main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rocky M, NC MUST WATCH VIDEO!!!!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by joe-da, Feb 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediRiff

JediRiff Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2002
    Most excellent! :) And thanks for refreshing my memory. Actually, with the wife heading out today, barring more bad weather, I am planning to hit the cinema grill tonight to see the Last Samurai, if its playing, and Passion of the Christ tomorrow night. Anyone is welcome to come along, if you want. :)

2. joe-da

joe-da Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    Times?

Might catch Eurotrip tonight...

3. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Yep, Eurotrip was good. :) And we scored tickets to the 9:30 showing of Passion of the Christ tonight. If anyone else wants to go, you better give the Premiere a call NOW, and you might still be able to get a ticket for the 9:30pm showing tonight. Just a heads up!

4. Lodreh

Lodreh Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2002
    So how was Passion?

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force. If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."

5. joe-da

Aug 7, 2002
    Great, actually!

6. joe-da

Aug 7, 2002
    Janine's tape was finished this weekend.

7. jkg_vader

jkg_vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Yeah!!!! Can you mail it?????

p.o box #207
    Swansboro, NC

I can send you mula for the postage if you'd like.

8. joe-da

Aug 7, 2002
    I can mail it.
    As for postage, don't worry about it unless you are sending A LOT of money - I mean A LOT - MUCH, TONS!!

Otherwise, it's not worth my while to fool with it..

9. joe-da

Aug 7, 2002
    I've finally devised the ending - a surprise one, nonetheless - for the planned, upcoming movie...
    I believe a movie needs a groovy ending, or else you get a "hunh?" response from viewers...

The movie's title, however, has not been set in stone. The working title, as I mentioned some time back, is the name of some book... Oh, yeah, I sure it's a GOOOOD book..... grumble, grumble, take my name... grumble ... fume.... snort...

Whether or not I can still USE the name is irrelevant. I want something unique - or as unique as you can get these days...

The story is about a friendship that is tested... of course, that's the basics, in the same vein as saying the LOTR trilogy is about a short guy tossing a ring into a hole.

And how is it a "horror" movie? It just is...

I can reveal more... oh, yes, yes...

EDIT:

By the by, who wants to play the insane guy? Not "institutionalized" insane, but a guy who snaps and does some not-so-nice things?? When we first see him, he does not appear this way, though.. but it doesn't take long for his other-ness to kick in.

Who wants to play his buddy, who thinks the guy was just joking around all these years, but discovers "Hey, this guy's really crazy... and dangerous (not in a Darkwing Duck "Let's get dangerous!" way, either)..

More casting calls later...

Let's see... walk-on in-the-background couple (Garners - check), Riff & Dennis Fett roles (check, if they'll take them)

More movie synopsis & info later...

I'm also slowly (so far) devising a "fanfic" Star Wars film... More info later...

10. Entropy

Entropy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    So, are you going to tell us the surprise ending? :) As for a crazy person, I nominate any of the people who frequent this board. They are quite obviously mad.

11. Lodreh

Jul 2, 2002
    But we have so much fun.

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force. If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."

12. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Booga!

As for Passion of the Christ.... wow. I dont think there was a dry eye in the house. Some folks were just outright sobbing. It is hard to watch.

13. joe-da

Aug 7, 2002
    Answers/comments: Mayhaps, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes & yes.

14. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    You are just a plethora of answers, today, Joe-da!

15. joe-da

Aug 7, 2002
    yes... Hey, I did it again...

16. joe-da

Aug 7, 2002
    Janine, I mailed the video today. It'll smell of wampas.

I recorded over part of a video a buddy had given me, Titan AE, I think was the name of it (I don't have it in front of me) which wasn't that great (to me - and he didn't think so either upon watching). He just got it for like $1 or so (cheaper than a blank..) because it had a Star Wars reference on the front.

What I sent was the Halloween footage only. It's only like 11 minutes and some change, because that's when my battery was messing up.

Wish I could have gotten more of your husband for you, but hindsight....
    During the contest, I was cutting stuff short because the battery was about to give out - AGAIN...
    But the part with "Sweet Pea" was CUT SHORT IN CASE HE WAS going to "take it off" as the crowd was cheering..
    I didn't want to take any chances.

Oh, and you can tell where - unknownst at the time - Will had either licked or fingered the camera, so there's like a small smudge print that shows up after the Tiki Warrior scene...

I didn't send the UFO mockumentary, because no one else around here has seen it yet, plus, I'll probably wait until I have more stuff to send.

The new movie is dead... long live the (new) new movie!!!!

17. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Huzzah!

18. joe-da

Aug 7, 2002
    ne jabba no badda

19. jkg_vader

Jul 31, 2003
    The video was great; got it yesterday; thanks so much for adding one bit of sunchine to an otherwise terrible day. One of our dogs had to get put down rather suddenly yesterday, and it was absolutely terrible. The video made me smile.

Again, thanks.

20. Lodreh

Jul 2, 2002
    Sorry to hear that Lady Vader... my grandfather's twin passed away last night so I've been having a rather difficult day myself.

Lod-Reh SaJon ~

21. joe-da

Aug 7, 2002
    Yikes!

22. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Sorry to hear of bad news, folks. I hope everything is doing better today.

23. jkg_vader

Jul 31, 2003
    We got a new puppy to help ease the pain, so things are a bit better.

How's your Grandfather handling things?

24. Lodreh

Jul 2, 2002
    This was my grandfather on my father's side... he passed away soon after I was born... my father on the other hand is still a bit shaky.

Lod-Reh SaJon ~

25. joe-da

Aug 7, 2002
    My grandfather on my father's side was one of a "twin" set. But he was deceased before I was born.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.