main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Acolyte Official “The Acolyte” Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Darth Chiznuk , Apr 22, 2020.

1. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    What about the racism to the Rose Tico character because she is Asian?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    That’s the fans fault not Lucasfilms. If anything I think it’s more to her being a women then being Asian. Not saying Star Wars fans are racist. But I think there are more sexist “fans” than racist ones.

3. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    Oh my bad I thought you meant the fans sorry. Obviously Disney isn't racist there CEO Is a moderate Republican and Disney is about Entertainment not politics but just look at Turning Red or Live Action Beauty And The Beast or The Little Mermaid Disney is very Politically correct and progressive! And I think it's Anti Feminist and Racism why Rose Tico was picked on by fans these fans are in the minority. But the Anti Feminists are the reason people don't like Kathleen Kennedy IMHO

Last edited: Feb 24, 2024
  4. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Yeah. Acolyte and Andor S2 are my top most-anticipated shows at the moment.

devilinthedetails likes this.
  5. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    If anything. Anything without a writers room worries me. Which is Ahsoka, Mando, Skeleton Crew. All other currently airing shows or soon to be airing shows have a writers room. Hell. The bad batch has one. IMO being able to bounce your ideas off each other like that is key to good television. Great television

6. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    Well, since possible controversial sides of this series is the most popular topic here - wonder if it will feature a deeper criticism of the Republic than "bureaucracy is slow and bad" in The Mandalorian and Ahsoka - like drawing parallels between the Republic's policy regarding the worlds of the Outer Rim and IRL neocolonialism.

7. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    Well, the last 3 pages that I bothered to read were a total of waste of time.

Do we know if this is coming out on June 5th, or are these just unsubstantiated rumors at this point? I know it was not officially released as news, but I was under the impression that it's pretty much common knowledge at this point. I hope so, the trailer for this looks sick, and it would be nice to get some new Star Wars just before the summer begins.

For Star Wars:
    Writer's room with Filoni > Filoni writing alone >>>> any other writer's room > JJ Abrams writing alone >>>>>>> RJ writing alone

cwustudent likes this.
  8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Right now it’s collider reporting it. So take that as you will. Again I wouldn’t fully trust any source unless it’s coming from Hollywood reporter or deadline.

both deadline and Reporter have much more at stake to get something wrong than random websites. So they will usually at the very least only report something if it’s triple confirmed.

9. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    Collider is accurate they don't make stuff up there basically a review Hollywood trade source not clickbait!

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Yes, but I am still going to trust Hollywood more. As they haven’t been wrong

11. artooo

artooo Jedi Master star 2

Nov 6, 2012
    If the leaked release date is accurate then we should be getting a trailer within the next month or two considering the gap between the first Ahsoka trailer and the release date.

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I wouldn’t be surprised if we also get a trailer attached to the TPM rerelease. When they rereleased Rogue One right before Andor they gave a trailer for Andor there

13. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    Very funny. :) Yes, I’m quite familiar with those films having been obsessed with them my entire life. What I meant was not everyone “has” the ability or the knowledge to control the force, especially not without training. It’s potential can be inherited, (possibly midichlorian concentration is inherited) but the ability to control it and use it must be something that is learned and trained for. Both Luke and Rey didn’t even know the force was a real thing until they were told. Luke’s master told him about it and he was able to use it shortly thereafter but wasn’t able to harness it really well until years afterwards. Rey on the other hand, finds out the force is an actual real thing and then proceeds to perform a Jedi mind trick on pretty much the same day. This is a power that would’ve taken Obi-Wan many years to learn based on the old lore. Rey even beats Kylo Ren (who was training under Luke for years) with zero guidance or training. When I talk about the crappy storytelling and the the sequel trilogy writers not understanding the lore, this is the sort of thing I mean.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2024
    ShayaLothal and Watcherwithin like this.
  14. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Hey Daddy, we're long past this discussion. Let's keep it on track for The Acolyte and keep discussion of the ST elsewhere.

15. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    Thoroughly looking forward to The Acolyte.

Immortiss likes this.
  16. Watcherwithin

Watcherwithin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2017
    It’s hard to believe you aren’t just being bigoted when you say your biggest concern is that diversity is front and centre. Once again, if the story is bad it won’t be because it took so much time and effort to make it diverse that they couldn’t write well

17. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I'm not saying this a third time.

18. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jedi Master Frizzy Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    So how about The Acolyte eh

19. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
    Speaking of the Acolyte…
    https://magazinec.com/style/meet-am...82851&utm_medium=social&utm_source=linkin.bio

20. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    Seems quite possible that the topic of strict conceptions around the Force is going to be both the most interesting and controversial one in this series.

Mostly Handless likes this.
  21. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Hopefully they will steer us all past unpopular conceptions of the Force by focusing on the prophecy of Force conception!

You're welcome!

22. Clone8looper

Clone8looper Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 5, 2023
    Seems like they might be dealing with ideas and philosophies of fundamentalism.

Ooof. Tread carefully Disney.

Mostly Handless likes this.
  23. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I’ve not been paying a tonne of attention, but someone popped up on my FB feed discussing
    Darth Nihilus
    of all things.

24. TheSithApologetic

TheSithApologetic Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 8, 2022
    I hope so. I hope the series shows the hidden, dotting corruption in the galaxy and the Republic where the Golden Age isn’t truly so golden anymore. And that corruption allow the Sith to come into play and use that corruption to eventually topple the Republic and establish a regime of order over the chaos. I want an in-depth view of this and their perspective. Unbiased.

whostheBossk and Foreign32567 like this.
  25. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
    We already know that the Republic has to become corrupt by TPM, 100 years later. So I assume that Acolyte will show us the point when that rot truly set in.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2024