main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Darth Vader in Rebels Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Rob Wainfur, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013

That or Kenobi. Though shoehorning Kenobi into the series would be difficult. Maul is past his prime at the moment, but I think Kenobi has suffered worse. Kenobi is 54 at this point, so he probably looks and acts near identical to his portrayal in A New Hope.
    I do agree that if Kenobi does not kill Maul, it has to be Vader. How great would it be if Vader killed both of Sidious's former apprentices? Just one more way to demonstrate himself as the loyal servant of Sidious. Maul vs. Vader would be a more close fight than Ahsoka vs. Vader, but it is quite clear that Vader would come out on top.
    I don't foresee much of Vader in Season 3. Vader has been used sparingly in Rebels because James Earl Jones commands a decent salary I would expect and Vader is too powerful to constantly be fighting the heroes. If Vader went all out in The Siege of Lothal, Kanan and Ezra would not have lasted more than about 10 or 15 seconds.

2. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    There is no reason for Maul v Vader; Maul even admits he cannot defeat him along. Vader didn't even mention him when questioning Ahsoka and Ezra.

melkor834 likes this.
  3. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Did Vader even know that Maul was there? The Inquisitors sure seemed surprised to see him.

4. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    The Inquisitors said they were aware of the rumour of "the shadow", but it seems Vader could care less.

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Then who was sending them to hunt Maul? Sheev? because if Sheev thought a bunch of inquisitors could defeat Maul he truly is delusional.

6. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Steve might have sent them out to see if the rumours were true.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I Don't know if its Auto correct or a Joke

8. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
  9. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    I should probably clarify. I'm not talking about knowing that Maul was around in general. I mean did he and they know that Maul was going to be at that temple at that specific time? Also Maul has already been dealt with by Kanan before Vader arrives.

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Vader and the inquisitors seemed more interested in the holocron then they did Maul

11. Kez-Iban

Kez-Iban Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    Anyone else think that we'll see Vader even less next season? If the Rebels continually survive encounters with Darth Vader he is going to start looking weaker than he should. After the events of the finale, Vader's report back to the Emperor is going to look pretty bad. The temple is destroyed, Ahsoka's fate is uncertain, 3 Inquisitors die, the holocron has been taken by a wounded Jedi and his apprentice, Vader's TIE fighter is possibly destroyed in the explosion, an Inquisitor's TIE is stolen, Maul, whom Vader may or may not have known was there is now on the loose, and Darth Vader himself is injured and was nearly killed. This is not going to look good to the Emperor. Maybe after how badly things went, the Emperor and Vader will want to focus more on destroying the average people in the Rebellion and stop focusing so much on hunting the Jedi.

DBPirate and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  12. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    They are also scouts / agents in this circumstance, Filoni said that if they are up against someone like Kenobi, they are calling help from Vader, so it's the same for Maul, when they see him, they immediately send word to Vader.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  13. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    I think that having Vader be injured, and Ahsoka at least being out of the picture (if not necessarily dead) will be the show's excuse to cut back on Vader's role next season. Or the excuse will be that he's off hunting down Maul or something.

14. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Vader was there for the Holocrom right? I couldn't really tell why he was there?

15. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    I think that he was there for the Holocrom since he almost immediately questions Ezra about how he managed to activate it. And he says something about the Holocrom's power "belonging to the Emperor" or something like that.

16. melkor834

melkor834 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2009

Yes. It's stated by Maul that the Inquisitors will report back to Vader and I've no doubt that they would have told Vader that he was there.

17. Anakin_Prime

Anakin_Prime Jedi Master star 2

Feb 27, 2005
    That last episode was moving along to be so epic for me. Then ended with me not even sure if I want to watch the series anymore. If Maul and Tano both fell in the last act by Vader, both would have left in amazing terms. Now I just feel like closure will never happen.... So many of us have wanted this for a long time, and they have utterly wussed out everytime. I am really annoyed... For the record, from the way the episode ended, I couldn't care less if Ezra goes darkside... Getting ridiculous..

Vialco and Knight Wolf like this.
  18. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    The holocron was clearly Vader’s priority, it was not even Ahsoka or Maul. And he knows that it’s now in the possession of Kanan and Ezra.
    Which means it’s very likely we’ll see Vader in season 3. It would not make sense why he would not try to get it back.

19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    He wanted the holocron because it actives the temple, but now that the temple is gone it could still hold secrets for him and sheev to Unlock.

20. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    He was still after the thing even when the temple was falling apart, so there is definately something there that he and Sidious really want. Or maybe they just don't want it to fall in the hands of Jedi.

21. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    "The power within it will soon serve the Emperor." Interesting that Vader is very loyal to Palpatine at this point. With Padme gone, Palpatine is the only person left in Vader's life that cares about him. He must care about Palpatine as well, as he's determined to satisfy his Master.

22. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    I haven't read the current-canon comics, but hasn't it been established that Vader and Palpatine are much more..."respectful" to each other compared to that of Legends?

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Thats questionable
    not really. For instance in the Vader comics Vader is trying to overthrow him with his own army and what not and at the same time Palpatine is trying to replace him.

24. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015

I have to agree with Jedi Knight Fett. In the comics there seems to be a bit of a rift with them. The Emperor is doing things that Vader is none to happy with. But this seems to be the way of the Sith in general. As long as they prove useful to each other they work together I guess?

I wouldn't make it as a Sith.

25. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    I think that in the current canon, and don't quote me on this, is that he was loyal to Sheev up until he found out that Sheev lied to him about Padme's death (which was sometime after ANH, and it helps explain his obsession with finding Luke in ESB). That changed things.