main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Shorts Official Discussion - Clone Wars: Chapter 15 (It's Not Easy Being Green) [Spoilers]

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by The2ndQuest , Apr 1, 2004.

1. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    HE Has Been Revealed! Finally the Captain makes his debut on Star Wars Clone Wars! I really liked the way the character was played. Jay's performance and accent in AOTC is hard to duplicate but the voice actor did a nice job. I found it kind of distressing though as well because Yoda plays a Jedi mind trick on Typho which means Typho is weak minded. Yoda makes Typho look like a fool instead of the bad ass he was in AOTC. [face_plain]

2. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    The voice actor did a good job??? Did you even turn your speakers on??

Typho was probably the worst voice in the entire series, although he did get better in Chapter 16.

3. Captain_Typho

Jul 30, 2003
    Hmmmmmm, I just finished reading all of your posts. I can't beleive most of you actually support what Yoda did to Typho. Typho is just minding his own business and doing his job of protecting Padme and Yoda's gotta screw with him. Only one person in this thread supports me on this point. You people make me sick! :p It's embarassing enough for me as a poster to have my screen name and episode 2 idol butchered and you guys make it even worse! :p

4. Captain_Typho

Jul 30, 2003
    I agree Guff. He sounded a little off in 15 but sounded more like Jay in 16.

5. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
    How can you say he did a good job then say you agree with me?

6. Captain_Typho

Jul 30, 2003
    He did do a good job Guff. I thought it was honostly the best portrayal that we could have hoped for. Do you have any idea how difficult Typho's accent is to imitate?

7. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
    That accent is not a particularly hard accent to replicate, your making him out to be such an important character with a magnificent voice when actually, he isn't. Christopher Lee's voice is far harder to replicate yet they managed to do a good job with that. Laga'aia just has a normal voice like anyone else.

8. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Captain Typho was too much like his Uncle Panaka.
    Always against what the Jedi have in mind. I really like Typho in AOTC. He is a nicer guy than Panaka.

That look Yoda had on his face as Padmé had that "But I wanna go with you, smart Mr.Yoda" was priceless. She is lovely animated. Yodas's fighting was great. I hope he does some of that in Ep III.

9. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    I really like Typho in AOTC. He is a nicer guy than Panaka.

He certainly is. He didn't ask for too much money, for a start ;)

{||||| ?||} ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

10. Dagobah1234

Dagobah1234 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    I didn't like Panaka. He is one of the worst characters ever invented.

11. Captain_Typho

Jul 30, 2003
    Billy_Dee_Binks,

One thing I found that doesn't match up with what was presented in Star Wars Clone Wars or your statement. On the official site under Captain Typho's databank entry it says this:

"Typho was an unquestionably resilient officer, willing to defer to Jedi authorities when the situation became too grim."

I am still upset that the writers of the cartoon made him a weak minded character susceptable to the force. Unless this is somehow going to be used on him in Epsode 3, it shouldn't have been done. Making the head of Padme's security division seem like such a buffoon and moron likens him to an Imperial Stormtrooper. Very very, displeased I was.

12. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Yeah, Typho shouldn't be made weak-minded. He didn't seem to be in AOTC, so why go that way in the CW series?

To what I saw the Jedi and Typho seemed to get along very well.

13. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    I was rewatching this episode, and something really struck me. C-3PO says to R2-D2 that Illum is on the other side of the system. NOT Sector. NOT Galaxy. Why should C-3PO be SO concerned of going from one part of a system to another. It would be like going from Earth to Mars, in the scale of the Star Wars Galaxy. Is this a flub?!?

14. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    Ah, you know 3PO. Always getting out of his pram over nowt. ;)

{||||| ?||} ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

15. -Darth_Pozo-

-Darth_Pozo- Jedi Padawan star 4

May 17, 2004
    Maybe it's a really long system....hehe!