main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Bad Batch Omega (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Mar 30, 2021.

1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    the one from Expanse who plays the soldier from mars.

2. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Guess you'll have to refine that a bit.

3. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    don't remember the actress name but she could play like someone who resembles Tem. she's like this tough soldier girl.

The Chalk Jedi likes this.
  4. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    This week's development really ups the ante for the Batch in protecting and looking after Omega. Beforehand, she was just some kid that they had picked up and kinda gotten attached to. But she could have been anyone's clone.

With the reveal of who she's a clone of though... well,
    that changes things. They now know she's literally their sister. Their determination to stick by her at any cost will be all the stronger.

Seerow likes this.
  5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Well they already knew she was some kind of Jango clone

6. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I hope now that Best Dad and the gang know the stakes and have failed once. They will get a lot more ruthless and brutal dealing with anyone who comes after Omega. Personally, I'd like to see CF99 actually curb stomp somebody or for one of them to destroy an opponent solo for a change instead of getting beat up or shot. Well besides Regs and the Zygerian leader due. Promising she'd never go back to Kamino doesn't bode well for either.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2021
  7. Jamtia1

Jamtia1 Jedi Knight star 1

May 27, 2019
    Omega is really growing on me as a character.

8. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    I agree, Frankie Adams would be great. But Michelle Ang, who voices Omega, is also a great New Zealand actress...

Darthur C. Clarke likes this.
  9. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    Adams is too young and Ang hasn't got the right facial features.

10. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Maybe, boba is 40 and Omega probarly 38 during book of boba.

Old Cad Bane, and looks like 13 year old Boba Fett, maybe he looks similar to this when he meets Omega.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2021
    DarthKreVass likes this.
  11. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    It's a lot sadder to watch Omega crying when she is sitting in the ship in "Cut and Run" now. When she takes off that tiara thing she was wearing over her head. Can that still be interpreted as homesickness or what she desperate to stay with the Bad Batch because she has always known this would happen? It's a good thing Omega did not go with the Lawquanes for damn sure. Fennic or Bane rolling up on them would have been a sad disaster.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2021
  12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    The problem is unless your going to have her wear a helmet her entire live action appearance you can’t have her play the character. You need a Maori or at the very least a native pacific person to play her. Unless you want to open up a whole can of worms that I doubt Lucasfilm should open.

13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    get young Maori in her late 30's to play Omega.

14. Darthur C. Clarke

Darthur C. Clarke Jedi Master star 3

Jul 8, 2016
    Frankie Adams would always be a great choice, she's fantastic.

Officially, she is suddenly available with the Expanse's 6th season done filming and the show coming to an end at that point.

Unofficially, I think they have plans to continue the series in another form. Maybe finishing it out on TV for another studio, but I'm inclined to believe they're going to move to feature films. The print series has 3 more books in it than where they're ending the Amazon show, and the series has been gaining even more notoriety (finally!) in the last few years.

The show does undergo a significant time jump at that point, which will cause some issues with the cast, but aging actors up has rarely been a problem in the past, easily done with make up. It's only recently that 'de-aging' them has also been available.

If it does continue, I'd bet Frankie Adams will be a bit too busy to add Star Wars into the mix. But I'd love it if they did.

15. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    I kind of like the idea of Frankie Adams, now that I see the name mentioned, even though she’s too young; assuming Omega is around 12 at the time of tBB, she’d be around 40 by the time of The Mandalorian, and Adams is 27 (and looks it). But you can always age the actress a bit with a little bit of eye makeup.

Darthur C. Clarke likes this.
  16. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    Shavaughn Ruakere, mark my words.

17. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    I guess Omega wasn't an enhanced clone after all? Who else could the Kaminoans have been referring to, though. :confused:

18. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    she is more likely than not enhanced though. Boba is unmodified. Omega obviously had her chromosomes modified, which is more of a modification than an enhancement, but maybe she also has a hidden enhancement. The episode before the last hinted she has strategic skills.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2021
    MrDarth0 likes this.
  19. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Strategic skills is most likely the main modification now and I like that. It explains why Omega is good at copying others. It even explains why Omega is good at predicting stuff and can sense people coming before they get there rather than being force-sensitive. That's probably not going to get debunked until she encounters a force user who can point-blank ignore her or say she isn't. There is something cool about a show that lacks any of that stuff though that's not to say there isn't story potential. Tech probably can't Google the answers for that stuff. They crash land on one of these planets strong with it like Jedha, Lothal, Atollon, even Malachor, and Omega has something like visions, gets manipulated these guys would have no idea what's happening. But, I think non-force users having a Mortis-like adventure would be far more interesting to explore. Get cracking on writing this if you haven't already Christian Taylor.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2021
    Grey Matter and The Chalk Jedi like this.
  20. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018

Nice artwork for an older version of Omega.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2021
  21. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Cool pic. Like a red and black version of the Survey Corps. A "Mantle" could be a mantle of armor. That would be kind of lame. The other definition for mantle is more interesting.

22. Wilhuff's Slippers

Wilhuff's Slippers Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 12, 2019
    It’s a reference to “operation mantle” - the changing of guard between clone troopers to storm troopers.

23. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Well, "Mantle" could be the passing of the torch or a new cloak of armor. It would appear "Operation War-Mantle" as mentioned in "Decommissioned" is named very appropriately since its both.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  24. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    So, what are the clone commando's involvment in all of this?

It could be like legends with them training the TKs and hunting down rouge clones.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Seems very likely.

clone commander bossk likes this.