main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels 4.08 - Crawler Commanders - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Nov 4, 2017.

1. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Are they foreshadowing a Zeb / Ruhk showdown? that could be an interesting matchup. Would also like to see Zeb keep that whip he took from the overseer and put it to use.

2. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    no Rebels Season 4 takes place a year before Rogue One.

Vinylshadow likes this.
  3. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    A good theory, but Hera is still a Captain at this point, so unfortunately it cant be true.

The man himself, Tim Zahn, wants it to happen. It wouldn't be surprising if they made it so.

4. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Not my favorite for this week episodes but still enjoyable on its own.
    - The Mining Guild, it's been while since we last saw them in season 2. I guess them fighting imperials over and over again can get boring sometimes.
    -Seevor The captain was really annoying though. I wasn't even annoyed at his accidental death.
    - Vizago in the spotlight, I really missed him. Favorite moment of the was him fooling the stormtroopers with his acting.
    - Zeb continues to shine in this episode where he gets most of the action.
    - Hera's speech was also a highlight. She seemed to be angry the the Rebels Command's inaction. (Oh, and Bail is back)
    - A set up for next week episode, clearly.
    7/10

5. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Very fun episode!
    Sabine taking out those Mining Guild sentries was awesome. Zeb vs the Trandoshan slaver was great. Them indirectly freeing Vizago was funny, and Zeb knocking out Seevo was too humorous. Love how he opens the compartment door, raises his fist and it closes behind him. That ending was also fantastic. It's great to hear they're finally going to attack Lothal. Of course it won't end well, but seeing Ezra light up was a great moment.

6. JH24

JH24 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 19, 2017
    Yeah, the captain was a missed opportunity. They could have done more with his character. His death wasn't an accident though, Ezra killed him on purpose. He moved his lightsaber just before Seevor turned away from the furnace so he would trip over it.

I was glad to see Vizago as well, his character is definitely more likeable.

7. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    It wasn't bad, probably one of the weaker episodes. Mainly because all the characters seemed as competent or incompetent as the plot needed them to be.

8. R.D.

R.D. Jedi Master star 3

Nov 26, 2015
    Eh, a step down from the other ones, seems to be a pattern with these two parters, starting out strong but then the second one falters.

The captain was more tenacious than I expected--though once again, the crew basically kills off civilian personnel who, slavers or not, are assuming they're just defending their haul from raiders. I kinda hope that maybe we can see the Empire capitalize on this--with Thrawn disseminating propaganda accusing the rebels of murdering innocent miners--but I doubt it.

Beyond that, the Indy-style fight was nice and choreographed decently for the show's standards. I don't know what was with that somewhat disturbing lingering shot of the furnace, to say nothing of the captain's death--that's a worse fate than what most Imperials get.

9. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    I said that because he could have easily dodged it, all he had to do was to look down.

10. JH24

JH24 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 19, 2017

You're entirely right. He could have easily avoided it. But I still find it creepy how Ezra actually wanted Seevo to trip over the lightsaber. His amused reaction was... unsettling in a way.

Maybe some form of revenge for burning down Lothal?

11. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Good episode but felt weaker because the last few have been really strong. The mining guild made for a nice break from the Empire and it was good to see Vizago again. Not really much more to add, but it does set up next week's mid season finale pretty nicely, really looking forward to that one.

12. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    My problem is that it seems they killed Seevo that way just so they would not have to have kids watch Ezra cut him in half with his lightsaber. He can trip and fall into a furnace..but don't you dare show a good guy kill him. However back in TCW...Ahsoka chopped off 3 or 4 Mando's heads.

Or Zeb and the overseer. Why not have Zeb run him thru with his staff instead of the overseer falling?

13. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    This is missing the point by a long shot. The Clone Wars adapted in its later seasons to a more mature audience because it had to in order to maintain its fan base. Rebels is still geared toward bringing in a new, younger audience. This coincides with the theme which Rebels has been pushing all along, especially this season. I maintain that you can enjoy Rebels much more if you don't compare it to TCW.
    In Rebels it's all about: "Its not whether or not we fight, its how we choose to fight that matters" i.e. rather than straight up killing enemies, disarm them and move along. The Empire is infinite. Killing a life to have it replaced by another is different from destroying a droid and having it replaced by another. Killing is what the Empire does, so the Rebels have to prove they're better than that. Thats the conflict between Mon Mothma and Saw. This is a theme which will continue until the end of the series next year.
    Ezra's mentality here is "I won't kill you, but I don't have to save you" - which is more jedi-like than outright killing. Sure, Ezra would have killed Seevo with his lightsaber intially, but that would be in self-defense. In the end, he didn't have to, so he chose inaction over choosing to call his saber back using the force and ramming it through Seevo.
    As for Zeb, easier said than done. It's established in canon and the EU that Trandoshans aren't folks you want to pick a fight with, and the one he had to fight was a beefy one in comparison to Seevo.

MandoArtist likes this.
  14. Shadowcatcher

Shadowcatcher Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2017

Now that Zeb has that whip, and we've been seeing Indiana Jones style fights, I wonder if we'll see something like the classic scene from Raiders where Indy just shoots the flashy swordsman instead of dueling him.

15. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    While I think this was a very good episode, I'm a bit disappointed they didn't use the Trandoshan growls and snarls from The Clone Wars; I think that was some really good sound design so I wonder why they didn't insert any of them here instead of the more random grunting they used.

And I do hope Zeb keeps that whip instead of tossing it away. It could come in handy for some Imperial entanglements.

16. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007

[​IMG]

Alpha-Red likes this.
  17. Pain and Suffering

Pain and Suffering Jedi Master star 3

Mar 8, 2015
    The Trandoshans were actually amusing and I couldn’t believe how much of a challenge they presented to the Ghost crew. I couldn’t believe that one took a Jedi down so fast. I think these might be the first bad guys who actually made the Ghost crew struggle against them for like more than two seconds. I thought it was cool Captain Seevor was listening to Zeb Rock.

LOL, Ezra’s acting is terrible. It was kind of funny how at first he rolled the 's's like an actual Trandoshan but after a while started to lose his composure and roll the wrong letters when he was imitating the captain's voice.

I actually found this episode amusing at times, although everything was too convenient, especially the timely death of the Trandoshans. When Ezra was fighting against Captain Seevor, it was extremely obvious that he would fall into the conveniently placed incinerator. Ezra should’ve acted like he kind of cared that the Trandoshan got incinerated, instead of obviously not caring in the slightest that his enemy just died a brutal death. After all, Ezra is supposed to be the compassionate one of the bunch, and it’s a pretty bad reflection on all of the Ghost crew members that they just don’t care when people die at all. I guess it’s a no mercy policy, but it seems pretty cold, coming from the good guys’ side.

Vizago acted too much like Hondo in this one. Sure, they’re somewhat similar characters, but Vizago tends to be slightly less friendly, and especially with the mention of his mother, it just felt more like Hondo than Vizago.

I didn’t like Hera’s speech. If the rebels stand against the Empire, sure they’re courageous, but if the rebels are all slaughtered, that would cause a lot of people to not want to stand against the Empire out of fear. Some might rise to the cause, but a good portion of people wouldn’t. And why would they so easily approve the attack on Lothal after Hera’s speech, but not after Jyn’s, especially since Jyn had a situation that was a lot more dire?