main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Bad Batch Omega (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Mar 30, 2021.

1. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    Not that it necessarily means anything but would counter his declaration in TBOBF if someone could trace back him working for the empire as well.

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I could be totally off base though

3. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    So an Omega and Grogu team up seems certain now. Obviously, by the end of this season, she is either dead (unlikely) or totally hidden...maybe by Cal and Merrin...with Asajj? No this would be too cool, stop it.

Or if we want to go full hmmm...surely not: Omega is Rey's mum.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2024
  4. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I have been looking elsewhere on the internet and a lot of people are still convinced she does already have a high M count. But I feel like that doesn’t objectively make sense. What would otherwise be special about her blood that would accept a transfusion of midichlorian rich blood. (By the way that is totally Jedi blood they are using as the transfusion)

ShayaLothal and Happy Sando like this.
  5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Crossposting this:

I'm wondering whether Omega is Force sensitive or, rather, is sought as an ideal candidate more due to being a stable clone body. Clone stability is just as important to the success of Sidious's plan as Force sensitivity.

ShayaLothal likes this.
  6. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    They both scratch tally marks representing days on walls. It’s a genetic trait.

7. Force Nexus

Force Nexus Jedi Master star 3

Jun 22, 2022
    Yay, Omega can finally use guns! The stupid bow is gone, that was so obviously meant to serve the purpose of "we don't want to show the kid with a gun in our cartoon", even though her having a regular DC-17 pistol would have been far more practical and effective than a cumbersome, inaccurate, slow laser bow. And her new haircut is nice. Anyway, curious to see where Omega's character will go this season. Hopefully, Crosshair will teach her something as much as she is teaching him hope.

8. darth_of_denmark

darth_of_denmark Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 10, 2005
    What makes a person force sensitive? Seems like everyone got x amount of M. I think the question is how much M do you have in your body to be considered a force sensitive.

ShayaLothal likes this.
  9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    We have seen Rey’s mom. She doesn’t look like Omega.

10. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    Well almost certainly not the case but like, it isn't impossible:

[​IMG]

11. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    She is very clearly not a clone of Jango Fett. Also Omega would be much older.

12. Bibliora

Bibliora Jedi Knight star 3

May 24, 2023
    And now she has a trained Batcher. I'm 50/50 on the force since gungi detected nothing. Then again, Ezra detected nothing with Sabine. I'm just wondering if some force sensitive individuals need to be tapped in some way.

13. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jedi Master Frizzy Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Rey's Grandma

cwustudent and Boba Fett. like this.
  14. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I think that’s what Lucasfilm wanted to communicate with the show. That more kids should use guns...

What a strange thing to be excited about.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  15. Boba Fett.

Boba Fett. Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 14, 2020
    Rey is a Skywalker, Palpatine and Fett... Which explains her power

16. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jedi Master Frizzy Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Skywalker and Palpatine sure, Fett explains maybe her father.

17. Boba Fett.

Boba Fett. Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 14, 2020
    Or Fett's lack of blood :p

18. ShayaLothal

ShayaLothal Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 14, 2023
    It is a spectrum right?
    And the M-count itself does not make you a powerful force user...there is talent and there is training...and a force sensitive individual can be more attuned with the force than most of the people but that doesn't make them a force user.
    In my opinion this makes sense more tham saying one is or is not... Jedis are higly trained powerful force users but not all force users can become jedi ...cross reference to Ahsoka where Huyang says that Sabine's attitude with the force is so low that she would not have been selected as Padawan back in the time, not because she cannote become a rather capable force user but because she is not powerful and commited enough to learn/develop at a high pace as Padawans are supposed to do?

That's how I understood the "levels" until here in Star Wars, am I completely mistaken in my interpretation? ( I am using the percentiles in the same way you would use them for IQ in "real life"):

Every individual has some M-count ( say up to 60th percentile?) and can more or less be attuned or sometimes feel the Force ( as the force resides in all living beings and can be perceived by all in some form?)

Force sensitives are more attuned than normal with the force and can perceive it more vividly and often than most. They can use this ability to get advantage in their activities ( flying spaceships, fighting with normal weapons, connecting with animals, having a "sixt sense" that warns you when troubles arise, understanding other peopl'es thoughts and being able to manipulate them into doing stuff for them,...), one can not be aware that they are force sensitive and can also vehemently deny that their ability have something to do with the force ( looking at you Solo). They have a higher M-count than average (60-90th percentile?).

Force users are not only attuned and perceiving but are able to use the force in a proficient way by using a lightsaber, moving objects, manipulating and probing other peole minds. As they are "showing" they are more easy to spot and are mostly aware they have something particular. They have a particularly high M- count (90-99%)

Jedis are powerful force users selected by th order from those who have the higher M-count ( 98-99th percentiles) and have more attitude and commitement to training and discipline, talent?

So a spectrum?

Yeah sorry for the extra long post ooops things got out of hand
    These three episodes got me kinda excited for this stuff!

jedi_master_ousley likes this.
  19. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Tbh, I don't really get what was so important about looking for a clone with a high "M-count" anyway. Didn't Palpatine at the time already have plenty of Inquisitors at his disposal? Does it mean that before he became desperate with finding a clone with a suitable match, he'd already tested those already under his thumb?

Not to mention at the time he had one dude with an M-count that would easily rival anyone else's.

20. ShayaLothal

ShayaLothal Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 14, 2023
    Hence my interpretation I just posted in the Project Necromancer thread and don't want to cross post here :)
    but basically more likely searching for blood that accepts high M-count blood infusion by matchinf the M-count of the added blood making the clone force sensitive? Hence why Palpatine says it is a project not liked by his peers also...basaically creating artificial force sensitive clones would surely be controversial in the Sith circle ;oP?
    But maybe I am out of scope?

21. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    As the Emperor, who would oppose him on whatever he wanted to do, anyway?

22. darth_of_denmark

darth_of_denmark Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 10, 2005
    I fear that if Omega is fully explained so to speak, that Filoni will tell us that she has space Jesus like levels of M. There are already plenty of people online thinking this is the case.
    I just like the logic of "perhaps she has the rare DNA combination that will retain the subject's M count" (whatever that amount may be) so she could have very low levels of M BUT her DNA won't lose any if used in cloning. Then It's about that rare combination rather than "Is she another Jedi?" but I fear this may be too advanced thinking for a Star Wars show.

I just like the idea of her not having unusual high amounts of M. Because as someone else already said, Palpy already got access to high levels of M from Vader and the Inquistors and those Jedi they keep perfectly preserved in the Inquisitor Fortress from the ObiWan show.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2024
  23. Fin McCool

Fin McCool Jedi Master star 4

Apr 18, 2015
    Also not to mention his own.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  24. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Is it possible she's on the Mortis level of M counts we're talking about?

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Yea if she had a kid at like 19 then it’s theoretically possible.