main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Comics Marvel's Bounty Hunters (March 2020)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by darthzac14, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2010
    Issue 3 is out FYI

2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I mean...

Daneira likes this.
  3. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    [​IMG]
    STAR WARS: BOUNTY HUNTERS #6

ETHAN SACKS (W) • PAOLO VILLANELLI (A)

Cover by LEE BERMEJO

Empire Strikes Back Variant COVER by CHRIS SPROUSE

ACTION FIGURE VARIANT COVER BY JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER

TWO AGAINST ONE!

• With precious cargo and a price on his head, VALANCE must go to the only person in the galaxy he can trust.

• But the UNBROKEN CLAN has sent a deadly and unique pair of bounty hunters after him!

• No one in the galaxy can escape the combined cunning of 4-LOM and ZUCKUSS!!!

32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

Star Wars © Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM. All rights reserved. Used under authorization. Text and illustrations for Star Wars are © 2020 Lucasfilm Ltd.

SeparatistFan likes this.
  4. SeparatistFan

SeparatistFan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2012
    Great news that these 2 show up they have been so underused in the past.

5. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    I'm still kind of amazed that Marvel loves Valance so much they've resurrected him and made him an ongoing hero.

I'd make a Jaxxon joke but he's already back too.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2020
    Jedi Daniel, BigAl6ft6 and Wrinty like this.
  7. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I'm avoiding spoilers in the solicitation, but do we have any idea on how many issues this story arc is going to run? I'm assuming 6...

Also, when reading issue 1, was it me or did anyone else think that Khamus was a girl? It wasn't until the 2nd issue when his father said "son" that I realized he was a boy. I think it was the flowing purple clothes and long hair that threw me.

8. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Think it's 5

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  9. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    [​IMG]
    STAR WARS: BOUNTY HUNTERS #7
    • ETHAN SACKS (W) • PAOLO VILLANELLI (A)
    • Cover by LEE BERMEJO
    • Empire Strikes Back Variant COVER by CHRIS SPROUSE
    • ACTION FIGURE VARIANT COVER BY JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER
    • NO ONE CAN ESCAPE THE FINDSMEN!
    • A badly wounded VALANCE reunites with a long lost love on a secret Rebel base... but trouble is right on his heels.
    • ZUCKUSS AND 4-LOM, the deadliest bounty hunting duo in the galaxy are closing in, ready to take out their quarry dead or alive! And they brought an army of Clone War-era Battle Droids with them!
    • Valance is trapped and if he wants to escape alive he’ll have to make the toughest decision of his entire life.
    • 32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    • Star Wars © Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM. All rights reserved. Used under authorization. Text and illustrations for Star Wars are © 2020 Lucasfilm Ltd.

10. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    #7? Well, that's not 5 issues.

11. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I think the first arc is just 5 issues, with #6 being the start of a new arc.

12. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Heh, yeah, clearly the mini seems to have been upgraded.

13. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    It was always an ongoing. darthzac mistakenly called it a mini in his OP.

14. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Oh. Well, that's that solved then.

15. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    [​IMG]
    STAR WARS: BOUNTY HUNTERS #8

ETHAN SACKS (W) • PAOLO VILLANELLI (A/C)

A DEADLY FAVOR!

• To pay back a debt, VALANCE undertakes a rescue mission to save the crew of a crippled REBEL transport.

• That dangerous job will take the bounty hunter deep into the heart of the pirate-infested space in THE OUTER RIM.

• But lying in wait is both an old enemy…and a new threat!

32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

Star Wars © Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM. All rights reserved. Used under authorization. Text and illustrations for Star Wars are © 2020 Lucasfilm Ltd.
    [​IMG]
    STAR WARS: BOUNTY HUNTERS #9

Written by ETHAN SACKS
    Art by PAOLO VILLANELLI
    Cover by MATTIA DE LULIS

THE “TERMINUS GAUNTLET” CONTINUES!

• Trapped on a REBEL transport under attack by pirates, VALANCE must make a desperate gambit to survive.
    • But little does the cyborg bounty hunter know he’s on a collision course with his old rival, DENGAR!
    • Plus, a familiar face makes a shocking return with a plan that will change the underworld forever.

16. R4-D4

R4-D4 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Mar 6, 2003
    can someone please give me an estimated timeline placement for all the flashbacks in this series. Thanks

17. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    There's not much to go on other than that Valance had his major accident during the campaign on Mimban, which was in and around 10 BBY. Everything else is somewhere in between.

18. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    this belongs under the accidental renaissance paintings category

Daneira likes this.
  19. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    Solicit for Bounty Hunters #10 via SW.com:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

STAR WARS: BOUNTY HUNTERS #10

Written by ETHAN SACKS
    Art by PAOLO VILLANELLI
    Cover by MATTIA DE IULIS

THE TERMINUS GAUNTLET CONCLUDES!
    • VALANCE finds himself alone and outgunned against the dreaded NEW OHNAKA PIRATE GANG!
    • The lives of the crew of a REBEL transport hang in the balance as he battles against grave odds.
    • And what secret is DENGAR carrying that will upend Valance’s life?

20. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    Issue 8:
    Some neat Legends references, like the H'uun and Terminus. And nice to see new canon characters being used -- here it's Tasu Leech, drawing on the future Kanjiklub's connections with the Hutts and underground pit fighting. We also get a Fennec Shand namedrop, which I think further indicates her potential connection to the Kanji stuff, since she shares her surname with Kanjiklubber Crokind Shand.

And a new Ohnaka Gang leader, who's more ruthless than Hondo and has presumably taken over and rebuilt the gang since it was broken up pre-Rebels.

As for the plot, it's the usual characters brawling in underworld locations while being tracked by other characters. But a nice flashback to Han Solo: Imperial Cadet all the same.[/spoilers]

Daneira likes this.
  21. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Also random Figrin D'an and the Modal Nodes appearance, plus a lampshade hung on them repeatedly playing at rowdy bars.

22. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Haven't seen much of 4-LOM and Zuckuss in canon, and I really like for them to get the spotlight. Of the 6 from the Executor meeting, they are the ones with fewer, rarer appearances... I´m curious for what's coming next!

23. Cyber Spark

Cyber Spark Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 27, 2020
    Love how Zuckuss talks in the third person and how he comes off as a superstitious weirdo. Also interested in what could happen with Cadeliah and where her character could go, looking at what happened with Ahsoka.

24. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    [​IMG]

STAR WARS: BOUNTY HUNTERS #11

ETHAN SACKS (W) • PAOLO VILLANELLI (A)

Cover by MATTIA DE IULIS

THE GREAT HUNT OF MALASTARE!

• BOSSK awakens to find himself as the hunted instead of the hunter on the forest planet of MALASTARE.
    • But who is the mysterious figure behind the hunting party stalking the infamous TRANDOSHAN?
    • A special solo adventure starring the most savage bounty hunter of all!
    Nice, Malastare doesn't get enough love, not really since the Republic comics and the Bounty Hunter video game.

25. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Malastare in the Bounty Hunter game was amazing. Amazingly weird. Amazingly green. Amazingly duggy. I kept trying to break into their houses and was disappointed this was not a programmed thing.

What were we talking about again? Oh right. Bounty Hunter.s.

MercenaryAce and JediFett10 like this.