main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One Poll: Who is your favorite character of Rogue One?

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Ricardo Funes, Jan 24, 2017.

?

Who is your favorite character of Rogue One?

1. Jyn Erso

16.7%
  2. Cassian Andor

13.8%
  3. Orson Krennic

9.2%
  4. Chirrut Îmwe

18.0%
  5. Baze Malbus

1.1%
  6. K-2SO

19.8%
  7. Bodhi Rook

3.5%
  8. Saw Gerrera

2.9%
  9. Admiral Raddus

3.7%
  10. Darth Vader

11.2%
  1. captaingasma

captaingasma Jedi Youngling

Feb 11, 2017
    Definitly Chirrut and K-2, they're both so lovable and unique characters but in such different ways. And both had some of the best lines

DL44Jo likes this.
  2. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    Voted Darth Vader because Darth Vader, but K-2SO and Cassian were easily two of my favorites as well, and were probably my two favorite original characters. Their dynamic worked very well together.

3. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    Anakin always but in terms of original to Rogue One then Jyn.

I get the feeling that I would like the original pre-reshoots Jyn even more.

4. Millennium Falcon 888

Millennium Falcon 888 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    Who else but the one and only Dark Lord of The Sith? With Jyn, Cassian, and Chirrut coming a very close second! =D=

DL44Jo, J7Luke and Ricardo Funes like this.
  5. bizzbizz

bizzbizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2015
    vader is my fave character of the whole saga just ahead of han solo. but for this movie i really enjoyed k2 the snarkiness was great and i thought the voice acting for him was superb. also rated jynn and kasian and of course mads mikellson but was kind of disapointed in saw guerra's potrayal

6. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    Probably a bit cliché, but gotta go with Vader.

J7Luke likes this.
  7. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    Chirrut Imwe. Though I love all aspects of SW I've always enjoyed the Force and mystical side a little more and he was the closest thing to a Jedi in the film.

DL44Jo and Ricardo Funes like this.
  8. J7Luke

J7Luke Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 30, 2017
    I voted Vader too. Not just because he's Vader, but because his castle scene was awesome and his 1 minute scene at the end is so... so... dang it, they haven't come up with a word yet that fits here. Anyways, I think my heart stops for a few seconds each time I watch Vader's scene at the end. If Vader wasn't a choice, I would've voted K-2SO. He was hilarious and kick-butt at the same time, and I personally found his death to be the saddest of all.

DL44Jo, Sarge and MrMojoRisin like this.
  9. mihaitzateo

mihaitzateo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 5, 2015
    Chirrut is first in my preferences.
    Jyn Erso and K2, on 2nd place,equal.
    3rd is Galen Erso ,but I think that is also because I liked a lot Valhalla Rising.

DL44Jo likes this.
  10. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    I like Galen a lot!

DL44Jo and mihaitzateo like this.
  11. x_SwordoftheJedi_x

x_SwordoftheJedi_x Jedi Master star 1

May 27, 2008
    I loved all the characters, but Cassian is my favourite, with K-2SO a close second.

DL44Jo and vncredleader like this.
  12. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I think it's a testament to how great the movie is that every poll option has gotten at least 2 votes, including my personal pick, Saw.

DL44Jo and Gigoran Monk like this.
  13. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Cassian. I feel like he got the most complete arc out of the characters, and had the most development. Jyn's arc is all wonky due to the reshoots. She's very inconsistent in that regard. Cassian on the other hand maintains his character the entire way through, and every scene he's in feels like it wouldn't be complete without him being there.

14. QsAssistant

QsAssistant Jedi Master star 3

Apr 13, 2011
    Easily Krennic for me. He just felt the most developed to me. If I had to pick one of the good guys then I guess I'd have to go with K-2SO.

DL44Jo likes this.
  15. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    Jyn, Cassian and K2 are almost tied ! And Chirrut is ahead !

I was not expecting these results to be so close, even though Chirrut is my choice.

16. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    Vader is awesome but I don't think he shouldn't be counted here. Mine is K2-SO. When he died or whatnot my heart sank.

DL44Jo and SateleNovelist11 like this.
  17. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Every character on this list has something we can appreciate, and all of them (excluding Vader and Krennic) are lovable. The only one I find problematic is Saw. Good performance, of course, but this is where the editing and reshoots show. We needed more of his relationship with Jyn and why he feels he's finished. Also, if I understood the dialogue between him and Bodhi correctly, he's clearly being manipulated by the alien who is leading his men.

Anyway, I certainly adored this film, and while Jyn was an essential aspect of that, she wasn't the main reason, which stands in contrast to Rey being the main reason I bought TFA. I loved the plot and all the characters. K2 is the best droid character in a live-action SW film as far as I'm concerned.

18. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    What are you saying, I think Vader is lovable.

wobbits and Padme501st like this.
  19. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    If you're Luke Skywalker, he is. Perhaps I should have said he's pitiable at times.

20. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    That squid thing even though the whole scene felt random and undeveloped.

21. Ricardo Funes

Dec 18, 2015
    Jyn/Cassian/K2 are basically tied. The main trio was really balanced and worked well together.

DL44Jo likes this.
  22. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    I know, I was just joking. :p

Yep, it’s pretty cool how equally divided the votes are between the main trio. It just shows how balanced the writing was for these characters, there was no obvious creator's pet.

I also like that a Chinese secondary character became the most popular. That rarely happens (I mean, in movies not about kung fu where the Chinese character is the lead).

23. Ricardo Funes

Dec 18, 2015
    Donnie Yen is a great actor... he can take advantage of every second of his screen time

DL44Jo and La Calavera like this.
  24. SupremeLeaderTrump

SupremeLeaderTrump Jedi Youngling

Jan 26, 2017
    Can i say Mon Mothma? I mean Genevieve O'Reilly did a great job portraying her in R1. And i enjoyed every scene with her to bits.

I also liked Admiral Raddus ( and his fellow albino mon calamaries ). He (and also Cassian) are true rebels, willing to fight to bring the rebellion one step closer to victory, even if it means suicide, even without the alliance council's full support. I love his dedication to the rebellion.

DL44Jo, Ricardo Funes and Sarge like this.
  25. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    I find it very hard to choose a favourite, I really do like them all as much as each other. For example, as each subsequently perishes during the films final act, my feeling of lament for each remains constant and never wavers. From K-2SO to Chirrut and Baze. And then Jyn and Cassian. Even Bodhi biting it touched me ;)

DL44Jo, Sarge and Ricardo Funes like this.