main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

O.K. I gave my child a Star Wars Name...

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by midichloriless, Aug 22, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ree Yees

Ree Yees Jedi Youngling star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    Peko Peko is a very cool name for a bird hihi now I must find a bird...

I have read a lot of interviews with people who named their children after Star Wars characters, and I still haven't decided whether this is insane or cool heheh.

Anyway, should I ever get the crazy idea of having kids as opposed to an egoistic, self-centered and amusing form of life, I think I'd find a name that reminded me of Star Wars, but didn't remind the rest of the world what a SW nut I am.

:)

(No offense to parents with Star kiddies meant)

2. Fall-on-Jin

Fall-on-Jin Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 22, 2001
    When I am mature enough to have kids, I want to name a boy Corran or a Girl Mara-Jade.

The problem is, If you call one of your childen a star wars name, and the rest other names, thats childs siblings will not like you beacuse they think that you like the star was named one more. This happens wen a father names his son after him, and not hiss other son.

Oh yea, When we get a new Cat im going to starve myself until its called Chewie :)

3. ComicDude

ComicDude Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 9, 2001
    I'm naming my son Luke. Considering what my first name is! ;) ;)

4. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    If this is a recent development, first of all congratulations on the baby! I like the name, seems like Mara Jade is the popular choice among SW parents. Probably because it's a cool name that sounds close enough to something from Earth (I can't see someone named Jar Jar Smith).
    I like the name Jacen, mostly because my name is spelled Geoff which alot of people find unusual so I can appreciate a different spelling. Of course if I ever had twins convincing my wife to let me name the daughter Jaina as well will be kinda IMPOSSIBLE!
    If I ever had to change my name I would go for something like Robert Andrew Fett; so I can get the letters addressed as "Bob A. Fett"

5. Ariana Lang

Ariana Lang Jedi Youngling star 5

Oct 10, 1999
    Guys, I actually know someone named Luke Sky Walker. And he was born in 1965. Somehow, his hippie parents (hence the "Sky") accidently stumbled upon that. So imagine when he was in junior high and all of the sudden there's Luke Skywalker on the screen. Apparently, he was half revered, half made fun of for it.

6. Arabwel

Arabwel Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 20, 2001
    I think that if I ever have children, they're probaby adopted, but I'd like to name my son Corran. The name simply sounds good and isn't that odd.

Ara
    (just hanging around...)

7. viceroy99

viceroy99 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 8, 2001
    My husband and I desided that if we have a daughter we would make her Amidala (Ami for short), We have a son, whos nickname is "yoda", and he is a big star wars fan, at only 2 years old.

8. Just_A_Slacker

Just_A_Slacker Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 4, 2001
    While naming your kids Corran, Anakin, and Jar Jar might sound cool in the planning stages or while they are little, keep in mind they will go to junior high where EVERYONE will pick on them.

I'd have given some kid named Anakin a daily assbeating just on principle.

Just think about how much you like the name versus their future therapy bills.

9. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    If I had a boy, I'd name him Dengar...but then he'd think he was named after the cat. :)

10. Quickstrike34

Quickstrike34 Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 27, 2001
    I'd Proabbly name mine Anakin Skywalker :)

11. Antilles2001

Antilles2001 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 20, 2001
    Even though I would want to name my kid Wedge,I think he will be made fun of:"Wedgie"
    I think "Wes"(for Wes Janson) or maybe "Zev"
    (Zev Senesca).Even though I planned out my kid's name,I have a LONG way to go before I get a kid.I'm 11 years old for cryn' out loud! ;)

12. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    Giving my son a Star Wars name was only a fleeting thought. And, honestly, I don't regret giving him a very traditional name. I think it's cool when parents like a certain SW name enough to use it for their child, but that's just not the way *I* do things.

Jacob Alexander Green gets enough smiles (and will probably be teased) for his initials alone. JAG. He's only 6 months old. A woman I know loves the *show* Jag, and thinks it's absolutely the coolest thing we could have done... even though that's not at all what we were trying to do.

And I won't be naming any of my other kids after SW characters, either. I just feel like they need their *own* name. :)

kreleia ^.^

P.S. Did anyone else notice the guy named Lando on that show "Lost"? I wonder how much crap he takes for his name...

13. Jedi_Giz

Jedi_Giz Jedi Youngling

Jan 3, 2002
    I wanna name my daughter Padme`! :D

14. Gokus_lightsaber

Gokus_lightsaber Jedi Youngling

Jan 4, 2002
    I'm gonna call my kid Droideka.

WHAT?? :mad:

15. Bossk_BountyHunter

Bossk_BountyHunter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 3, 2002
    If I ever had a daughter the middle names would be Padme Amidala.

16. HRH-Dior-Daala

HRH-Dior-Daala Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2001
    my mother had a student named Darth.
    everyone teased him.
    be careful with the names.

17. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    Well since we're on sw baby names, my husband and have decided when we have kids we're naming them with sw names, but using EU, so its not obvious.

We don't have any real boy names picked out. Girls names we have 3.

Callista
    Mara Jade
    Jysella

I can't recall who named their boy talon karrde, I wanted to let you know I think thats awesome!

18. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Hmmm...maybe Ben (not Obi-Wan because I wouldn't want to put a child through any teasing) for a boy and possibly Sache for a girl...

:D Been working on those since I last posted here... ;)

19. Gokus_lightsaber

Gokus_lightsaber Jedi Youngling

Jan 4, 2002
    no wait.. I'm gonna call my kid this

First name: Boba

Middle Name: Fat-Cheeks

Last Name: My last name of course

Boba Fat Cheeks!! :)

ive been thinking about naming a dog or cat chewie.. My Uncle has a horse named Skywalker, but he said it's not because of starwars, (the horse is a paint) he said the dots remind him of the night sky........

i guess that's appropriate

20. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    My son is named Lucas. I call him Luke.
    My wife picked the name though. So I really Can't say I gave him a SW name.

21. IfAnakinLikedJazz

IfAnakinLikedJazz Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    upping this....it's pretty cool

Mara Jade Steranko.....do you think that works.......caus i like it!! but i'm not planning on kids anytime soon

22. DarthMaulX2

DarthMaulX2 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2002
    I'm going to name my kids yoda and yaddle.

23. Marie_Kenobi

Marie_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 12, 2002
    I'm only 15, so kids for me are still only a thought of the (very distant) future, but if I had a boy, his name would be either Luke, Obi-Wan (although he would probably be teased relentlessly) or Garen. I love the latter name. And a girl would be either Padme or Amidala or maybe even Eirtae, though I'm sure people would butcher the pronunciation.

24. Marie_Kenobi

Marie_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 12, 2002
    I also forgot to mention that we have a baby squirrel we are hand raising to release and she's the first female we've gotten in years, so to celebrate, I named her Padme. (Much to my brother's dismay.) [face_laugh]

25. MsFormula

MsFormula Jedi Youngling star 3

May 20, 2002
    Don't know if I can even have kids. I wanted to name a girl if I had one after a X-Men charater. Haven't thought to much about Star Wars names till now. I do like the name Jango though. Maybe if I get a male ferret (since I have 2 females right now), I'll name it after Jango. It's more cooler naming a pet after something like Star Wars then a human being.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.