main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One [Official Info] Diego Luna (Captain Cassian Andor) in Rogue One

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by starocean90, May 13, 2015.

1. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    See I see Kanan as more, Native American-esque personally. Ezra is Middle Eastern-inspired, while Sabine is clearly East Asian.

2. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    The thing I'm most looking forward to, if rumors are correct, are the scenes of the Rogue One team being assembled. Looks like we'll visit each of their planets of origin to watch that happen. A GFFA version of the Oceans 11 recruitment sequence. Can't wait.

3. JabbatheHumanBeing

Jul 14, 2015
    I agree. Though of course, Native Americans have Asian roots, and I could even see Donnie Yen portraying a Native American character with just a few tweaks to his look. That said, I don't think Yen is Kanan. Not least because Edwards made it clear that there are no Jedi to help this time.

4. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    Also that's require some explaining that the movie just doesn't need. If Sabine, or Zeb, or Hera showed up, that'd be one thing (since they're Non-FS characters and thus only require a very brief explanation of their backstories). Throwing in a Jedi character, makes that more complicated.

JabbatheHumanBeing likes this.
  5. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014

Why don't you enlighten me?

It is very plausible the way I see it. Diego Luna and Kanan Jarrus look similar enough. I think Kanan looks Latino, even though some do not; and is voiced by Freddie Prince Jr., who is a Latino, just like Diego Luna. If you are referring to the differences in their hair length and facial hair; Kanan could have easily changed that by the time of Rogue One. All he would have to do, is let his hair grow out, shave of his goatee, and grow a mustache. If you are referring to the fact that he was blinded in the last Episode of Season 2, Twilight of the Apprentice, I don't think he is permanently blinded. I did just notice that Kanan has blue eyes, unlike Diego Luna; but most real life Latinos have brown eyes, so I don't think that they would be bothered by that little detail. I mean, Look at Harry Potter; he is described in the books as having green eyes, but has brown eyes in the movies. Oh, and one last thing. Kanan is part of the Rebellion in Rebels, which is Canon; so unless he dies at some point in the Series, it is definitely possible that he can be in Rogue One. ;)

6. JabbatheHumanBeing

Jul 14, 2015

Oh...I thought that was a typo, and you meant to say Donnie Yen is Kanan Jarrus. As for Diego Luna being Kanan, no. Absolutely and unequivocally not. He is clearly playing a Rebel captain, not a blind Jedi. No offense, but this is probably the worst bit of speculation I've read in a while. And I keep reading the Plagueis stuff. ;)

7. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    especially when they said "NO JEDI will appear in this movie"

8. Baron_Papanerd

May 1, 2014

We don't know if Kanan is permanently blind yet. And you think my speculation is bad, yet you say Donnie Yen, who is Chinese, is Kanan Jarrus? No offense, but [face_laugh]

9. JabbatheHumanBeing

Jul 14, 2015

Only..I said I highly doubt that Donnie Yen is Kanan Jarrus. Reading is a prerequisite for posting, one would think. ;)

Here's the quote:

10. Baron_Papanerd

May 1, 2014

Sorry, my bad. I misread it what you wrote.

JabbatheHumanBeing
    I think there are worse theories out there than mine; like the Theory that Ezra is Snoke.

JabbatheHumanBeing likes this.
  11. JabbatheHumanBeing

Jul 14, 2015
    Well, sure. There are lots of terrible theories out there. But Diego Luna looks very much like a normal Rebel captain, and Edwards has stressed the lack of Jedi in this film. So your theory is perhaps even more unlikely than Ezra is Snoke. :)

12. mattman8907

Nov 17, 2012
    so i gotta ask who exactly is leading the team to steal the death star plans: Diego Luna or Felicity Jones'character?

13. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    My guess is that Diego is the leader (since Jyn seems too like she's too much of a loose cannon/rebel without a cause for Mon Mothma and co to trust her with that position). But perhaps Jyn has to step up and become more of a leader as the film goes along/circumstances change.

14. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Title updated

15. mattman8907

Nov 17, 2012

you cut out the "in" in the Title. might wanna fix that.

16. JabbatheHumanBeing

Jul 14, 2015
    Cassian Andor is a nearly perfect Star Wars name. As judged by the elusive yet very exact scientific principles of a great Star Wars name.

Avnar likes this.
  17. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Oops you're right I did. Fixed now. Thanks for letting me know.

18. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    "Cassian Andor" might be one of the most "SW-ey" sounding names that I've heard in awhile.

Avnar and JabbatheHumanBeing like this.
  19. Lt. Hija

Lt. Hija Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2015
    Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  20. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    Still sounds like a perfect SW name.

21. JabbatheHumanBeing

Jul 14, 2015
    Andor is also a country in the fantasy book series Wheel of Time. And Luke is a figure in the Christian Bible. What's your point?

22. guittarjedi

guittarjedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2002
    So this guy isn't Biggs Darklighter? This is disappointing.

23. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    That would have caused some, issues, with the continuity of ANH.

24. JabbatheHumanBeing

Jul 14, 2015
    Right. In ANH, there was never any indication that Biggs was anything more than an X-Wing pilot. Retconning him as a super spy would have been a little silly (though not completely undoable).

Plus - new characters please. The galaxy is massive.

Avnar likes this.
  25. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012

You know who that is?

[​IMG]

The legendary Reggie Nalder.