main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN **OFFICIAL** ROTS Reaction/Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Hama, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. audiogirl21

audiogirl21 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2001
    slpatted up, eh? ;)
    that is true, tho. and in the movie, did i hear the Duel of the Fates when obi wan and anakin were fighting?? It's not in the soundtrack, tho, yes?

2. Scruff

Scruff Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 1999
    What "thrown room" room in episode 4? I've seen that film about a dozen times and I've never even seen a throne room in it.

Haven't bought the soundtrack, can't comment on it.

3. ChewieTitan

ChewieTitan Jedi Master star 2

Dec 26, 2001
    One scene in the book and not it movie that should be is Anakin walking through the halls of control room on Mustafar and scorching the walls with his saber. That would be too cool.

Some of the best music from the movie is not on the soundtrack....the part when Anakin is in the Jedi Council alone, Padme is in her apartment, and Mace Windu goes to arrest Palapatine. The music has a women singing some kind of moaning, opera like stuff.
    Now that I think about it, that may be track # 6. That track plays for like 2 minutes before the volume get loud enough to here in my truck. Maybe I need to turn it up.

4. RLWedge

RLWedge Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    Here's a good discussion topic. You know that ole' Palpy said that his master, Plagus, could alter the midichlorians in someone's bloodstream to create new life, i.e. Anakin. My question is this:

Is Plagus Anakin's father or is Palpatine?

I was for sure that Plagus was, until I realized one tiny problem. Palpatine was taught everything that Plagus knew before Palpy cut him down. So did the Emperor "create" Anakin to use him, or did Plagus "create" Anakin because he knew that Anakin was the only one to destroy Palpatine in the end? Hmmmm...

5. ChewieTitan

Dec 26, 2001
    I thought at first Palpy was implying he was Anakin's creator, but later he tells Anakin, "together we can learn this power." So, I'm guessing Plagus taught Palpy the power, but he hasn't been able to use it and needs Anakin's help. So, I say Plagus is his "faujau".

6. Basill

Basill Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2002
    "What "thrown room" room in episode 4? I've seen that film about a dozen times and I've never even seen a throne room in it."

The temple hall where they are awarded their medals in the end of the film is most often refered to as "The Throne Room".

7. Basill

Feb 24, 2002
    "Some of the best music from the movie is not on the soundtrack....the part when Anakin is in the Jedi Council alone, Padme is in her apartment, and Mace Windu goes to arrest Palapatine. The music has a women singing some kind of moaning, opera like stuff.
    Now that I think about it, that may be track # 6. That track plays for like 2 minutes before the volume get loud enough to here in my truck. Maybe I need to turn it up.
    "

Yeah, that is actually on the soundtrack -Track 8 Padme's Ruminations. Yeah, in my car I have to turn up both #6- Palpatine's Teachings (mostly from, the opera scene) and # 8.

Now that cool moody stuff where Mace is actually walking into Palp's office is not on the soundtrack. Can't wait to get some version of that someday! Hopefully an extended version of it might show up someday. (nay shall I hold my breath)

8. audiogirl21

Dec 30, 2001
    ""I was for sure that Plagus was, until I realized one tiny problem. Palpatine was taught everything that Plagus knew before Palpy cut him down. So did the Emperor "create" Anakin to use him, or did Plagus "create" Anakin because he knew that Anakin was the only one to destroy Palpatine in the end? Hmmmm... ""

We were wondering that too. I guess the way i took that line of thought was that Palpy had hinted at creating Anakin.....then later when he says "together we can learn this power." i thought he was just manipulating Anakin again to make him think he needs him...just to get him to be in league with him.....

9. DVDMaster

DVDMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2003
    I was for sure that Plagus was, until I realized one tiny problem. Palpatine was taught everything that Plagus knew before Palpy cut him down. So did the Emperor "create" Anakin to use him, or did Plagus "create" Anakin because he knew that Anakin was the only one to destroy Palpatine in the end?

I understood Palpatine to mean that Plagus "miracled" Anakin into existence, hence a miracle birth. So why did Shimmi act like she was ashamed of who the father was, heck she acted like she had been violated in the past when Qui-Gon asked (in TPM) about Anakin's father?

Thrown room
    Basil, hope you realized that Scruff was giving him a hard time for misspelling the word. In this case, were was the room that they were throwing everone around in?

Pretty sure "Duel of the Fates" is part of the music on the soundtrack.

10. Basill

Feb 24, 2002
    ^Well, I suspected he was probably ribbing him a little with his use of the different spellings, but still got the impression he had questions about the legitimate title of "throne" room. I don't recall a throne chair myself, but I didn't name it either.
    Actually wonder where it got the name, or if it is just one of those "collective understandings."

As for Duel of the Fates, I recall exactly where it is used in the film, but its not on the soundtrack. The music from track #9 Anakin Vs.Obi-Wan ends a short time before "Duel's" use in the film.

11. Scruff

Scruff Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 1999
    I have never heard the Grand Hall inside the Massassi temple referred to as anything other than "Grand Hall." When/where has it ever been called a "throne room?"

Bear in mind I have read darn every SW novel that has come out in the last 28 years. I'm no newbie to this stuff.

12. Toymaster

Toymaster Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Misspelling? What misspelling?

13. Basill

Feb 24, 2002
    Well, the Throne Room is the title for the medal scene on 2 different CD versions of the soundtrack that I have. My original LP album is put away somewhere (I know I have it, but I wouldn't know where to look) so I don't have it handy to compare it to the CDs. The oldest copy of the CD I have is from the Trilogy box set that came out in '93. I mean, it may be a throwaway term from some roughdraft or script, but it made it into the stream of some popular consciousness.

Anybody have that LP handy or one of those Making-of/Behind-the-scenes books from that era?

14. Basill

Feb 24, 2002
    Minor update: Just checked my copy of the Star Wars novel by Lucas (Which I haven't read in 20 years.) This version is part of the entire trilogy in one cover edition. Though first published in this format in the late 80's, this particular printing came in the late nineties, so I don't know if any of its original stuff had been edited by any Lucasians in league with the Special Editions. I'm not sure how much if anything from those formats were ever edited post facto.

There is one mention of, "the ruins of the ancient throne room" on the second to last page of Ep IV's novelization. Like I said, this is a newer print of the novel, and I haven't read my original copy of the novelization in some 20 years. (gotta find that one!) So, "Throne" room doesn't enter my mind through that corridor. I must mainly get it from the soundtrack, which being one of my favorite listens of all time, I visit pretty often.

Just some facto fun! :D

15. jedichic07

jedichic07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    ok, I was letting my thoughts wander to the end of ROTS...and this came to mind...
    Anakin HAD to know everything he did was wrong. He must know that turning on everything he loved was wrong. My feeling is that when the emperor put him back together, even if he knew it was all the wrong choices, he felt like he had no freedom at that point. So he just went along existing as Palp's puppet. It would be intriging to see just how deep into despair and evil he goes. I don't get the sense that he is all that threatning in the original trilogy, I feel like he is mocked by Tarkin and still manupilated by Palp. Like a hired thug.
    Sad to fall so far.

16. ChewieTitan

Dec 26, 2001
    I think Anakin knew it was wrong too, but he got drawn into the power trip. Once Padme dies and Obi-Wan "turns against him", he thinks Palpatine is his only friend. The first time I watched the movie, it was hard for me to be convinced he had reason to turn, but the book and a second viewing cleared that up.

17. audiogirl21

Dec 30, 2001
    yeah, shannon, i got that impression too. now rewatching 4..5..6..... after seeing 3.....he isn't as menacing as he wouldv'e been if he hadn't had the lava insident and he does come across more as a trapped person there to do what Palpy wants..like he let every thing he loves come to ruin, so he "might as well"

...til he throws him over into the pit. :)

18. jedichic07

jedichic07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    yeah, that scene will definatly hold a whole new meaning now!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.