main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One [Official Info] Rogue One: A Star Wars Story - December 16, 2016

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by boomx2sjk, Mar 12, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Essentially this. And it's partly why I have difficulty understanding the criticism that the Rogue One characters were flat. I guess because they weren't constantly yelling and running, they didn't meet a certain genre standard for colorful. But compared to most Star Wars output, I found the film's characters to be much more layered (or perhaps, realistic) than normal.

2. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I usually call R1's characterizations more subtle than usual for SW. I definitely didn't catch all the nuances on first viewing.

3. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    That's the word.

4. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    That's one of the strengths of modern Star Wars. Just the sheer number of movies and shows allow for many different approaches. Rogue One's more subtle characterizations shows us something very different for the franchise, and it works beautifully because of the specific story being told. And meanwhile, they can still give us more traditional, mythic SW characters in other productions.
    It really is a win-win situation.

5. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Fully agreed, I’ve been wholly satisfied with just about everything we’ve gotten so far. Even when a specific thing isn’t exactly what I wanted (TRoS, something else will be (Mando).

Last edited: May 8, 2021
    TCF-1138 likes this.
  6. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    It's funny, I've always thought that actor played that part absolutely perfectly. Because you are right, he didn't deserve to get shot like that by Cassian. And you kind of wanted to feel bad for him. But the actor intentionally played the role so as to make that character as annoying as possible, so that we as the audience specifically wouldn't feel any sort of attachment to him when he got killed. Otherwise, if we liked him, it would have established Cassian as a different character altogether. Just a brilliant manner in which that scene was executed and was able to hit all the right points they wanted to. No pun intended.

Last edited: May 9, 2021
    KaleeshFett, Bor Mullet and Sarge like this.
  7. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Just released from the vaults, early concept art for R1's "Red White And Blue Squadron" X-wings!

Happy 4th! [face_flag]

[​IMG]

8. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Nice, X-wing Thunderbirds.

Bor Mullet and Sarge like this.
  9. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    anybody with The Showcase channel in Canada, they've been running Star Wars all week and tonight is Rogue One at 9. Definitely during commercial breaks in R1 I'll watch the Habs lose the Stanley Cup with glee and then flip back to Rogue One.

Sarge likes this.
  10. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Mark Hamill stated on twitter today that he's had voice cameos in all Star Wars movies since TFA. Do we know who he voiced in Rogue One and Solo?

Or TFA for that matter. His voices in TLJ and TROS were kind of obvious, and it's been revealed that he voiced EV-9D9 in the The Mandalorian episode The Gunslinger.

11. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    I could not stop laughing about this.

Sarge likes this.
  12. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Terrible to lose Michael K. Williams at such a young age. :( He was a great actor and I was always hoping he’d get a second chance to be in a Star Wars film.

13. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    A huge loss.

ETA: Though he was supposed to play Dryden Voss in Solo, and don’t believe he was tied to Rogue One in any way.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
  14. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Yes, Chiznuk posted in the wrong thread. Probably on purpose, because he's just out of control. :p

15. paradigmes

paradigmes Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 9, 2021
    Do this come from same line of thought as the "Bigger Luke Theory" ? [face_laugh]

16. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Yes, we've talked to him about it and given him a warning about this kind of behavior. :p

17. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Well he'd better have that post moved to the south ridge by mid-day, or there'll be hell to pay.

18. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    We decided to leave it here, as a constant reminder of his poor decision and wanton disregard for the rules.

19. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Got it. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt, but deep in my heart, I knew I shouldn’t have been.

EHT, Darth Chiznuk and TCF-1138 like this.
  20. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Go. To. Hell. All of you.

21. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002

22. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    My tauntaun would freeze before I reached the first marker.

23. Blame_It_On_Lucas

Blame_It_On_Lucas Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 29, 2004
    Wow. I always thought he said "held all day". Blows my mind I just realized he said hell to pay after all these decades.

EHT and Sarge like this.
  24. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Seems Rogue One is in the theaters again now.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  25. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Wait. Where?