main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Resistance Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Ancient Whills, Apr 26, 2018.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Just a note for UK folks - Disney XD will be showing the final 3 episodes of season 1 next Saturday starting at 8AM with 'The Descent' followed by 'The Escape Parts 1 & 2' from 830-930 AM. (This is according to my Sky TV Guide).

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
    teamhansolo likes this.
  2. PhoenixRebel

PhoenixRebel Jedi Youngling

Jan 23, 2019
    Hey all another message for Uk fans - Sky on demand are showing all the episodes of the latter half of Resistance on Disney HD until May 20th . :)

Hopeless likes this.
  3. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Thank you will try to catch these as it sounds much better.

teamhansolo likes this.
  4. Ash_Satine

Ash_Satine Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 5, 2017
    Does anyone has a clue when or if the series will be on Amazon (Europe/Germany)? I really want to watch it but the only legal chance I have is weekdays around 3:30 pm - and sorry, Star Wars, someone has to earn the money that is later spent on Star Wars.

teamhansolo likes this.
  5. teamhansolo

teamhansolo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    Is there a way for you to record it and watch it later?

Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
  6. Ash_Satine

Ash_Satine Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 5, 2017
    No, I've got to wait till the next run and fit my working schedule to it. Thanks to streaming I have no recorder anymore. I probably wait if they put it on Amazon or for Disney streaming. Hopefully they're more intelligent with the Mandalorian and give us a series pass.

teamhansolo likes this.
  7. Darth Kronos

Darth Kronos Force Ghost star 6

Jan 2, 2016

No official word on a Blu-Ray yet.

teamhansolo likes this.
  8. Demon4x4

Demon4x4 Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 29, 2019
    I sure hope it doesn't get the Freemakers Season II treatment...

teamhansolo likes this.
  9. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-resistance-season-one-dvd

[​IMG]

10. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    No blu-ray, no sale. Really disappointed they seem to be missing the blu-ray collection for Resistance after offering it for Clone Wars and Rebels. Just a massive step backwards.

BigAl6ft6 and Demon4x4 like this.
  11. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Or a step forward into the 21st century. Physical media is dying, and dying fast. There's little incentive to spend money on a blu-ray for a cartoon series. So Disney puts it out on the cheaper DVD format, but otherwise, relies almost wholly on digital and streaming sales.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
    seeker_two likes this.
  12. MarcelloF91

MarcelloF91 Jedi Knight

Jul 9, 2015
    I'm not going to waste my money on a DVD. Hopefully Europe at least gets a Blu-ray...

13. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    Psh, physical media rules.

The day CDs die entirely and we're saddled with inferior MP3 format forever will be a sad one.

Get offa my lawn.

14. Wrenegade

Wrenegade Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2015
    DVD only? In 2019? Seriously Lucasfilm?

Ugh. What a massive step backwards. Literally a year ago they released the last Season of Star Wars Rebels on Blu-Ray. I mean, Resistance is visually stunning, debatably moreso than the previous 2 shows, and you're telling me that my two options for owning it are a standard def DVD or purchasing it on iTunes or Google Play or whatever in compressed streaming quality. I'd like to, ya know, actually fully appreciate the animation.

No Blu-Ray means no purchase from me.

15. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    Buy more Blu-Rays, vote with your wallets. Only way that mindset will change.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  16. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Must admit, I did think this might be their way of pushing people who want HD towards Disney+.

But really can't call this a step forward when previous series have been offered on a superior format. Being offered on BR doesn't stop them putting on digital and streaming (same as CW & Rebels)

And as good as streaming has got, it doesn't match physical in quality. Especially if you're like my in-laws and can't even get a superfast fiber connection and are stuck on basic broadband.

Plus, maybe US has Movies Anywhere, but UK doesn't, almost all ultra violet/digital libraries like Flixster are gone or going. Yes, you can download them but that kind of defeats the objective of going digital. Content may not always stay on a streaming service, UV libraries aren't guaranteed (going back to the UK example Flixster is supposed to be migrating existing libraries to Google Play, but "not all titles may be supported"), at least with physical you own it properly and no one can take that away from you.

Blackhole E Snoke likes this.
  17. VoldemortUnleashed2020

VoldemortUnleashed2020 Jedi Youngling

Jul 24, 2019
    Spam

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2019
  18. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    The main character Kaz isn’t the most interesting character. But otherwise I would recommend giving the show a chance. The supporting and even some of the background characters are all fantastic. The Colossus, where the majority of the show takes place, is maybe one of the more interesting locations to be introduced in recent years in my opinion.

Also despite being a show aimed at a younger audience I think the show actually covers some pretty deep concepts, like an ever growing authoritarian regime taking control, disappeared persons, and the consequences and decisions the characters have to make as a result.

Combined with some neat animation I actually was very impressed the the show as a whole.

19. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    No Blu-ray? Pretty disappointing...

20. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    To tell the truth, after the 4 month or so Christmas break that Disney gave us in the UK, I failed to get back into the show. I still haven't watched the last three episodes that are just sitting there on my tivo.

21. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Visually, how much better can a cartoon show be on Blu-ray than on DVD? Negligible difference. My God, the hysterics are, well, hysterical.

They're great episodes. I recommend them.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
    Vinylshadow likes this.
  22. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    I had to watch Rebels and Resistance in SD, because in the UK, Virgin Media aren't allowed to have an HD channel for Disney XD. I was pretty shocked how much better Rebels looked in HD when I bought the first BluRay.

I will get around to watching the final Resistance episodes at some point.

Bor Mullet, ChrisLyne and cwustudent like this.
  23. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Got to second that. I often find animation gains most from HD as the colours are so much richer/more vibrant.

Blackhole E Snoke likes this.
  24. tatooinesandworm

tatooinesandworm Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2015
    Source and display, source and display, source and display.

Any resolution (visual clarity) gain will depend on the source the information is coming from and the destination the information is being displayed on.

Animation that is mastered in 2K or 4K will look times of magnitude sharper and more rich when comparing between DVD and Blu-ray. There is a percentage of the population however that has poor eyesight and cannot distinguish the difference.

As to your comment about hysterics. I have yet to see anyone in this thread display such behavior. So your hyperbole is not entirely welcome on a subject you appear to lack sufficient knowledge in.

25. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    is Resistance listed as Disney+? Cuz that could be a way to funnel people to sub to it (but people who would have bought Resistance S1 on blu ray were probably going to sub to Disney+ anyway) I personally would rather have a blu ray than a streaming service cuz, y'know, internet does cut out. Happened to me yesterday mid movie, it sucked!

But, that being said, I wasn't planning on buying Resistance on blu ray and I'm sure it'll be in HD on Disney+. Just watch out for that there internet knocking out on ya!

Last edited: Jul 24, 2019