main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge Meow You’re Talking! – The Cat Challenge

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Chyntuck, Aug 28, 2023.

1. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Thank you!

I have many things to comment on which hopefully I can get to this week (and yes please we are all waiting for another entry--at least I am! [face_laugh])

Also, are we allowed another prompt? :p

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 10, 2023
  2. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    [face_laugh] @gizkaspice How can I resist after such a mighty roar? You're most welcome to another prompt, just state your tier.

3. gizkaspice

Nov 27, 2013
    Thanks @Chyntuck !

May I please have another blockbuster purrompt?

[​IMG]

4. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    Here you go @gizkaspice ! You get the best cat voiceover on the internet:

5. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard Chosen One star 4

Nov 22, 1999
  6. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    That is one adorable Star Wars cat[face_love]

7. gizkaspice

Nov 27, 2013
    WAIT A MINUTE.

HOLD THE PRESS.

This loth cat is different than the one from the Mandalorian...........

[​IMG]

Which means that the loth-cat from Mando is confirmed the ancestor of none other than MILLICENT

who is also short-haired and orange....

[​IMG]

And now back to your regular cat story programming.

:p

Last edited: Sep 17, 2023
  8. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    This board is going to the dogs... *shows herself out to do some cat writing*

9. gizkaspice

Nov 27, 2013
    In this thread, the power of the cat is so strong that even dogs think they are cats:

[​IMG]

10. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    It's raining cats and dogs this time

11. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    Some people on these boards are doggedly determined to subvert this thread. To them I say: ¡No pawsarán!

12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    For the challenge where I got the minimalist purrompt 'keep calm and catty on' I present you entry 64 of Cat clan

Last edited: Sep 27, 2023
  13. Force of Light

Force of Light Jedi Master star 1

Jan 5, 2016
    Here's the link to my contribution:

https://boards.theforce.net/threads...eow-youre-talking-the-cat-challenge.50059603/

I changed it to a Supernatural story instead, set after the series finale, starring Lisa Winchester, younger sister to Dean Winchester the second. She's the daughter of Sam Winchester and Eileen Leahy and was named after Lisa Braeden, her late uncle's former flame. It seemed to be a better idea than setting the story on Ilum, since the poor feline might freeze to death before Jira would come across him (though I might still do a story on how she got back to her homeworld after "chickening out" during the Gathering, but at a later time).:)

14. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    I got both your entries in the index @earlybird-obi-wan and @Force of Light!

I'm sorry for being an absentee challenge hostess; DRL has been relentless these past few weeks. But you can expect reviews from me soon!

15. gizkaspice

Nov 27, 2013
    Okay. You win. ^:)^ This has got to be the most difficult prompt so I tried to incoperate it as best as I could and we have the entry...

Of Dr. Tanä, Morgoth's servant and patty-cakes

16. gizkaspice

Nov 27, 2013
    In an attempt to bring this thread back to life..

I have a no purrompt needed entry: Of Let it Meow

Mira_Jade , Kahara, GregMcP and 3 others like this.
  17. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    All righty doo! It has taken me furever and I apologise, but I finally got around to reading and reviewing the amazing (and sometimes insane) stories spawned by this thread! I also have everybody's fics in the index; please let me know if I missed anything (which wouldn't be a surprise, with DRL whacking me upside the head a dozen times a day right now).

Also, a reminder that there are still purrompts available for anyone who needs a bit of zaniness or levity in their life :D This is a no-deadline challenge, so you can ask for a purrompt at any time.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2023
  18. Force of Light

Force of Light Jedi Master star 1

Jan 5, 2016
    How about a Short and Sweet purrompt #3? Perhaps I can try a Star Wars themed story this time around. Though my original idea wasn't a bad one, I don't think many animals can survive the cold of Ilum, so it was probably good that I changed it to a Supernatural one instead.:)

19. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    O-ho, @Force of Light, are you ready for round 2? Your prompt is the murderous cat:

[​IMG]

20. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    I'll take minimalist purrompt number 4 as my second helping of cat challenge fun please, @Chyntuck :D

21. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
  22. gizkaspice

Nov 27, 2013
    Help me @Chyntuck -Kenobi, you're my only hope! :_|

I'm all out of cat ideas and I got nothing. The essence of my very existence is in peril.

Can I have another purrompt, pawleasse? :D a short and sweet purrompt and you can make it as challenging as you want, thank you!

23. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    As challenging as I want, eh? [face_devil] Okay then. Here you go @gizkaspice:

:D

24. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Is that Millicent or the KPN cat angry when his boss comes home to watch StarWars?

Last edited: Nov 26, 2023
  25. gizkaspice

Nov 27, 2013
    Thank you! I have an idea but I'm not sure if it's a good one..we'll see how it unfolds :D

Both.