main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Outside Time - an Epitaph Short

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Sinrebirth , Nov 3, 2021.

1. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    IC: Urvaz Manticore
    Ablaze

He was no longer listening to words, for now was the time for Glorious Battle and nothing else.

Darth Manticore’s ascended form was the zabrak Sith Lord's answer to Emperor’s Insipid’s challenge, who had in a way denied the zabrak Sith Lord Tulak Hord’s holocron, which he had craved. That decision would later be reinforced by an apparition of Tulak Hord himself, who would go on to reject and belittle Manticore during the events set in motion at Mortis.

Manticore’s hate would swell to unimaginable proportions, as would his insatiable obsession to evolve beyond his former limits, for there was almost nothing he wouldn’t do to achieve supremacy.

In due time, he found an answer, therefore achieving a measure of success, but it was not enough. How ironic then, that upon ‘dying’ for the Sith Order and then encountering the Darkstaff, those events would change everything. The ancient relic did not only reside within him, it had also unlocked pathways to ultimate transformation.

And now in his transformed state, the very ground beneath Manticore’s feet became slagged with every step. The dome of heat he exerted would extend for nearly half a kilometer in every direction, creating a hostile environment for any being caught within it.

The Lord of Hate remained focused on Anubis as energy left his opponent's back, presumably flying out of sight. Manticore did not need his ‘eyes’ to track them, nor would they prove a distraction. Neither would Darth Cocytus.

Though Manticore was sorely tempted in that moment to reduce both kaminoans to ‘fried blubber’, Manticore understood that Anubis would fully exploit such an opportunity and he could ill afford to grant his opponent even a minuscule advantage. That would mean certain doom. Manticore was far too seasoned a combatant to be swayed by such impulses.

Instead, Manticore’s fiery gaze remained on his opponent as Anubis summoned his scythe once again, which caused the zabrak to smirk. In this state, Manticore could also summon any weapon he wished out of thin air, for they would be forged from the very essence of his boundless hate. However, now more than ever, he himself was a living weapon.

There was a surge of power as a protective shroud enveloped the Sith Lord, which also enhanced his performance capabilities, even as the area of slagged ground continued to grow outward and run deeper, becoming larger with each passing moment, the heat inside the zone increasing.

Anubis attacked anew, however, this time he would find that his speed was not an issue for the transformed Sith Lord and Battlemaster. The weapon’s reach and speed were no longer a ’surprise’, nor was the range of motion - Manticore would seem to vibrate just out of reach from the strike, then counter with a conservative gesture of his hands, even as a conical blast of super heated plasma exploded forth, fully intending to incinerate and consume his opponent.

[​IMG]

Was it not Anubis who had declared their encounter was one to the death and not simply defeat.

“Then, so be it!”

The world entire would be set ablaze.

Tag: @Sinrebirth, @Shadowsun *( If in the area , @Mitth_Fisto, @Jerjerrod-Lennox, @Darth Cocytus)

Last edited: Dec 11, 2021
  2. Darth Cocytus

Darth Cocytus Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2016
    Darth Cocytus
    A Deal With The Dark

Darth Cocytus stared at the cloaked figure, feeling the darkness ooze and radiate from the figure, even sensing something of undeath from him. It was clearly a being of the Darkness, but to any Sith worth their salt, that did not mean that he was an ally to be trusted. The kaminoan’s bulbous eyes would blink before narrowing as the cloaked mask, identifying itself as Azathoth, made it’s offer over to him. It wasn’t the first time such beings made such promises only to prove empty in the end.

“I find the offer of assistance from your Patriarch quite alluring.” Cocytus replied thoughtfully, “Even more so if similar promises of power in the past have not proved to be false and treacherous in the end.”

His eyes narrowed in suspicion.

“What sort of tasks do you wish my apprentice and I to perform?” He asked begrudgingly, hating the idea of being some other being’s errand boy again, “I assume they would involve a travel across multiple timelines, hm?”

@Mitth_Fisto @Sinrebirth @Jerjerrod-Lennox @Shadowsun @HanSolo29

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Last edited: Dec 11, 2021
  3. Shadowsun

Shadowsun Force Ghost star 4

Jun 26, 2017
    IC: Anubis
    To stand before a god

The twin blue eyes of Anubis that had been so calm, so tranquil grew wide in surprise as the cone began to bellow forth. One of the floating eyes twitched viewing Malum, Vydra, and Dunkeel.

Malum...

Anubis's nostrils flared as the cone of plasma began to unfurl itself towards him. He could feel its energy, a god-like amount of energy as he then let out his hand in the brief instant between the plasma unleashing itself from Manticore's hand and it coming to reach Anubis. Anubis unleashed large curved plates of red energy so that all the plasma, all the heat would be funneled into him. His body was like a vacuum, absorbing all heat, all energy, all power.

He could not help but feel it not dissimilar to that of Sun Gods. Apollo coming chiefly to mind, so raw, so deadly... but a god could match such a power. Absorb such a power. Consume such a power.

The funnel was designed to prevent any kind of collateral damage a great device to prevent the weaker Malum from having to contend with such intensity. Although Anubis underestimated the human in this regard. To Anubis, it seemed it would be able to survive the parts of the beam that were not its center, the weaker outer portions all that would hit it.

The brunt of the attack would land squarely on Anubis's chest. Such raw heat, the heat of the Sun. Far hotter than that of a lightsaber, a heat capable of melting beskar... it burned away at Anubis's skin. The soft tissue melted away, revealing the seemingly delicately skeletal frame with Anubis.

He had been close to the conical blast, so it had not been able to spread out as far as it could have, much of it located at Anubis's chest. The thin drags of flesh, exposed spine, and bone were all that were connecting the upper half of Anubis to his lower half. There was the look of surprise that then hardened to anger, the look of tranquility gone from the being.

"Did you think that would be enough to kill a Death God?"

Death and Life were two sides of the same coin to Anubis. From Death comes Life and from Life comes Death. And so his body would heal but not from a wellspring of life but merely the reversal of Death and decay.

The jackal-headed being snarled, looking towards Manticore with deathly intent.

The aura that had been around Anubis then seemed to explode, running wild with murderous intent as the God glowered at Manticore.

Anubis moved with unbridled speed, a speed faster than before. The jackal god dove straight for Manticore, his pose and manner ready to move at a moments notice as he then seemed to phase out of existence. Then seemingly appearing by Manticore's side as a current of black smoke erupted from the Jackal's gods mouth. All of it want to envelop and touch Manticore.

Manticore would be able to tell, he could feel it, in fact even Vydra, Dunkeel, and Malum would be able to feel it ever so slightly. The unmistakable sensation of death. An intuition that would almost undoubtedly reverabte in Manticore that this substance if it enveloped him would mean his death. The jackal-headed moved again as the red blast of energy that had exploded from his back from before Manticore's plasma blast now came down.

The net of energy then expanded, ballooning to a great size over the both of them striking down with a thunderous speed, aiming to dig down into the earth and form a great sphere around the two beings. And then it began to close at a rapid rate, just as the ever-spreading death smoke billowed toward the Zabrak. As this happened Anubis would move seemingly now coming round to Manticore's back, his hand reaching out to touch the Zabrak's shoulder. The same intuition would likely come to Manticore. Don't let him touch the shoulder.

"Let me weigh your heart,"

It would seem that to attack Anubis would spell certain death, the spread of the smoke was fast and great, but Manticore was a cunning warrior he was sure to find a way out.

Or else there was only Death.

TAG: @greyjedi125 (mentions for @Mitth_Fisto @Jerjerrod-Lennox)

OOC: Azathoth post coming soon, need to clarify some things with the GM... ;)

4. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    IC: Urvaz Manticore
    Darkside Unbound

Anubis still lived.

In his life he had seen many things that defied reason, as he himself was an example of such a thing. Still, he found himself experiencing a measure of surprise, for he had intended to incinerate his adversary - Anubis - to literal ashes. Instead, his opponent, though seeming at the very brink of death by immolation, before his very eyes, began to regenerate all the flesh that had been burnt clean off.

‘Impressive’ did not begin to cover it.

Did this Anubis just absorb most of his attack?

There was no time for a deeper analysis as Anubis calm gave way to anger- which in turn amused Manticore. To think that he’d never encountered an opponent this powerful before, and he would not, for Anubis was from outside his ‘reality’, and thus had been beyond his reach.

Then Anubis made a curious pronouncement. Did he just claim to be a ‘death god’?

Manticore narrowed his gaze as he chuckled mirthlessly. Too many beings were too quick to label themselves as ‘gods’, or were viewed as such by those they'd conquered. So where then were these many ‘gods’ of old?

Manticore was not swayed by such talk, not after having been in the presence of The Left Handed god himself- and lived to tell the tale. This presumed 'death god' paled in comparison.

Moreover, Anubis was clearly ignorant of a deep mystery of the Force.

‘There is no death…!’

And so, Anubis reacted in his anger; a concept all sith were intimately familiar with- a dynamic they utilized continually, a tool they always exploited. There was no doubt in Manticore’s mind that Anubis was very powerful, which was evidenced by his ever greater speed and multiple attacks. The sensation of 'impending death' was now palpable, but did not trouble the zabrak- he had died before, more than once in fact. A Sith did not fear death, but learned how to navigate it, prepare for it, even cheat it- as evidenced by the not-so-late Sith Emperor.

Manticore surged and unsealed his Hate, even as Anubis moved about, releasing his ‘black smoke’, as the red energy began to descend from above. Manticore’s form would turn pitch black as he shrouded himself in red flames. The area he had heated would liquify as a result from the exponential increase.

Manticore had mentioned before that he was an extension of a Sith Emperor, yet there was a deeper mystery to his words. Were not all Sith also extensions of Typhojem? Was the Darkstaff not capable of obliterating planets in a blink of an eye?

Anubis? Unkillable? Point made. Indeed, there was no death, but the bringer of death could be destroyed...or at the very least his host body.

As for Manticore, he was the Lord of Hate, limitless and unquenchable. He would persist and fight on, undaunted by any force or agency. The pattern in the cycle was clear. His hate would smash every atom, consume all matter, release all energy.

One’s strength was measured against the enemies they conquered, and this enemy was the strongest he had ever faced- one who was worthy of his strongest response.

Let the red rain come. Bring forth the grasping hand. Let them strike the match of their own doom. The 'death god' couldn't hope to weight that which had no end, that which was limitless.

No.

There is no Death.

There is only Hate.

[​IMG]

Tag: @Sinrebirth, @Shadowsun *( Apologies to those nearby )

Last edited: Dec 12, 2021
    darthbernael and Shadowsun like this.
  5. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    IC: The Patriarch and Anubis
    Cease

Anubis eyes quaked in surprise once more as the heat began to explode off Manticore. It was a force capable of destroying this entire place. Anubis loomed large, growing in a great size as he came to breathe an impossibly cold deathly chill over Manticore's blast, hoping that it would neutralize the blast.

He would never know if it would have or not.

Time seemed to stop, the Patriarch now stood hovering in the air above them both, his hand outstretched. It could have been any one of the three here. Patriarch, Master, Balance. But he had been the one that had instigated this fight, he had a sense of responsibility to end it.

Fire and Ice. It was two qualities the Patriarch knew all too well, one he had utter and total mastery over. More than Malum, Anubis, or even that of Sapientis could ever dream to achieve.

Though he thought even Sapientis would be capable of putting out this fire.

The torment of energy would be sucked into the Patriarch's open hand, funneled into an impossible vacuum, all the heat, all the chill, the death smoke that decayed what it touched, the red energy of Anubis... all of it feel compelled to be sucked into the calm, pale palm of the Patriarch.

And then there was silence, save for the continuing fight between Malum, Vydra, and Dunkeel. He would not interfere with that. Not yet.

He descended down, standing a few feet away from the twin pair. Anubis eyes glaring in anger towards the Patriarch.

"Apologies Darth Manticore, but it was I who ordered Anubis to fight you... though I never had any intention of letting either of you die... I would also rather not see those two die..."

He pointed a finger towards Vydra and Dunkeel.

"A test of strength, that is something I think you can understand quite well... so Manticore... the darkness in your heart... how does it make you feel?"

TAG: @Sinrebirth @greyjedi125 @darthbernael @Mitth_Fisto @Jerjerrod-Lennox

IC: Azathoth

The masked man tilted his head, he had not expected Cocytus to instantly say 'yes'. In fact, if he did he would be an idiot and of little help to them.

"Timelines yes... there are a number of possible tasks... the ebb and flow of them depending on this rapidly evolving situation..." Azathoth paused. The Patriarch was coming across a wealth of new information, and his understanding of the cluster of timelines that the Master was so interested in the Patriarch was still having issues accessing... though that was a discussion for another time.

"Finding and locating Keys. Information gathering on Shards of Light and Dark... an eyes and ears that is capable of getting what is needed. The exact specifics I cannot disclose as I'm sure you can understand..."

Azathoth looked in the distance towards the power surge that had been Anubis and Manticore and now silence that followed.

"The cluster of timelines you know are not the only realities that exist. There are worlds where the Force does not exist. Worlds of Magic. Worlds of 'normalcy'. Worlds that operate with laws and functions beyond what you thought was capable. My associates are all from such worlds.

The Patriarch is one that invests in loyalty and mutual interest. Who will seek to elevate those that work with him, and keep working with him. Not discard them once they do the bare minimum of what is needed.

Would you like to see it? To see what the Omniversal Holy Order has to offer?"

TAG @Darth Cocytus

6. Darth Cocytus

May 8, 2016
    Darth Cocytus
    The Tasks At Hand

Darth Cocytus sensed the surprise from Azathoth at his quick agreement, and opened his mouth to speak. “I am only agreeing because I believe that I have very little choice in the matter and because I'm a very reasonable Sith Lord with ears to listen.” He was quick to point out, “Also, because this would likely lead me to other timelines that I could take advantage of for my quests."

The Kaminoan stroked his chin as the cloaked being made his case, explaining what was to be asked of him as well as the nature of the timelines. “Hmmm. Yes. The infinite possibilities of the timelines have occurred within my imagination upon my very first crossing from my erased timeline.” He replied thoughtfully before smirking thinly, “No doubt there may be an alternate version of that very same timeline, unscathed by that Typhojem and others where alternate versions of myself have had more successful results in my- or their - endeavors for absolute power.”

“The possibilities truly are… endless, no?” The kaminoan smirked jokingly, “In fact, in one timeline, we may all be nothing but fictional characters in stories being shared on a sort of… holonet of sorts, yes? Writing exactly what we're saying as we speak."

Cocytus chuckled softly at the existentialism of it all and then stroked his chin at the final offer. A new scheme taking plant within his mind.

“Yes.” He answered with eyes glowing in Dark Side ambition, “Yes I would like to see what this ‘Patriarch’ has to offer in return for my services.”

@Shadowsun

7. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    OOC: A combo with @darthbernael @Sinrebirth and @Lady Belligerent

IC: The Patriarch, The Balance, The Master and Bellorum

Sipping Tea, Trading Stories

The Patriarch took another sip of his tea. He smirked slightly at Ronin Master's final comment about that Malum and Azathoth were trying to kill the Master.

"Trying to gauge Malum's power set are we?" spoke the Patriarch with some amusement.

The Patriarch look to the Master again, focusing on what he was truly saying.

"Is not the one named 'Vicrul' hiding itself in the Azathoth from the Twilight realm... Kazan Aima... did not Azathoth already kill him within that time?"

The cloak that covered the Balance seemed in a constant state of flux as the battles outside raged. Every use of the Force caused another ripple to run through him. As the Master spoke, several different faces and species seemed to peek from beneath the cowl.

The mention of Jin Long brought a hiss and a forked tongue that snaked from the darkness of the cloak before the shape shifted once more. This time the tip of a patrician nose poked from beneath the hem of the cloak. One long fingered hand rose, a sip of his tea, ”Naive, but I do look forward to your reaction when the First Light shows up and throws your plans into chaos when you must deal with them as well.”

He sighed, ”Jin Long…that is a loss I mourn still. He tried so long to hold back the Darkness, but mortals can only stand so long against the infinite. The others…I felt were lost before even Zas’tel was accused of being the traitor.”

Glancing at the Patriarch, ”Once again he’s seemed to distract you from your purpose here, leading you onto tangents.”

The Patriarch glanced back to Balance ever so briefly. His reactions to the Master's comments revealing the Balance's motivations and ideals ever so slightly.

"My true purpose cannot come to fruition if this threat is indeed true as the Master claims. And you seem not to deny its potential for chaos either which only adds to its validity,"

There was not a question of 'if' the threat of the Darkness was true in the Patriarch's mind. There was too much evidence, both from his experience with his aspects as well as with this third party that was the Balance that all converged to add to the validity of this threat. But yes... the Patriarch's purpose. They would arrive at that soon enough.

Bellorum stirred and rolled to her back feeling a familiar shimmer within the Force. ’You’re back,’ she smiled in her slumber as she reached for him.

Aryan?

That shimmer coalesced into a spark, she’d recognized the patterns that were so familiar, but…no. Bell’s eyes opened and she sat up in bed, and the presence was gone as quickly as it came.

This wasn’t her bed and she hadn’t felt Aryan, it was like Aryan except he was younger and subtly different. She clinched her hands together and felt her ring, it was solid and it grounded her. She’d been sure Aryan had been nearby, but all traces of whoever it was had disappeared.

Bell looked down and saw she was wearing Aryan’s dress shirt that she’d been sleeping in, and she recognized her own garments were laying on the footboard of the bed. There was nothing else in this room that looked familiar or told her where she was.

After she dressed, Bell inspected the room closer. That’s when she heard voices.

There was an opening in the wall, and it looked like someone had pulled a flexible pipe from inside the wall. The voices were reverberating through it, so she listened.

The name they mentioned meant nothing to her, nor did she recognize the speakers voices. She did note the mention of ’the darkness’.

“Where the kriff am I?” Bell spoke out loud to herself, standing there alone in a strange place.

The Master pointed an accusing finger at the third person at the table, speaking to the Patriarch.

“The Balance here wants to perpetuate the cycle. To continue the endless war between Light and Darkness. He doesn’t want either side to win, and is content that the First Darkness is stage left.” He turned his gloved hand to indicate his hood. “I sent my eye into the future via a Kyber crystal. Everyone who attuned to the blade joined my sight. I saw it all; thirty five millennia of endless war, ending with the Darkness - the Old Ones - winning.”

He told the truth, and from a sleeve he produced that selfsame lightsaber; the one which contained the Eye. It was Palpatine’s primary blade. This particular shell for the specific Kyber was nearly two centuries old.

“So you can probably see why I dislike the Balance.”

Of course, Bellorum beneath had a flash of the Old Ones. Memories of Abeloth, Typhojem, Ooru, Mnngal-Mnngal

The Patriarch drummed his fingers. His eyes golden eyes glanced to the Master.

"You did not answer my question," he spoke simply taking another sip of his tea. "How is an Aima supposed to bond with the 'Vicrul' darkness when there are no living Aimas in the time where the Twilight Azathoth resides?"

There was a shudder in the Patriarch's eyes, something playing in his mind as he repeated his question.

"Azathoth you... well seems he has become utterly played by Vicrul,"

He paused for a moment, looking to the Balance. They were not in agreement, no they were rivals in a sense not quite enemies. So it made any information they agreed on that much more valid.

"Manticore, Dunkeel, Vydra, Azathoth... they all currently have a shard within them correct? Sealed or otherwise..."

He tilted his head.

"And Arek and this Braata you wish to seal the remaining two. And what then this 'First Darkness' appears and we physically fight it..."

He took another sip of his tea. His golden eyes glinted in thought.

"Where are the last two Darkness shards located?"

Bellorum was starting to get restless, the conversation of stuffy males was maddeningly dull. Balance? She wondered why they discussed that, and she wasn’t clear if they meant harmony between light and darkness? Clearly not, she scoffed at such a ludicrous notion.

Maybe they were trying to reason out an evenness in something tangible? Gah!

Then the same voice named dropped the Old Ones.

She swallowed hard and recalled them. She had a closer encounter to Abeloth than the others. But, the mere mention of Typhojem, Ooru, or Mnngal-Mnngal, made her skin crawl.

The same being disliked Balance, there was something she could agree with him on. Balance indeed, she was a Sith who had no need for balance. It’s all or none.

It was something she’d heard debated countless times, why would these men be wasting their breath on it now…

Bell wanted to know where that young male was, the one who felt so much like her husband.

“Azathoth?” Bell whispered, why were they discussing him? It was hard to discern everything, but she caught the names mentioned. Arek? Aryan had told her his son was named Arek…was that who she’d felt?

This wasn’t the first time someone mentioned Darkness:..where am I? She couldn’t keep sitting there listening to the men talk. Bell tried the door, and it opened into a poorly lit corridor. She stayed against the walls and moved slowly into the shadows, the temperature dropped when she took a flight of stairs downward.

The Balance had sat back as the Master spoke, at the deliberate deception, he chuckled. He was in flux, still, as he drank his tea. The patrician’s guise faded, as he flowed through bodies and guises he’d worn over the eons, to fit in with the mortals. One that he passed through was intriguing, one he’d not worn or had, he couldn’t recall, but in that moment he seemed to both be sitting there with a distinctly reptilian snout poking out, while also expanding to enormous dimensions. The moment passed and he was now in the appearance of a taller, paler being, long fingers gently holding the cup, ”Oops, don’t think that one’s been seen yet.” he said with another chuckle.

The Patrician had plenty of questions, and except for making sure the chaos outside and in here, of a different type, didn’t tip things too far one way or the other, he was content to let the other two men talk. However, his pinkie rose, ”Never said the Prime Darkness should always live, only said that if one dies the other must too, or you will still fail, old frenemy.”

The Master glowered at the Balance, and turned back to the Patriarch, whose words followed his first question. So incensed by the Balance, he'd forgotten to answer.

"Let's rewind," he said, the words still reaching Bellorum below for the moment. "Manticore's shard is in someone tangentially related to him, formerly named Jin Long, now the Darkness within is named Ashmet." A shrug. "As for Dunkeel and Vydra, because they're sealed; they've not gotten a name anymore, thankfully. The one named Vicrul, sure, it was within an Arb, and now it's hopped and is running UnuTobias, contrary to whatever belief he may have, you can't seal Darkness with the dark side of the Force."

He paused. "But I'm surprised you've already figured out the main weakness of the Darkness, though."

He glanced at Balance. "Did you tell him?"

Bellorum would suddenly recognise the voice that had spoken to her initially and woke her, because its owner was standing at the door she'd opened. It was Ike, in a Black Coat. "So you're here too."

The Patriarch tapped his chin, seemingly thinking idly as the Master brought up the 'main weakness' of the Darkness.

"Hmm? Ah... yes well it is odd that the Darkness does not have full independent versions as we do, but what is the Dark but not the ultimate parasite. But yes the fact that it is unable to create a direct agent and must work through others is of a great boon,"

He was quiet for a moment as if he was observing something.

"My, my Anubis, Manticore did end up hurting you..." there was a proud smirk on his face, taking another sip of his tea as he looked back to the Master.

"And yes it is logical that the Dark Side cannot seal Darkness, one cannot seal water with more water... hence the irony of having to seal it with non-Dark siders but non-Darksiders likely being too afraid or too unkeen of anything tainted by darkness to accept on even touch it,"

The Patriarch starred back down at his tea. He presumed by that same logic that if there were shards of this 'Prime Light' that they could only be sealed by the Dark Side. He gave half a look up at the Balance who was saying something about a form that had not been seen. Curious... but so many more pressing curiosities took precedence.

"The Master, the Balance, and the Patriarch... I suppose there is something about being multiversal where names become hidden..." he spoke with a slight chuckle before continuing.

"The last two shards... do you know where they are located?"

“Ike?” Bellorum gasped softly.

“Where are we?” She whispered as she searched along the corridor. “I don’t know how I got here, and I want to know who is responsible for that.”

She hasn’t been angry, but now she was, and what about Aryan? Where was he? Of course, their bond…

Aryan? Where are you

Maybe he was here and she hadn’t found him yet? She quietly peeked into every dark corner for anything concealed.

“Wait.” Bell turned back to Ike, “that’s a different look for you…what the actual kriff is going on?”

The Patriarch stirred for a brief moment as he awaited the Master to answer his question.

Anubis.

Manticore.

Their battle had gone on long enough, and such power would end up destroying this place. The Master had been such a gracious host... it would be rude to allow such a thing to happen. And so the Patriarch phased out of himself, as a clone of magic remained seated listening to the two of them, connected and link to the Patriarch's Will, the original went to subdue the chaos he had started.

Balance simply smiled at the Master’s question. He didn’t have to speak much about what was going on as the Patrician was obviously an intellect in the same league as he and the Master. The events outside were proceeding and elevating at a pace that was making things interesting for he himself, as those outside touched upon the energies that powered their abilities. His form was shifting from one to another and he was enjoying the ‘old classics’.

Elongating slightly, the bottom of his cloak shifted, as though his knees were bent backward, the portion of his face that could be seen seemed a living version of the helms that Mandalorians wore. And then the ‘fireworks’ outside seemed to calm. His eyes shifted to the Patriarch, ”Thank you…” he murmured.

He wondered about this one, what his plans were, but he could sense that the man wasn’t desiring what the Master did. This one desired power, desired to reign but not to end it all. He raised his teacup, a small salute before taking another sip.

Glancing once more at the one who he’d assisted, had defended against, for eons, ”There is a timeline we know, where they haven’t fully made their presence known, yet. Don’t tell me that’s where you sent the descendent of Joren…”

TAG: @darthbernael @Sinrebirth @Lady Belligerent

8. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Another exciting combo with the exceedingly creative @Shadowsun :)

IC: Darth Manticore

High Dejarik

The destructive flash of power had been blinding. The exertion of power; well beyond imagining. Such destructive exhilaration was beyond utterance. Indeed, the power of the darkside was supreme, for nothing could withstand it or survive such an attack. An insurmountable adversary required an insurmountable response…and yet…

Another being had appeared at the moment of detonation, a being who performed an impossible feat.

Manticore watched in complete astonishment as all energy and power flowed into the palm of the being's hand.

'Impossible!!!'

The event lasted a mere moment, before silence reigned again, almost as if nothing had occurred.

Manticore collapsed and fell on one knee, spent, with barely enough strength to remain where he was, his breath coming to him raggedly. Against his own will, he’d returned to his normal form after such a massive exertion of power; now cramps began to plague his physical form, painfully so, both within and without. Steam rolled from him in white evanescing swirls.The Sith Lord winced despite himself as he looked-up with a snarl.

The ground beneath the zabrak had cooled, leaving dark swirling patterns instead of molten rocks. But Manticore’s fiery gaze was filled with hate, now that he’d been left, oh-so-very weak and vulnerable.

Vulnerable enough to kill.

Furtively, the zabrak looked all around him, even as Anubis glared at the figure who had interfered. The others seemed quite preoccupied with their own affairs, even Darth Cocytus.

Feelings of Anger, Shame and Failure coursed through the zabrak like tidal waves, causing him to shudder in response. His only recourse now was to allow them to flow through him and pass.

As he considered the meaning of what had just transpired, he only half-listened to the being as he spoke. So, this was the one the ‘death god’ called Master. Manticore had never met this being, nor was he in anyway acquainted with him, but the being had addressed him by his sith name. Perhaps that shouldn’t come as a surprise after what he’d just witnessed.

Indeed, he could feel it more clearly now, the sense of being dwarfed by something that truly seemed infinite and decidedly ‘other worldly’.

So, this had been a ‘test of strength’ all along. This pronouncement cause Manticore to smirk, his black lips curling, the chuckle that followed sent a piercing stabbing pain inside his torso, which caused him to cough as a result.

“Darkness in my heart….” Manticore heard himself echo the question with a rasp.

How could he give an answer to something so profound. There was no simple answer that could be given, for the darkness within the Sith Lord had been with him for as long as he could remember. It was a source of both silent torment and demonstrable power- it lay at the very core of his being; it was his source of strength.

Yet…there was a word that could perhaps simplify the depth of this ‘feeling’, for the Sith Lord had a warrior’s heart. The word wasn’t a perfect descriptor, but it encompassed the foundation of how it made him ‘feel’.

Manticore took a deep breath and attempted to rise, shakily on his first attempt. He growled at himself and attempted again, this time managing the maneuver, albeit ungraciously. Straightening, he dusted himself as he offered a single nod at Anubis, then turned his head to regard this ‘All powerful being’. Manticore’s fiery eyes shone defiantly as he provided a single word answer.

“….Invincible.”

Anubis continued to glower at the Patriarch, but after a moment or two began to relax. His eyes returned to the calm, bored tranquility that they had been before the fight. He reminded himself of something, of his purpose and duty.

The Patriarch laughed at Manticore's answer, his pride was great. It was strong within him.

"Invincible you say? You feel invincible you say?" The Patriarch chuckled once more, a soft smile planted on his face.

"Manticore... indulge me if you would. Wapoe. Tell me of your history with him, what you think when you hear that name,"

Manticore eyed the being, noted his bearing and how Anubis seems to grow calmer. This being was poised and confident, and with good reason, but his open amusement was off-putting, especially for such a stranger- and one with so many questions.

"Do we know each other....?"

Anubis glanced to the Patriarch wondering how much he was going to tell the Zabrak. The Patriarch simply chuckled.

"Forgive me, where are my manners? I do have a tendency to get ahead of myself. Some address me as 'Lord Patriarch' for I am known as 'The Patriarch' you could call me that if you wished."

He paused, looking to the empty nothingness of the sky.

"I know you Manticore. I know that the Darkstaff is embedded in your being. I know that you battled Snoke and with the help Azathoth, Bernael, and Insipid you were able to defeat him. I know that you disappeared during a battle in Coruscant and then presumably appeared here. I know your comrades wait for your inevitable return to that time."

"Now... I have answered one of your questions... will you do me the courtesy of answering mine? And, if you'll allow me, I can rejuvenate your strength so you do not feel so weary,"

"Ah..." Manticore heard himself say aloud. The Patriarch, he mused within himself. That answered nothing, at least not directly, but an inkling was beginning to form. Indeed, the Patriarch was well informed of his recent history for someone whom he had nevermet, yet Manticore did wonder how much exactly did the Patriarch know about him. If the 'god of death' was his servant, it stood to reason that he may have others. Perhaps those standing not too far off?

Either way, if the Patriarch knew one thing about the zabrak Sith Lord, it would be his respect for Power. Of course, this was not the only thing Manticore respected, but it was on the top end of his list. Loyalty would also among them. Still, the Patriarch had shown that he possessed Power on a level he'd never experienced ever before- and that alone demanded respect.

"Well met Lord Patriarch..." Manticore intoned with a rasp. The zabrak was not the trusting type at all, but he was no fool either.

At the mention of Darth Insipid, Darth Bernael and Darth Azathoth, Manticore could not help but feel an unexpected pang move through him. Was he not fighting along side his fellow Sith but mere moments ago? So why did it feel like he'd been gone for an age. Did they think him dead? If so, he wouldn't blame them. Hearing that anyone might be 'waiting' for him nearly made him chuckle. Sith were not given to sentiment, though it did not mean they did not have them. Perhaps the Patriarch sought to manipulate the zabrak's emotions. Fortunately, he had almost none to pull. Yet, that was not entirely true, for Manticore had grown to trust his battle-brother, Darth Bernael and believed he had earned his trust in turn. Had he not married by now? What about the twins? Likewise, Manticore's respect for Sith Emperor Insipid had grown to such enormous proportions even he found it surprising, despite himself. Insipid had shown him by his actions the lengths a true leader would go through - just to preserve the Sith Order. In truth, the Sith Emperor had been a secret source of inspiration- even emulation. That's why Manticore felt duty-bound to destroy Darth Cocytus.

The kaminoan had embarked on a path that placed them against each other, as the Rule of Two would mean an end to the very Sith Order which had forged the Battlemaster that was 'Darth Manticore'. Indeed, Darth Bane had done what needed doing at the time to preserve the way of the sith, but that chapter was long over. To pursue it now was folly, nay, it was death.

As for Wapoe....

"I have met Wapoe...." Manticore intoned carefully as he began to look inward to his recollection.

"I do not trust Wapoe...." He breathed out, but forced himself continue.

"But I do owe him my life. He saved me and my battle-brother from 'Snoke'."

Manticore spoke the former Supreme Leader's name with utter disgust, even as he invoked Wapoe's name with measured bitterness. Despite his feelings towards the mysterious figure and his inscrutable reasons for saving them, the fact remained that Wapoe had done so, and made good on his investment. Snoke had been slain- and that deed wouldn't have been possible without Wapoe's timely rescue.

A moment of brief reflection was allowed before the zabrak spoke again.

"I would not be opposed to being revitalized." Manticore declared then.

Normally the zabrak would have declined such an offer, but these were strange times. Besides, the conflict had been initiated by the All Powerful Patriarch, thus it seemed only right that he make restitution for his personal amusements. And though it still remained unresolved, there was the matter of dealing with the Sith Traitor as well.

"I see," intoned the Patriarch, tilting his head as he wondered briefly which method he would use to rejuvenate Manticore.

He held out his hand, taking a step as his left hand clasped Manticore's left shoulder. A surge of lightning bellowing out of his hand and into Manticore. It was a mark contrast to the destructive energy of the Sith. It was just that energy. Energy that went into every cell and fiber of Manticore, returning him to his state as he entered the battlefield.

The Patriarch tilted his head in some thought wondering every so briefly to himself about the course of things. Anubis at this point had turned around to view the ongoing fight between Malum, Vydra, and Dunkeel.

"The Darknesses... what do you know of them? Did Wapoe ever mention them?"

Manticore for his part inhaled deeply and exhaled for several breaths as the rejuvenating energy coursed through him, restoring him, galvanizing his every fiber. The process was quite impressive, chiefly due its the sheer effectivity when compared to his standard dependence on bacta tanks. He had not even heard of the Jedi being able to perform such a feat. Certainly to restore someone so fully, so quickly was nothing short of wondrous.

The zabrak nodded his thanks, for not even he was completely without decorum, but before he could formulate a single word, the Patriarch leveled yet another question at him.

For someone possessing so much power, the man sure had a lot of questions.

"The Darkness....?" Manticore mused aloud, understanding that the man did not speak of the darkside of the Force, since he alluded that there were more than one.

"No." Manticore admitted after a thoughtful pause.

"Wapoe and I did not have any...connection or opportunity to have any such discussion. This is the first I hear of it."

Manticore's eyes narrowed. Had they not averted the End of Time? Was there another threat aside from it, or was it because of it? The fact that these 'other worldly' beings were here only hinted at the scope of it. Then why was Darth Insipid not here? Why was he brought here instead?

"What about this Darkness...?" Manticore ventured to inquire of the Patriarch.

"Hmm..." spoke the Patriarch his golden-colored eyes glancing back to the keep.

"The Darkness seems to pose a problem, and there is much that even I have to understand about the cluster of timelines from which you come from,"

The Master had far too many cards for his liking. And much the Patriarch still needed to understand. It was bothersome really, but his drive, his compulsion to understand drove him at this moment. Manticore seemed to be speaking the truth about his lack of knowledge on the subject.

"I thank you Manticore... this is useful to know. I was not the one who brought you here. That would have been indeed, as you know him, Wapoe. But I do have a parting gift of information for you to know. Granted it is only a small piece of information."

He paused his calm, golden eyes looking to the fiery eyes of the zabrak.

"Azathoth... that young Sith who assisted you. He is Insipid's son."

Manticore tried to keep the surprise of such news from showing on his face, but this proved to be a marginal success.

"Azathoth? Darth Insipid's son? and not just his chosen heir?"

This was not something the zabrak Sith Lord could confirm at the very moment, but it was intriguing news to say the least. Were he to readily believe such information, well, he could imagine the great potential for 'court intrigue' among the Sith Leadership and their varying supporters; for such was the way of the sith.

Hmmm.There was much to consider, indeed.

The zabrak's fiery gaze did not waver as he spoke again.

"To the victor go the spoils..."

Manticore declared as he beat his chest with a fist as a way of saluting The Patriarch.

Tag: @Sinrebirth, @Shadowsun

darthbernael and Shadowsun like this.
  9. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    A combo with the Master himself @Sinrebirth. Thank you? Whimpers and curls into the fetal position.

IC: Bellorum

“Wait.” Bell turned back to Ike, “that’s a different look for you…what the actual kriff is going on?”

Ike looked at the black-coat. "It protects you from the Darkness - or the corruptive influence of the dark side." A cracked grin. "Those bad effects on my good looks, etc."

He looked into the catacombs behind them. "Well. You're asleep, and you've ended up here, because the dreams are always closer to the truth than not." A shrug. "That and you've been nominated for a Galactic Destiny thingey."

He pointed up at the surface. "Up there is a mixture of peeps who are from multiple timelines, or multiple realities, or both. This place, it's like a grave of broken places. It's all came together, Outside Time. I think, when we escaped our timeline, we may have even come here on our way to the next timeline." He shook his head. "Cocytus is here; Manticore too. They're fighting some Protectors and a hit-squad that is chasing the guy who is moving us around like pieces on a dejarik board."

Ike sounded grim. "Because that's what we are, and I don't like it."

Who is playing with us?” Bell asked, clearly getting overwhelmed. “I don’t care who else is up there,” she waved away any mention of the other Sith, unless it’s Aryan or Insipid? Are they here too?”

She groaned and took a deep breath, “what are we??

Every step forward towards some understanding of things came with 3 steps back in return. “Have you ever met Tera or Joren? They’re distantly related to Aryan and apparently me too. Their names keep coming up, and Joren was mentioned, just moments ago, by someone here.”

Bell walked around Ike and touched the black coat as she moved. Her fingers ran over Ike's left sleeve lightly feeling the fabric, and she trailed them across his upper back when she was behind him. When Bell stepped in close, she put both hands on his shoulders and slid them outward and down the sleeves as she looked into Ike’s eyes, “I will help you, if you will just tell me what to do?” She looked down and turned away before she asked her next question, “are we dead?”

Ike shook his head. "No, you're not dead."

"Think of this as... a highly interactive vision. You can die here, so we need to be super careful." He looked a little worried. "The head guy - we know him as Wapoe. He's messing with time and realities and stuff - he says he's "writing our Epitaph's.'" Ike sounded almost panicked, rushing to explain. "He created the Keys - you know those things that Haretisch killed for? Apparently there are eight of them - Typhojem escaped the Well because we had three."

He squeezed her hands. "We need to get going. Find a way out of this place, and you'll wake."

Bell pursed her lips, “but is Aryan here? Wait, do I need a special coat to protect me?”

She was sure that the damned scepter played into this…stopping suddenly she recalled what Tera said, “Tera said Aryan has the Darkness in him. How can I help him?”

Ike narrowed his eyes. "You don't need a coat, no. You're not physically here."

He looked concerned then. "The Darkness is called Skelm. I don't know where it is now. It could return to him. It's somewhere else now - somewhen else, maybe. It can travel down his bloodline. His son, Arek, he was here. He's good - a good person. He's not been infected by Skelm."

“That was Arek that I felt earlier!”
    She wondered why Arek would be here too, but explaining how this was a vision was something of a consolation. Of course, a vision that could result in actual death was a concern.

Ike was clearly wanting to hurry, so she would have to press for more details from him later, if he remembers.

“Okay, let’s go! You’re the one dawdling.” She gripped Ike’s hand, unwilling to allow them to get separated.

There had to be some way she could help her Ike. Bell didn’t like the memory issues he was suffering from, or how he seemed so agitated, Ike was usually more happy-go-lucky in the past.

Ike was momentarily surprised that she took his hand, but then he remembered that touch - when they'd skipped through the rain, alcohol in their free hands, a burning building behind them. A good memory. He smiled softly. Such a long time ago.

"Come on, I need to get you away from the Master - he's dangerous. He'll kill you just to achieve some far-off goal - a sacrifice, even if he has some elaborate plan to save everyone, he can't erase the hurt he's causing." Ike pursed his lips. "I should know."

"But then again, so will Insipid." He looked at her. "You can't trust him, Bell. That's why you're here. To listen to my warning."

As he spoke they traced the catacombs, and found the Gate that Arek had opened. There was a Sistros statue within it, turned as if a Key. "You need to go here to escape, before you're made into the new Braata.”

She studied the “gate” for a moment and considered that it seemed like a bad idea, but something told her that Ike would just shove her through if she didn’t go willingly.

“Braata? I’m not going to be made into anyone else,” she touched Ike’s face, “aren’t you coming with me? You can’t stay here and we might be able to catch up to Arek.”

Ike sighed. “I’m actually here - here here,” he said. He plucked at his skin. “I can’t pinch and wake up. I’m tied to all this. I always was. Insipid wasn’t wiping my memory to make me more pliable, no, he was setting me up to be your friend.”

“Because the Master asked him to.” He looked devastated. “I didn’t know, I just thought you were, I dunno, my sister from another mother,” a crack of a smile, “but I found out that our friendship was planned.”

He looked violently upset.

She didn’t.

Her face was stone cold.

“No. You’re not Ike,” she said through clenched teeth. “I should kill you for saying that,” Bellorum said before she turned and stepped into the gate. She has no idea what would happen, or where she’d end up, but she couldn’t stay there any longer.

Ike let her go.

As the gate consumed her, he spoke sadly. “No. I’m not your Ike. I’m Ike’s future self.”

And the Gate took her.

Tag: @Sinrebirth @HanSolo29 (for a mention)

10. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: The Master of No Name
    sipping

He felt like he was often sipping tea.

The Patriarch had taken it upon himself to intervene with Manticore, while Malum had done the same with Cocytus.

Effectively, Dunkeel had sealed the Sith here, and Alecto had been bested by Vydra.

So it that respect they were done. The Master could have reached into his box of tricks again, but he was unsure if it would have the desired effect.

He eyed Balance, shifting as he ever did. "I'm surprised you told others about the truth of the Six Darknesses..."

"... or have they not yet realised?"

He indicated out the keep-window at Ronin-Master, as well as the various iterations of Patriarch.

"Alright then." He raised a hand and flicked a finger at Vydra... who became many such iterations... two Pascale Rousers, one from the Twilight Timeline, and one from the One Timeline. A similar flick of the finger separated out Dunkeel into a variety of mix-matched species, but two stood out. and remained. One was a Croke named Soliloquy, and another was another nonhuman named Anor, well, the surname was Anor.

They weren't truly here, but they also were not here either.

"I think I've made my point..." He smiled drily. "Or have I not?"

A snap one more time, and Manticore was joined by Jin Long - before, that is - and also Vy'ndall.

"They all have a minimum of three descendants or versions. It's quite messy."

His finger swept towards the Balance.

"Dare I?"

He grinned at the Patriarch.

His other hand came up and snapped a finger at Cocytus. He was suddenly joined by two other versions of himself... one that had existed in the Twilight Timeline that we had never met, and another from the One Timeline that we had yet to meet. Cocytus himself was from the Legends Timeline after all...

Alecto looked aghast at it all.

"I don't understand what's happening."

None of them would.

None of them could.

The skies rumbled.

All of them had appeared outside the front of the keep.

Beneath it all, there was a swirling energy; the open Gate, deep in the catacombs of the Citadel, hidden from view but apparent in the Force and other sensibilities.

He called down. "If anyone sees Jacen Solo, please don't trust him - he's really Caedus, his dark inclination. He's been working with the Darkness. Let's not cause ourselves any more problems if we can, alright? Now, if you could hop to it, we have mischief to manage."

The Ronin-Master, swirling his hands to negate whatever effort was engaging with him, stepped back and away, regarding the additions. He could be said to be forlorn, perhaps - saddened.

He leaned forward, laughed and laughed and laughed, threw back his head.

"Did you truly think confronting me, here, in my own creation, was a smart idea?!"

He wasn't looking at the Balance, nor Patriarch, but to the sky.

At the colossal purple-edged crack forming above the glittering white timeline that encircled them.

What of Arek and Bellorum?

Well, they would appear roughly two-odd years after the Battle of Endor...

... well, Bellorum would return to herself and awaken, another mad night.

Arek was to be discovered, one would say.

No idea where Caedus went, though...

TAG: @Mitth_Fisto x 3, @darthbernael x 1, @Shadowsun x 5, @Jerjerrod-Lennox x 3, @Darth Cocytus x 3, @greyjedi125 x 3, @HanSolo29 (mention only), @Lady Belligerent (mention only)

11. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017

The Patriarch had been patient, indeed he was a patient being. He had not recalled the last time anger had boiled to the surface of his skin. He had known his aspects to do such things, but him? Centuries, millennia ago perhaps.But now there was a tinge of anger within the Patriarch's heart, an emotion he had not felt in ever so long. Even more so when the Master attempted to teleport the Patriarch to outside the front keep.

But the anger did not rise to his face and was not perceptible to the other two multiversal beings within the realm. He did not look to the spilling of parallel or related entities. He was not impressed, and very much so understood what was happening.

The Master was showing off.

The Patriarch had phased back into one being at the conclusion of his short talk with Manticore. His mind contemplated the utterly lackluster conversation he was having with the Master that he had been waiting ever so long for. He had not had to only have to repeat a question of his once, but now twice and this latest question remained unanswered.

The Patriarch was not a being accustomed to having to repeat himself. And this 'Master' seemed to not register that the Patriarch had already agreed to aide him in his quest to defeat the Darkness, had asked how he could help, another question that had been ignored, but now seemed more interested in the unfolding chaos that in the actual crisis that had him so worried.

No, it was not anger that was wedged in the Patriarch's heart. It was disappointment.

He sent out a message to the various members of the Omniversal Holy Order informing them that they were to leave. Malum stopped his attack of clones and needles the instant before it would have collided with Vydra and Dunkeel. And the associated others that had just materialized by them. The Patriarch then teleported himself beside the Master.

The Patriarch's golden-colored eyes swiveled to view him.

"You seem preoccupied with your theatrics Jester so I shall leave you be until you are ready to take such a conversation between two beings such as us seriously, speak to one of my aspects in any given timeline and simply tell them you are ready to meet. Even if they do not know what you are talking about I will know. "

He tilted his head for a moment. The brief thought of unleashing a miniature black hole did occur to him, but in all honesty, he did not want to waste any more time with someone that had wasted his.

Portals of a yellowish-goldish tint would appear in by Anubis, Malum, and Azathoth. Azathoth turned round to view the portal and then back at the Cocytus he had been speaking with.

"If you want to see, then come, view the future... but only you and Darth Alecto," Azathoth pointed towards the first Cocytus, his building then shifting to walk through the portal.

Anubis simply gave Manticore a farewell nod, an unspoken message for a battle well fought, and went to move through his own. Malum said nothing as he went to travel through his.

The Patriarch sent a message to the Balance, and the Balance alone, the message not carried through the annals of the Force.

I depart in your mind the location of my own realm. It shifts frequently so you only have a short time, perhaps a few hours, before it expires. I would like to converse with you.

A final portal appeared by the Patriarch, a final glance to the Master as he then made his way to step through.

TAG: @Sinrebirth @darthbernael @Darth Cocytus @Jerjerrod-Lennox @Mitth_Fisto @greyjedi125

Last edited: Dec 18, 2021
  12. AgentViper007

AgentViper007 Force Ghost star 7

Mar 9, 2005
    IC: Vydra Delomeux, Pascale Rouser x2

Vydra could feel the attack coming in the Force. A double one this time. Spikes everywhere and an armoured hand coming towards him.

He had to keep defending, he had to keep the shield up for as long as possible. Until all of a sudden he saw the two Pascales appear. And he dropped the shield.

Thankfully the spikes stopped. Vydra deactivated his blade and looked around. Looked like Dunkeel had some people pop up too. What was the Master up to now?

The Pascale from the Twilight universe...he was not the spirit he had encountered. He was very much still alive and Echo intact. The other Pascale he had lost sight of after Korriban from the One timeline was Echoless.

"Well this is interesting"the Pascale from the One timeline said studying Vydra and Pascale Twi, "Aren't you supposed to be-"

Vydra shot him a look and he became quiet. This was seriously not the time to reveal the future.

"Supposed to be what?" Pascale Twi replied "All I know was I was falling asleep entwined with my rather exotic Omwati lover when I suddenly arrive here. With darkness everywhere".

"Same" Pascale One replied "Except I was entwined with my human wife Feyna and I can't feel a thing when I woke up here. I'm guessing you still have the Echo as mine was stripped".

"By who?" Pascale Twi replied.

"Him" Pascale One pointed at Vydra "To help him accomplish his mission and to avoid the darkness that could come" he looked to Vydra "I recognise your voice".

Vydra felt the pain of loneliness as they mentioned their lovers. These were the products of his sister's love for another, not his. Thanks to the Master he was probably destined to be alone for the rest of his life.

"Alright gentleman i'd love to hear about your sex lives all day but unfortunatly it seems time is short. So let me keep it simple".

"You are both descendants of my sister Venezia but you carry my Echo. I suppose my spirit if you will. Passed down from generation to generation and has now stopped with you".

And sadly would not continue in Pascale One's timeline but continue in the Twi timeline with Qwi Xux once Pascale died.

"You both come from differing timelines, I am not sure why you have been brought here" he looked at Pascale Twi "You have met him before" he pointed to Pascale One "But the version of you from your timeline is an earlier version than the one I have met".

Pascale One nodded but did not reveal that that meeting on Korriban did not go well.

Vydra turned to Pascale One "I lost sight of you after our meeting. Judging by the fact you are still alive and now married I assume things went well afterwards".

Pascale One smiled "They did. I am happily married but the galaxy still devastated itself in chaos and war. The Yuuzhan Vong war as it is called still rages on. Probably the most devastating war this galaxy has seen".

"One day myself and Feyna hope to have a child when it is peaceful enough".

Pascale Twi's face turned sad "Unfortunatly myself and Qwi cannot have children. She is infertile. And to carry a human/Omwati hybrid, her body could not cope".

Both Vydra and Pascale One looked sad, but before anything more could be said a portal opened.

"Well I guess we have to go through" Vydra guessed "But to where I don't know. But I guess it's going to take all three of us to face what's in there".

He looked over to Dunkeel. Would this be the last time he saw him? Take care old friend he thought at the Chistori. I hope to see you again soon.

Vydra and the Pascale's stepped through.

TAG: @Sinrebirth , @Mitth_Fisto , @JediMasterAnne (for mention)

13. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Dunkeel. . .Soliloquy. . .Anor
    Suffering from a Splitting Headache

As the new darts came in and the danger flared to his side Dunkeel with a shaky breath followed his fellow Masters plan. Wounded arms hand stretched out before him, claws flexing in the air as he materialized an angled Force Barrier ahead of him to deflect the incoming electrified metal fingers down into the ground. His other brought Fang back in a flipped reverse grip to ignite and guard that side. He could feel the heat building inside, the drool dripping from his maw in the strain and stress of the situation.

Then there was an odd sensation, a spreading echo of himself that felt pained and wanting. Looking to the sides he saw the newcomers and that the attack to his side had paused. "Who are you?" he asked with weary eyes at what looked to be a human and an unknown alien. Although the human didn't feel right. Oily and far too large and far too small at the same time. While the alien was a discordant echo.

Soliloquy came to be where he had not been and looked around curiously. An eyebrow raised in his form of Mr Barrow. With an errant tug at his tux before adjust his white gloves he nodded as he felt and reviewed his coming here. Feeling where here was and what he was being born witness to. A fight that suddenly ended on his arrival. "Please don't stop on my account." Then he recognized one of them there as well as the form of the Yuuzhan Vong if not the person herself. "Dunkeel - how to explain this. The Master made me an inheritor descendant of yours. It is a pleasure sir."

Anor stood there breathing heavily. She looked around confused by her surroundings, and by the others that were around. In the end she was completely out of her depth. The one human that seemed ready for a event of some kind. "If anyone would care to explain?" she asked to the multitude around. Only people started to go through portals and nothing, nothing made any sense.

Dunkeel looked over and saw Vydra conversing with his pair and then others pulling back and away to portals. If he hadn't seen The Master seemingly okay with this change of actions he would of continued the fight. Instead he stood, breathing deep and looking at this confusing situation. Shaking his head he growled, "Just. . .stay back." he tiredly groaned as he noticed the purple sky. All of them waiting for whatever going to happen, all holding their ground here.

TAG: @All Surface Dwellers

14. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    IC: Darth Manticore, Lord Anguish & Jin Long
    Hate, Anguish and Serenity

The zabrak Sith Lord returned the respectful nod given by the ‘death god’ Anubis, then offered a deeper one to Lord Patriarch as both figures made their exits. Manticore understood now that he would have never encountered such beings if it were not for Wapoe’s machinations- or as everyone else seemed to know him as- The Master.

But the Master of what?

Before he could venture inward to muse about the real significance of such a question, two new figures materialized next to him. Th effect was different from when Anubis had summoned his weapon, but the dynamic was the same. As the figures solidified, Manticore reflexively called his lightsaber to his hand, but only ruined parts tried to come together, then failed to neatly ‘snap’ into place. Only the lightsaber crystal remained intact, as the other useless components fell to the ground.

Manticore growled, his fist wrapping around the lightsaber crystal, even as his fiery eyes gazed at the new arrivals, the first which he recognized immediately.

The first figure was robed and hooded in the style of the sith, however, the pale lower jaw was still visible. Manticore felt a wellspring of annoyance and irritation rise inside himself. Why wouldn’t the nagai stay dead?

Lord Anguish peered out from under his hood to see the familiar form of his former apprentice, Manticore. He chuckled in amusement as he was immediately greeted by the zabrak’s deep disdain. He was pleased to still have that effect. It meant he was not forgotten, at least not yet.

“Greetings, Manticore.” Lord Angish uttered with a calculated modulation of his voice. The result was the same as it always was during these ‘odd episodes’ where they encountered each other unwillingly. He was largely ignored.

“I see you’re not dead.”

Manticore’s eyes narrowed further as the second figure solidified. This one he did not recognize at all, which was not the issue. However, the feeling surrounding the figure; it was…disturbing.

Jin Long emerged, the monk was now full of vitality, his conductive tattoos glowing white. He looked about calmly, taking in his surroundings. There was no one here he recognized, except…there were two distinct sensations that seemed very familiar. One located in the citadel he saw in the distance, the other was right before him, inside the tattooed zabrak.

The Darkness.

The monk placed a hand over his chest, then knew it to be true. He was no longer ‘the cage of light’. Somehow, it had gotten free of him. He knew not how, but only that this was so. Jin Long shook his head lightly in silent regret, his placid gaze now meeting the zabrak’s :There was so much hate inside this one.

Inside his hood, Anguish felt a sly smile blossoming. He knew that look in Manticore’s eyes. The monk was not afraid, so it was fairly certain he would be given a reason to be. He could almost clap for joy. He’d at least beaten Palpatine at something. ( Anguish was not yet aware of Palpatine’s great accomplishments after his death )

“You’re a Jedi.” Manticore accused.

“I’m a Protector.” Jin Long countered, calmly.

Saying the words brought flashes to Jin Long’s mind, flashes that included the faces of a nearby human, the reptilian - and the real sense of a very familiar hooded figure.

“The Master?….he is here?”

“You are Wapoe’s puppet then!”

It all happened in a flash of motion, but Anguish caught it all as he stepped back. Manticore’s growing irritation had finally caused him to act. His Lightsaber may have been ruined, but he was far from weaponless, for he was himself a living weapon.

The monk calmly avoided the crushing blow to his face by leaning back like a reed in the wind, then cartwheeled over the zabrak’s roundhouse kick. Landing on his feet, he was forced to parry a side-thrust kick with his palm strike, which resulted in a shockwave, which lifted dust and debris all around them. The two combatants seemed unaffected by this.

Lord Anguish could see it now. The serenity brought about by ‘Center of Being’ against the ‘Focused Fury’ of a Sith Battlemaster. Though tempted, he was not foolish enough to interfere and cut short his visit.

Manticore rushed in with two powerful strikes, the first punch enhanced by a concussive force blast and the second with scorching fire. Jin Long parried both as he stepped back, even as he keenly dissipated the additional effects. Manticore smirked, committing to an explosive and breaching response to the monk’s retreating defense, were it not for the gigantic blue fist that emerged from the monk. Manticore barely had time to cross his own arms as a counter defense.

A second shockwave rocked the two combatants. The nagai was thrown back for a short distance.

“Teras Kasi…?” Jin Long said.

“God Fist…?” Manticore rasped out in surprise.

“I could teach you.” Jing Long ventured.

Manticore narrowed his eyes and growled, holding his peace for a moment’s contemplation. It was a tempting offer. Meanwhile, Anguish rose and dusted himself, muttering to himself; “No, no, no, bad, idea monk, bad idea….”

“The technique requires that you Master your Center of Being as a foundation.” Jin Long revealed.

Manticore straightened as his nose flared, issuing sparks of fire, then he shook his head.

“Hate is all I require.”

Jin Long simply nodded. “I understand.”

Anguished sighed in relief.

Jin Long saluted the zabrak, placing his right fist against his left palm in the manner of warrior monks.

“Peace be with you…brother.”

Manticore’s eyes narrowed, but he did not respond.

Even now, Jin Long the Protector was attempting to find ways to subvert the Darkness. Clearly, force nor violence would serve here. However, even after all this time, he could not fathom the Master's plan. What was he up to, and what was N'Tael doing in that Citadel.

Tag: @Sinrebirth, @Shadowsun, @darthbernael, @Mitth_Fisto , @Jerjerrod-Lennox *mentioned

Last edited: Dec 19, 2021
  15. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    IC The Balance
    The Citadel

The Master expanded the games he was playing even more. The Balance sighed, sipping his tea. Once again his old frenemy was more interested in his machinations and showing off than he was in answering questions and evolving the situation.

”Why must I explain to any of them, many of those whose lives you’ve played with, over the years, are quite intelligent, are perfectly capable of putting clues together, including the multitude out there.” he said with a casual gesture out of the Citadel.

The ire, the annoyance he felt coming from the Patriarch drew his attention for a few moments. He listened as the man spoke, nodding occasionally. The man had seen the truth of the Master and how that one loved his theatrics more than he did ending what seemed to be his eons long quest. The yell at the sky that the Master let loose caused the Balance to smile once more, even as the Patriarch let the Master know just how he felt about the current situation.

I depart in your mind the location of my own realm. It shifts frequently so you only have a short time, perhaps a few hours, before it expires. I would like to converse with you.

The Balance nodded, saving the coordinates and watched the man step through the portal, before turning to the Master, ”I have a feeling that if his transport goes wrong you will take the blame, not any other outside forces.”

He sighed, ”That one could have been a major asset for you if you’d gotten him firmly on side but…well, it seems you may soon have a pair of beings at your own level that will work their own designs.”

Taking another sip, he shifted and shifted form, feeling the power that flowed through this place, all the beings that were using the Force. There was another sigh as he felt the mounting battle outside. ”One moment…” he told the Master.

There was a flash and even as the Balance sat there, sipping tea with the Master, two beings coalesced, by Manticore and Jin Long. They spoke as one, the different voices, the minor sibilants, making weird modulations in the tone. N’Tael faced Jin Long and Bernael faced Manticore.

”I would recommend you both ssstop. You are one, one being in multitude. Jin Long wasss the firssst. The firssst of your line, Anguisssh wasss another. But you, old friend, battle brother, are the latessst of the line. Jin, I have missssed you, mourned you. Manticore, you too. I would rather you both not kill each other.” the two as one beings stated in a firm but soft tone. And then shimmered, slowly dissipating.

In the Citadel, ”Was there more you wished to discuss or were you just wanting to show off this world in your mind even more? It seems I have another appointment so if not, I shall be on my way.”

TAGS: @Sinrebirth, @Shadowsun, @greyjedi125

16. Darth Cocytus

May 8, 2016
    Darth Cocytus x3
    Into the Cocytus-Verse

Cocytus blinked in surprise as suddenly two of himself, with various differences, appeared before him. In fact, the two other Cocytuses were just as surprised as he was to be there, and they all stared at each other. Then it clicked within the mind of Legends Cocytus as he figured it out and it seemed that the others did as well.

"I think I myself have an understanding of what is going on, Lady Alecto." Legends Darth Cocytus would tell her plainly, "And it only proves my hypothesis. There really are alternate versions of myself throughout the infinite realities."

"Hmph." scoffed the One Timeline Cocytus coldly, although he too agreed, "You make it sound like this an entire normal occurrence for you, or rather, us."

"Define 'normal'." Legends Cocytus retorted simply, "I'm sure each of us have been around the Galaxy long enough to disregard the word 'normal'."

"Fair." One Timeline Cocytus agreed dryly before pointing at Alecto, "And pray tell, who is she?"

Legends Cocytus gestured to her. "This is my Apprentice, Darth Alecto." He replied, "Do you yourself have an apprentice yet? Rule of Two I assume?"

"Very much so. Darth Phlegyas should be overseeing operations on Kamino in my absence." One Timeline Cocytus answered, "I was on my way to Korriban, but then… Where are we exactly?"

"An in-between place of sorts." Legends Cocytus gestured around them, "A nexus of sorts between all other realities. Oh, and you're still in control of Kamino?"

"I am Emperor of a growing Kaminoan Empire, building up a Clone army in secret to conquer the rest of the Galaxy." One Timeline Cocytus asserted, before giving the other a look, "What about you? What do you mean by still in control? Did you lose?"

"Nothing goes exactly to plan when treachery is involved in what we do." Legends Cocytus shrugged with narrowed eyes, "But I assure you, I will have my revenge on my enemies sooner or later."

"Hmph." One Timeline Cocytus crossed his arms as he stared at his Legends counterpart. "Seems like a bunch of rotten luck on your part, then. Which leaves…"

One and Legends Cocytus both glared at their Twilight Counterpart, who not only was silent throughout their discussion, but has been lacking in their scent, a very key trait. He lacked the withered degradation of the Dark Side, his skin was smooth and very much the proper age of a Kaminoan in early adulthood with silver gray eyes. He was staring at both of them with immense caution, unsure, but accepting of what he was seeing.

"What are you staring at?" Legends Cocytus asked, before his glowing yellow eyes blinked in realization, "Ah. Afen Te, I presume? A Jedi, right?"

"I am indeed Afen Te, just as you both are, or were, apparently." Twilight Cocytus replied calmly, igniting a blue blade from a summoned curved lightsaber as to signal which side of the Force he pledged his allegiance too, "But it's quite clear that you both chose a different path than I have, a path of doom and self-destruction."

"Oh, great." One Timeline Cocytus rolled his eyes, "Preaching like a true Jedi, indeed. How disgustingly sanctimonious of one of our own to reject the path of power."

"I have long rejected those temptations long ago. Now I stand as a protector of my home, much like another who died doing the same." Twilight Cocytus retorted, still calm, but there seemed to be a slight sadness in his eyes, "But it seems like I am in a minority of us all."

The Legends Cocytus shrugged with a small smirk. The idea of there being a light side version of himself only just now occurred, but still made sense to him when it comes to the infinite of realities. Maybe there might even be female variations of himself for all he knows.

"Hmph." One Timeline Cocytus scoffed and raised a hand, a storm of Sith Lightning building up in his hand, "Then I will show you the power you have rejected, Fool."

Afen Te, Jedi Knight, narrowed his gray eyes and entered a soresu stance, palm outstretched. This would not be the first time he fought Sith. Before they could fight, however, it was Legends Cocytus, albeit much wiser from his experience, who intervened.

"Now, now." Legends Cocytus insisted with small smile, "Regardless of our alignment in the Force, I doubt we have it in us to kill each other being so… you know."

Legends Cocytus chuckled as One and Twilight stared at him. They looked at each other for a moment before standing down.

"Good."

"As for you being in the minority, jedi? Maybe, maybe not. In the grand infinite there may likely be as many Jedi Master Afen Tes as there are Darth Cocytuses." He explained before his eyes narrowed, "Regardless, we now know exactly what is going on, the three of us gathered here, plucked our own realities. The only other question is…"

"Why?"

"Agreed." Afen Te glanced at One Timeline Cocytus, as if they were all thinking in unison. "What task could possibly be so great to require the three of us?"

Legends Cocytus pondered before suddenly a Golden portal opened before them and Azathoth spoke again.

"Seems like my... Acquaintance, may have the answer." He pointed out before glancing at his apprentice, "But apparently they want only us for some reason. Come along, Darth Alecto."

Legends Cocytus would then begin walking towards the portal with his apprentice in tow.

"Try not to kill each other while I'm gone." He would tell his counterparts as he walked into the unknown, while the other two glanced at each other before looking around wondering what will come next.

@Sinrebirth @Shadowsun

Last edited: Dec 22, 2021
  17. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: The Master of Masters
    Outside Time

There had been a reason for all of this.

Bait.

Colossal.

Monstrous.

Bait.

The Portal was opened, yes, though as the parts of Vydra went to step through, as Patriarch opened a way, his way, his back-up way, it, well.

It went the way it was going to.

As the Master, he was pleased to see that Jin Long and N'Tael had their opportunity to speak. That Vydra and Dunkeel had some closure for their futures continuing, in some shape or manner.

As Wapoe, he was content that Manticore had found a way, that Soliloquy was the proverbial split headache (very cute). The Kaminoan Sith Lord who had declared the Rule of Two was an ever-frustrating thorn, as much perhaps as Darth Sidious himself.

As Professor, he could only wryly smirk at Anor and Vydra.

As Trayus, he regarded Pascale with some apology to his lips, were he able to show that much expression. But the Twilight variations were doomed, Cocytus and UnuTobias-Azathoth among them...

As Foreteller, the other Pascale represented only hope to him, where Feyna had a happily ever after.

At least Bellorum had escaped with her dream warning from Ike... that little fox.

And here he had thought Zas'tel as the traitor.

Cocytus wanted to go too.

The Pascales, they couldn't, no, he would not allow it; they had worlds to return to.

The Cocytus's, well, some were to die, some were adrift in Time now, and if they could leave...

But that wasn't why they were all here.

Not them, not Malum, not Nyubis (who he as Samhain recognised sadly), and not whatever inclination of Zalzabar permeated this place (who he as Arc could only regard with intrigue, an intrigue he would not recall).

A voice cut through all of them; unfamiliar, strained, panicked.

They're starting to come through.

"Ah yes," he finished his tea and stood.

He held out his hands up, and they would all be drawn to look up.

As a great tear occurred in the sky above Time.

His voice resonated across all of this place he had Created.

"My friends among many names and faces, but all sharing one soul. He is here."

A quirk.

"He knows you all intimately."

Indeed.

Their names... their names behind their names, behind their names, one layer between themselves and their Reality.

"@Darth Cocytus... @Jerjerrod-Lennox... @Shadowsun... @darthbernael... @Mitth_Fisto... @greyjedi125... @HanSolo29... @Lady Belligerent..."

"I am the First Darkness. The Father of Shadows. The Greater Traitor to the Creator. The Fallen Celestial. The Answer To Your Dreams."

"I know your Handles."

"Do I know your Names?"

"Do I reach beyond, into your homes, into your places of work, into your mundane existences?"

"Am I beyond this... unreality? This fictional world of play?"

"Yes."

"I."

"Am."

The Master of Masters held up his hand.

"This is what I stand against. This is what I ask your help to stop."

He pinched his thumb and forefinger.

"The First Darkness entering your world."

He snapped his finger, and everyone began to tumble back to their own time and places.

They had to.

With all of his monstrous planning, he had revealed the true scope of the threat, just to show it, just to make sure they understood.

This was the greatest threat they would ever face.

Some of them - Vydra, Manticore, the first Cocytus to come here, Alecto, hanging onto her master as if in terrible fear - what was going on, why did she not have another name, like the others - Patriarch and his others, Dunkeel, the Balance - they were Beyond Time. They had agency over where they would end up, time to run to their ships, through portals, to new universes, to old places, to familiar times -

But not much time.

In a very short moment, a very real chill would run down their spines...

... starting at the very fingertips on their keyboards...

The First Darkness was watching.

Was there a sound in the house?

A flicker of a light bulb?

A glitch on their screen?

All of those were he, peering through.

They had to run.

Now.

OOC OOC: Quickly! Your characters need to go! I'll try and find you a disconnected game! A place he hasn't found! Go! Go! Go! Reply here once more, that's all I can say will be safe! Through the portals, into your Tho Yors, down the depths into the Gate!

JUST RUN!

18. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I see you, @Sinrebirth

I see you.

I see you.

I.

See.

You.

19. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
  20. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    IC: The Patriarch
    Out of Time

For the very first time, The Patriarch’s eyes widened. He could not believe this thing. It was…

Beyond what he was expecting.

It was the first thing ever to exist that caused a small tinge of fear within the Patriarch’s heart. Ever so briefly he considered fighting the thing, but he did not know the extent of its capabilities and felt that this thing was beyond even he.

A feeling confirmed as felt the barriers between realities begin to thin. What was known and unknown shifting, the very core of their beings becoming out of alignment.

Combat was an impossibility against such a thing. Not now, not yet.

In the next instant, the Patriarch felt the life force of each individual that was there. Many of which the Patriarch did not want to see die. For a great degree of reasons. And so he snapped his fingers a portal appearing before each of them.

There was no time to ask them to come nicely. Each portal would hurtle to its respective person, aiming to envelop them whole and once done so vanish. But the Patriarch could feel that this would not work for each of them. That some would with the chaos of the Darkness would not reach their intended targets or that the individual would escape with their own means before the portal arrived.

But time… they were beyond time, outside of it, there was none of for the Patriarch to consider which beings to create portals for and which not to. He glanced ever so briefly to the Master, knowing he would see him again in just a moment.

In his own realm.

TAG: @Darth Cocytus @Jerjerrod-Lennox @Sinrebirth @darthbernael @Mitth_Fisto @greyjedi125

OOC:
    I discussed this move with @Sinrebirth if you made plans for your character to end up elsewhere it's fine to write that the portal missed and that you escape via your own means. Just that with how the Patriarch is he would try and actually save everyone. ;) If you do decide to go through and not escape through other means discussed with Sinre then you'll end up in the Patriarch's realm.

A thread coming soon... ;)

21. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    IC The Balance
    The Citadel

As the teacup faded, the form that held it beginning to return to the dust that it had held together to maintain its shape, it looked up at the visage, shaking its head slowly. Turning it’s gaze, the shape becoming a swirl of whites, blacks, and every shade of grey between, toward the Master, ”You know your prison outside of time isn’t going to hold my child long, not that he now knows, has tasted of them all, and can find their trails, no matter where they flee.”

The shape faded more. ”I return to where I belong, and let my shards across the timelines do all they can. But you know I will not allow either of the Firsts to succeed.” It said, with a fading voice.

As it faded away, a short trail of it diverted, let itself be swallowed by one of the Patriarch’s portals. And then the main of it’s being simply vanished, disappearing from the Master’s realm here, back behind the curtain, and out of it’s child’s sight.

TAGS: @Sinrebirth, @Darth Cocytus, @Jerjerrod-Lennox, @Shadowsun, @Mitth_Fisto, @greyjedi125, @HanSolo29, @Lady Belligerent

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2021
  22. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Ike
    Oh ****

It all went to many, many swear words in a very little time.

He’d managed to warn Braata-Bellorum, but he would have liked to have tracked down Arek before he made any deals with Caedus by accident -

But along came the First Darkness and Ike knew enough to just run. Black-Coat and all, he leapt through the Portal, all but pushing Manticore as he did.

“Sorrynot sorrysorry!”

And then he was through -

TAG: Nobody

23. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    IC: Darth Manticore
    Beyond the Left Hand

He could not remember the last time, nor the first time he’d felt it, for it had been that long ssincer- but at this moment, he hated himself for experiencing it against his will.

Fear.

He and a handful of sith had defied the ‘Typhojem’ himself, but whatever this was, it was infinitely more terrible in scope, for there would be no coming back from this; because what he felt defied all comprehension. It was primordial. Primeval.

Manticore tore his gaze from the split in the sky and forcibly regarded the Nagai, who seemed at the edge of panic. The Monk on the other hand was disturbingly calm for someone who was about to face true oblivion.

After all they had lived through, all they had survived, how could this be their end? Would they be the first to fall before the end of everything? Such ignominy was beyond measure.

The compulsion to run, to flee was overpowering…irresistible.

That’s when he felt Ike push past him, quite unceremoniously, before jumping into a portal.

Only then did the zabrak become aware of the Patriarch’s portal. He was uncertain how he knew that, but that was not critical at the moment. Only survival.

Jin Long did not quite understand what the First Darkness was saying, but he could feel it was nothing good. He saw the zabrak go through a Portal and decided to swiftly follow behind. Though he himself no longer held the darkness, at least he could follow and continue to perform his duty as a ‘Protector’.

Lord Anguish was literally paralyzed by a terror he had never experienced before, it had almost consumed him on the spot, if it were not for the overwhelming compulsion to flee. From under his hood he saw his former apprentice, Manticore go through a portal, followed by the Monk. He would not be left behind to witness the final fate of this ‘other-worldly-place’. One could accurately guess as to its end without having to experience it.

Everyone was fleeing in some way or the other, so he followed suit and entered the same portal the zabrak and the monk had gone through. Whatever was at the other side had to be far better than this.

No Tag, TBC in OHO *( @Sinrebirth, @Shadowsun, mentioned)

Last edited: Dec 28, 2021
  24. AgentViper007

AgentViper007 Force Ghost star 7

Mar 9, 2005
    IC: Vydra Delomeux, Pascale Rouser x2

Well this was brief Vydra thought as everything just seemed to collapse. A tear.

Of course Vydra didn't know where he was going but the Pascale's needed to return to thier own timelines.

"I think that's our cue to exit" Vydra said, he looked at Pascale One "Look after Feyna, if I don't see you again I hope your future is bright".

He looked then to Pascale Twi "Treasure Qwi while you can. Your future I know but I will say this. Protect her as much as you can. She will need you til the end".

Pascale Twi looked confused as he disappeared but Pascale One nodded as he disappeared. Of course Vydra knew he would meet Pascale Tei's spirit, clean of darkness.

Vydra took a deep breath, let it out and checking the Skywalker blade was safetly on his belt he stepped through.

Whete he would end up was another matter.

TAG: @Sinrebirth

OOC: Both Pascales have returned to thier tespective timelines (Twilight and One)

Vydra's fate has been decided by @Sinrebirth , stay tuned as to where he pops up....

25. Darth Cocytus

May 8, 2016
    Darth Cocytus x 2 plus Jedi Knight Afen Te
    Escape!

It was before Legends Cocytus actually stepped through the portal that he felt the most incomprehensible presence he had felt in his entire life. He turned and his eyes opened as wide as any kaminoan could hold them to the infernal majesty of the primordial being that was before him. It was almost like that Typhojem, yet far greater in scope of power unlike anything he has faced before.

So this was the 'First Darkness'.

Its power was… overwhelming.

Legends Cocytus forced himself to tear his eyes away at his apprentice, clinging to him like a scared child. He was unamused by her cowardice to say the least but understood her nonetheless. Thus, the elder kaminoan pushed Alecto off of him with the Force and in like manner shoved her through the golden portal, wherever it might lead.

Satisfied, Legends Cocytus looked back and saw the other two variants of himself, the Kaminoan Emperor and the Jedi Knight. Their eyes were locked in absolute terror as they backed away from the elderich horror. There was still enough time for their own escape of course.

"Forget about what Azathoth has said." Legends Cocytus spoke coldly, "Come through the portals if you wish to continue your existence."

Both the One Timeline Cocytus and the Jedi Knight made no qualms whatsoever about the offer. They both turned away from the Great Darkness and ran, vanishing through the golden gate.

Darth Cocytus, the one and true, was the last one to escape, but not before taking one final look at the Great Darkness. As he backed away into the golden light of the portal, vanishing from sight, his eyes stared bulging into the abyss.

The Great Darkness did not invoke any fear whatsoever into him. No. His mind and being was too consumed by grand ambition for such an emotion.

No.

Instead, within that twisted mind, arose great and terrible envy of all that godlike power and a mad desire to make it his own.

TAGS: @Sinrebirth, @darthbernael, @Jerjerrod-Lennox, @Shadowsun, @Mitth_Fisto, @greyjedi125, @HanSolo29, @Lady Belligerent