main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG OST is in stores now!!

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by jalibhoy, May 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    I bought my OST from Gramophone yesterday..costs S$21.95. There wasn't any free poster though.

:(

2. JediBoo

JediBoo Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2004
    http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/HMV_Exclusive_ROTS_Soundtrack_Cover_91933.asp

3. lukedecop

lukedecop Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 25, 2002
    Groovy, thanks for the info dude :)
    BTW guys, if your looking for the holographic version cover soundtrack of EP 4-6, you could check out music juntion at Plaza Singapura. Its retail price is about $30plus

4. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    For the OT OSTs, the cheapest I've found is S$29.90 at Sembawang Music Store.

5. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Hi JediBoo,

I got mine from HMV Heeren, and there's no gold box.
    The cover is just the movie poster cover, and it comes in what looks like a single CD box, but it's actually a 2CD box with the DVD on the other side. I didn't get any free poster... either the salesperson forgot to give me one, or there's no such promo at HMV Heeren.

Beware!!!
    For those of you who really wanna remain spoiler-free... there may be spoilers in the DVD!

6. JediBoo

Apr 11, 2004
    JediJean, thanks for your info.

I guess I'll just shove all the dumb special editions aside and just get a normal one.

7. wmgan

wmgan Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 27, 2004
    Or maybe they'd run out of posters already.

Of the ROTS footage in the DVD -- there's nothing that you haven't already seen in the teaser and trailer. (I was REALLY surprised that they revealed Sid's identity in the trailer!)

So... those "spoiler-free" people, do you like shut your eyes and ears or something whenever the SW trailer plays in the cinema or in the MRT station? =)

8. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Yes I saw some scenes on the MRT and on TV Mobile that I had never seen before. Might as well have put a stake through my heart.

:D

9. wmgan

Sep 27, 2004
    Ya... like Obi-Wan riding the Boga, the lizard-like creature and some additional shots from the Palps vs. Yoda duel that wasn't in the trailers. Were those "TV spots" crafted by Lucasfilm itself?

By the way, I kind of envy those people who have never watched the classic trilogy, and not known ANYTHING about Star Wars except what they saw in Episodes 1 and 2... I wonder if the events that transpire in ROTS would be as much of a surprise (or perhaps even more) than what we felt when we first saw "the revelation" in ESB (actually, I didn't even have that luxury, because silly me started with ROTJ).

10. wmgan

Sep 27, 2004
    By the way, back to the topic... what do you guys think of the new soundtrack?

I agree with what many have complained about on Amazon... the triumphant-sounding end credits music doesn't quite fit with the tone of the movie. I can see how Luke and Leia's theme fits in with the movie, but the Throne Room music? I really don't get that!

11. JediBoo

Apr 11, 2004
    Its titled "A New Hope"
    The music is almost as if re-telling the story that happened with the Twins (in the Original Trilogy)

The search for Leia (Leia's Theme), then together they fight for freedom (Battle of the Heroes), then they finally overthrow the Empire, therefore playing the Throne Room theme.

At first, I was wondering why John Williams chose to take those old tracks into the End Credits, but giving after much thought, this is what I believe his decision was.

12. wmgan

Sep 27, 2004
    No, I think the track is titled "A New Hope & End Credits" or something like that; the "A New Hope" portion will probably be played during the ending sequence where Bail Organa decides to adopt Leia and Ben hands Luke over to the Lars family, just before fading into the end credits.

There is no reason to "tell the next story" during the end credits, and it wouldn't fit into the trend set by the other Star Wars movies (unless you count Darth Vader's breathing at the end of the Episode 1 end credits).

13. xeno_kenobi

xeno_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 4, 2002
    Wah, the DVD has this really cool action of Obi Wan !!! Not telling you guys cause I scared kena for telling Spoilers. :p

14. wmgan

Sep 27, 2004
    Really? What cool action? Must watch it again...

By the way you can make your text "invisible" by typing "<hl=white><color=white>" before and "</color></hl>" after it, but replace the angle brackets ("<>") with square brackets ("[]"). (Of course, you can also change "white" to any other colour that's recognized by the system.) Spoiler-free people wouldn't be able to see the "hidden" text; you have to highlight it to see it.

15. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Does anybody have the OT Special Edition soundtracks? Either the embossed cover edition released in 1997 or the recently re-released holographic covers. I'd like to borrow them if possible.

:)

16. wmgan

Sep 27, 2004
    I have copies (ahem) of the ESB and ROTJ soundtracks, but not ANH. I would offer to make you a copy but unfortunately they're at home in Malaysia so I can't. =(

17. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    It's ok..my intention is to rip from the CDs anyway. I also have copies from all the OSTs but they're in a different format. Long story.

Anyone else have the OT soundtracks?

18. JediBoo

Apr 11, 2004
    wmgan, the music is powerful enough to tell the story without images. John Williams has done so much, until he is able to somewhat summarise the OT with 10 minutes of music.

Sure, they are odd choices to use in the End Credits. But the nostalgic feeling (of watching the OT that many years ago) is priceless.

Of course, you dont have to agree with my interpretation :)

19. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Jazz,

If you can wait, I may be getting the OT set end of this month...

20. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Oh okay! I don't mind waiting. :)

21. wmgan

Sep 27, 2004
    This is quite irrelevant, but - has anyone seen the Region 1 Phantom of the Opera DVD (2-disc version) yet? So far I've only seen the Region 3...

22. padawan_princess

padawan_princess Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2005
    "Does anybody have the OT Special Edition soundtracks? Either the embossed cover edition released in 1997 or the recently re-released holographic covers. I'd like to borrow them if possible."

Jazz, I have the OT set, I can lend it to you if you want. It's the recently re-released one, not the 1997 one, though.

23. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    padawan_princess - Thanks! Are you going to collect the Yoda poster? I don't need to actually borrow the CDs home. I'll just bring along my notebook and 'rip' them on the spot. :D

24. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    padawan_princess and aanakin - Thanks for lending me the CDs! I'll make sure I return to you next Sat.

JediJean - Don't think I need to borrow from you anymore. But thanks!

:)

25. jollyskeleton

jollyskeleton Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2005
    speaking of posters. The other posters are large, but apparently the soundtrack poster is much smaller. Is it just me or does everyone have a small vader?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.