main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Mellow, Meaningful, and Tender Remembrances. OCs & ECs, Ongoing Ficlet Series.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Jun 13, 2017.

1. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Thanks for a happily-ever after in your stories. That is very calming and comes close to a chocolate effect.

Ridley Solo likes this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Woohoo! "a chocolate effect" [face_dancing] [face_dancing] The BEST kind. I think I just had that in @brodiew 's Secret of the Heart. [face_love] Nummy!

brodiew likes this.
  3. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    So, it's been far too long since I commented on these - I've fallen nicely behind. :eek: So I just want to start fresh here and say that I love how many characters you are giving these lovely, soft moments to - especially the OCs of other writers on the boards. There is no greater honor than having your own Ny-spin put on those moments. I have to agree with what @AzureAngel2 said about the chocolate effect. There's no better way to put it! [face_love]

In short, just to pick out a few of my favourites:

* I love the Luke and Leia sharing dreams ficlet - that's one of my favourite veins in fan fiction, and you captured what I love best about it in just a few words!

* You Taught My Heart To Sing: Ack, you know I am all for Leia being allowed to mourn and recover and get all of the love and warmth she deserves. This definitely delivered on that in spades! And I love the name of their youngling!

* And the Wedge/Iella piece! It's great to see a couple of old favourites pop up here - and with a sweet family moment to boot. I loved your commentary on the 'flyboy' endearment. [face_batting][face_love]

These have all been wonderful, though! [face_love] =D=

I'm going to do my best to keep up on these from here on out, but if I ever fall behind like that again, feel free to kick me in the pants with a tag. ;) [face_love] [:D]

4. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha: Where is the Wedge/Iella? I've searched the thread three times. 8-} Blind as :kanan: over here.

Edit: Ah, there it is. It was good to see Wedge again and to feel his relief on quitting the political side of the military. As I recall, the circumstances weren't that pleasant.
    I have aldo enjoyed Horn/Antilles offspring stories in the past. It was nice to see baby Myri. Beautiful, indeed.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks dear Mira! And [face_laugh] @brodiew -- [face_laugh] on page 2, post 30. :)

Edit I loved delving somewhat into a pivotal and sweet couple moment. :) I think for someone who likes the action of starfighter career, the unnecessary inaction or stalemate of political wrangling would be particularly frustrating.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
    brodiew likes this.
  6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    AN: Returning to this thread with something that I was inspired by a particular expression "a non-date"
    Luke/Mara – soon after Callista leaves.

Mara was angry at Callista for leaving Luke in that cowardly way she had! She had felt an initial rush of relief at hearing she was gone, although Mara was hard-pressed to provide the actual reason.

She braced herself and went to see Luke some weeks later, at no one's urging, just because he considered her a friend and she didn't want him to wallow.

So, she came prepared with a picnic lunch complete with his (and now her) favorite hot beverage, hot chocolate.

Luke smiled upon seeing her, and something in the Force between them became lighter and less fraught with tension.

Mara thought she would have to convince him to come along but it took very little persuading before they were beside a nearby river with the hamper open.

"It's always good to see you, Mara." He told her sincerely and they caught up on each other's recent happenings and mutual friends.

It was way too easy to sink into the customary banter with Luke. Not something she felt at ease doing with her colleagues on the Wild Karrde.

No, Mara would later insist to Faughn, this was not a date, not in the slightest degree!

She just hated thinking of Luke as miserable, although if he were, he hid it well, or could it be that being with her was enough to cheer him up?

Hmmm. That was something to ponder, but not too closely.

:D

7. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Mara has her ways with Luke. Not a date?

8. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Like the yummy way you bring Mara & Luke to life. @};-

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  9. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Aw! I love this missing moment from the EU! It's as classic as classic can be, and I have to admit that my shipper's heart gave a happy little sigh for this golden oldie of a pairing, shown at their best! [face_love]

That said, I can't at all blame Mara for wanting to check in on Luke. The entire situation with Calista was terribly heartbreaking, and what he needs most of all now is a friend, first and foremost. Which Mara most certainly can be! If the Force is lighter with the both of them together, well then, who's to look at that too closely? Certainly not these two, it seems! :p Mara, in particular, seems to be protecting herself with a fair bit of denial, even while vaguely acknowledging that something with Luke is just right. [face_love]

Because, of course, this is not a date! Just a picnic shared between friends. [face_mischief] No matter how she protests, though, something tells me that Faughn knows better and will probably be collecting the pot the Wild Karrde has going when Luke and Mara finally do share their news post-VoTF. [face_love] [face_whistling] [face_love]

This was such a lovely ficlet! Thank you for sharing. =D= [:D]

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks all! Luke and Mara are my deepest and longest OTP for SW. :)

"It Just Amazes Me" -- sung by the gorgeous Blossom Dearie
    So PERFECT for L/M. :) [face_sigh]

Lyrics under the spoiler:
    My height, just average
    My weight, just average
    And my IQ is like you'd estimate, just average
    But evidently he does not agree.

Consequently if I seem at sea
    It amazes me, it simply amazes me
    What he sees in me dazzles me
    Dazes me.

That I've learned to clip my wings
    And soften my ways
    These are ordinary things unworthy of praise
    Yet he praises me.

Just knowing I try for him
    When so many would
    If they could, die for him;

I'm the one who's worldly wise
    And nothing much fazes me
    But to see me in his eyes
    It just amazes me.

I'm the one who's worldly wise
    And nothing much fazes me
    But to see me in his eyes
    It just amazes me.

You have to admit it doesn't happen often, where you have a dream and wake up and feel like it was so real, that you're totally disoriented. None of your dreams - or very few of them -- are the "stang, that was a dream" type. More often than not, when you realize you were dreaming, there's an intense relief tied to it.

Until ...

Luke's proposal. That was highly irregular to say the least! You kept expecting him to -- if not regret it exactly, shamefacedly admit that he spoke in the literal heat of the moment/dramatic tension and all that.

But as the days went by, far from finding out he regretted the timing if nothing else, you find him unmistakably glad about it in some inexplicable and bewildering fashion.

You catch him looking at you the way he, come to think of it, always has, with a mixture of amazement and adoration, with no small amount of respect and trust, which in the early days of your acquaintance, drove you mad! You went out of your way then to prove how very untrustworthy and undeserving of respect you were. "I am not your friend, Skywalker." You had insisted, to yourself, if to no one else.

The more things changed, it appeared, the more they stayed the same. Except for your reaction to his preoccupation with you. That was completely new! Because you found yourself reciprocating most absolutely.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
    Findswoman likes this.
  11. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Very sweet, and very in character! [face_love] For someone like Mara, to whom this whole business of love and closeness is so new, that moment must have, in its way, been more unreal than any dream—but also reminds her just how much really was real, including her respect and trust for this man so different from herself. Love can do that to a person, for sure! Thanks, as always, for sharing this tender moment with us. =D=

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    :D Thanks Findswoman When I think I've left this thread behind I hear a nummy song and ;)

"Now and Forever" by Richard Marx :D

~

Luke is so preoccupied with what-should-bes and what-nexts of setting up and orchestrating the "New Jedi Order" that he sometimes doesn't give himself room to just be or to stop thinking of the thousand permutations of each course of action.

He, like Leia, often takes himself too seriously. They both have the tendency to shoulder the worlds ...

It is at these moments that Mara's snark and incisive view of persons and situations cuts through all the tangled muddle and clears his mind, makes him laugh, and warms his heart.

What would he do without her, he thinks with indescribable gratitude. He is happy he will never have to find out.

++
    [face_love]

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
    Mira_Jade and Findswoman like this.
  13. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Ooh but I gave the happiest of SQUEES to see this delightful collection updated again! I hope that this ficlet was just the first of many more to come. [face_batting]

And what a beautiful piece of reflection to come back with! I particularly appreciated:

Spot on characterization, and I loved the beautiful wording of your prose. [face_love]

Aw! They really do complete each other. In every way. [face_love]

Thank you for sharing this delightful gem with us! [:D]

14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    love the new parts with the snarky remarks

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    When Han and Leia decided to have kids/expand their family, Leia had more than a few quandaries about it.

She was torn in two about it. What ifs and if onlies ran through her mind.

"Hey, whatever you decide, I'll stand by it," Han said. "You can count on me to always be on your side."

She smiled. "I don't doubt that, flyboy." She answered.

When it came down to it, thinking of younglings with her spark and his snark proved to be too irresistible.

Mira_Jade likes this.
  16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    and they had three adorable kids

17. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh just too sweet for words! As always, the snark and deep affection here was just fun and heartfelt. I'm with @earlybird-obi-wan - and then they had three wonderful kids and NJO onwards never happened and they all lived happily ever after. The end. :p [face_laugh] [face_mischief] [face_love]

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Fact. [face_dancing] :*

Mira_Jade likes this.
  19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    "I Could Write A Book"
    Pairing: Corran/Mirax

Jysella and Valin teased their folks about the roundabout way they became a couple; all that snarking, although the Solos won the first place medal for that particular facet of romance!

Corran admitted readily that he was surprised Mirax gave him the time of day, and if truth be told, Booster would've been glad if Mirax told Corran to make himself scarce. The opposite of "Don't be a stranger."

Mirax would smile and say with a tender wink that her father knew deep down that Corran was the only one who would or could make her happy, so he knew better than to really put up a fuss, because it wouldn't do a bit of good anyway.

The Horns could totally write a book on how wary convenient allies became genuine friends and then ... soulmates.

+++
    [face_mischief] [face_love]

Mira_Jade likes this.