main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Bad Batch" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Sable_Hart, Jul 13, 2020.

1. DLCV

DLCV Jedi Master star 3

Dec 14, 2020
    Not surprise next season be the last season, excited for a epic finale.

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Hey guys. The trailer has leaked. The version I saw is hard to make out but it’s on the internet if you want to see it

cwustudent likes this.
  3. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    Gotta say, the Bad Batch main cast is the least ambitious group of protagonists I can remember seeing in a major TV show. The Rebels crew were also a found family but at least, they were committed to fighting the Empire from the start. And Din Djarin had a clear objective and character arc for the first two seasons.

The only protagonist who get any development was Tech and that was seemingly for the sole purpose of making his death "impactful" which is a pretty cynical thing and makes it all feel wasted and shallow in the end. Other than that, almost all the impactful and meaty episodes were the ones where they weren't in it.

They're going to have to run the table in Season 3 or this show is going to be a big fail in my book.

The Shadow Emperor and Sarge like this.
  4. Force Nexus

Force Nexus Jedi Master star 3

Jun 22, 2022
    Yep, just saw it. Looks great. Which is sad that this is gonna be their last season. Hopefully there won't be delays like with Season 2.

5. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Not great news since this is only one more season. But glad we are getting another season. I just feel like they are letting this go early when it feels like it barely started given how slow the overall pace is. I am also concerned that they'll just stick with live action and animation will become regulated to mini-series like Tales of the Jedi. I am sure we'll see Echo and hopefully another survivor in future projects. Crossing my fingers for Echo.

Alarinne, Force Nexus and Sproj like this.
  6. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    If they are moving on from this era, that would be sad as it feels like it has really just gotten started with this and Andor. It makes me a bit made about all the wasted time with Cid since there is only one more season. In hindsight, I would have preferred a Rex-centred show but glad for the clone/empire related storylines we have got because they’ve all been excellent.

I wonder what Dee Bradley Baker will do with all his free time now he won’t be talking to himself for a living. Shame if this shows end spells his end with Star Wars.

Alarinne and Force Nexus like this.
  7. Lomer2012

Lomer2012 Jedi Master star 2

Dec 23, 2016
    As I said in another thread, I hope that Filoni will never let go of full-time animation series. He still wants to create in this medium, knows how important it is for developing cools characters (that can be also used in live-action), and he has built a very talented team he wouldn't risk losing.

Echo is a possible survivor, but I would bet all my money on Omega.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2023
  8. Force Nexus

Jun 22, 2022
    Fun fact: Andor takes place during the same time as Rebels. Which is to show, how utterly wrong Rebels got its tone. Those were Dark Times, and there was really no hope until that movie that is called A New Hope. The Bad Batch got it right most of the times.

Really hoping that some other spin-off will come out of it. Rex and Echo, perhaps? But I am not holding out much hope. Really feels like Rex will lose whatever clone network he created, and they will ship him straight to Rebels with Wolffe and Gregor. It will be like the ending of Revenge of the Sith, where everyone was shipped straight to their points of destination in A New Hope, and they basically stayed there for 20 years.

DurararaFTW, Sarge and Sproj like this.
  9. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    This certainly won't be the last time we see Rex although I'm afraid his story is going to end later this year. I read this article a while back which was a lot of fuss over an action figure. Filoni all but confirmed it when the Rebels finale came out. My take is the powers that be have come up with more ideas for what they want to do with the character. Rex's live-action debut is closer than we know.

10. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Three seasons for BB seems about right.

11. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    Darn. This makes me like Season 2 less retroactively because it feels like so much time was wasted. This is a really fascinating time period and the question of what became of the clones post-Empire is a compelling question. I was hoping this show would eventually morph into a show about the clones as a whole, but I guess this was always meant to be the A-Team in space.

I'm still expecting to like Season 3, but I can't help feeling this show could have been more.

Sproj, Darth Dnej and Force Nexus like this.
  12. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Definitely looking forward to season 3, although I have to say I'm looking forward to the broader clone rebellion more than the obligatory Omega and Palpatine cloning stuff.

whostheBossk likes this.
  13. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Personally I’m ready to move on from this time period. I’ve loved both TCW and TBB but I’m just ready for something new. It is an incredible achievement though that prequel storytelling has basically stretched from 1999 to 2023 almost uninterrupted.

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Yea. We have literally gotten 2 shows. 10 seasons worth of clone content. Clone troopers have literally appeared in every live action and animated show sans resistance. It’s time to move on. Hopefully beyond anything in the episode 1-9 range.

DurararaFTW and Sarge like this.
  15. Force Nexus

Jun 22, 2022
    I am most certain that the show will have a satisfying conclusion, but it was definitely cut short in its prime. We've just got to know this time period on screen, the immediate aftermath of Order 66 and the formation of the Empire. We've never seen it before. It was only explored in the comic books and novels, but it's not the same as watching a fully realized cinematic experience. You could tell so many stories. Just about the named clones alone, like TCW had in S1 various episodes about all the Jedi who died in Order 66 (Plo Koon, Aayla Secura, Luminara Unduli, Ki-Adi Mundi, etc), you could tell stories about those clone commanders that were mostly sidelined in favor of the main trio in TCW. Commanders Bly, Bacara, what happened to the 501st, tell the stories of Republic Commandos, namely Delta Squad, and not just take one of them and put him in the background without any explanation. In Season 2, only Cody was explored. You could do like 10 episodes about all the other clone commanders, come up with all kinds of war stories with all sorts of moral conundrums. And then there are surviving Jedi, Imperial politics and intrigue, various Rebellion cells, bounty hunters, Underworld, CIS remnants, you could even tell the stories of regular volunteers who became stormtroopers - akin to the Rookies episode in TCW, etc. This show could easily run for 7 seasons and they all could be bangers without the unnecessary, fruitless treasure hunts and Cid side quests. I am really glad it's getting the third season, and the trailer looked incredible, but I agree with @Reepicheep775 - the news that it is final kinda bummed me. I definitely expected more.

whostheBossk and Reepicheep775 like this.
  16. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I still want my Luke, Han and Leia show.

PymParticles likes this.
  17. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    It really is, and it's a big part of why I'm hoping that the second volume of Tales of the Jedi stays away from the PT era and associated characters.

18. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    Yeah, I can't help but feel disappointment. Filler is often necessary for shows, whether parts of episodes or entire episodes. But all filler is not equal.
    A famous example is Avatar: The Last Airbender. "The Tales of Ba Sing Se" is one of the most beloved episodes of the show for the way it delves into the emotions and attributes of Iroh and the other characters. But it is filler, nevertheless. Avatar has about 15 or so filler episodes out of 61, but only a handful are almost entirely pointless (for example, "The Great Divide").
    Hopefully Season 3 only has about 3 filler episodes, instead of the first two seasons having about 35-40 percent of the episodes as filler.

Sproj and Reepicheep775 like this.
  19. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    I’m not ready to move on from Clones and that era, maybe that’s what the shorts will focus on now.

I also do think Rex is a certainty for Ahsoka and will die in it because he will be very, very old by then.

cwustudent likes this.
  20. moxlox

moxlox Jedi Master star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    Well thank the maker they announced series 3. I was worried Disney lost interest with a seeming lack of promotion for series 2 (it was hardly prominent even on Disney Plus itself) and we wouldn’t get another series. So I was most pleased to hear this announcement. Series 2 was in the main really really good, main story wise.

Three series with the apparent main story arc feels right. Happy :)

Last edited: Apr 11, 2023
  21. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    Hopefully Cid is out of the show now and they can spend the whole season focusing on the clone rebellion, cloning and what happens to the protagonists.

whostheBossk, moxlox and Darth Dnej like this.
  22. DarkRula

DarkRula Jedi Master star 3

Feb 3, 2015
    Season three is a great place to end it if they have plans to continue this with a more anthology-based show. Or leading into the clone rebellion. I'd hate if that rebellion began and ended across a single season (pretty much).
    I think I just don't want this exploration of the early Imperial era to end.

cwustudent likes this.
  23. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    Is anyone else super annoyed by Omega? I find her accent, endlessly annoying. Does that make me a terrible person? Trying to finish watching the season.

Sarge likes this.
  24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Kinda. Well not really. It just means you hate the kiwi accent. Don’t go to New Zealand any time soon.

Bor Mullet and cwustudent like this.
  25. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    But why the accent??? She was born and raised on Kamino, like all the other clones. :confused: