main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Messages to the Outside World

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother 3: The Mods Strike Back' started by Terr_Mys, Sep 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terr_Mys

Terr_Mys Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    Mys, your poem about the American Rev annoys me as I don't really think it was a real revolution.

rev·o·lu·tion - n. The overthrow of one government and its replacement with another.

I'm sorry it 'annoyed' you but frankly it's one of the most influential events in world history, not to mention the greatest victory for liberty and democracy in the Age of Reason.

2. farraday

farraday Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 27, 2000
    I realize no one in the senate is paying attention to this but I'm going to slap some of them around nonetheless.

Cheveyo has decided to join the condemnation for allowing the bin ladens to fly out of the country without interrogating the family to some unspecified rigorous standard.

Absolute idiocy.

The major difference is that if you or I committed a murder and were on the run, the police would talk to our families because they don't know anything about you. Stop pretending that Osama did not exist before September 11th. Do you really think that no intelligence agency, no police agency in the world investigated Osama's ties to his families before 9/11? Or do you think that didn't occur to them because it's impossible they might be as smart as you?

Furthermore, the Bin Laden flight didn't take place for a week afterward. Tell me, do you not believe in civil liberities that you think the government should be allowed to hold family members hostage for as long as neccesary? Gee and all this time I thought you were liberal. I mean, scooping family members off the street and holding them for weeks doesn't bother you why? Maybe the mere fact you have no evidence that they are even in contact with Osama, in fact have repeated conclusions to the contrary based on all available evidence, isn't really pertinant.

Idiocy!

3. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    "You keep thinking that, DA"

Hi and welcome to the Jedi Council JediPrincessKas!

Just because you appear to be so insignificant that I have no clue who you are doesn't mean you can't make a contribution to the site....and have fun making lots of new friends in the process!

But before you do you should check out these great, informative threads:

* The TFN Jedi Council Forums Staff Architecture
    * The Banned Users Guide
    * Terms Of Service & Code Of Conduct
    * Nwbie Adoptions Thread

Once again, welcome to the boards, thanks for posting, good luck and see you around the boards.

:)

4. StarWars_Revelation

StarWars_Revelation Jedi Master star 5

Aug 5, 2001
    You know, DA, if you ever get up for eviction, some of the things you've said may come back to bite you in the ass.

5. DarthAttorney

Nov 8, 2000
    Bit late for that, wouldn't you say? ;)

6. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Following that note,
    In the words of William Jennings Bryan

"If they dare to come out in the open field and defend the gold standard as a good thing, we will fight them to the uttermost. Having behind us the producing masses of this nation and the world, supported by the commercial interests, the laboring interests and the toilers everywhere, we will answer their demand for a gold standard by saying to them: You shall not press down upon the brow of labor this crown of thorns, you shall not crucify mankind upon a cross of gold. "

-Seldon

7. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    It's been a while since i've done this.

[Kate edit: Nope.]
    Dudemeyster: Could be fallen arches or whatever. Don't ask us for advice.
    JCC: Vote for the other guy.
    Darth_Snowball: Sausage.

Thank you for your time.

8. Qui Gon Jim23

Qui Gon Jim23 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    Coruscant: Give it up, bud. Those who claim publically to have an open mind are usually the most dense, close-minded ones. Let them keep dissing FoxNews and listening to Dan Rather. At least it gives us people to point and laugh at.

ask-the-younglings: but it's the opinion of someone with a mind, a grasp of world politics and an appreciation of history. Also of someone who has worked as a journalist overseas.

Who were you a journalist for, Al Jazeera?

9. DarthAttorney

Nov 8, 2000
    "And I never hated you, DA. You decided to hate me."

Connemara: You didn't leave me much choice when you spammed via PM about whatever the hell you had a bee in your bonnet about that day in Comms. I didn't know before that and you didn't make a good first impression. Change your vote and we can be friends. :)

"I think you all are stepping kinda close to the line of flaming."

Then thank merciful Jebus you're not a mod.
    Yet.

10. Terr_Mys

May 19, 2002
    Katana- Revolution or War of Independence, it's the same thing. The Americans defeated the Brits with the aim of ending British rule over the colonies and establishing their own government, which is exactly what they did. That is the definition of a revolution.

It may not have involved class revolts, but not every revolution does. That's generally a rather Eurocentric definition.

11. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
  12. Darth_AYBABTU

Darth_AYBABTU Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 8, 2001

Ignant, NOOOOOOO!!

Do do it, Ignant! You'll just end up being miserable. Nothing feels better than the rush of mocking someone's sick grandmother, his terrible grammar, or his plain ol' stupidity.

To deny who you are displeases God, Ignant. You have a gift, and you are obligated to use it.

Don't go down the same road I did, Paul. Please. Don't make those same mistakes.

AYBABTU

13. Qui Gon Jim23

Qui Gon Jim23 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    I always kind of like Nice_Rhett. He should have been made mod.

Amazing.

Hurricane_AYBABTU would've been better.

14. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    It is the American Revolution.
    You are just playing with words. Almost any accepted college text will call it both the American Revolution as well as the War of Independence. It is both. I believe the most accepted American History college text is American Pageant and it does refer to them as both, as I recall.

This was funny and posted by darthtuttle

"I'm writing a novel and would like tips. It's the first in a series of six. They're sci-fi. It's part of a series of six. All of them are about a story. If I get doo tips I might leak a few spoilers. "

Tip One: Learn to write "Good"
    Tip Two: Tell us a little bit more if we are going to help you.

-Seldon

15. StarWars_Revelation

Aug 5, 2001
    Next person that refers to Red Leader as "Guy who should get kicked in balls" dies.

16. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 2002
    S_W, I've got enuff kids I don't need to add another two. Just let me sacrifice them and we will all be better off!!!!

17. Terr_Mys

May 19, 2002
    No Greg, you're the man.

I'm the bull and you're the cow. :)

He's a man!!!

No, I'm Batman?

Haha, I totally stole your favorite taglines there Jazzy. :)

Gotta go now, my planet needs me!

18. Terr_Mys

May 19, 2002
    JaziB:

No, I'M the bull and YOU'RE the cow.

Toothbrush.

It's "I have to go now, my planet needs me." You better pray I don't vote for you whenever you're up for eviction!

Then I'll see you in Hell! [/Han] ...what?

Tied for first place! Way to go d00d.

Merci. :)

(From WH) What?? I thought you weren't going to buy them because they're the special editions with new and improved digital eyelash rendering and whatever.

[face_laugh] x 42 ...Ewan's in the OT?!?

Don't mind if I do.

That was so hawt [face_love] (lub u jazzy!)

Leida:

Were in planet Flafooga!

I thought the WH was on Planet Ewan's Nipple. :confused: Or maybe that was the name of the theme park Cramby and I came up with. "They're like breathing...when they stop you die." Or maybe it's duck planet... [face_thinking] ...Hell? Poor guy. AHCBL!

Rach:

*slobers all over OT dvds*

You bar steward! How could you slober over them. :( That's like...Yugoslavian genocide, or something. ::wooks::

Marry me, digital remastering

I just hope that digital remastering doesn't think that you mean 'merry' or 'Mary', because then you might feel rejected. Besides, what would Conesy think :(. I haven't seen him in forever, though... *sniff*

Ok, 1:29am here now. Time for bed. Stupid school

Jings, what an anorak. Well, you are fortunate that your parents actually let you go buy the OT DVDs at midnight :p. My parents don't realize that SW >>>> school. Anyway, the big question is: will our next marathon include the OT DVDs, or the OOT laserdiscs? Hmm?

TiagO:

Blaat?

I love you T. :)

19. farraday

farraday Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 27, 2000
    Tracy Mulan is so not a princess and i don't care what your mom told you, girls are not automatically princesses.

20. carmenite42

carmenite42 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    :mad: YES WE ARE

21. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Sith_Wench I love you!!! For finding that TF.N was in Dork Tower just makes me so happy to give them my money for that comic. For thos who haven't seen it here's the link:

Dork Tower

~PK~

22. Terr_Mys

May 19, 2002
    xie - your 'they' thread makes me think of the road on which my grandparents' cottage in Maine is situated, formerly known as That Street. That was its actual name, on the sign and everything. My cousins and I always used the same joke...

"What street do you live on?

"That street."

"What street?"

"That street!"

etc. etc.

jj - omg! I can't believe I didn't remember it was your birthday yesterday :(. I totally knew that, too. *sigh* Well, anyways...you're legal now! :) Watch out for Ewan and Ossy!

Speaking of whom...

im only posting here because she forced me to, saying that she'd chop my head off

O-Ren Trici :cool:

And btw, I'm not a dog, I'm teh dogg.

23. StarWars_Revelation

Aug 5, 2001
    I don't think you're an ass, DA :(

:)

oh, and don't be so sure I voted your way.

24. StarWars_Revelation

Aug 5, 2001
    PS (not pronounced piss, by the way): Can you forgive me?

25. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    I couldn't say the same.

Do we always have to listen to the person that gets voted out cry for a week?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.