main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc" : The West Wing Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by heels1785 , Oct 28, 2014.

1. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I'd be down for a coordinated group / thread rewatch

2. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Well I just said it would probably be a bit before I went for re-watch number 4 but if this happened I'd be down.

DarthIntegral and heels1785 like this.
  3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    she is

but a close second, on tww, is mr. joe willis of ohio. on every watch-through, I am reminded of how much I love that episode. his dynamic with toby is one of my favorites. also like leo standing up to jed in the oval office while discussing his separation - another look at jed bartlet's unpredictable/awful temper early in the series, a night the culminates with his excoriating zoey for no reason whatsoever.

mavjade and DarthIntegral like this.
  4. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I would also put Justice Evelyn Baker Lang up there with best single-episode characters. Season 5 was a hot mess, but The Supremes is up there as one of my faves. A big part of that is thank to Glen Close (and William Fichtner).

[​IMG]

5. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    woot canal episode today

[​IMG]

a weird episode. one of the funnier ones, but also tempered by the racist cops who end up getting away with it storyline.

mavjade , Yodaminch and DarthIntegral like this.
  6. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Isn't that the episode with the secret plan to fight inflation

Yodaminch and heels1785 like this.
  7. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    yes indeed

8. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    So, not only do I have a secret plan to fight inflation, but now I won't defend it?

mavjade , Yodaminch and DarthIntegral like this.
  9. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Whenever I see/hear the words "secret plan", no matter what the context, my brain automatically adds "to fight inflation". :p

10. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    A secret pwan to fwight infwation???

Mar17swgirl and DarthIntegral like this.
  11. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I took one of those dumb online "which fictional character are you most like" personality quizzes, and came away with Sam Seaborn as a 98% match. Despite being told for years to watch The West Wing and never doing so, I am incredibly vain and wanted to know if that was a compliment, so I finally started the show tonight.

I think I'm really going to enjoy this lovely, escapist fantasy series about people who aren't malevolent sociopaths running the United States government.

12. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Just remember, once you're done, go into the US Politics thread and hear about how it's everything wrong with government today because liberalism is the devil! :p

(but go watch the show, it's awesome!)

PymParticles and Yodaminch like this.
  13. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Dude it's so good, I just watched it for the first time last summer and have watched it 2 more times since.

PymParticles likes this.
  14. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Just the obligatory note for new folks -- it takes a bit of a dip in Season 5 and the first half of Season 6... but the second half of Season 6 all the way through the end is cracking...

15. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    I would say that getting Sam is a compliment. Not quite as high a compliment as getting MCH or Mr Willis, but those would be nigh attainable levels of greatness

mavjade , PymParticles and dp4m like this.
  16. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Or Josh. :p

17. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Being Sam is definitely a compliment!
    [​IMG]
    Sorry, Pym, you won't get that for awhile, but it is a compliment.

18. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Agreed.

As to best multi episode character, it's a tie for me between Lord John Marbury and Lionel Tribbey.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2020
    DarthIntegral likes this.
  19. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Multi episode probably goes to Joey Lucas, or Oliver Babish.

MrZAP likes this.
  20. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    I lean towards that on the strength of

[​IMG]

Mar17swgirl and Yodaminch like this.
  21. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    In the case I’d Joey, I consider more of a recurring cast member right up there with Zoey Bartlet so that’s why I didn’t name her. Oliver though has one of the best introductions when he meets Jed and Leo- but I don’t know if you can compare that to “I will kill people today, Leo! I will kill people with this cricket bat, which was given to me by Her Royal Majesty Elizabeth Windsor, and then I will kill them again with my own hands.”

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
  22. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    edit - never mind, i misread you.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
    Princess_Tina likes this.
  23. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Yeah, the cold open to "Bad Moon Rising" is one of my absolute all time faves...

24. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    Why did Jordan end up in Mandyville? I thought she and Leo were great together.

25. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    She was a guest star (and a bigger named one at that).

Fun fact, she's Monty Hall's daughter.

heels1785 likes this.