main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Official "Obi-Wan Kenobi" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darkslayer, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    No to holding on Cassian. I want that show first.

2. ScreamingWoman2019

ScreamingWoman2019 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2018
    In fact, it's not an unlikely place. We know the jedi master and the boy are there.
    So, maybe this is a new character's POV. The beginning of a story, told years after it happened by its protagonist.Tatooine-a harsh desert world where farmers toil in the heat of two suns...

'Infant' means 'baby'. Also, 'jedi master in hiding, or' and not 'jedi master in hiding, and'. Maybe they'll be met independently.

Speculation, of course, but normally you go backwards in order to go forwards and vice versa.

'Is he the chosen one?' asks Maul. Why 'he' and not 'she'?

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
  3. Master Cado Afu

Master Cado Afu Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 1, 2020
    I would guess it's just a general plot summary for a general audience.

And the six episodes may span years as well, who knows?

We pick up where Obi-Wan drops Luke off, hence the "orphaned infant boy"... and six episodes cover 12 to 15 years, maybe?

Or it can also take place over a very short timespan.

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I think a short timespan a few years after ROTS would be best

5. RetropME

RetropME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2017
    I can't help but agree here... My fanboy self wants Obi Wan first and I absolutely love The Mandalorian but Cassian has the potential to be the single most interesting Star Wars project out of everything currently being developed*.

*That we know of. ;)

Force Smuggler and Bor Mullet like this.
  6. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I believe the official SW site confirmed this would take place eight years after ROTS. Could be wrong, but pretty sure it was eight.

Billy_Dee_Binks likes this.
  7. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jedi Master Frizzy Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    yeah it is 8 years, it was rumored for while that they have casted young Luke and Leia. So we get some Bail and Alderaan.

Billy_Dee_Binks likes this.
  8. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
  9. Aah Fisto

Aah Fisto Jedi Master star 2

May 30, 2020
    I know it will never happen.. but all of these old links and nods to EU and legends in The Mandalorian gives me a tiny tiny shred of hope of A’sharad Hett

10. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    There were some rumours about him being in the show but that was before all the script changes so who knows now.

Aah Fisto likes this.
  11. I hope young Luke is in Kenobi and they canon some things like Luke skywalker walkabout or the duel with Hett they can replace Hett with Grievous maybe

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2020
  12. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    Kenobi is filming in Boston, England. We was duped!

RetropME, MrDarth0 and Bor Mullet like this.
  13. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Boston, Massachusetts did seem like an odd choice. :p

14. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    Whereas the vast sand desserts of the UK will be a perfect choice, right? :p

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  15. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    A “sand dessert” doesn’t sound very tasty. Sounds like Anakin’s worst nightmare. :p But yes the UK makes far more sense as it’s where almost every single Star Wars film was shot.

RetropME, my kind of scum, B3 and 2 others like this.
  16. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Boston Massachusetts isn’t known for its vast film industry. :p I have never heard of Boston, England to be fair though.

Huh Boston is named after Boston England. Knowing early America I am amazed they didn’t name it new Boston

Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
  17. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    Actually, speaking as someone that works in film and lives just outside of Boston, Mass, there actually is a lot going on over here. Netflix does a lot of productions in this area, Rian Johnson's Knives Out shot in Boston, New Mutants, etc. Way more than one would imagine, considering we aren't LA/NY/Atlanta.

Boston seemed like an odd choice for Star Wars, especially a Kenobi series, but I figured it could have been a flashback or vision in the Force. Some Imperial hallways for Rogue One were shot in subway tunnels that were, of course, decorated and then further modified digitally... and Boston has tons of those!

18. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    Haha freaking autocorrect. Yeah but I will presume Kenobi will be entirely on Tattooine? Maybe not though! I would be very excited to see him go off planet for various purposes.

Or they could just have named it Bahstahn.

19. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    It's Boston, England. Lincolnshire.

I don't know if there's a high tech studio there.
    But if Google Images is to believed, it's all classic old buildings. It'd make a decent Naboo Theed with a bit of CG assistance.

RetropME and Mostly Handless like this.
  20. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I’m sure it will be primarily set on Tatooine but I imagine a great majority of filming will take place in the Volume.

RetropME likes this.
  21. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
    Pretty sure that's the planet Mayfield is from.

22. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Its already been said they will use the same technology they use fore Mando. so i dunno how much real location work would be done anyway.

I don't think the show will be all set on Tatooine somehow. there is probably gonna be more locations. especially if they do flashbacks which is rumoured.

Mostly Handless likes this.
  23. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
    Our Boston is a fairly generic market town, much smaller than the American version, and doesn’t have any filming studios/sound stages that I’ve ever heard of, so this is probably just a location shoot.
    They may also be planning to use rural Lincolnshire for filming. The area is quite flat and marshy, and could make a good alien planet.

Bor Mullet and GregMcP like this.
  24. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Welcome to Boston.
    This is the first YouTube that turned up about the town.

25. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
    I went off a bit speculating about this show in another thread about the more mystical elements of the Force in TCW and Rebels, but I thought that my comments would be worth posting in the Obi-Wan thread itself as well since they are theories about this show in relation to what we've seen previously in the animated shows:

Vialco likes this.