main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit One Hit Wonders: Characters that died too soon (or in the source that introduced them)!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by ColeFardreamer, Jul 20, 2023.

1. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    We all know the characters that left an impact but not much is known about them, basically they could appear in other sources, but didn't cause the source that introduced them already killed them off. Well some may have gotten Prequels appearances to that source, but most didn't. Lets discuss these that made an impact with the least time with us.

The list sure is longer but let me start to name just a few interesting characters like these:

Tally Lintra
    Anni Capstan
    Eryl Besa
    Nelani Dinn

2. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    The Subtext Mining executives who gave Rugess Nome and Hego Damask a mining droid that was programmed to murder them.

3. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    Archex, great character and his death was a brilliant scene, just wish there was a little more of him.

ColeFardreamer likes this.
  4. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    Jedi Master Lar Leung in Invasion.

Showed up as if he'd always been at the Jedi Praxeum and then was killed by the Vong.

5. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    Just from What I'm going through in the NJO right now and includes living or dead or status unknown:

Vector Prime: Miko Reglia, Shok Tinoktin, Mayor of Sernpidal City, Tamaktis Breetha, Warshack Rojo, Ackdool, Dugo Bagy, Kruuny, Gauch. Tu Shoolb, Da'Gara, Ma'Shraid, Dooje Brolo, Yomin Carr, Garth Breise, Bensin Tomri, Tee-ubo Doole, Jerem Cadmir, Bendodi Ballow-Reese, Luther De'Ono, Lysire Donabelle, Grappa, C-9PO, R5-L4 "Elfour".
    Dark Tide I: Onslaught: Ligg Panat, Dinger, Tik, Rimsen, Bril'nilim, "Tough Seven", Wynl of the Baragwin Communities, Dr. Anki Pace, Vil, Jens, Denna, Trista Orlanis, Neira Shai, Dranae Shai, Sera Faleur Darklighter, "Tuber", Lun Deverin, Pen Grasha, Anet Karl, Khwir, Mirip Pag, Urias Xhaxin.
    Dark Tide II: Ruin: Miat Temm, Colonel Harrak, Major Pressin, Chalco, Daeshara'cor, Arr'yka, Grai'tvo, Rade Dromath, Runck Das, Deign Lian, Mushkil clan Baikh'vair, Sirhka, Relal Tawron.
    Agents of Chaos I: Hero's Trial: Commander Tla, Raff, bel-dar-Nolek, Boz, Saiga Bre'lya, Jode Tee, Darda, Capo, Reck Desh, Cisgat, Wing Commander Kol Eyttyn, Captain Skent Gaff, Been L'toth, Count Borert Harbright, Captain Mak Jorlen, Vice Admiral Ark Poinard, General Yald Sutel, Tamaab Moolis, Ven, Void, Wotson, Khakraim clan Hakh'khar, Doctor Saychel, Doctor Yintal.
    Agents of Chaos II: Jedi Eclipse: Sapha, Gaph, Archon Beed Thane, Delegate Lol Miilarta, Borga Besadii Diori, Gardulla the Younger, Pazda Desilijic Tiure, Golga Besadii Fir, Leenik, Rol'Waran, Baffle, Pip, Bow, Deak (from Kyp's Dozen), Commander Ilanka, New Republic Envoy to Gyndine, Creed Mitsun, Minister Shirka, Amer Tariq, Commander Chine-kal, Subaltern Doshao, Subaltern Harmae, Subaltern Sata'ak, Subaltern Tugorn, Priest Moorsh, "Tall", "Short".

AusStig and ColeFardreamer like this.
  6. Ventrix

Ventrix Jedi Master star 1

May 28, 2014
    Trilla

Zer0, Slater, Ithorians and 4 others like this.
  7. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Faro Argyus

8. GrandMoffTrachta

GrandMoffTrachta Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 11, 2022
    Laurita Tohm. Sedriss QL.

9. Hamburger_Time

Hamburger_Time Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2010
    Poor Zam. Hyped up by the marketing so much, actually did so little.

Even as a kid I thought that was strange.

10. Iron_lord

Iron_lord 31x Wacky Wednesday Winner/24x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 2, 2012
    Nakari Kelen in Heir to the Jedi

Vialco, Slater, Dream-Thinker and 2 others like this.
  11. EmperorHorus

EmperorHorus Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2016
    I think the point is to pick your favourites, or the one's that "died too soon". Not list every character that died lol

12. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    Jem Ysanna and in general Lukes earliest Jedi apprentices... their death toll is near 100% lol.

I also wonder how many Jedi Luke lost during the Raid on Korriban when he and Kyle went with all they got in to take down the Reborn and Cult of Ragnos! A kinda Geonosis level event as a Jedi first strike from the Katarn game Jedi Academy.

13. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    Still miffed about the off-screen death of Dynba Tesc in Dark Tide II: Ruin.

14. Noash_Retrac

Nov 14, 2006
    Lol. But these count as my favourites. And its a case of "Last known to be living at the end of these novels but not seen afterwards", "Either dead or we never found their bodies" or "Ultimate fate unknown as the Vong War got very VERY big".

15. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    Skelly and Denetrius Vidian from A New Dawn.

Enric Pryde from TROS.

Gorian Shard aka the Moss Pirate from Mando Season 3.

Xammer and Dream-Thinker like this.
  16. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Agreeing on Eryl and Trilla, actually kept both of them alive in my SW verse. Also Callista, what was done to her was dirty, plain and simple.

17. Noash_Retrac

Nov 14, 2006
    I think all of us have a list of characters done dirty by Del Rey from NJO onwards and the reboot in 2014 that would take up 100+ pages ;)

18. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Vialco and jSarek like this.
  19. Noash_Retrac

Nov 14, 2006
    In studying the First Battle of Obroa-skai, it's kinda sad there was never an expansion of the battle. We only saw its ending :(

Vialco and Sinrebirth like this.
  20. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    Wade =((

Last edited: Jul 21, 2023
    Sarge and Ventrix like this.
  21. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Warship analog and two elderly cruisers and a Golan have a fight and NR loses?

Not much more to it, was it?

Vialco and Noash_Retrac like this.
  22. Noash_Retrac

Nov 14, 2006
    But what were the two antiquated warships and the model of the Golan defence platforms reconditioned for the fight?

Definitely characters we never knew.

23. EmperorHorus

EmperorHorus Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2016
    For me the answer was always Darth Maul. Or at least should have been. Never been a fan of his resurrection, even though he was killed off too soon intially. Bit of a confusing contradiction I guess.

24. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    Not necessarily. You're saying he shouldn't have been resurrected, but nor should he have died in the first place.

BlackRanger and AusStig like this.
  25. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    I liked Durga the Hutt, thought he was very interesting to see a Hutt who wants to make them an Empire (again), or just be more than a gangsta. Would have been very interesting if he had lived through the Vong war and the change the Hutts underwent after wards.