main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Shorts Official Discussion - Clone Wars: Chapter 19 (Anakin Skywalker vs. Asajj Ventress III) [spoilers]

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by surlygirlie, Apr 7, 2004.

1. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    How can you people notice the vader breathing thing and not even question this?

Well where I live, in Michigan, this type of weather is very normal, especially this time of year. Torrential rain one second, sunny skies the next ;)

2. DarthStinkyBritches

DarthStinkyBritches Jedi Master star 2

Jun 19, 2001
    It was a good fight, don't get me wrong, but there's no logical reason why Anakin lost control of his emotions.

As far as I know his whole turn to the darkside is because of personal losses (ie, his mom) and other personal issues (padme vs. jedi). I'm not into EP3 spoilers so maybe I'm missing something, I dunno. But what personal stake did he have in this fight? The Clone Wars gave Anakin the worst characterization I've seen yet. As I see it, Anakins fall isn't so damn tragic anymore if some pointless dark jedi is gonna turn him evil too.

Anakin is a good jedi. While he doesn't always agree with Obi-Wan I don't see why he would disobey a direct order not to follow a ship. He even listened to Obi-Wan when he told him not to go get Padme in EP2. There's no logic in this decision and it makes Anakin look like a no good punk who deserves what he gets and that's not the point.

3. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Ani is EVIL! Hahahahahahahahahaha!

I thought that the temple that Ani and Asajj entered was like Exar Kun's temple. Also togeter, the first two drip-drops in there sounded like Vader breathing.

4. DarthMarth9

DarthMarth9 Jedi Youngling

Mar 28, 2004
    Damn that was a hella tight episode. Anybody else notice Qui-gon was one of thos faces when Anakin was w00pin a$$ on Asajj? Now why would that be? Hmm.... Any ideas?

5. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    It was to represent Qui-gon, Obi-wan, and Yoda feeling the Dark Side and torment in Ani. They mention it in the audio commentary.

6. DarthMaul431

DarthMaul431 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 19, 2003
    Chapter 19 and 20 are my favorite Chapters. I wonder how Asajj survived the fall.

I really liked the small bit of "Duel of the Fates" music in it. It was cool when you see even Asajj's face go into shock when Anakin's trying to hack away at her. Really enjoyed seeing Qui-Gon's little cameo.

7. Darthsib

Darthsib Jedi Youngling

Apr 9, 2004
    Did anybody see Qui-gon Jinn?

8. kampilan

kampilan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    >>the first two drip-drops in there sounded like Vader breathing<<

Yes, I thought that was an awesome touch as well! It really added the tone of what is to come(Asajj and from now on).

9. DarthGarciaparra

DarthGarciaparra Jedi Youngling

Dec 10, 2003
    how do we know she survived the fall? That seems to be the consensus, and I don't disagree, I just don't know where we hear about hear after this.

10. cnhianda

cnhianda Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 13, 2002
    Chapter 19 was a great chapter.

Since the fight between Ani and Asajj was on Yavin where the ancient sith temples were....

What did Ani do after he defeated Asajj? Did he snoop around for Sith artifacts, or try to learn about the sith in these temples?

Just an attempt to provoke thought(and explain anis quote in Chap 20 about sith)...

11. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    I doubt he knew the truth behind the Massassi temples.

he knew it was a Sith trap because Assajj mentioned the Sith in chapter 18.

12. Twinky_Stryder

Twinky_Stryder Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2003
    I thought it was a VERY cool battle!

Though when he was all yelling at the end, did anyone else get a whole "Dark side" feel?

I was just think "Anakin go Dark Side loco"