main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    :eek: Green, lovely!

2. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    Hopefully we see their return, especially if they expand the Barriss storyline, and reveal her fate. I'd also like the series to delve into Order 66, so we see how Luminara was captured, and why that could have happened to begin with. It would be equally great to have a final word on Shaak Ti, though if she isn't covered, I'll continue to use the direction Lucas went with in TFU.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  3. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I think it's more or less canon that Shaak Ti got skewered by Vader at the temple. As for Luminara, I suppose the Wookies could have rescued her like Chewy and Tarrful did for Yoda, and then she was captured and executed later. I hope that story involves The Grand Inquisitor. It seems like he was the mastermind behind the plan to use her remains to lure out Jedi.

cwustudent likes this.
  4. Mother_Talzin

Aug 23, 2014
    I'd say less canon in the case of Shaak Ti, as her death at the hands of Anakin / Vader only appears in a deleted scene and in an animated vision Yoda has, that's not exactly accurate. The beginning of his vision shows a large group of Jedi charging clones, and killing them, which I don't recall ever happening. I think that calls into question whether that scene can be described as canon, especially considering Lucas did not approve it. For Lucas, the ultimate fate of Shaak Ti rests in TFU.

As for Luminara, I'd really like to see what her capture entails. Did she allow herself to be captured, in order for Yoda to make a escape? Or perhaps it was Yoda that helped her, and gave her instructions before leaving the planet. It would be interesting to see, if she escaped for a time, whether she made her way back to free Barriss, realizing the Jedi Order had been fooled all along.

TetsuAero and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  5. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    The question would be, would Barris want to come with her? She still was responsible for the deaths of innocent people at the Temple as well as framing Ahsoka and causing her to walk out from the order. Of course from my perspective it would be awesome to see their reaction upon a reunion after the crap hits the fan and for all intents and purposes, both Ahsoka and Barris are ex-Jedi.

6. TetsuAero

TetsuAero Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    I posted them some year ago in The Arcs that were not topic. And it is nice that more people are starting to pick up on their existance :)

Vizzy91 and TadoFett like this.
  7. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
  8. Jesta'

Jesta' Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 25, 2017
    I hope they release all of the original story reels and concept art so I can animate the rest of the show myself.

Demon4x4 likes this.
  9. AngelOfIegoAnd1KMoons

AngelOfIegoAnd1KMoons Jedi Youngling

Jun 27, 2019
    [​IMG]

/heels

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2019
  10. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    IIRC, that deleted scene was chosen as the basis for Yoda's vision precisely because that was how Lucas had decided on how she died, as opposed to being killed by Grievous or something else altogether.

Merric, TadoFett and cwustudent like this.
  11. Jesta'

Jesta' Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 25, 2017
    Would anyone be down to do a full on fan animation of Crystal Crisis or the original The Bad Batch?

Darkslayer likes this.
  12. Mother_Talzin

Aug 23, 2014
    The problem with that though is that Lucas approved the inclusion of Shaak Ti in TFU, and her storyline - which to me, makes it G-canon. By the time of Yoda's vision in the CW Lost Missions, I'm not sure Lucas was still working on the series, as it was released the year following his sale of LFL. Either way, I hope to see her in the upcoming CW revival - and I'll stick with the storyline Lucas initially approved for the character.

TetsuAero, Mia Mesharad and Jesta' like this.
  13. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Nope just Sunday.

Con's don't do much for me nowadays but its nice to go and see what some of the shops have, all the people dressed up and just walk around and see some of the stuff. The 4 hours or so we were there were more than enough for me lol.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  14. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Well if you saw some guy wearing a Studio Ghibli hat with a lot of pins on it and a blue AT-AT shirt, that was me.

I've already gotten tickets for NYCC this October. Was on the fence about it but since a friend of mine was going I figured wth?

15. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    It's not a problem at all. The story from TFU didn't come from him, and most importantly, he never considered it to be part of his story and vision either. He simply gave suggestions and his opinion on things when asked.

But the episodes weren't made when they were released to the public. The storylines and the production itself were set years in advance.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
    Merric, TadoFett and cwustudent like this.
  16. DarkRula

DarkRula Jedi Master star 3

Feb 3, 2015
    I think there might be a bit of poetic justice if ever Anakin vs Shaak Ti were to happen that it's set in the Council Chamber. The council were the very reason for his fall, so to destroy a part of it in the place they were destroying him would be getting the true revenge he failed to get with Windu.

Snokewithspiderlegs73 and Merric like this.
  17. Mother_Talzin

Aug 23, 2014
    I'm not sure anyone outside of Lucas can say what his vision is, lol. He approved the use of the character in that storyline - that's all I'm concerned with. If Filoni wants to make Yoda's vision part of the CW revival, and show is actually occurring - that would change my interpretation - unless that happens, the opinions of other fans, authors, or LFL staff frankly don't impact my own. I am eager to see these Jedi return though, hopefully closure is part of their intention.

TetsuAero, Mia Mesharad and Jesta' like this.
  18. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    But that's the thing, he did. To pretend that his superficial involvement in the making of TFU makes it part of his vision is erroneous. Like the rest of the EU, he didn't consider it to be. Why should we think it does? He was arguably more involved in the micro-series and even that didn't count for him. Not to mention the many details from TFU that directly go against what he established in his works.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
  19. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    I find it interesting how TFU III was according to Witwer and Blackman, would of been about Starkiller and Vader teaming up to fight a new threat from Palpatine. Which is rather like all the Rey and Kylo team up against a new threat from Palpatine theories and leaks for TROS.

20. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Both of you are making big claims without providing any sources.

21. Captain Havoc

Captain Havoc Jedi Youngling

Jul 17, 2019
    Have any of you watched the trailers for the seventh series?

22. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Which claim do you need a source for? That Lucas didn't write the story for TFU? That TCW episodes were made years prior to their respective release?

23. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Inspiration for the 6th Brother:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  24. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    TFU not being Lucas’s vision.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
    Jesta' likes this.
  25. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    It was canon in 2008, which was the same year TCW was released.

http://www.scifinow.co.uk/news/star-wars-canon-change-risks-pissing-off-a-lot-of-people/

https://www.cnet.com/news/george-lucas-ushers-in-star-wars-the-force-unleashed/

Lucas didnt have a problem with the EU anyway and he had people that kept it retrofitted into his movies and everything else policy. Not counting or hating the EU, that would've been like shooting yourself in the foot since he owned and self financed and he often borrowed ideas from it. But he mainly did hate the Mara Jade character, that was confirmed by J.W. Rinzler.

Jesta' likes this.