main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Micro-series vs. TCW

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Saga_Symphony, Nov 14, 2012.

?

Which Clone Wars show do you like better?

1. Clone Wars (2003)

115 vote(s)
    35.2%
  2. The Clone Wars (2008)

212 vote(s)
    64.8%
  1. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    For me, there's no contest between CW and TCW. CW is cool and stylish, but there's very little substance compared with TCW. TCW created some great new characters, had some great dramatic storylines, and greatly expanded the universe. CW by comparison is pretty much a string of action sequences.

2. Prequelfan93

Prequelfan93 Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 12, 2021
    Of course people can like whatever they want i am not saying they can't however what i am saying is true from a certain point of view.

3. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    No. You were trying to rile up other users by getting personal because you don't believe they had the right opinion. Please don't make remarks like you did before in you're previous post on the last page again please.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
    TetsuAero and TCF-1138 like this.
  4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    This must be one of the largest polls on the JCF

BookExogorth likes this.
  5. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Well now we can compare them much better

6. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Can't compare 3-12 minute shorts to 7 seasons of a show. TCW wins easily.

However, if we look at the microseries as a whole (part of the multimedia project), ill take the 2002-2007 CW era over TCW anytime.

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I have barely dived into the multimedia project other than the show. What would you say is the best comic/book

8. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    You have to read the whole comic run.
    Republic 49 to 83. I believe. And can't forget Obsession. and several Jedi One Shots.
    Though you should probably read the first 48 issues or at least have an idea of the characters, plot lines, etc.
    Omnibus' and Epic Collections help.
    Book wise? Republic Commando series, Medstar duology, Cestus Deception, Jedi Trial, Yoda: Dark Rendezvous, Labyrinth of Evil.

Samayel_ likes this.
  9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Also apparently Durge is back in Canon

Force Smuggler likes this.
  10. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017
    When did this happen?

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Preview for the new Aphra comic. Durge shows up

BookExogorth likes this.
  12. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Spoilers.

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Ah well to late to tag it now

14. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    Even with season 7 of Clone Wars being finished I still find more enjoyment in the microseries. Love both shows absolutely, but the visual storytelling in the microseries is incredible. Give me Mace Windu punching droids anyday.

Darth__Lobot, BigAl6ft6 and Samayel_ like this.
  15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I like TCW more due to the actual story and how long it plays out. You really get to know the characters

Ahsoka's Tano and TetsuAero like this.
  16. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Replying to this post from the Visions thread in a more appropriate one.

I had no idea that Bane was originally meant to be Durge. Very glad that changed, as I was never crazy about Durge, but Cad Bane is one of my favorite bounty hunters. He's the Lee Van Cleef to Boba Fett's Clint Eastwood.

TetsuAero likes this.
  17. Samayel_

Samayel_ Jedi Master star 2

Sep 26, 2012
    Sorry, I´m a 2D animator and CW played a big role on that, also, I´m a huge fan of Tartakovsky´s work. I still can remember the excitement the first time I saw the TV announcement for the microseries, and chapter 20, for me is one of my favorites moments in all SW, I even had nightmares with Grievous when I saw it for first time. Let´s also consider that the early development of the microseries took just 2 weeks, the look of the characters, the concept art, the basic plot lines, all in just 2 weeks! and even with that limited time, is able to be compared with a huge production like TCW.
    I really love TCW, but it took waaaaaay longer to reach points as high as CW, CW reached a lot in just 2 hours!! we´re talking about a master piece there (plus my very subjective emotional attachment) for me, the 2D series wins easyli.

18. AEHoward33

AEHoward33 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2019
    Neither series did to me.

I've never seen the original version of "The Clone Wars". I'm watching the version that dates back to 2008. I'm enjoying it . . . on a certain level. But the more I watch it, the more I come to the conclusion that a series about the Clone Wars was never really needed to "enhance" the Prequel Trilogy or make me understand the latter. Actually, "The Clone Wars" seemed to serve better as a back drop for "The Mandalorian".

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
    TetsuAero likes this.
  19. TetsuAero

TetsuAero Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    Yeah as a Swede, i had no idea the first series existed until after RotS had been released.

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I didn’t know about the series until like 2013 or something

21. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Hm? As a Swede, I watched the micro series when it was released. It was on Cartoon Network, and available online.

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    You guys have Cartoon Network in Sweden?

23. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Yup.
    Or we used to at least. No idea what linear TV looks like these days.

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    We didn’t even get CN in Canada. We had something else. I forget, but I know it wasn’t called Cartoon Network. Although most Cartoon Network shows were found there.

25. I prefer the micro show because its how i imagined the Clone Wars when i watched the Prequels Anakin dont have a Padawan, Ventress dont turn good, Clones are not brainwashed, Anakin is like in the movies, Grievous is powerful enough to the point he collect lightsabers like trophies, no Darth Maul i like some episodes of TCW but the microshow its my version of Clone Wars

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2021
    Lady_Skywalker87 likes this.