main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC19 Pre-Star Wars Celebration Movie Marathon

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by My young Padawan, Apr 1, 2019.

1. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    I just finished off TLJ. Marathon complete.

2. My young Padawan

My young Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 13, 1999
    ROTJ has never been one of my favorite Star Wars movies. I rank it sixth on my list. Over the years, I have learned to appreciate it more. I have even learned to appreciate the Ewoks. The music is great. The Special Edition footage is great. It undeniably includes many memorable moments that are truly Star Wars moments. I enjoyed watching it again very much. Yub nub!

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    It's bottom of my list due to ewoks and Boba Fett going into the Sarlacc Pit.

4. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    I enjoy ROTJ but it’s not my fav. It’s the one I feel got ruined the most by the SE, I don’t mind the changes in the others too much and some I really like but the changes I hate are all in ROTJ:
    - Despise Jedi Rocks with a passion, liked the original song better
    - Ewoks blinking creeps me out
    - Vader saying NO right before showing Palpatine the door

I don’t mind the victory song, but I also never minded Yub Nub so that’s a change I’m indifferent to

5. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    I don't mind the Vader no. I think if it had always been there, nobody would have complained.

I love the new celebratory song and the blu ray version really ties the whole saga together.

My biggest issue with ROTJ is what exactly was Luke's plan for rescuing Han? I mean, if Leia successfully gets Han out, are they just leaving Chewie and the droids behind?

6. My young Padawan

Sep 13, 1999
    I miss “Yub Nub”.

7. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Finished RotS, Solo is up next. Really love RotS. It's up there among my favorite Star Wars films. The first half especially is such a deliciously pulpy affair, with Anakin pulled to all sides, pushed away by everyone but Obi-Wan, and lent a shoulder by Palpatine. I do think the second half needed a little more of a pass, the "Rise Lord Vader" scene in particular feeling a little... "Thats it? That's all it took?". Clone Wars certainly helps in that regard though.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
  8. My young Padawan

Sep 13, 1999
    I remember TFA being a welcome surprise when I first saw it on opening night. At the time, I liked it better than ROTJ. I have since reversed the two Star Wars movies on my list for nostalgic reasons. Regardless, the characters are great, the music is great, and the story keeps us wondering. One more Star Wars movie to watch this evening before I hit the road!

Padme501st likes this.
  9. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    Only scene I couldn’t stand from TFA is the Rathkar scene, it felt like filler to me to get from the crew back on the Falcon. But TFA is fun.

10. My young Padawan

Sep 13, 1999
    That is interesting. I felt the same way about that scene, and my son told me that it was his favorite scene in the movie.

Padme501st likes this.
  11. My young Padawan

Sep 13, 1999
    TLJ is an incredible film. It saddens me to hear fans criticize Rian Johnson, and what he set out to accomplish. It is my favorite of the ST so far. I like everything about it. I also consider it to be the most artistic of all the Star Wars movies. Marathon over. Chicago, here I come!

Darth Buzz likes this.