main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Owen Lars (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Mar 9, 2022.

1. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    Kenobi does. I know that since I read the novel. But I don't recall the novel stating Kenobi brought it up to Owen. Correct me if I'm wrong.

2. Darthvader1975

Darthvader1975 Jedi Knight star 3

May 2, 2020
    No he didnt. It wasnt mentioned to Owen in the book.

3. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
  4. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I’m just so happy Lucas happened to pick an actor to play young Owen who would go on to be one of the best actors around.

5. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    I loved that book. Hell, I love anything that James Luceno wrote for the EU. From memory, I don’t recall anything in it that’s contracted by TCW/Disney canon, so as far as I’m concerned, it’s still canon. That last chapter where Obi-Wan learns Vader is still alive, panics, then is calmed down by chatting with Qui-Gon, remains one of my favorite EU segments.

Psych_Jedi likes this.
  6. Psych_Jedi

Psych_Jedi Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    I was thinking about the Obi-wan/Owen scene...I wonder what is known about the true fate of Anakin during that conversation. It seems like the assumption may be that he's dead at that juncture, but it could also be Owen basically saying: "Gonna train another Darth Vader?"

Glitterstimm likes this.
  7. Generational Fan

Generational Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2015
    Really enjoyed Edgerton's performance so far. He has those ANH Owen Lars mannerisms down pat; especially in the way he talks and a constantly unsmiling face.

Really great stuff from Edgerton and I just love those interactions with Kenobi. How to open up some very raw wounds where Anakin is concerned.

8. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    After the adventures with Leia, can’t wait to see Joel with Luke. The contrast of Owen and Bail, two loving fathers but from opposite ends of the galaxy, joined by destiny, doomed by their duties.

Sproj, wobbits, Shaak Ti and 3 others like this.
  9. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Bail lives a life of privilege but dedicates his life covertly fighting evil, Owen lives a life of hardship and dedicates it to Beru and Luke. These two men shape the future of the galaxy through Leia and Luke yet will receive no credit for their sacrifice.

Sproj, wobbits, Shaak Ti and 5 others like this.
  10. Blame_It_On_Lucas

Blame_It_On_Lucas Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 29, 2004
    What a stroke of fortune that they got Edgerton for what was essentially a bit part 20 years ago. It's like they knew he'd portray the role decades later.

Last edited: May 27, 2022
  11. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    Oh man it could have been so bad, I am also glad that this happened.

I think Joel Edgerton has one of the 3 best performances in these first two episodes, along with Rupert Friend and Ewan McGregor.
    Kudos to Jimmy Smits too, he was great.

12. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I wonder if we'll see an adaptation of the confrontation between Obi Wan and Krrsantan which is when Owen really goes off at Obi Wan. At this point there is tension but the relationship is not outright hostile.

13. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I wonder how Luke gets his T-16 model, will Owen have a change of heart, will Beru change his mind?
    [​IMG]

14. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Reminds me of the comic where Obi gave him parts to fix his Sky hopper after it broke, Owen gave it back and yelled, then next day Owen reaches out and offers to help Luke fix it together. I like to think a similar series of events happens here.

But more than that I really hope we get to see more of the Lars's before the series is over.

15. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    I really liked Owen's guts on not revealing Obi Wan to Reva. He has no love for Ben but knows it's what may be best for Luke in the long run.

"I didn't do it for you."

16. ComfortablyNunb

ComfortablyNunb Jedi Master star 3

Nov 21, 2015
    I hope we get significantly more Owen - his scenes were fantastic and Joel Edgerton is so good in the role.

If there's a Season 2, it should be Obi-Wan/Owen-centric.

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Jimmy is great. If not very weirdly old. But that’s not really his fault. Dude’s almost 70. It doesn’t distract. More just kinda funny. To jump from the PT. To this. To RO.

18. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    I was honestly very excited to see Joel Edgerton back as Owen and he sure hasn't disappointed me. It's been a joy to see him back in Star Wars... and Jimmy Smits too, indeed!

[face_rofl]!!!!!

Count Yubnub and Glitterstimm like this.
  19. Shaak Ti

Shaak Ti Jedi Master star 3

Dec 22, 2015
    Honestly I wasn't expecting them to showcase how incredible Owen is as a father figure and person. Great portrayal. I wounder if he softens at all and lets Luke have the toy eventually? obviously he has some version of it in ANH.

DannyD likes this.
  20. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    I do hope we get more Owen on the last two episodes. And Beru and Luke. It would make sense, right?

Owen letting Luke have the toy because Obi-Wan took care of Leia? Beru and Luke giving Luke affection. Owen struggling with the binary language of moisture vaporators?

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I would assume so as Obi Wan needs to go back to tatooine eventually

22. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    I think we may get a scene near the end like, OBW passes Owen who has Luke with him in a market or something..and says hello

23. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    You mean "Hello there" surely! :)

Last edited: Jun 12, 2022
    Shaak Ti likes this.
  24. Meeko Ghintee

Meeko Ghintee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2015
    Prediction: since Owen lost his opportunity to go "Old Wounds" on Darth Maul in the "Twin Suns" episode of Rebels, Uncle Owen is gonna get sniper happy with Third Sister

25. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]