2-3

Alpheridies: 1 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 6 | 0 ~ 8, 11, 0
    Druckenwell: 0 | 0 | 4 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 0 ~ 7, 16, 0

Bulwarks - Gwendolyn K'frey hits 1 HR. J.V. Frost gets 1 SB.

Trae Volar throws 7.1 IP with 3 Walks and 8 Ks.
    Mara Laago throws 0.2 IP with 1 Walk and a Botched Save.
    Randy Jackson throws 1 IP with 1 K.

Csilla @ Kashyyyk: 3-10

Mandalore: 0 | 0 | 3 | 1 | 5 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 ~ 9, 16, 0
    Krayt: 2 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 ~ 2, 11, 1

Warriors - Kenneth Luftwaffe hits 1 HR. Villie Mays'hays hits 1 HR.

Cal LaLoosh throws 5.2 IP with 3 Walks and 4 Ks.
    Tikk throws 1.1 IP with 2 Ks.
    Tokk throws 1.2 IP with 1 K.
    Shur'show'she throws 0.1 IP.

Injury Report - SS Traco'mar'leez receives a Moderate Injury.

Hunter Killers - Solvation throws 4.2 IP with 2 Walks and 4 Ks.
    Vorsoni throws 1.1 IP with 1 K.
    Gorsoni throws 3 IP with 4 Ks.

Injury Report - 3B KillKam Korviis receives a Minor Injury.

Bakura @ Taanab: 8-4

Thyferra: 0 | 2 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 ~ 3, 8, 0
    Ralltiir: 3 | 2 | 1 | 3 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 2 | x ~ 12, 14, 1

Tornadoes - Itchero Sasuki gets 1 SB. Valla Prin gets 1 SB.

Lyann Sengian throws 3 IP with 1 Walk and 2 Ks.
    Chi'gara'ness throws 1 IP with 2 Walks.
    Rokee Wel throws 1 IP with 1 Walk.
    Mackanak Fleeger throws 1 IP with 2 Ks.
    Milhollin throws 2 IP with 1 Walk.

Renegades - Russ Solasar hits 1 HR. Krrucceeepumpiaavv hits 1 HR. Rart Nagric gets 1 SB. Blehu gets 1 SB.

Bom'cages throws 5 IP with 2 Walks and 3 Ks.
    Iuyuk'hohe throws 3.1 IP with 2 Ks.
    Lerhea Brukbemgiac throws 0.2 IP.

Dathomir: 2 | 0 | 1 | 1 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 0 ~ 7, 14, 1
    Byss: 2 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 0 | 0 ~ 4, 9, 2

Rancors - Guffmak hits 2 HRs. Gava Aroiros gets 1 SB.

Tena Noctur throws 6 IP with 2 Walks and 3 Ks.
    Omor Oigres throws 1 IP with 1 Walk and 1 K.
    Narit Shoal throws 1 IP.
    Munsul'val Chuzai throws 1 IP with 1 K.

Onderon @ Naboo: 6-5

Coruscant: 0 | 0 | 3 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 1 ~ 5, 4, 2
    Takodana: 0 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 2 | 2 | 0 | 0 | x ~ 6, 8, 1

Yankees - Jax Matha throws 8 IP with 5 Ks.

287 Game 9 Results

Rydonni Prime: 0 | 1 | 1 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 ~ 3, 7, 1
    Jakku: 0 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 0 | 4 | 1 | 0 | x ~ 7, 9, 0

Knights - Jess Mendavall hits 1 HR. Nia Sparrow gets 1 SB.

Nia Sparrow throws 5.2 IP with 2 Walks and 2 Ks.
    Lisa Glassigle throws 1.1 IP with 1 Walk and 1 K.
    Loren Nezleah throws 1 IP with 1 Walk.

Bastion @ Anaxes: 3-8

Alpheridies: 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 ~ 1, 9, 1
    Druckenwell: 1 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 1 | x ~ 4, 9, 0

Bulwarks - Gwendolyn K'frey hits 1 HR.

Danny Keyes throws 6.2 IP with 2 Walks and 5 Ks.
    Mara Laago throws 1.1 IP with 1 Walk and 2 Ks.
    Vincent Cutter Jr. throws 1 IP with 2 Ks.

Csilla @ Kashyyyk: 5-6

Mandalore: 1 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 5 ~ 9, 12, 0
    Krayt: 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 0 | 2 | 0 ~ 4, 10, 1

Warriors - Kenneth Luftwaffe gets 1 SB.

Finn Mancuso throws 5.2 IP with 1 Walk and 3 Ks.
    Tikk throws 1.1 IP with 1 Walk and 2 Ks.
    Tokk throws 1 IP with 1 Walk and 1 K.
    Druw Miller throws 1 IP with 1 Walk and 1 K.

Injury Report - P Finn Mancuso receives a Minor Injury. (Will be fine by next game in rotation)

Hunter Killers - Fallvok gets 1 SB.

Hell Hound throws 6 IP with 5 Ks.
    Vorsoni throws 1 IP with 1 Walk and 1 K.
    Gorsoni throws 1 IP with 1 K.
    Grakii throws 1 IP with 1 Walk and 1 K.

Bakura @ Taanab: 4-3

Thyferra: 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 2 | 3 | 0 | 1 | 3 ~ 10, 10, 0
    Ralltiir: 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 3 ~ 6, 8, 0

Tornadoes - Vannet Calder hits 1 HR.

Wava Rhelt throws 7.2 IP with 3 Walks and 2 Ks.
    Mackanak Fleeger throws 1 IP with 1 Walk and 1 K.
    Milhollin throws 0.1 IP with 1 Walk.

Injury Report - CF Valla Prin receives Major Injury.

Renegades - Waavvesh throws 8.1 IP with 2 Walks and 5 Ks.
    Iuyuk'hohe throws 0.2 IP with 1 K.

Dathomir: 2 | 2 | 1 | 4 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 0 | 1 ~ 12, 14, 1
    Byss: 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 4 | 1 | 0 | 1 ~ 6, 8, 1

Rancors - Kotra Larack hits 2 HRs.

Atric Weson throws 5.1 IP with 7 Walks and 2 Ks.
    Omor Oigres throws 1.2 IP.
    Narit Shoal throws 1 IP.
    Way Gamo throws 1 IP with 2 Ks.

Injury Report - 3B Guffmak receives a Minor Injury.

Onderon @ Naboo: 1-6

Coruscant: 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 1 | 1 | 0 | 2 | 0 ~ 5, 12, 2
    Takodana: 5 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | x ~ 7, 9, 0

Yankees - Runemo Candau hits 2 HRs.

Sitoch Talis throws 4 IP with 3 Walks and 2 Ks.
    Micion Boeotia throws 3 IP with 1 K.
    Sayören Besni throws 1 IP with 1 K.

Coming Up

Alpheridies Seekers @ Onderon Drexls
    Bastion Ren Knights @ Takodana Tigers
    Rydonni Prime Knights @ Anaxes Royal Guards
    Byss Emperors @ Naboo Royals
    Taanab Staga @ Bakura Nobles
    Druckenwell Bulwarks @ Thyferra Tornadoes
    Mandalore Warriors @ Jakku Scavengers
    Csilla Clawcraft @ Coruscant Yankees
    Ralltiir Renegades @ Dathomir Rancors
    Kashyyyk Rage @ Krayt Hunter Killers

Tag: Bardan_Jusik galactic-vagabond422 Vehn Runjedirun Darth_Elu CPL_Macja Master Vo'Un'Var

Vehn likes this.
  12. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

"LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! From downtown Keldabe, on a sunny and warm Taungsday afternooooon. Welcome on into the Rancor Pitt, here on your wave home of the defending Galactic Cup Champion Mando'ade Mercs. I'm Randy the Rancor, he's Justin Pitt. Liz Baker on the boards, with Kitterich on the other side of the glass and oh boy... do we have a lot to talk about today."

"Words can't even explain how I feel right now.."

"Same here, and that's just about events after the game ended."

"Man...scary times."

Three hours and five minutes later

"...and in other news, the Mandalorian Warriors have announced they are calling up fireballer Sy Young up from the minor league..."

"Wait, lightball has minor leagues?"

"...Concord Dawn..."

"Yeah of course they do."

"...World Breakers...."

"What, so they're like the LFL or PLL for lightball?"

"...to take the spot of injured Bart Roberts..."

"Yeah, kind of like that."

"...who was injured in his last start..."

"And Mandalore has a team?"

"...but should miss just this one start..."

"Yeah the World Breakers out on Concord Dawn."

"...no word yet on if he will go on a rehab assignment or just slide back into the rotation..."

"World Breakers?"

"...when he comes off the disabled list... "

"Yeah, all the Minor league teams have goofy names like that."

"...which might give Mr. Young another start at the major league level."

"They do?"

"Sure, Rubber Ducks, Iron Pigs, Yard Goats, Mud He..."

"OK, OK. I get it. Weird, but I get it."

"All a part of the fun Justin."

"And Mandalorians out on Concord Dawn actually go to those games?"

"Well..."

"Yeah you think the Warriors have attendance issues, the World Breakers share a field with the local college, and its not even a dedicated lightball field."

"I don't know how this sport has survived..."

"You want to hear something even stranger with regards to lightball on Mandalore?"

"Sure."

"The lightball Warriors swept a series last week against the Krayt HunterKillers..."

"And I thought it was just the minor league team names that were bad..."

"...and now sit at seven and two overall and are in first place in their division."

"Wow, and we're just now hearing about it?"

"I was going to mention it later on in my five by five update here, but you two seem to have hijacked it..."

"Yeah, but you mentioned it now anyway."

A loud sigh could be heard over the wave. "I'm Ken Kitterich and this has been your five by five sports update. I'll be back with you next hour at five after the hour but until then more of the Rancor Pitt, right here on the Fandalorian..."

"World Breakers...really?"

TAG: Master Vo'Un'Var

OOC: Minor league team names listed are those of actual Minor League teams affiliated with various teams around the Major Leagues. No connection to any Lightball team(s) is implied by my post. :p

Week 4/Series 4 Lineups

1. Kenneth Luftwaffe CF
    2. Margo LF
    3. Ceedaak 1B
    4. Kragen 3B
    5. Crash' Daviss C
    6. Saanvi Pihu 2B
    7. Villie Mays'hays RF
    8. Diane Kuiper SS
    9. Pitcher
    TAG: @Darth-Elu

13. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Ralltiir

Mac spun the laces of the ball while he looked in to get the signs from Sachi Rohet, the Klatoonian catcher. Thyferra had sprung into the lead in the eighth inning with four runs to now lead 12-10 in a high-scoring affair, and he was in to try and shut out the Ralltiir Renegades. Rohet put down one finger, and Mac knew what the pitch would be. Fastball all the way. He got into his stance and quickly fired to home. The ball smacked into Rohet’s glove at high speed, likely tickling the radar gun in the process. Strike one.

Another one came down, and that led to a fastball up high. The batter swing and missed at the missile, and it was down to two strikes. Rohet put out three fingers for a breaking ball. Mac shook the sign off, so Rohet went to the Changeup. Mac nodded and got into his stance. He reared back and threw the ball, and it fluttered towards the plate. The batter, expecting the fastball, swung too early and missed, leading to an easy strikeout for the Zeltron pitcher.

Two strikeouts later, Mac was relieved in the ninth after giving up a walk to second batter of the ninth. Milhollin was going to come in to close out the game, the Gran fired up and ready to go. When Mac got back to the dugout, Bria Clemmins had a few words for him. “Good outing, rook. You looked tired at the end, so Jok wanted to make sure we finished it out. But we need more outings like that from you.”

“Hey, you looked good out there,” Sara Reding, the backup outfielder, commented as Mac sat on the bench next to her. “That fastball of yours is amazing. Where’d you learn to throw that?”

“I worked at it,” Mac said, wiping his face with a towel. “Speed is easy.”

“If it was that easy, I would have been a pitcher.”

“Repetition and velocity.”

Milhollin shut the last two Renegade hitters out to earn the save, his second of the season. Rokee Wel had earned the win in relief of Leger Sintale, the rookie Chagrian who had run into trouble early in his second career start.

The second game was brutal for the Tornadoes, because Lyann Sengian was jumped early by the Renegades and the home team never looked back. When Mac came on, the game was far out of reach, so the goal was to make sure that he did his job. A high heater struck out the first batter he faced after a six-pitch battle, then he induced a ground ball to Er’sala at second that was an easy play for the Bothan to make. The next batter hit a double off the wall in left, which put a runner in scoring position. That made Mac look away from his fastball and go with the breaking pitch. That pitch kept the fourth batter on their toes, and it allowed Mac to blaze a fastball past them for strike three to finish off the inning without yielding a run. Overall, it was a successful outing for the young rookie.

The third game of the series would be the rubber match between the two teams. A win here would give the Tornadoes their third series win of the season in as many tries, so everyone wanted to get the victory. Wava Rhelt, the #4 starter, came out firing in her second start of the season. She mowed back Renegade hitters right and left as she lasted into the eighth. Mac eventually replaced her, Coach Cal’ver obviously intent on seeing how his young reliever would do pitching every day. Mac struggled in his outing, the fatigue mounting from the past two games. The Renegades scored several runs off him before MIlhollin came into the game to finish things off. Clemmins had some things to say in the dugout.

“You still have a way to go, rook. You’re still too much in love with your fastball. But there’s plenty of time to work on that. If you’d let me teach you how to throw that curveball at this level, I think you’ll make the next step easily.”

Mac sighed. He didn’t want to do this, but he had to. There was no other option. “Fine,” he said.

“We’ll work on it over the week,” Clemmins replied as Milhollin finished off the game for the Thyferra win. “For the time being, get some rest. You’ll need it at this level.”

Game 1

1. Itchero Sasuki - RF
    2. Ganner Er'sala - SS
    3. Vannet Calder - LF
    5. Chon Gallus - 1B
    6. Sachi Rohet - C
    7. Sara Reding - CF
    8. Seewa Malsee - SS
    9. Pitcher​
    Game 2:​
    1. Itchero Sasuki - RF
    2. Ganner Er'sala - SS
    3. Vannet Calder - LF
    5. Sachi Rohet - C
    6. Lawit Reggal - 1B
    7. Vander Denson - CF
    8. Seewa Malsee - SS
    9. Pitcher​
    Game 3:​
    1. Itchero Sasuki - RF
    2. Ganner Er'sala - SS
    3. Vannet Calder - LF
    5. Chon Gallus - 1B
    6. Vander Denson - CF
    7. Sachi Rohit - C
    8. Seewa Malsee - SS
    9. Pitcher​

Darth_Elu and Runjedirun like this.
  14. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    Takodana

Another game another injury it seemed this time it was Zel, Zelenogo Noyarsk. She tried to come sliding into third base, cracking her head and arm. The trainer said it was just a freak accident but, now they were down two starters. It was another visit to a hospital with most of the team in tow. Again in the crush Jax ended up near Mara his shoulder pressing into hers. He looked to her then back to the injured Lafrarian. Zel was putting up a strong front, trying not to show just how much she was hurt. A broken arm and a cracked skull was a lot to cover with just a brave face.

His heart was pounding in his chest as she stood near Mara, shoulder to shoulder. Almost immediately his hands started sweating. She made him nervous, made him feel light headed. It was almost like being with Soria again. He shook his head, no, no, she'd just being a friend, just being nice for the sake of it. However he couldn't help his feelings, he couldn't help how his heart reacted to her presence. He gave a shaky smile to the catcher at his side then looked back to woman lying in the hospital bed. He would need to think about this.

Jax didn't really have time to think too much about how the team was going to recover, or Mara for that matter. Being this close to her was dangerous. It wasn't like she was throwing herself at him. She wasn't trying to corrupt him, take him away from his girl back home. Mara was just being friendly, trying to make the homesickness Jax was feeling a little easier. It was just that his heart felt a little guilty spending time with her. She was nice, and caring, he was so far away from Sorie there was a space in his heart a space that Mara was threatening to fill.

He didn't have time because he had a game to pitch. It was his second game and after his performance in the last one he wanted to be better. He'd been practicing hard, and putting in long hours getting himself up to major league standards. Taking the mound in the second inning he felt the nervousness threatening to overcome him once again. Then he set his eyes on Mara and the tension released. Right now she wasn't woman with which he had a complicated relationship. She was his partner, his catcher. He let out a breath rolling his shoulders blocking out the noises around him.

She gave the signal, starting easy curveball. It came out of his hand plunging towards the plate, breaking late, taking the batter by surprise.

"Strike One." The Umpire called out,

Mara gave the next earning a little smirk from Jax, Slider. The ball flew faster than the last turning hard toward the batter they swung hitting close to the handle lacking all the power they tried to put into it. Jax moved like lightning moving forward to pick up the grounder that was making its way towards him. Scooping it up into his old battered glove, he turned and threw a laser to Oren Lungu filling in for Zel. It was the first out of the game.

Returning to his place he got another nod from Mara and he waited for her next signal. Mind focused for the long haul. He wasn't leaving this mound, this was his game. Another breath, another pitch, another strike, it was just like clockwork. For three innings he, with some help from the other fielders, kept the Tornados off the board. It wasn't perfect, there were a few close calls but, a double play in the third put the home team on the back foot real fast. Jax threw another three strikes putting the last batter away. The Yankees held a 3-0 lead.

That lead wasn't added to but, Jax was confident that he could keep the Tornados at bay. He and Mara settled into their routine, signal, pitch, strike, or out. They were like a machine for the first few throws, until the crack of a bat making contact put a hypro-spanner into the works. It flew far the fielders trying to get under it, Jax thought it would be an easy out. Until Candau dropped the ball letting the runner get to second before making the throw to the infield. Jax soured his face a little, he'd just have to do better with the next one.

And next one he did do better, putting them away in three pitches. The one after that, two strikes and another hit that was caught by the Hammer. Now all it took was one more out and this inning was over with. The machine worked perfectly for another two pitches. Then the batter made contact sending the ball flying into the outfield. Jax looked to see if the fielders would catch it but, none of them got there quick enough the runner got on base letting the one on second get to third and setting things up for the next one. All it took was one catch or one strike out and this would be over.

He did get that one catch, only after the two runners came in, cutting the lead his team had made. Jax felt annoyed at himself. If he could just have gotten that strike out those runs wouldn't have happened. He'd have to be better had to be better. He did not do better, the first pitch he threw made contact with the bat and ended with a runner on first. Screwing his eyes shut he pressed on doing everything he could to keep his team's lead. However he was still just one man, and the innings were beginning to get to him.

His arm was getting tired, beginning to feel like jelly. That wasn't good but, he had to keep going. Another two runs come in, putting his team behind by one now. This wasn't like his first game, he wasn't throwing balls what felt like left and right. He was on, keeping it in the strike zone, yet his team was behind. It was him, he was allowing too many hits, allowing the batters to hit the ball. He should not even letting them get even a wiff of it. With this new determination set. He took the mound for the 7th inning his team down by two.

For the next two innings he threw the game of his life, the hits that came where weak or easily caught. The 7th and 8th innings were over quickly. Jax was putting all his skill on display, a hard look in his eyes. However, the Yankees failed to score any runs so the score still stood at 6-4 his team trailing. He stood at the edge of the dugout just watching as everything rested on the offense, they had to make two runs to take this into extra innings. Mara was at his side, ice in her hand.

"It won't be your fault if we lose." She said, "You did you best, a damn fine job. But, you're still just one man. The game doesn't have to balance on your shoulders." She pressed the ice into his left shoulder where she knew he was feeling pain. Again the guilt enter him once again.

"Uhh…Mara," he started reaching for the ice pack, "I got it." as his hand gripped the pack his fingers brushed against hers, still warm despite the ice. He turned his face away slightly pretending to watch the outfield. "Thanks." He said.

In the end the offense only score one run, not enough. Jax let out a long breath. That was that, he was 0 and 2 when he took the mound. Was it him, was he the reason they lost that game?

As the went back to the hotel he called his folks. His mother ever the font of worry asked about his arm.

"Pitching eight innings is hard on a body. They should be more careful with you."

"I'm fine Maw, my arm is fine, I can take it."

"You don't need to play tough with me."

"I’m fine."

"Well alright."

"Son," his father broke in, "You did good, it was just your team that came up a little short. Don't blame yourself."

"I don't,"

"I saw you in the dugout, the look on your face. Your mother and I can read you, you know."

"I wasn't like that Paw, I just wanted a win."

"I also saw that girl on your arm."

"Paw…"

"Does Soria know?"

"Paw it's nothing, she's just my teammate, my catcher."

"She's oftely close for 'just a teammate.'"

"She just worries about me. It's nothing untoward."

"I'll ask again, does Sorie know. If you hurt her boy…"

"Paw will you calm down. It's nothing ok."

"It better be…I love boy."

"I love you too Paw, and you too Maw."

"I know." His mother called out.

He hung up letting out a long sigh. Well it was time to call Soria. He dialed the number and waited, and waited, and just when he thought she might not pick up…

"Hello," she answered

"Hey Sorie,"

"Jaxie," her tone was upbeat oddly so.

"I guess you saw the game?"

"Of course, I said I would be watching all your games. And I have a couple of notes."

"Really…" Jax tried to sound enthused but, it was really hard with the loss handing over his head.

"You're telling when you're throwing a slurve." She started, he tone somewhere between deadly serious and flirting.

"Uh huh,"

"You need more speed on your slider,"

"Uh huh,"

"Are you even listening?"

"Uh huh,"

"My family's selling the farm."

"Huh…"

"You aint listening." Her tone shifted on a credit, falling into annoyance, and a bit of anger.

"No Sorie I am I'm just a little tired, I pitched eight innings. It takes a lot out of me."

"You had time for her," Soria said quietly.

"What was that?"

"It's nothing, I should let you get some rest." He'd been her friend for a long time, he knew when she was angry and just shutting down the conversation before she got more so.

"Sorie I'm sorry, I'll call you in the morning ok." He said taking the easier route, letting her take her time to cool off.

"Fine do what you want."

The next morning he called but, she didn't answer.

"She must be working." He said to himself in his hotel room, "Yeah or studying." He was trying to reassure himself, trying to not think about how close he was to messing up one of the longest relationships he had in his life.

TAG: No one NPC team

Darth_Elu likes this.
  15. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012

GAME One vs Thyferra

Leif didn’t want to admit it, but he was excited about the game this evening. He woke up with a spring in his step and the last hour of work seemed like an eternity. Erica met Leif at a causal dining restaurant near the stadium where they both ordered salads and water. Their regular waitress teased them about ordering dessert. The healthy couple declined as usual. The arrived at the ballpark hand in hand. It was a good game for 7 innings.

Ralltiir and Thyferra swapped leads a few times, than Ralltiir took the lead. It was 10-5 when Blehu hit a home run that was coming right to their section. Leif leaped out of his seat and put up his hand. He couldn’t believe it, the ball was coming directly go him. Without a thought to how much it would hurt to catch a ball hit by a major league player he waited eagerly. Without warning his neighbor reached over and snatched the ball out of the air.

Leif sat down disappointed. “That’ was rude!” Erica said giving their neighbor an evil look.

“Ball came right to me,” the man said with a shrug.

“Bull shavit!” Erica said.

“Honey, it’s okay. It’s just a Lightball.” Leif said calmly.

Thankfully Erica sat down. She put her head on her husband’s shoulder. Leif felt the tension leave him. He always worried someday Erica would pick a fight with the wrong being. Thankfully that day wasn’t going to be today. The game got bitter after that when the Tornadoes came back and won. Leif left the game a little sad. Mostly though he was happy. He held Erica’s hand as they walked to public transport, cuddled her on the ride home and comforted her as she drifted off to sleep that night.

GAME Two vs Thyferra

Leif sat impatiently at a meeting. Discreetly he texted his wife to go into the stadium without him. He pitched his thoughts on the foundation of an old building that needed to be completely overhauled. He argued that if any corners were cut the building would be in danger. He argued that if the renovations were put off any longer the building would be unsafe for habitation. Leif stood up and pleaded one more time with the building owner to sign the documents so construction could begin immediately. “This isn’t a sales pitch. I’m worried about the residents.” He said.

Finally the building owner started to budge. Leif glanced at his holo pad, the Renegades were winning 5-2. He hoped Erica wasn’t mad that he had been held up at work. The deal was finally signed an hour later. There were handshakes all around and congratulations from his boss. Leif rushed to the public transport stop and took a nearly empty train to the stadium. There was a lone usher checking tickets at an empty gate. He ran up the ramps and got to his seat out of breath. Still breathing heavily he looked at the scoreboard. “9-3,” he said surprised.

“Good night for the Renegades so far,” Erica said with a smile. “Did you close the deal?”

“I did,” Leif said proudly.

Erica turned his head and kissed him sweetly. Leif broke away just in time to see Krrucceeepumpiaavv hit a home run. “That one dented a speeder!” Erica said after it sailed over their heads and out of the park.

GAME Three vs Thyferra

Finally a Saturday game. No rushing out of work. Just a relaxing day and a ballgame nightcap. It was the perfect day, aside from the heat. Leif was too modest to wear a tank top and he was sweating through his button up shirt before he even got to his seat. Everyone was glad as the sun began to set and temps began to cool. Unfortunately it was the Tornadoes that caught fire and when the Renegades finally got their own run going it just wasn’t enough.

“It’s Saturday. You want to go have a drink before we head home?” Leif asked Erica as they headed out the gate.

“A drink?” Erica asked. “Us?”

“Well we could go home, put a holo on and fall asleep. Like we do every other Saturday night.”

“You make us sound so boring,” Erica said with a laugh.

“Yea, but boring is good.” Leif ventured.

“Very good,” Erica said mischievously.

“So what holo will we watch?”

Line Up:
    Riley Stunn FB
    Sam Puljos C
    Russ Solasar LF
    Krrucceeepumpiaavv TB
    Rart Nagric CF
    Buxton Smalles SB
    Blehu RF
    Chirterr Dimas SS
    Pitcher

Tag: @ no one

Jedi Gunny and Darth_Elu like this.
  16. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    OOC: Still haven't updated the individual player stats from last week, will get to that as well as an Injury Update Section in the Library Thread soon! Apologies!

Bonus Runs for Mandalore, Thyferra, Coruscant, & Ralltiir!

Major League Lightball

287 Game 10 Results

Alpheridies @ Onderon: 2-8

Bastion @ Takodana: 2-9

Rydonni Prime: 2 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 ~ 3, 7, 2
    Anaxes: 0 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 ~ 2, 7, 0

Knights - Jeanna Loving hits 1 HR. Taz Watley gets 1 SB.

Eld Nammit throws 5 IP with 2 Walks and 4 Ks.
    Lisa Glassigle throws 1 IP with 2 Ks.
    Loren Nezleah throws 2 IP.
    Ne'wts'werd throws 1 IP and gets the Save.

Byss @ Naboo: 7-4

Taanab @ Bakura: 7-9

Druckenwell: 1 | 0 | 1 | 3 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 ~ 6, 15, 0
    Thyferra: 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 ~ 3, 7, 0

Bulwarks - Sheena LeFranc hits 1 HR.

Sheena LeFranc also throws 8 IP with 1 Walk and 6 Ks.
    Vincent Cutter Jr. throws 1 IP.

Injury Report - P Sheena LeFranc receives a Minor Injury. (Will be fine by next start)

Tornadoes - Chon Gallus hits 1 HR.

Bronson Arriya throws 3.1 IP with 1 Walk and 4 Ks.
    Rokee Wel throws 2.2 IP with 2 Ks.
    Chi'gara'ness throws 1.2 IP with 2 Ks.
    Mackanak Fleeger throws 1.1 IP with 2 Ks.

Mandalore: 0 | 0 | 3 | 1 | 1 | 5 | 0 | 0 | 0 ~ 10, 15, 2
    Jakku: 2 | 2 | 0 | 1 | 1 | 5 | 1 | 0 | x ~ 12, 16, 1

Warriors - Margo gets 2 SBs. Ceedaak gets 1 SB. Villie Mays'hays gets 1 SB. Kenneth Luftwaffe gets 1 SB.

Sy Young throws 2 IP with 3 Walks.
    Tikk throws 4.2 IP with 4 Walks and 3 Ks.
    Tokk throws 1.1 IP with 1 Walk.

Csilla: 0 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 0 | 2 | 1 | 0 | 0 ~ 5, 6, 0
    Coruscant: 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 2 | 2 | 2 | 1 | 1 ~ 9, 11, 1

Yankees - Eupar Trida hits 1 HR. Phyllon Haight gets 1 SB.

Fabi Vibulan throws 6 IP with 1 Walk and 3 Ks.
    Micion Boeotia throws 1 IP.
    Sayören Besni throws 1.1 IP with 2 Walks.
    Krai Wolff throws 0.2 IP with 1 Walk and 1 K.

Ralltiir: 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 0 | 0 ~ 3, 9, 1
    Dathomir: 1 | 0 | 3 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | x ~ 4, 9, 0

Renegades - Riley Stunn gets 1 SB.

Ozzie Miire throws 4 IP with 4 Walks and 3 Ks.
    Iuyuk'hohe throws 3 IP with 1 Walk.
    Jasmiine Rustle throws 1 IP with 1 Walk and 1 K.

Injury Report - C Sam Puljos receives Minor Injury.

Rancors - Carana clan Sarnakh gets 1 SB. Brianna Corr gets 1 SB.

Nakolis Treboh throws 5 IP with 4 Walks and 3 Ks.
    Omor Oigres throws 1.1 IP with 2 Walks and 1 K.
    Narit Shoal throws 1.2 IP with 2 Ks.
    Munsul'val Chuzai throws 1 IP with 1 Walk and 2 Ks.

Injury Report - P Nakolis Treboh receives Mild Injury.

Kashyyyk: 3 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 ~ 4, 7, 2
    Krayt: 2 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | x ~ 5, 8, 0

Hunter Killers - Blood Hand throws 5 IP with 2 Walks and 2 Ks.
    Vorsoni throws 1.2 IP with 1 Walk and 2 Ks.
    Gorsoni throws 1.1 IP with 1 K.
    Grakii throws 1 IP.

Injury Report -3B KillKam Korviis receives a Moderate Injury.

287 Game 11 Results

Alpheridies @ Onderon: 10-13

Bastion @ Takodana: 3-4

Rydonni Prime: 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 3 | 1 ~ 4, 7, 0
    Anaxes: 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 3 | 1 | 1 | x ~ 6, 11, 0

Knights - Teyo Tojov hits 1 HR.

Oster Feldman throws 7 IP with 1 Walk and 2 Ks.
    Lisa Glassigle throws 1 IP with 1 Walk and 1 K.

Injury Report - SS Taz Watley receives a Minor Injury.

Byss @ Naboo: 4-3

Taanab @ Bakura: 1-4

Druckenwell: 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 5 | 1 | 0 | 1 | 1 ~ 9, 14, 0
    Thyferra: 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 1 ~ 4, 10, 1

Bulwarks - Venus Argyle hits 2 HRs. Mikhail Pizarro hits 1 HR.

Emil Zalo throws 6 IP with 1 Walk and 6 Ks.
    Mara Laago throws 1.2 IP with 1 Walk.
    Randy Jackson throws 1.1 IP with 1 K.

Tornadoes - Rana Pless throws 4.1 IP with 5 Walks and 2 Ks.
    Chi'gara'ness throws 1.2 IP with 3 Ks.
    Rokee Wel throws 1.2 IP with 2 Walks.
    Mackanak Fleeger throws 1.1 IP with 3 Ks.

Mandalore: 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 1 ~ 3, 5, 0
    Jakku: 0 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 ~ 2, 6, 0

Warriors - Newbacca throws 7 IP with 1 Walk and 6 Ks.
    Shur'show'she throws 1 IP with 1 Walk and 1 K.
    Druw Miller throws 1 IP with 3 Ks.

Csilla: 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 ~ 2, 7, 0
    Coruscant: 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 2 | 0 | x ~ 4, 9, 3

Yankees - Neptis Clin throws 9 IP with 1 Walk and 8 Ks for complete game victory!

Ralltiir: 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 1 | 1 ~ 4, 5, 2
    Dathomir: 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 2 ~ 3, 8, 0

Renegades - Mollie Jul throws 6 IP with 2 Walks and 3 Ks.
    Everette Howe throws 1 IP with 1 Walk and 1 K.
    Lerhea Brukbemgiac throws 2 IP with 1 Walk and 2 Ks.

Rancors - Xizer Sha Qareen throws 6.2 IP with 7 Walks and 3 Ks.
    Omor Oigres throws 2 IP with 1 Walk.
    Way Gamo throws 0.1 IP.

Kashyyyk: 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 3 ~ 6, 12, 0
    Krayt: 2 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 ~ 2, 8, 1

Hunter Killers - Salamence Vestive throws 6 IP with 1 Walk and 4 Ks.
    Vorsoni throws 2 IP with 1 K.
    Gorsoni throws 1 IP with 1 Walk.

Injury Report - CF Hassen Ezek receives a Major Injury.

287 Game 12 Results

Alpheridies @ Onderon: 7-2

Bastion @ Takodana: 4-5

Rydonni Prime: 0 | 3 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 3 | 0 | 0 | 0 ~ 6, 8, 0
    Anaxes: 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 ~ 1, 7, 1

Knights - Blair Scorge hits 1 HR. Skyler Hart hits 1 HR. Lon Timal gets 1 SB.

Fernis Dezavan throws 9 IP with 3 Walks and 8 Ks. A complete game victory!

Injury Report - 3B Cami Alohe receives a Minor Injury.

Byss @ Naboo: 9-5

Taanab @ Bakura: 5-3

Druckenwell: 0 | 4 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 2 ~ 6, 6, 0
    Thyferra: 0 | 3 | 0 | 1 | 2 | 1 | 3 | 0 | x ~ 10, 16, 1

Bulwarks - Bella DuForrest throws 6 IP with 1 K.
    Randy Jackson throws 1 IP with 1 Walk.
    Jessica Wynter throws 1 IP with 1 Walk and 2 Ks.

Injury Report - 2B Krag Bygo receives Mild Injury.

Tornadoes - Itchero Sasuki hits 1 HR. Chon Gallus hits 1 HR. Vander Denson gets 1 SB.

Leger Sintale throws 7 IP with 1 Walk and 2 Ks.
    Chi'gara'ness throws 1 IP with 1 walk and 1 K.
    Milhollin throws 0.1 IP with 2 Walks.
    Mackanak Fleeger throws 0.2 IP.

Injury Update - 1B Cameron Hapbrook potentially cleared for play after this game.

Mandalore: 1 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 2 | 1 | 1 | 0 ~ 6, 15, 1
    Jakku: 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 1 | 7 | 4 | x ~ 13, 20, 3

Warriors - Saanvi Pihu gets 1 SB.

Hersh'iser throws 5 IP with 2 Walks and 4 Ks.
    Tikk throws 1 IP with 1 Walk and 1 K.
    Tokk throws 1 IP.
    Shur'show'she throws 1 IP with 2 Ks.

Injury Report - 2B/IF Saanvi Pihu receives Major Injury.

Csilla: 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 ~ 1, 9, 0
    Coruscant: 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 2 | x ~ 3, 5, 0

Yankees - Orache Czinkota hits 1 HR. Eupar Trida hits 1 HR. Vasanth Valla hits 1 HR as Pinch Hitter.

Yin Hao throws 7 IP with 1 Walk and 6 Ks.
    Micion Boeotia throws 1 IP with 1 K.
    Krai Wolff throws 1 IP.

Ralltiir: 2 | 4 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 1 ~ 9, 10, 0
    Dathomir: 3 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 ~ 4, 9, 1

Renegades - Suzzan Forressen gets 1 SB.

Jorge Finn throws 8 IP with 1 Walk and 3 Ks.
    Lerhea Brukbemgiac throws 1 IP.

Rancors - Fimmara Nezal throws 8.2 IP with 3 Walks and 6 Ks.
    Narit Shoal throws 0.1 IP with 1 K.

Injury Report - CF Korawharra receives a Moderate Injury.

Kashyyyk: 0 | 2 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 2 | 1 | 0 | 0 ~ 6, 9, 0
    Krayt: 2 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 1 | 0 ~ 5, 8, 0

Hunter Killers - Varkee Horvoss throws 7 IP with 1 Walk and 3 Ks.
    Vorsoni throws 1 IP.

Horsoni throws 1 IP.

Coming Up

Onderon Drexls @ Csilla Clawcraft
    Druckenwell Bulwarks @ Naboo Royals
    Mandalore Warriors @ Anaxes Royal Guards
    Byss Emperors @ Rydonni Prime Knights
    Thyferra Tornadoes @ Alpheridies Seekers
    Ralltiir Renegades @ Coruscant Yankees
    Kashyyyk Rage @ Taanab Staga
    Jakku Scavengers @ Takodana Tigers
    Bastion Ren Knights @ Bakura Nobles
    Krayt Hunter Killers @ Dathomir Rancors

Vehn likes this.
  17. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    Yankee Stadium, Coursant

It was coming up to the series against the Clawcraft one played at 'home', whatever that meant. Jax was still feeling homesick, and his conversations with his family were doing little to quell the feelings. Ever since the last series, that time he'd talked to Sorie she'd been, distant, saying things quietly to herself so he couldn't make out what she was saying. It was slightly infuriating that she wouldn't speak directly to him about what she was feeling, or what she was saying. If she was having issues, or had something to say she should just tell him rather than leaving him confused, right.

Then there was the other problem of while his girl back home was getting further away, it seemed the woman next to him was getting closer. Mara now kept a close eye on him at practice, and on days off checked in with him to make sure he was ok. Part of him knew that this wasn't something he needed, or that he shouldn't be alright with. However he couldn't tell her to stop, it was nice to know that someone close by cared about him, enough to check in every once in a while. She couldn't replace the family he was missing, but, she did make the hurt less.

Practices were also getting longer. The last few series hadn't gone the best for the team and this also drove Jax to work harder. This seemed to rub off on the rest of the team. First Neptis Clin started staying later practicing her fastball, eking out just a little more speed from it. Then Eupar Trida hung around getting in just a little more batting practice. Oren Lungu another reserve player thrust into the lime light after Zel going down worked on double plays with Phyllon Haight. With all of them staying later than the rest a sense of comradery settled in.

They all went to the diner Mara had showed Jax that day two weeks ago or so. Phyllon, the bulky Togorian ordered double everyone else did. Jax was fine with fried tubers and a bluemilkshake. He did get some ribbing from his teammates for his order, saying it was like what a kid would order. Well in comparison he was. He was the youngest on the team only 19. Maybe that was why everything was so hard. He'd never been on his own before, never been this far from home. As he took another long sip of his cold treat he thought of Sorie.

The girl back home that he used to do this with, after his games, after some of his practices they would go down to a little shop just around the corner from their school. Recalling those days soured his face a little. He missed her, missed spending time with her. He was missing a lot of things. The rolling hills, the sound of grain blowing in the wind but, also the silence. Back home the town was always so quiet. Here the noise was a near constant, the sound of speeders passing by his apartment, the chatter of a hundred different languages as he went shopping.

The shake started to lose its flavor. Mara gave him a worried look, he just shook his head. A lot of things were going on right now, and he was trying to keep them all in their place. It was easy enough for him to focus on the game, on his sport but, with Mara being on the team it was hard. With the other players around it made it easier. Neptis threw a small bit of paper into Phyllon's mouth as she continued to scarf down food. The towering Togorian stopped in her tracks pulling the balled up bit and looking to the Nelvaanian.

Neptis help back a snicker, Jax and Mara followed suit. Phyllon gripped a napkin and threw it into the pitcher's face. Neptis repaid the favor, they kept this up until the waitress told them to keep it down. They all looked to each other, sheepish grins on their faces, like teens getting scolded for having fun. Something strange happened. At that moment, just for a second, a fleeting feeling, he felt, at home. This feeling didn't last very long but, it was something, something maybe he could do again. If he could cure his homesickness that would be one less thing for him to worry over.

However just as soon as it happened it was gone. Neptis and Phyllon checked their chronos said their goodbyes, Eupar and Oren called it night, it being so late. That left Jax and Mara sitting in the diner, Jax doing his best not to stare at her. They sat there in near silence as they finished their now cold food, and Jax's mostly melted bluemilkshake. As he sat Jax gave several looks out the window seeing the city, still lit, still shining even in the dead of night. No stars in the sky. Just one more thing he missed here.

"Well, the owner is giving us the look." Mara said breaking the quiet. Jax looked to see an older human tapping his chrono at the pair.

"Yeah, we'd better git gone." Jax replied scooting out of his seat. Outside the two were about to separate but, Jax couldn't walk away. "Let me walk you home." He said coming to stand next to her between her and the speeder lane.

"I've lived here for a while Jax, I was born here."

Jax looked away, a little embarrassed, "I…I now, it's just…it's just what I do…my paw would be furious if I let a lady walk home alone in the dark."

"This is Courscant Farmboy, it's never dark."

"You know what I mean."

"I do," she turned to keep walking stopping to gesture him to follow. They walked Mara giving directions and Jax following them. After what felt like an eternity, they made it to her apartment. At the door she paused for a moment. She opened the door then turned to give Jax a quick kiss on the cheek.

"You're sweet." She continued with a smile.

Before he could respond she disappeared into her apartment.

And the problem grows.

The series, went well, their first 3-0. Eupar hit two home runs and Neptis pitched a complete game with 8 strike outs. Jax was happy to see it, to see his team finally doing consistently, doing well. He didn't know if it was the extra practice, or just them hitting their stride. But, he hoped this was a turning point for them.

As he caught a glimpse of Mara behind the plate, he turned away.

It was also a turning point in their 'relationship'. It was complicated and he'd have to sort it out eventually but, not this week, this week they were victors, that was what he had to focus on.

TAG: None NPC team.

Darth_Elu likes this.
  18. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

"LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! From downtown Keldabe, on a sunny and warm Victory..."

"Took us long enough to hear that."

"... afternooooon. Yeah I know right?"

"Way too long."

"Welcome on into the Rancor Pitt, here on your wave home of the defending Galactic Cup Champion Mando'ade Mercs. I'm Randy the Rancor, he's Justin Pitt. Liz Baker on the boards, with Kitterich on the other side of the glass and oh baby do we have a lot to talk about today."

Three hours and five minutes later.

"I know everyone is excited about the Mercs first win of the season, and the great play of KMI so far in their limmie season, but I've got some news outside the world of limmie here too."

"There is life outside of limmie?"

"Sure there is...there is shock ball, and smash ball, grav ball..."

"This has to do with lightball..."

"Of course it does."

"...where the Mandalore lightball Warriors look to be sending down pitcher Sy Young after his one start didn't go well for them this season."

"Sy Young? What kind of name is Sy Young? No wonder he couldn't pitch well, parents saddling him with a name like that."

"Well the Warrior's front office seems to agree , they're going to send him back to the minors as soon as Roberts comes off the disabled list, which should be in time for his next start."

"I watched a part of that game."

"You did?"

"Yeah, I was flipping holo channels and dropped the remote, was too lazy to pick it back up."

"I hear ya, been there, that's how I finally got to see parts of that holo based on the comic...Homicide Squad..."

"Oh yeah, how was it?"

"Bad enough that I got my shebs off the couch to find the remote."

"Yeah, did the same thing with that game after an inning and a half."

"Don't blame you."

"Warriors are still in first place in the Fett division, despite dropping that game, and the series, to Scavengers, who are also tops in their division."

"And I am going to guess that still no one was at the came."

"Actually this was the Warriors are in the midst of their first road trip of the season, and Jakku filled a good portion of the stands for this matchup of first place teams."

"Road trip huh?"

"Yup, started two weeks ago on Tatooine and continue next week out on Anaxes."

"They keep playing like this they may actually have some crowds when they get back."

TAG: no one, shabla NPC teams

Week 5/Series 5 Lineups

Game 13 lineup

Kenneth Luftwaffe CF
    Margo LF
    Ceedaak 1B
    Bel'war RF
    Kragen 3B
    Crash' Daviss C
    Randy Savage 2B
    Diane Kuiper SS
    Pitcher

Game 14 Lineup

Kenneth Luftwaffe CF
    Margo LF
    Ceedaak 1B
    Bel'war RF
    Kragen 3B
    Cad Bumm C
    Randy Savage 2B
    Diane Kuiper SS
    Pitcher

Game 15 lineup

Kenneth Luftwaffe CF
    Villie Mays'hays LF
    Ceedaak 1B
    Bel'war RF
    Kragen 3B
    Crash' Daviss C
    Randy Savage 2B
    Diane Kuiper SS
    Pitcher

TAG: Darth_Elu I think Bel'war (RF, moderate injury) is eligible to be coming off the DL for the start of this series. Let me know if I am in error and I'll fix the lineup.

19. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Thyferra

“You’re getting too far on top of the ball. You need to keep your wrist steady until you release the ball with the correct snap,” Bria Clemmins said as she watched another curveball float in the air too much for her liking. “If you keep throwing your curve like that, opposing hitters won’t fear your fastball, no matter where you place it. Keeping them honest is the most important thing.”

Mac caught the ball in his glove from the bullpen catcher’s throw. He had spent an hour of practice working with the Pitching Coach in the bullpen at Thyferra Municipal Stadium. While most of the pitchers on the team were either throwing mini simulated games off the mound or getting in an extra round of batting practice, he was stuck in the bullpen working on his mechanics. Of course, the bullpens at Thyferra Municipal were out in foul territory on the first and third-base sides, so that meant being subject to errant throws or hits to go their way. Mac was just glad the bullpen catcher had his back to the hitter at the dish, not the other way around. There was something about the threat of getting beaned in the back of the skull by a foul ball while warming up that made even the bravest pitchers bite their lip. Their profession was dangerous enough as it was given their relative proximity to a live hitter with a big stick hitting a ball with plenty of force, but the bullpen took that danger to another level. Why had the Tornadoes not installed bullpens in the outfield? Were they consciously trying to psych out their pitchers?

He moved those thoughts from his mind as he let loose another curveball. Again, the ball didn’t hook as it was supposed to, and the bullpen catcher tossed it back. “Again, keep that wrist at the correct angle, or else it won’t hook.”

“It hooked in college. I killed batters with that pitch,” Mac shot back.

“Then why aren’t you wiping out batter’s knees with it, eh? If your breaking pitch was so good, then why not throw it like that here?”

“I’m trying to!”

“You’re nervous, rookie. No one ever said making it to the pros out of college was easy. Most players need some time in the development system before they get here. Lots of them wash out without ever having a single sniff of the Big Leagues. You’ve pitched almost ten games in your career, and you’re already throwing in the towel?”

“I never said that,” Mac challenged.

“But you don’t trust your pitch arsenal. You rely so heavily on your fastball that you don’t use your other pitches as you should. Look at it this way; as a reliever, it’s fine to have an overpowering pitch. Your fastball is explosive. You know where to throw it, and how to keep hitters honest. But in this league, you must have at least one other dominating pitch to be an effective reliever. Not all of us can be Marino Riveri and be a Hall-of-Famer with just one pitch,” Bria said, mentioning the legendary Coruscant Yankees closer who held the all-time record for career saves as well as various ERA titles. “His cutter was like a fastball and a breaking pitch all in one. Unless you have that action on your fastball, which you don’t, you need another pitch to keep batters honest. Your curve should do that. Either that or your slider, but I think the curveball has more potential. The changeup will be more effective when your fastball isn’t the only pitch you can throw for strikes.”

Mac threw another curveball, trying to keep his wrist straight. There was a little more movement on it, but the ball just didn’t want to hook like it did in college. He smacked his glove in frustration before collecting the ball on the throw-back.

“Go to your slider. See if you can get that pitch to react how you want it, and come back to the curve when you feel like it’s time to return,” Bria offered.

Mac threw a slider, and it had a decent amount of late action before smacking into the catcher’s glove. It wasn’t where he wanted it to be, but it was improvement over the curveball. “Good,” Bria said. “Remember that as a reliever, you want maximum action on your breaking pitches.”

Mac threw another slider, and this one mirrored the first. A third pitch had a little less hook on it, while the fourth added a little action because he added more power to the release. A fifth pitch was about in the middle.

“I think I see your problem,” Bria commented. “You’re trying too hard, and thinking too much. Is something on your mind?”

“No, I’m fine,” Mac said. But he knew there was something eating at him. His fastball had been pounced-upon by quite a few hitters in his young career, and as much as he hated to think it, it was true. He had been shelled. The amazing Mac Fleeger, with the fastball that had scouts drooling, had failed. His ERA was larger than the Death Star, he had lost a game because of an ill-advised pitch (his first career loss at any level, to boot), and his pitches weren’t breaking like they should. There was no way he would be a closer at this rate. Milhollin wasn’t perfect as the Tornadoes’ closer, but he had recorded two saves and looked a lot better in all facets of his game than the lanky young Zeltron had been.

“You’re afraid of failure, aren’t you?” Bria asked. Mac didn’t respond, instead throwing a curveball that sailed over the catcher’s head and bounced towards the plate where recent call-up Vander Denson was taking batting practice.

“No, it’s just . . .”

“Rook, I know what it’s like to live with expectations. I was a first-round pick in this League, and the first time I got dinged up in a game, it was tough. But I kept going, and I won six games my rookie season. If you want to be closer material someday, you need to get over your fears and go pitch with your best stuff. There is a difference between a pitcher and a thrower. Throwers toss pitches, but pitchers actually use their pitches with accuracy and control. You are a thrower right now, but I’m going to turn you into a pitcher at this level. But only if you’re willing to work with me. Otherwise, I might as well feed you to the gundarks that the League has throughout lineups.”

“Don’t have much of a choice, then,” Mac said, but he was not happy about it.

“Interested in learning a new pitch?”

“What did you have in mind?” Mac asked as he threw a hard fastball that smacked solidly into the catcher’s mitt.

“Nothing yet, but I think I’ll try a few different things here and see if something sticks.”

The game against Druckenwell hadn’t gone as planned. Bronson Arriya had been roughed-up for the second consecutive start as the Bulwarks had taken a lead and not looked back. Mac came into the eighth inning with a deficit and a runner on base. Instead of bringing Milhollin into the game, Jok Cal’ver had decided to give the young Zeltron a shot in this situation. Mac looked in to see what catcher Sachi Rohet had for him. Rohet put down two fingers for a curveball, and the slap for an outside pitch. Mac obliged, and the ball curved in the air. However, it was outside, and it counted as a ball. The next pitch was a fastball that blazed down the middle for a strike. Pitch number three was a changeup that was fouled away. The fourth pitch was a low fastball that went for a ball, making the count 2-2. Mac tried to challenge the hitter with a curveball, but the ball didn’t act as it should have. The batter fouled the ball off, which was fortunate for Mac because the ball landed a ways out in left field. Had the batter squared the ball up a little more, that easily would have challenged the left field fence. He decided to throw the fastball, and it was fouled off again. When Mac got the ball back, he stepped off the mound and rubbed the ball between his hands. What was he going to throw here? The fastball had given him a strike, but the batter had made solid contact on almost every pitch over the plate. He couldn’t throw a lame-duck curve over the dish again, or else that ball would end up in the bleachers.

So he did the only thing he could do. He threw a slider inside that the batter did not expect. The batter tried to hold up on the swing, and the umpire delegated down to the third base umpire for the call. It was deemed a strike, and the batter was gone with three strikes. The inning was over, and Mac had dodged a threat. The next inning featured him finally uncorking a good curveball that caused a weak tapper back to the mound that he easily fielded and tossed over to first base, along with a four-pitch strikeout.

The outings the next two games were a mixed-bag. One tough outing was followed by an easy two outs to end the game in the third outing of the series to salvage a game against Druckenwell. When Mac walked off the field after sealing the win, he knew that he had done better on the overall during this series. However, things still weren’t where he wanted them to be. He had to keep improving, or else he would never be trusted as a closer. He didn’t want to pitch set-up forever.

1. Itchero Sasuki - RF
    2. Ganner Er'sala - SS
    3. Vannet Calder - LF
    5. Chon Gallus - 1B
    6. Sachi Rohet - C
    7. Vander Denson - CF
    8. Seewa Malsee - SS
    9. Pitcher

Game 2:
    1. Itchero Sasuki - RF
    2. Ganner Er'sala - SS
    3. Vannet Calder - LF
    5. Cameron Hapbrook- 1B
    6. Sachi Rohet - C
    7. Vander Denson - CF
    8. Seewa Malsee - SS
    9. Pitcher
    Game 3:
    1. Itchero Sasuki - RF
    2. Ganner Er'sala - SS
    3. Vannet Calder - LF
    4. Cameron Hapbrook- 1B
    5. Kollette Finnergan - 3B
    6. Vander Denson - CF
    7. Sachi Rohet - C
    8. Seewa Malsee - SS
    9. Pitcher

Darth_Elu likes this.
  20. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012

Morning After Game One vs Dathomir

Leif couldn’t believe he’d stayed up so late just to see the Renegades not catch up to the Rancors. He stumbled into his regular caf bar and ordered his regular caf with an extra shot. “Leif?” The Barista asked, “Are you feeling alright?”

“Fine,” Leif said as he unconsciously rubbed his eye.

“No, you’re not. You never order an extra shot. Is everything okay?”

Leif allowed himself a chuckle. “I was just up watching the Renegades game.”

“Really, you? No offense, but I never thought you were into sports.”

“I’m not really. Or I wasn’t. One day you’ll get married kid than you’ll understand.” Leif took his hot caf off the counter and made his way to the office.

Game Two vs Dathmir

Leif got home, walked strait upstairs and lied down in bed. “What are you doing?” Erica asked suddenly appearing in the doorway.

“Taking a nap,” we were up half the night last night and there’s another game tonight. “I need my sleep.”

Erica shrugged her shoulders and laughed. “You’re a cute old man,” she said.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Leif asked.

“Oh, nothing.” Came Erica’s reply as she was making her way back downstairs.

Leif didn’t wake up until the fourth inning, but the game was tied at 0-0 so he didn’t feel like he had missed anything. “Jul’s been pitching the whole time, not a run scored on her yet!” Erica said excitedly.

“Glad to hear it,” Leif walked over to the kitchen to fix himself a sandwich. When he sat down next to Erica he kissed her on the cheek. “I have a good feeling about this game,” he said.

“Why’s that?” she asked.

“Well for one I know I won’t struggle to stay up, two your favorite player is doing well, which means you’re happy and when you’re happy I’m happy. When we are happy everything is right in the Galaxy.”

“Oh Leif, you’re sweet,” Erica said leaning her head on his shoulder.

It was the 7th inning before Ralltiir put a run on the board. By the top of the 8th they were up by three. Then the Rancors started a comeback, things got tense in the bottom of the 9th.

“I did not stay up this late to see you lose Lerhea!” Leif said as he stood up and stomped his foot.

“Yea,” Erica said joining him as she got to her feet.

Lerhea threw a strike. “2 more, 2more!” Leif said hopefully.

“Strike two.” The holo announcer called.

“Yes,” Erica said quietly with a fist pump.

“Ball one.”

“No!”

“Ball two.”

Silence.

“Strike Three, Ralltiir wins!”

“YES!” Erica and Leif threw their arms in the air. Leif reached out his hand. Erica took it and let her husband spin her around before he kissed her sweetly.

“Now let’s get some sleep.” He said as he shut off the holo and led her upstairs.

Game Three vs Dathmir

Leif is so thankful it’s finally Friday. No need to get up in the morning. He pours a large iced caffeinated beverage and puts his feet on the coffee table. “Erica,” he calls. “The game’s on.”

Where was she?

Soon enough she came running into the living room. Hair still dripping from a shower. She wore Red and White pajamas. She kinda looked like one of those cane candies from Life Day celebrations. She was most definitely cute. Leif snuggled up to her. The snuggle didn’t last long. Both teams came out hot on the bats. The couple cheered and Erica added a shot to Leif’s drink making him feel light headed.

“You know I don’t drink,” he argued.

“It’s one shot,” she laughed. “Besides 7 runs in 3 innings. This is something to celebrate!”

Leif made a face as he sipped the beverage. Erica laughed. She grabbed the glass and drank the rest in one long swallow before slamming it on the caf table. “That is how you have a drink.” She declared.

Leif shrugged. “I’ll tell you what if the Renegades pull out the win I’ll try that.”

Two hours later Erica was in the kitchen stirring another drink. “Here you go.” She said excitedly.

Leif took the glass. He drank about ¼ before coming up for air. “What a wuss!” Erica said.

Leif shrugged. He started to drink more, but Erica took the glass. “It’s okay she said. I’m a sucker for a wuss.” Leif was relieved. He’d rather be a wuss than have a headache on a Saturday.

Line Up:
    Rart Nagric CF
    Sam Puljos C
    Krrucceeepumpiaavv TB
    Buxton Smalles SB
    Riley Stunn FB
    Suzzan Forressen LF
    Chirterr Dimas SS
    Lissa Forressen RF
    Pitcher

Tag: galactic-vagabond422 (for upcoming game)

Darth_Elu and jcgoble3 like this.
  21. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    OOC: Even on vacation days, RL does like getting in my way it seems. Here is the belated update for last week, this week's should still be on time. Will update Standings and such when I wake up (turning in for the night after this). :)

Bonus Runs for Coruscant, Mandalore, Thyferra, & Ralltiir!

Major League Lightball

287 Game 13 Results

Onderon @ Csilla: 5-2

Druckenwell: 1 | 4 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 6 ~ 13, 18, 0
    Naboo: 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 ~ 1, 6, 0

Bulwarks - Venus Argyle hits 1 HR and gets 1 SB. Mikhail Pizarro hits 1 HR. Jerome Battiste gets 1 SB.

Trae Volar throws 7 IP with 2 Walks and 8 Ks.
    Mara Laago throws 1 IP.
    Randy Jackson throws 1 IP.

Mandalore: 0 | 0 | 0 | 5 | 0 | 4 | 0 | 0 | 0 ~ 9, 13, 1
    Anaxes: 3 | 0 | 3 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 3 | 3 | x ~ 13, 14, 0

Warriors - Margo gets 1 SB.

Cal LaLoosh throws 3 IP with 1 Walk and 2 Ks.
    Tikk throws 2.1 IP with 1 Walk and 1 K.
    Tokk throws 1.2 IP with 1 Walk and 1 K.
    Shur'show'she throws 1 IP with 1 Walk.

Byss: 0 | 0 | 0 | 3 | 1 | 4 | 1 | 0 | 1 ~ 10, 11, 4
    Rydonni Prime: 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 0 | 0 | 4 | 1 ~ 7, 11, 3

Knights - Lisa Glassigle throws 3 IP with 3 Walks and 3 Ks.
    Loren Nezleah throws 2.2 IP with 1 Walk.
    Kaleb Odow throws 2.1 IP with 3 Walks and 2 Ks.
    Ne'wts'werd throws 1 IP.

Thyferra: 3 | 3 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 5 | 3 ~ 15, 13, 1
    Alpheridies: 0 | 2 | 2 | 0 | 2 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 ~ 6, 9, 0

Tornadoes - Cameron Hapbrook hits 1 HR. Itchero Sasuki hits 1 HR.

Lyann Sengian throws 4 IP with 2 Walks and 5 Ks.
    Rokee Wel throws 3.2 IP with 1 Walk and 2 Ks.
    Mackanak Fleeger throws 1.1 IP with 2 Ks.

Ralltiir: 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 5 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 ~ 5, 5, 0
    Coruscant: 0 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 3 | x ~ 6, 8, 2

Renegades - Bom'cages throws 5 IP with 3 Walks and 3 Ks.
    Iuyuk'hohe throws 1 IP with 1 K.
    Jasmiine Rustle throws 1.1 IP with 1 Walk.
    Everette Howe throws 0.2 IP with 1 K.

Yankees - Onythe Hammyn gets 1 SB.

Jax Matha throws 8 IP with 2 Walks and 4 Ks.
    Krai Wolff throws 1 IP and gets the Save.

Kashyyyk @ Taanab: 2-5

Jakku @ Takodana: 5-3

Bastion @ Bakura: 5-8

Krayt: 0 | 1 | 0 | 3 | 0 | 2 | 3 | 0 | 0 ~ 9, 10, 1
    Dathomir: 4 | 0 | 3 | 0 | 1 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 1 ~ 10, 16, 0

Hunter Killers - Doom Face Mav hits 1 HR.

Solvation throws 3 IP with 3 Walks and 1 K.
    Vorsoni throws 2 IP with 1 Walk and 1 K.
    Gorsoni throws 1 IP with 2 Ks.
    Horsoni throws 2.1 IP with 3 Ks.

Rancors - Kotra Larack hits 1 HR. Carana clan Sarnakh gets 1 SB.

Tena Noctur throws 3.1 IP with 4 Walks and 1 K.
    Omor Oigres throws 2.1 IP with 2 Walks and 1 K.
    Narit Shoal throws 1.1 IP with 3 Walks.
    Way Gamo throws 2 IP with 3 Ks.

287 Game 14 Results

Onderon @ Csilla: 7-11

Druckenwell: 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 1 | 0 | 0 ~ 2, 6, 0
    Naboo: 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 ~ 1, 7, 0

Bulwarks - Danny Keyes throws 9 IP with 4 Ks for complete game victory!

Mandalore: 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 2 | 1 | 2 | 0 | 0 ~ 6, 13, 0
    Anaxes: 2 | 2 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 ~ 5, 11, 0

Warriors - Finn Mancuso throws 5 IP with 1 Walk and 2 Ks.
    Tikk throws 2 IP with 1 Walk.
    Tokk throws 1 IP with 1 K.
    Druw Miller throws 0.2 IP.

Byss: 2 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 4 | 0 | 0 | 0 ~ 6, 9, 2
    Rydonni Prime: 0 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 ~ 3, 10, 4

Knights - Cami Alohe hits 1 HR.

Nia Sparrow throws 5.2 IP with 3 Walks.
    Loren Nezleah throws 1.1 IP with 1 Walk.
    Kaleb Odow throws 2 IP.

Thyferra: 4 | 0 | 2 | 0 | 0 | 4 | 0 | 0 | 1 ~ 11, 13, 0
    Alpheridies: 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 ~ 1, 6, 0

Tornadoes - Cameron Hapbrook hits 2 HRs. Vander Denson hits 1 HR. Ganner Er'sala hits 1 HR.

Wava Rhelt throws 5 IP with 7 Walks and 1 K.
    Chi'gara'ness throws 1.1 IP with 1 Walk and 2 Ks.
    Rokee Wel throws 2.2 IP with 1 Walk and 1 K.

Ralltiir: 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 2 ~ 2, 10, 0
    Coruscant: 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 ~ 0, 2, 0

Ralltiir wins in 10 Innings!

Renegades - Lissa Forressen hits 1 HR.

Waavvesh throws 8 IP with 6 Ks.
    Iuyuk'hohe throws 1 IP with 1 K and gets the Win.
    Lerhea Brukbemgiac throws 1 IP with 1 K and gets the Save.

Yankees - Sitoch Talis throws 6 IP with 1 Walk and 4 Ks.
    Micion Boeotia throws 2 IP.
    Sayören Besni throws 1 IP.
    Sophron Mus throws 1 IP and gets the Loss.

Kashyyyk @ Taanab: 4-5

Jakku @ Takodana: 8-0

Bastion @ Bakura: 7-5

Krayt: 6 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 0 ~ 8, 7, 1
    Dathomir: 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 ~ 1, 7, 2

Hunter Killers - Hell Hound throws 5 IP with 3 Walks and 3 Ks.
    Vorsoni throws 1 IP with 1 K.
    Gorsoni throws 1.1 IP with 2 Walks and 1 K.
    Horsoni throws 1.2 IP with 2 Ks.

Rancors - Atric Weson throws 5 IP with 5 Walks and 3 Ks.
    Omor Oigres throws 1 IP.
    Narit Shoal throws 3 IP with 2 Ks.

287 Game 15 Results

Onderon @ Csilla: 7-4

Druckenwell: 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 ~ 1, 4, 0
    Naboo: 0 | 0 | 2 | 2 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 5 | x ~ 9, 14, 0

Bulwarks - Sheena LeFranc throws 5 IP with 3 Walks and 7 Ks.
    Mara Laago throws 1 IP.
    Randy Jackson throws 1.2 IP with 1 K.
    Jessica Wynter throws 0.1 IP.

Mandalore: 0 | 3 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 ~ 4, 10, 0
    Anaxes: 0 | 2 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 3 | 0 | 0 | x ~ 5, 6, 0

Warriors - Kragen hits 1 HR.

Bart Roberts throws 4 IP with 2 Walks and 6 Ks.
    Tokk throws 1.2 IP with 1 Walk and 1 K.
    Shur'show'she throws 2.1 IP with 2 Ks.

Byss: 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 ~ 0, 2, 3
    Rydonni Prime: 0 | 1 | 1 | 2 | 6 | 1 | 3 | 1 | x ~ 15, 17, 0

Knights - Eld Nammit throws 9 IP with 3 Walks and 6 Ks for complete game victory!

Thyferra: 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 4 | 4 | 0 ~ 9, 12, 2
    Alpheridies: 1 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 2 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 ~ 5, 8, 1

Tornadoes - Ganner Er'sala hits 1 HR. Vander Denson hits 1 HR. Adrila Reddus hits 1 HR as a Pinch Hitter.

Bronson Arriya throws 4 IP with 2 Walks and 1 K.
    Chi'gara'ness throws 1 IP with 1 Walk and 2 Ks.
    Rokee Wel throws 1.2 IP with 1 Walk.
    Mackanak Fleeger throws 1.1 IP with 2 Ks and gets the Win.
    Milhollin throws 1 IP with 1 K and gets the Save.

Ralltiir: 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 ~ 1, 2, 0
    Coruscant: 5 | 5 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | x ~ 10, 11, 1

Renegades - Ozzie Miire throws 1.2 IP with 1 Walk and 1 K.
    Jasmiine Rustle throws 2.2 IP with 1 Walk and 1 K.
    Everette Howe throws 3.2 IP with 1 Walk and 2 Ks.

Yankees - Oren Lengu hits 1 HR and gets 1 SB.

Fabi Vibulan throws 8 IP with 2 Ks.
    Krai Wolff throws 1 IP with 1 K.

Kashyyyk @ Taanab: 14-3

Jakku @ Takodana: 8-5

Bastion @ Bakura: 7-8

Krayt: 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 0 ~ 4, 8, 2
    Dathomir: 3 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 3 | x ~ 7, 14, 0

Hunter Killers - Blood Hand throws 5 IP with 1 Walk and 3 Ks.
    Vorsoni throws 1.1 IP with 1 Walk and 1 K.
    Gorsoni throws 1.2 IP with 1 K.

Rancors - Chi Chianyskai hits 1 HR.

Nakolis Treboh throws 5 IP with 3 Walks and 5 Ks.
    Omor Oigres throws 1.2 IP with 1 Walk.
    Narit Shoal throws 1.1 IP with 1 Walk with the Win and a Botched Save.

Munsul'val Chuzai throws 1 IP with 1 K and gets the Save.

Tag: galactic-vagabond422 Bardan_Jusik Jedi Gunny Runjedirun Master Vo'Un'Var Darth_Elu Vehn CPL_Macja

22. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    IC: Leif Clinton

Game One vs Coruscant

Ralltiir had a comfortable 5-2 lead when Leif went to bed. “Honey, I’m going to call it a night,” he said as he slowly stood from the sofa where he’d already nodded off twice.

“Okay,” Erica mumbled. How she could still be interested in a game where nothing was happening Leif had no idea. The next morning he quickly checked his data pad before heading out for his power walk only to learn that Coruscant had come back and scored 3 runs to win the game in the bottom of the 9th inning. Leif was glad he didn’t stay up for that disappointment.

Dawn was breaking as he noticed a fancy sports speeder was backing out at the house two doors down. The house was rented, beings moved in and out often, but never had anyone in this neighborhood owned a speeder like that. Leif only had a moment to wonder as it sped off.

Game Two vs Coruscant

That evening when Leif arrived home he had already forgotten about the speeder. He and Erica were watching yet another snoozer of a game, 0-0 in the sixth inning. Leif kissed his bride and went to bed. She woke him over an hour later to let him know the Renegades had won. “You missed it,” she said excitedly. “Extra innings!”

“Extra sleep.” Leif said as he rolled over and back to sleep. The next morning the same fancy speeder flew down his street at an alarming rate while he was power walking. He made a mental note that the new neighbor did not obey the posted speed limit.

Game Three vs Coruscant

Leif rushed in the house. He’d been listening to the game on the net on his ride home from work and knew his wife would probably be in a sour mood since the Renegades were already down 5 runs after only one inning. “Erica!” He called out as he walked in the house.

There was no reply. This didn’t surprise Leif. He expected she was too upset to answer. To Leif’s surprise Erica was not watching the holo. The set was on, but no one was on the sofa to watch, no one in the fresher. Leif began to be concerned. He ran frantically upstairs. “Erica, Erica, Erica!” He called. From the bedroom he happened to catch a glimpse of the outside deck and saw his wife standing outside.

Of course, she must have been so frustrated by the game that she went to get some air, he though. Leif raced downstairs and out the back door. “Not off to a good start, are they?” Leif asked gently as he walked onto the deck.

She seemed to be watching something. “Oh, that.” Erica answered oddly she was uninterested in the Renegades poor performance. “Come look at this,” she said excitedly.

Leif walked to the railing and joined his wife. “Look at what?” He asked.

“You see that?” She said pointing to the neighboring yard.

“Looks like a father and son playing catch,” Leif shrugged.

“Not just any father son, that’s Andres Fortune!”

“Who?”

“The Limmie player,” Erica explained. “He’s the starting full forward. He’s so good that even though his wife has filed for divorce and she owns part of the team, they’ve kept him on. He scored the winning point last week.”

“Oh,” Leif said still confused as to why he should care.

“So. He’s teaching his son to play Lightball. Just imagine how good that kid is going to be. Renegades have a bright future,” Erica said smiling.

Leif watched the boy drop several easy to catch balls. He didn’t say anything to Erica, but he certainly didn’t see anything special in the kid. Eventually it got dark and Erica came back in the house. “Why isn’t the game on?” She asked.

“Well the Renegades were losing and no one was watching. I thought I’d save us some credits on our energy bill,” Leif explained.

Erica quickly picked up the remote and turned the game back on. “10-1!” She exclaimed. To Leif’s surprise Erica didn’t turn the set back off. Instead she sat down on the sofa.

“You’re really going to watch that?” He asked.

“I’m a fan, I have to watch.”

“I don’t get it.”

“You don’t have to. But you could get me a cold ale,” she suggested.

“Coming right up.” Leif got an ale for Erica and one for himself. Tomorrow was Friday. Why not? It was a boring last several innings, there was no more scoring. Leif listened to his wife cheer on the pitching and yell at the batters. He listened to her as she imagined how far the clumsy kid who moved in two doors down would hit the ball someday. It might be the most outrageous thing he’d ever heard. Leif just sipped his ale and admired her beauty. There was nowhere else he would rather be.

Tags @ No One.

Darth_Elu and jcgoble3 like this.
  23. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Alpheridies

The splitter came out of Mac’s hand as it should, the awkward grip it required giving the ball extra top-spin as it rocketed to home plate. The Seekers batter, unaware that this pitch was on the scouting report for the lanky Zeltron, was frozen in the batter’s box as the ball crossed the plate for the third strike. That ended the eighth inning in what was turning out to be a blowout game. The Tornadoes had jumped on the hometown Seekers early to take a huge lead, including Cameron Hapbrook homering in his first game since coming off the Disabled List during the week.

After being shelled in quite a few games thus far, Mac had worked for two weeks with pitching coach Bria Clemmins to determine what the problem was with his pitching. His fastball was overpowering hitters, but as Clemmins pointed out time and again, it was the only pitch he had good command over. His curveball wasn’t scaring anyone, so they could afford to lay that pitch off and wait for a good fastball to hit. Down 3-0 in the count, they could turn on a fastball that Mac needed to get over the plate for a strike. That had led to some problems for the young rookie, and necessitated another pitch to keep batters honest.

It was very strange for relievers to have a four-pitch arsenal, Clemmins had told him in the early going. That was usually reserved for starters, who needed a variety of pitches to keep batters on their toes for six or seven innings every time out. But relievers could get by with two or three pitches. His fastball was the reason why he had gotten this far, its blazing speed freezing hitters or causing them to flail weakly as the ball raced by. Yet he needed another pitch that would complement his fastball, something the curveball was failing to do. His changeup was so-so, as was his slider – the so-called “reliever’s curveball” because of its increased revolution rate and amount of breaking action on the tail end. Clemmins had watched his slider and commented that while it had potential, the breaking pitch just wasn’t doing enough at the moment. She had offered to teach him a new grip for a different pitch.

The splitter required the Zeltron to spread his fingers around the top of the ball so that his index finger and middle finger straddled the exterior of the ball. As the ball came out of his hand, the top spin on the ball would fool hitters into thinking that they were going to get a standard two-seam fastball. Yet the ball would cut downwards on its trajectory to home plate, causing some balls to hit the dirt while still causing a swing from the batter. Danger existed in throwing balls deliberately into the dirt, but a successful splitter would throw hitters off the scent. Adding in a changeup, Clemmins commented, would not add much since the splitter was already a slower version of the fastball. He could develop a four-seamer that would achieve the same action. The slider was still a work in progress, though he could bring it back in if he wanted to. But the splitter was the project that he would work on.

In the ninth inning, he fell down 2-0 to the first batter before throwing a high fastball that caused a towering pop-up that was fielded by Kollette Finnergan at third base. The second batter hit a splitter off the end of the bat, causing a weak dribbler that Mac scooped up and tossed over to Hapbrook at first for the out. The last batter looked fastball all the way, but was instead given a curveball. The lack of action kept it over the plate, but Mac had placed it low enough that the hitter fouled it off. He came back with a splitter which was fouled off as well, leading to an 0-2 count. The third pitch was a high heater that the batter could not hold off on, leading to a second strikeout of the game for the Zeltron and a win for the Tornadoes.

Clemmins had also suggested that Mac work to conceal the ball a little better. It was obvious to the pitching coach that opposing hitters could easily tell what pitch was coming up in certain situations. She had worked with him on his mechanics. He was throwing over the top too much, she said. Instead of doing that, he should keep the ball behind his back before bringing the arm across his body as he released the pitch. He had done that well enough in this outing; although it felt weird, the four Seekers batters he had faced seemed hoodwinked by the altered delivery. They could not see what pitch was coming until it was headed straight at them, which would reduce the risk that his pitches had. A curveball that didn’t have much action might still surprise a hitter if they were looking fastball and instead a much slower pitch came in with late movement.

Mac got a chance to rest in the bullpen the next game out as three pitchers combined to earn the win for the Tornadoes. As he sat in the bullpen, he played around with different grips on the ball. Milhollin, the Gran closer, got up to warm up once during the game, but quickly sat down when the crisis on the field was averted. The Gran just grunted as he tossed his glove aside and sat back down on the bench. On offense, Hapbrook hit a pair of homers, giving him six on the season.

The third game saw Mac pitch once again. The stakes were higher in this game than in the prior outing where Thyferra had won handily, 11-1. After Rokee Wel had surrendered a run that tied the game at 5, Mac came on to stop the bleeding. With a runner on first, he induced a ground ball out to second base, where Ganner Er’sala fielded the ball and stepped on the bag for the force play. When the Tornadoes came up in the top of the eighth, they got a baserunner on. Vander Denson, the center fielder called up after Valla Prin had been injured, hit a two-run shot that quieted the crowd considerably. This was followed up by Seewa Malsee knocking in a double that scored a run. Mac ended up batting in the ninth spot, although he struck out on three pitches. After all, relievers rarely ever batted in this sort of situation. However, Jok Cal’ver wanted his young set-up man on the hill in the eighth, so using a pinch hitter was out of the question here. Adrila Reddus hit a pinch-hit home run with two outs, finishing the scoring at four runs in the inning for the visitors.

With Mac back out on the hill, he fanned the first batter he faced with a nasty splitter. Somehow the pitch felt right as it came out of his hand. The second batter whacked a solid line drive to center field, but Denson was there to recover it for the second out. Mac then overpowered the third batter with a high fastball that was up and in for a strikeout.

With a series sweep of Alpheridies, the Tornadoes were 10-5 headed into the final week before the All-Star Break. Mac had fanned 19 hitters over the course of the season, which put him in the top names on the reliever strikeout leaderboard. It was made more impressive by the fact that he was a rookie, compared to the older players who were on the list. But his ERA was nothing to write home about; it was terrible, and the two wins on his record couldn’t remove the stain of his high ERA. There was more work to be done in the coming weeks.

24. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    OOC: Have prevented injuries to make up for my tardiness the last two weeks, but they're back on after the All Star Game, just a heads up! Will be accepting PM votes for All Star Players and players till 11 PM PST. After that, any positions unfilled will be randomly generated. The two winning Players will be notified so they have time to get in a post on behalf of their All Star Team, should they choose to do so.

Bonus Runs for Ralltiir & Thyferra!

Major League Lightball

287 Game 16 Results

Anaxes @ Kashyyyk: 4-8

Taanab @ Jakku: 7-5

Bastion @ Byss: 4-5

Alpheridies @ Csilla: 6-5

Druckenwell: 0 | 0 | 4 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 ~ 5, 11, 1
    Krayt: 0 | 1 | 0 | 3 | 1 | 3 | 0 | 3 | x ~ 11, 13, 1

Bulwarks - Jamie Soldaar hits 1 HR.

Emil Zalo throws 4 IP with 1 Walk and 3 Ks.
    Mara Laago throws 2 IP with 2 Walks and 3 Ks.
    Randy Jackson throws 1 IP with 2 Walks and 2 Ks.
    Jessica Wynter throws 1 IP with 1 Walk and 1 K.

Hunter Killers - Doom Face Mav hits 1 HR.

Salamence Vestive throws 6 IP with 3 Walks and 7 Ks.
    Vorsoni throws 1 IP with 2 Ks.
    Gorsoni throws 2 IP with 1 Walk and 2 Ks.

Naboo @ Onderon: 0-6

Coruscant: 0 | 3 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 ~ 4, 6, 1
    Rydonni Prime: 1 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 ~ 3, 13, 1

Yankees - Eupar Trida gets 1 SB. Mara Piazzi gets 1 SB.

Neptis Clin throws 8.2 IP with 3 Walks and 3 Ks.
    Krai Wolff throws 0.1 IP.

Knights - Oster Feldman throws 8 IP with 2 Walks and 5 Ks.
    Lisa Glassigle throws 1 IP with 2 Walks and 1 K.

Ralltiir: 6 | 4 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 5 ~ 15, 12, 2
    Mandalore: 0 | 1 | 1 | 0 | 1 | 1 | 2 | 5 | 2 ~ 13, 13, 2

Renegades - Rart Nagric hits 1 HR. Lissa Forressen hits 1 HR.

Mollie Jul throws 6.1 IP with 3 Walks and 6 Ks.
    Iuyuk'hohe throws 1.1 IP with 1 Walk and 2 Ks.
    Jasmiine Rustle throws 0.1 IP with 3 Walks.
    Lerhea Brukbemgiac throws 0.2 IP.

Warriors - Crash Daviss hits 2 HRs. Bel'war hits 1 HR.

Newbacca throws 3 IP with 3 Walks.
    Tikk throws 2 IP with 1 K.
    Tokk throws 1 IP with 1 Walk and 2 Ks.
    Shur'show'she throws 2 IP with 1 K.
    Druw Miller throws 1 IP.

Thyferra: 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 3 | 2 | 0 | 0 ~ 5, 11, 0
    Dathomir: 2 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 2 | 9 | x ~ 14, 15, 0

Tornadoes - Sachi Rohet hits 1 HR. Cameron Hapbrook gets 1 SB.

Rana Pless throws 5 IP with 5 Ks.
    Chi'gara'ness throws 1 IP with 4 Walks.
    Rokee Wel throws 1.1 IP with 1 Walk.
    Mackanak Fleeger throws 0.2 IP.

Rancors - Kotra Larack hits 1 HR. Gava Aroiros hits 1 HR. Reht Horsh gets 1 SB.

Xizer she Qareen throws 7 IP with 2 Walks and 5 Ks.
    Omor Oigres throws 1.2 IP with 2 Walks and 2 Ks.
    Narit Shoal throws 0.1 IP.

Takodana @ Bakura: 6-7

287 Game 17 Results

Anaxes @ Kashyyyk: 2-3

Taanab @ Jakku: 4-3

Bastion @ Byss: 4-5

Alpheridies @ Csilla: 11-2

Druckenwell: 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 0 | 0 | 0 ~ 2, 8, 0
    Krayt: 0 | 2 | 6 | 0 | 5 | 1 | 0 | 0 | x ~ 14, 17, 1

Bulwarks - Bella DuForrest throws 3 IP with 6 Walks and 3 Ks.
    Mara Laago throws 1.1 IP with 2 Ks.
    Randy Jackson throws 3.2 IP with 1 Walk and 3 Ks.

Hunter Killers - Varkee Horvoss throws 8 IP with 3 Walks and 3 Ks.
    Grakii throws 1 IP with 1 K.

Naboo @ Onderon: 8-9

Coruscant: 0 | 1 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 4 | 0 ~ 7, 10, 1
    Rydonni Prime: 0 | 0 | 2 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 ~ 3, 8, 1

Yankees - Nikole Medzi gets 1 SB.

Yin Hao throws 6 IP with 1 Walk and 5 Ks.
    Micion Boeotia throws 1.2 IP with 2 Ks.
    Sayören Besni throws 1.1 IP with 1 K.

Knights - Fernis Dezavan throws 6.2 IP with 6 Walks and 7 Ks.
    Lisa Glassigle throws 1.2 IP with 3 Walks and 1 K.
    Loren Nezleah throws 0.2 IP.

Ralltiir: 0 | 1 | 0 | 4 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 0 | 1 ~ 8, 16, 1
    Mandalore: 0 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 0 | 2 | 0 | 0 | 0 ~ 4, 12, 0

Renegades - Buxton Smalles hits 1 HR. Riley Stunn hits 1 HR. Chirterr Dimas hits 1 HR. Suzzan Forressen gets 1 SB.

Jorge Finn throws 8 IP with 2 Walks and 1 K.
    Lerhea Brukbemgiac throws 1 IP with 1 K.

Warriors - Ceedaak gets 1 SB.

Hersh'iser throws 4 IP with 1 K.
    Tikk throws 1 IP with 1 Walk and 1 K.
    Tokk throws 1.1 IP.
    Shur'show'she throws 1.2 IP with 1 K.
    Druw Miller throws 1 IP with 1 Walk.

Thyferra: 1 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 ~ 4, 6, 1
    Dathomir: 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 1 | 2 | 1 | x ~ 5, 10, 0

Tornadoes - Itchero Sasuki gets 1 SB.

Leger Sintale throws 6 IP with 1 Walk and 4 Ks.
    Chi'gara'ness throws 0.2 IP with 2 Walks and 1 K.
    Mackanak Fleeger throws 1.1 IP with 1 K.

Rancors - Traist Vak'ote hits 1 HR. Reht Horsh gets 1 SB.

Fimmara Nezal throws 9 IP with 4 Walks and 2 Ks for complete game victory!

Takodana @ Bakura: 3-4

287 Game 18 Results

Anaxes @ Kashyyyk: 1-8

Taanab @ Jakku: 7-1

Bastion @ Byss: 7-3

Alpheridies @ Csilla: 3-5

Druckenwell: 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 ~ 2, 9, 1
    Krayt: 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 3 | 0 | 0 | x ~ 3, 5, 1

Bulwarks - Venus Argyle hits 1 HR.

Trae Volar throws 7 IP with 3 Walks and 13 Ks.
    Jessica Wynter throws 1 IP with 2 Ks.

Hunter Killers - Malevolence Verikan hits 1 HR.

Solvation throws 6 IP with 2 Walks and 5 Ks.
    Vorsoni throws 1.1 IP with 1 Walk and 3 Ks.
    Gorsoni throws 1.2 IP with 1 K.

Naboo @ Onderon: 2-6

Coruscant: 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 3 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 1 ~ 6, 13, 0
    Rydonni Prime: 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 3 | 0 | 0 | 0 ~ 3, 7, 0

Yankees - Nikole Medzi gets 1 SB.

Jax Matha throws 8 IP with 3 Walks and 6 Ks.
    Krai Wolff throws 1 IP with 1 Walk.

Knights - Lorianne Ramirett throws 9 IP with 5 Walks and 6 Ks for a complete game.

Ralltiir: 2 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 3 ~ 10, 18, 1
    Mandalore: 3 | 2 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 ~ 7, 12, 0

Renegades - Lissa Forressen hits 1 HR. Sam Puljos hits 1 HR. Suzzan Forressen gets 1 SB.

Bom'cages throws 4 IP with 4 Walks and 2 Ks.
    Iuyuk'hohe throws 1 IP.
    Jasmiine Rustle throws 2 IP with 1 K.
    Everette Howe throws 2 IP with 1 K.
    Lerhea Brukbemgiac throws 2 IP with 2 Walks and 1 K.

Warriors - Margo hits 1 HR. Ceedaak hits 1 HR. Bel'war gets 1 SB.

Cal LaLoosh throws 5 IP with 7 Ks.
    Tikk throws 2 IP with 1 K.
    Tokk throws 2 IP with 3 Walks.
    Shur'show'she throws 1 IP with 1 Walk.

Thyferra: 1 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 1 | 0 ~ 4, 9, 1
    Dathomir: 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 ~ 2, 10, 0

Tornadoes - Sachi Rohet hits 1 HR. Vander Denson hits 1 HR. Itchero Sasuki hits 1 HR.

Lyann Sengian throws 4.2 IP with 3 Walks and 5 Ks.
    Rokee Wel throws 2 IP with 1 Walk and 2 Ks.
    Chi'gara'ness throws 1.1 IP with 1 K.
    Mackanak Fleeger throws 1 IP and gets the Save.

Rancors - Tena Noctur throws 4 IP with 2 Walks and 5 Ks.
    Omor Oigres throws 1.2 IP.
    Narit Shoal throws 1.1 IP with 1 Walk and 2 Ks.
    Way Gamo throws 1 IP with 1 Walk.
    Munsul'val Chuzai throws 1 IP.

Takodana @ Bakura:5-2

~Coming Up~
    Vader League All Stars @ Windu League All Stars

Tag: Runjedirun Jedi Gunny Darth_Elu Bardan_Jusik galactic-vagabond422 CPL_Macja Master Vo'Un'Var Vehn

25. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

"LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! From downtown Keldabe, on a sunny and warm Taungsday afternooooon. Welcome on into the Rancor Pitt, here on your wave home of the defending Galactic Cup Champion Mando'ade Mercs. I'm Randy the Rancor, he's Justin Pitt. Liz Baker on the boards, with Kitterich on the other side of the glass and oh baby do we have a lot to talk about today."

"Another game against the Mets, another loss."

"Someday they'll find a way to beat those guys."

Roughly four hours later

"OK, that's enough for us today. We'll be talking more tomorrow about this Mercs season, looks like about half the fans think it's a lost cause already..."

"Won't stop anyone, especially the players from fighting the good fight though!"

"On Mandalore? I don't think mando'ade know the meaning of the word surrender."

"...so make sure to join us then as we'll also talk about the Warriors dropping their first game of the season."

"At least they didn't fall too far in the rankings."

"Yeah would have been nice to take advantage of UBSD's loss though..."

"We'd be remiss guys of we didn't also talk about the lightball Warriors, who just got swept at home to drop them back to third place in the division."

"Was anyone there to notice?"

"Judging by the attendance numbers...no not really. The games weren't without some drama though as Ralltiir kept pounding out run after run and the Warriors dugout seemed to take exception to Lissa Forressen standing there in the box watching that long home run in game three of the sweep."

"I actually saw that on the holo..."

"Surprised the games aren't blacked out at home what with the attendance issues."

"...lots of barking back and forth across the diamond... yeah, I think they just want to cater to any fans they can whether at the game or at home."

"All dozen of them."

"Ha!"

"Hey!"

"OK, that's enough for us folks, makes sure to tune back into the Rancor Pitt tomorrow, right here on the Fandalorian!"

"Ret'urcye mhi!"

TAG: Runjedirun

jcgoble3 likes this.