main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Obi-Wan Kenobi - Part 4 - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Jun 7, 2022.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Jun 15, 2022.
  1. 10

8.1%
  2. 9

15.2%
  3. 8

22.8%
  4. 7

23.4%
  5. 6

11.2%
  6. 5

7.1%
  7. 4

5.6%
  8. 3

2.0%
  9. 2

2.0%
  10. 1

2.5%
  1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I think her obsession with finding Jedi and gaining favor is her sole purpose.

Lulu Mars likes this.
  2. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014

They did deserve to be seen as not just competent...but dangerous in Rebels. Some scenes..maybe even a couple episodes...that focused on them defeating Jedi knights or masters. Show that they are that dangerous and that it is a feat for our heroes to just survive let alone defeat them.

3. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    Nope, not just you. I think she is amazing.

naw ibo likes this.
  4. Ody_Mandrell

Ody_Mandrell Jedi Grand Master star 1

Dec 28, 2003
    That's one. On the death star, however, they are unable to hit the heroes from a few feet away.

5. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    Here are the RT and IMDB audience scores for the Disney era of Live Action:

TFA - 85% - 7.8 IMDB
    TLJ - 42% - 6.9 IMDB
    TROS - 86% - 6.5 IMDB
    RO - 86% - 7.8 IMDB
    Solo - 64% - 6.9 IMDB
    Mandalorian - 91% - 8.7 IMDB
    Book of Boba Fett - 54% - 7.4 IMDB
    Obi-Wan Kenobi - 54% - 7.5 IMDB

Those are some huge range differences in some cases.

Glitterstimm likes this.
  6. Darth Weavile

Darth Weavile Jedi Master star 3

Oct 10, 2017
    I honestly hate the idea of Vader and Obi-Wan meeting between ROTS and ANH. I think it completely destroys their final meeting on the Death Star.

JEDI-SOLO and Asplundhe like this.
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    You wouldn’t think there would be that much difference between rotten tomatoes and IMBD. I am assuming the RT score is the audience score and not the critic one?
    I wonder why?

8. DrDre

DrDre Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 6, 2015
    Many main characters in Star Wars in TV or otherwise has been scrutinized abd criticized: Anakin, Dooku, Maul, Jar Jar, Greivous, and just recently Boba Fett in his own TV show. Conversly, other characters have been well liked regardless of the character's gender or race: Ashoka, Mace Windu, Din Jarin, Fennec Shand, Cara Dune, Greef Karga, etc.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2022
    Christopher Blair and Slater like this.
  9. Slater

Slater Jedi Master star 2

Oct 12, 2014
    Moses has absolutely received vile backlash from racist morons. Same thing as Kelley. Which sucks ****. Nobody deserves that and besides that, the shows issues are very obviously writing related not actors doing there best with what they got.

DrDre likes this.
  10. Christopher Blair

Christopher Blair Jedi Master star 4

Dec 23, 2015
    Correct Star Wars for awhile has had a villain problem with not very interesting ones. the inquisitors could have been not only meanicing but interesting. However they have reduced them to the bare minimum in the show to just cannon fodder, maybe a half A Step Above Stormtroopers, but just barely. When you see how they were used in Jedi Fallen order in the limited amount of screen time they had. For those that don't know none of the inquisitors actually featured that much screen time in Jedi Fallen order, but when they were on screen they were menacing, interesting, well written characters unlike this show.

Chris0013, Slater and DrDre like this.
  11. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    I share the enthusiasm for the Inquisitors. I prefer every one of them over more generic antagonists like Rampart or Kostantine. I just don't think they should be people to be liked.

In this series, they have just shown us an entire room of what are, most likely, Jedi fallen to the Inquisitors. I understand that they are not showing us their victories, but this is as brutal, dangerous and successful as we have seen them. A big part of the show to me, actually, is how dangerous and good at what they do they actually are. I remember people, back in the Rebels days, that seriously theorized that Kenobi by himself could take on 4 or 5 Inquisitors at once with little to no problem. This series has been excellent in my opinion at giving some more grounded perspectives on the issue.

Still, I was talking about charisma, and likability. They shouldn't be likable. Torbin, Malorum, Hydra, even Tremayne had this attribute in common: unpleasant, unlikeable persons whose company one wouldn't enjoy. I'm not getting any different vibes from Reva. It's all a matter of taste, but I think Moses Ingram has done a pretty good job at showing us the kind of (quite bad) persons the Inquisitors really are.

12. Christopher Blair

Dec 23, 2015
    I don't know about this, I know she can act because of Queens Gambit but besides the writing being awful, her delivery is also not great with these weird dramatic pauses like she's William Shatner, it is messed up all the way around, from direction to writing, to acting to me.

The Chalk Jedi and DrDre like this.
  13. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Weird, dramatic pauses?
    Honestly, I think you're seeing things that aren't there. There's nothing weird or overly dramatic about Moses' acting. It's perfectly organic and believable.

Reva is the most compelling new Star Wars villain since... Well, it's been a while.
    And the writing is great, in my opinion.

I simply love this series. Which makes me a winner! [face_peace][face_party]

14. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    I think Reva comes across as awkward. she certainly isn't charismatic. And its hard to tell whether thats intentional or not.

15. Christopher Blair

Dec 23, 2015
    Honestly I wish I could feel the same way as you do, but it just does not work for me at all on any level. Every time I get a glimmer of hope like last week's episode where I thought the acting and writing improved to some extent, this week we were right back down in the dreck which makes me sad. Especially compared to episode episode 1 where we had a interesting Grand Inquisitor speech and a great interaction between owen and Obi Wan. We go from that Apex to one of the worst interrogation scenes I've ever seen in this week's episode.

16. Darth Weavile

Darth Weavile Jedi Master star 3

Oct 10, 2017
    The problem is they’re trying to have a character arc with Reva in a series about Obi-Wan, so it’s all rushed and confusing.

The Chalk Jedi likes this.
  17. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Moses Ingraham is miscast in the role. It’s not her fault but she’s just totally wrong for the part and the producers should’ve realized that from the start.

Christopher Blair likes this.
  18. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
    Rupert Friend's portrayal of the Grand Inquisitor, while adequate, actually happens to be one of the weaker less strong points in the series for me. He has his moments, but overall, he's much less interesting to me than the more prominent characters.

Glitterstimm likes this.
  19. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    I mean, very often in story telling both the protagonist and antagonist have character arcs

and Moses Ingram is perfect in the role, she’s not miscast at all

20. Christopher Blair

Dec 23, 2015
    If you don't see it I cant help you but go back to the interrogation scene every line is delivered with these weird pauses in between lines as she just stares into space.

If you go to 10:30 in this video you can see another professional actress explain it better than maybe I can if you're interested.

21. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
    I've seen it four times and studied her intently. There are no weird pauses. She's 100% real.

KyleKartan and Ody_Mandrell like this.
  22. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    Cara Dune absolutely received criticism even before the infamous controversy, and Fennec Shand was blamed of stealing Boba Fett's role of badass and of being devoid of any arc/development/motivation.
    Then there is Rey...... and Rose.... and Holdo.... don't we see any pattern?

23. Christopher Blair

Dec 23, 2015
    My theory for this and I could totally be wrong is I think Rotten Tomatoes is the McDonald's of the review world. even my mom and dad who are in their 70s knows what Rotten Tomatoes is, neither one of them know what IMDB is. Is there any way to see how many votes are for each website?

24. Slater

Slater Jedi Master star 2

Oct 12, 2014
    Since Trilla, the character they took 90 percent of Reva's material from?

Def Trooper likes this.
  25. Christopher Blair

Dec 23, 2015
    Really bad to me, but glad you enjoyed her performance.

Lulu Mars likes this.