main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OFFICIAL: C4 Is The Bomb Thread: C4 in LA, May 24-28 2007

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Jedi_Dajuan, Apr 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SSDExecutor

SSDExecutor Jedi Master star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    Awesome! I'm already starting to look into places and pricing! [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

Edit: ValedaKor, two weeks on jury duty :eek: - I bet you're glad that's over! Any suggestions on good places to stay that are close to the center?

2. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    [face_dancing] I was right :D Just had the date off a little. Hahaha. :D :D

3. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    Finally, the real planning can start.

I already know about how much the air fares are going to cost me, so it's the cost of a hotel room that will be the next big kicker.

And I should get Hyperspace in another couple of weeks/months too now.

And this bit should help some of the concerns from C3:
    Edit:
    Heh, mine's been in for "April to late May 2007" for a couple of months now. Just have to go back and refine the dates with my boss.

4. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    Yay for the announcement finally being up!

I guess this means I am going to have to rejoin the fanclub, though, if I want to attend the whole thing. Joy. [face_plain]

5. bluesaber

bluesaber Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 18, 2000
    Anyone know of a couple of good hotels in the area that are close to the convention center?

6. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    I guess I'll be buying into the fan club any day now.

7. buzz57

buzz57 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2002
    Good luck people, because I won't be there. It's too far away for me. i hope everyone has a good time. I will say this again, LA is not the place for this sort of thing, the people who run this made a sad mistake.

8. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    lol...I bet all those people running for fan club president are a bit miffed that this forced subscription purchase in order to be there for all the days might have allowed them to win.

Due to it being on Memorial Day weekend, I doubt I'll be able to go, which is sorta dissappointing.

9. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Well it's official. I think it's time to bring in the LA FanForce so we can pick thier brains on the best places to stay, eat and have fun at.

10. DarthRageFist

DarthRageFist Jedi Youngling

Jan 24, 2005
    I'm not sure about good hotels but here's how I found some hotels that where close to the convention center:

The address for the LA Convention Center is:

1201 South Figueroa Street
    Los Angeles, CA 90015

I went to mapquest.com and typed that address in to get a map of where the convention center is. Then, I went to the "Find Nearby" box, clicked the Hotels category and I found a bunch of hotels that are within walking distance of the convention center. Now I just need to do some more research and find out which ones are good. I hope that this helps.

11. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    I had a feeling this was going to happen. I said to a mate of mine last night that I had a feeling they were going to announce it around the anniversary date, and if it were, it would probably be in the middle of the night UK time! And I was right. I didn't know anything until I got home from work! :D

I booked off my vacation time for the last two weeks in May at work today purely on a feeling...damn, I really should trust my instincts more often! My insight serves me well, and all that! :D

Time off work...check!
    Money to pay for the flight/hotel...check!
    Lose some weight before going to LA...ongoing, but underway!
    Realising that you're going to be in California, the spiritual home of Star Wars for the 30th anniversary: Priceless!

That's it...time to start packing! :p

12. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    I should definitely be there, since it's so close to me. I'm looking forward to it :).

13. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Holiday Inn L.A./City Center is the absolute closest -- that may be reserved for VIPs, though. Wilshire Grand, Quality Inn, Comfort Inn L.A. and the Biltmore are "next in line," as it were. Note that I'm leaving some of the so-called boutique hotels out of this equation -- I'd have to check out the Mayfair or the Ritz-Milner and the like before I could recommend them.

Of course, it will also depend on what hotels the convention committee reserves; it may be for some reason that the hotels I've already mentioned aren't included in the hotel block. One can still make reservations there, of course, it's just that you won't receive a specific convention rate.

14. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Wow, I'm kind of surprised they picked LA, but it'll be nice to go back and visit the state I grew up in as a little kid.

Hey Dajuan, what happened to that sign-in sheet we had last year?

15. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    To stay -- see my other post; will have more info on that as needed.
    To eat -- just off the top of my head, The Original Pantry (owned by a former ex-mayor) is very popular, and open 24 hours. Cheap places -- will have to refresh my memory. I'm planning a field trip this weekend.
    To have fun -- weeelll, this might be more difficult -- free time might be hard to come by! The beaches and Disneyland are not too far away, and Universal Studios is very close -- but you'll need a car for anything I might mention. Unfortunately downtown L.A. is not like Indy, where everything is a hop and a skip. We do have a subway available now, but this is definitely a place where a car is pretty much a must, if you want to get someplace in a timely fashion.

However -- I think a field trip to Grauman's Chinese is definitely in order, though!

16. SSDExecutor

SSDExecutor Jedi Master star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    Thanks ValedaKor. I've been using map sites to try and build a list of hotels that are close. None of them are actually taking reservations yet, but I remember from CIII that I reserved a room at the Best Western way before you could order the convention tickets (and get the hotel promo code) and by the time that came up I checked prices and wasn't better off using it instead of keeping my original reservation, we'll see if that hold up this time too.

17. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    ValedaKor by fun I pretty much mean hang out and drink. [face_devil]

18. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    I have it here. On my desk now infact. I ought to print up everyone who signed it last year.

19. JayTee_Erricck

JayTee_Erricck Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 2, 2004
    To gaiatha,

Thank you for posting notice of the official announcement! You have bragging rights in this post string! AWESOME! If you make it to CIV, I would be HONORED if you were to take a picture with me! [This is the first I've heard of the good news since logging in this morning. Right now it's about 6:38 a.m., Hawai'i time. Am up still 'cause I caught the midnight showing of the newly released X-Men 3 movie!]

I have every intention of being there at Celebration 4. And, to the idea of it being 5 days this time around instead of 4, I say, FAN-TAS-TIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May the [Good Side of the] Force be with us.

Jay Tee
    http://www.rebellegionhawaii.com << Featuring 9 pages of C3 photos with at least 2 more to come!

20. -_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_- Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 28, 2002
    I do not want to go to LA. :(

21. billowney

billowney Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2005
    Angry!!!!!!!!!!:mad: I can't believe they are going to "cut-off" some real fans from the east. Only the elite($) from the east and midwest will attend. I guess that's what it's all about, the money. Have a good time elite easterners, and casual westerners (of course they will never see this post because they don't really care about these movies anyway). :_|

Emotionnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!

Add this news to my brand new roof leak! Nice!:_|

22. DarthRageFist

Jan 24, 2005
    Neither do I but I'm going. I'm so hopelessly addicted to Star Wars that I'll do anything to get to this convention. I'm already saving up major amounts of cash to make it out to Comic-Con San Diego this summer. Now I'm going to end up saving for the rest of this year for Celebration IV.

Oh well, I'm sure I'll have a great time :)

23. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Uh, tell that to everyone who lives in Europe, Asia, and Australia. You've got it easy compared to them. LA is a much easier place to get to from outside of the US. Besides, you're talking about a $100 max price difference in a plane ticket.

24. billowney

billowney Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2005
    Uh, they are American movies. They (non-US) don't even know what a spork is.:oops:

25. DarthRageFist

Jan 24, 2005
    Wait a minute. So, since I'm from Minnesota and I'm attending this convention that makes me a rich person who doesn't care about the Star Wars movies? What are you talking about? I only make $25,000.00 a year and yet I'll be going to this convention by saving every spare dollar from every one of my paychecks for the rest of the year. Your arguement is completely flawed.

Maybe I'm just reading what you posted wrong. Hopefully I am.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.