main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Republic Commando Fanart (UPDATED 05.28.06: Ingame Skins of Havoc Squad)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Corran_Fett, Mar 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordNeo

LordNeo Jedi Master star 5

May 13, 2004
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60/fakeplastictwong/alphaplatoon.jpg

can someone make this into a wallpaper :D

2. Corran_Fett

Corran_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2005
    Hardly, 'cause there is no bigger source-picute...
    It's quite a pity, but 'til LA doesn't release a fansite kit, there is no possibilty for a wallpaper...

3. Ryan_Kaufman

Ryan_Kaufman DHC Author & Former LucasArts Content Supervisor star 3 VIP

Mar 15, 2005
    I'm waiting for one of you brave young soldiers to do a fan-comic.

[rubs hands gleefully]

4. Otis_Frampton

Otis_Frampton LFL Artist, Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 7, 2001
    Yeah, there used to be a lot of SW fan comics on the web. I miss em' too.

Oh, and it's a good way to get noticed if your work is good.

-Otis

5. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    Daakin is just working on a RC comic:
    http://boards.theforce.net/Fan_Art/b10020/19129599/?29

But doesn't seem he got on last time...

6. Daankin

Daankin Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 3, 2002
    Thanks for the heads up Corran. I'm getting back on track as we speak.

7. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    I've found some very cool commando art on DeviantArt:
    http://shengart.deviantart.com/gallery/

enjoy :D

lookin very cool those stuff

8. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    I've just created a new, three-man squad called "Shadow Taung":
    [image=http://www.daves-sw-rogues.de/republic_commando/shadow%20taung.jpg]

Backstory:

SHADOW TAUNG
    Shadow Taung is the special op of the special ops. It is a secret platoon of elite Commandos (weird, since Commandos already are elite...).
    If they are not on an operation, they train 12 hours a day, 7 days a week. Originally, this special unit had 36 members. They were parted in 9 squads à 4 clones. Today, Shadow Taung has only one squad with only 3 members. But those are the best of the Republic. They are not know by either of the two other elite-units, the Republic Commandos and ARC Troopers, only Jango Fett and some high-ranked Mandalorian instructors who trained them knew that they excist. Only one more person, the Twi'lek Jedi General Vhar Nemec knows of their excistance.
    They all look like RCs, have RC-designations but they are better, much better.

RC-1004 'Grimes':
    Leader of Shadow Taung
    Weapon-Speciality: DC-13s High Prescision Sniper Rifle
    Grimes is one of the best soldiers of the Republic. He wears a Katarn Armor, but he has a higher percentage of Jango's genes than an ARC-Trooper. He has a such precise shot, that he can shoot a tiny bug from 500 meters away with his rifle without using the scope directly in it's head or the equivalent to one. Operations planned by him are most time that quick, that the enemy doesn't even know what's happening and they're dead before they can put their weapon out of their holsters. The mind of this cold-blooded clone is only drilled on military actions, his brothers and the assassination of his enemies.

Quotes:"Let's hit them hard and fast."
    "No one gets left behind, you know that."

RC-8001 'Hoot':
    Speciality: Heavy Weapons and Tech
    Hoot is the rather funny guy of the squad. He get's some serenty in the dull military life. He really loves weapons like the heavy Trando repeater, staionary E-Web cannons and so on. He also hacks terminals nearly as fast as a astromech unit. He has removed the sniper-attachment from his Deece but created a heavy-fire attachment for the standart weapon.

Quote: Cuz (one of the former Taung members): "We need a gunship to blow this door away!"
    Hoot: "Believe me, we don't." *pulls out his Deece with the heavy-fire attachment*

RC-0860 'Pred':
    Speciality: close-combat Weapons and explosives
    As his name says, Pred(ator) is the squad's hunter. Killing enemies is for him nearly art. The more blood flows, the happier he gets. He loves all kind of swords and blades, and also the blow-stuff-up. He is a bit crazy, 'cause if he can't kill someone for a longer time, he gets very depressive. But this doesn't make him less effective, he still is one of the highest elite. Without his bloodlust he probably wouldn't have survided the hard trainings, but maybe those are also a reason for it...

Quote: Hoot (to Pred, who's just choking a Trando while cutting off parts of his skin): "Don't you think you've had enough now?"
    Pred: "I can never have enough..."
    Hoot (lookin at the hive of corpses aourund him): "Unfortunately you can't."
    Grimes gives the Trando a signle shot between his eyes: "It is enough now. We must move on."
    Pred launches a not understandalbe grim sound but lets the Trando go.

9. Kuri

Kuri Jedi Youngling

Feb 13, 2005
    Hey all :)
    I've seen this thread and was quite impressed. I might be adding a rough Republic Commando sketch here. Need to finish two more mates before I post the image. But just to warn you all, it's my first attempt at trying to doodle a RepCom, so be gentle ;) Oh and uh..it'll be on lined paper...^_^; so, beware. I'll try my best to clean it up if I decide to post it...

As for my squad:

Zeta Squad.

RC-2102--"Tract"
    Quote(s): "The best armor is staying out of gun-shot."
    "Rule 42: One shot, one kill."
    "Speed's fine, but accuracy is final."
    Tract takes the head of Zeta squad as Zeta-lead and weapons sergeant. Named 'tract' by sergeant Ziac Sarat because he noted that 'the commando was a bundle of nerves' in the killing house exercises. His character is aloof--considering the fate of his old mates. Despite this however, he is reliable and bull-headed in regards to completing a mission. When the situation becomes dire, his offensive formation is often described as 'brash'. But Zeta-22 never acts in contradiction to his squad's well being.

RC-1257--"Atol"
    Quote(s): "Rule 15: Walking point is sniper bait."
    "Sniper's motto: Reach out and touch someone."
    "Pssh, military intelligence is a contradiction of terms."
    Atol, 'bitter' in Mandalorian*, is the more cool member of the squad. Designated sniper and field scout of the group. He had yet offered any means of friendly or non-business related conversations with his squadmates. He is shrouded in mystery, and has revealed close to nothing in relation to his past. But his love for alien weapon manufactoring is painfully evident--considering he shoulders Geonosian armature he policed after Geonosis.

RC-4011--"Switch"
    Quote(s): "Mines are equal opportunity weapons."
    "Almost every human relations problem can be solved by the proper application of high explosives."
    "Always tactically reload and threat scan 360 degrees."
    Demolitions expert and most qualified field medic. (Sorry Sangre, I had sketched Switch's character out before I read this forum and found Stitch and he were very much alike ^_^; I'll consider redoing Switch if it bothers you) Switch has suffered quite a few nasty scrapes from dealing with explosives. His squadmates often joked about calling him 'Stitch' (another freaky coincidence...). When off the field, he is more relaxed. However when engaged in a mission, he adopts a 'no-nonsense' attitude, much to Kek's dislike.

RC-6746--"Kek"
    Quote(s): "To steal information from a person is called plagiarism. To steal information from the enemy is called 'gathering intelligence.' "
    "Like Sergeant Orden always said, 'Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.' "
    "Move away from your attacker. Distance is your friend."
    Kek is short for 'Key Encryption Key'. The name was given to him by Sergeant Treg Orden, who noted his unique hacking abilities apart from his squadmates. As you may have already guessed, Kek is the squad slicer, and intelligence analyst. He is also the type of commando you don't want around in a dire confrontation--due to his quirky wise-cracks. However, he and his poor attempts at humor are always welcomed when the morale is suffering.

*Atol doesn't mean bitter in Mandalorian as far as I know. I'm just having fun with what it could be. :)

There we are. All my boys. If any of their RC designations have already been taken, feel free to bring it to my attention. And er, once again Sangre, sorry. If you have any concerns, PM me.

10. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    Sounds nice... now only the pics have to come :D

I've just imagined one more quote for Grimes: "A well-built sniper rifle is a beautiful thing. It has two zoom modes, 'Up close and personal' and 'Hello, you're dead'."

It's kinda hilarious that nearly everyone chooses "zeta" for his squad's name... - My Havoc Squad was first called "Zeta Squad", another guy's squad was also called Zeta Squad and now Kuri's is also called that way :D

Do you remember what Ryan said? No need for only greek-letter-desigs - just try to imagine your own names, guys ;) (it's not addressed to you, Kuri ;) - it's just general)

11. Kuri

Kuri Jedi Youngling

Feb 13, 2005
    That quote for Grimes sounds perfect. And yes, sniper rifles are beautiful...especially when you get a clear head-shot. Hehe...yes well, I quite liked the way 'Zeta' sounded. Just so...neat. And I did remember what Ryan said about greek-letter names! So, I took that to meaning, and used other alphabets instead for secondary squads :D Like, Qopa squad. Haha. Sheer brilliace.

Picture might be coming soon. Just have to get motivated to finish. ;)

12. Kenu

Kenu Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2005
    Love the colors of the clones in the new piece. And the poses! :)

13. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    Here Ryan's post 'bout the desigs:
    And same here with "Zeta" - I guess the good sound was also my reason... but 'Havoc' sounds even neater :D
    As for the Grimes quote: To be honest, it wasn't really my idea. I heard this in a movie (sry, don't remember the name of it) and thought it was really great :D - in fact, it is great

and thanks Kenu :)

14. Kuri

Kuri Jedi Youngling

Feb 13, 2005
    Hey there
    I feel really bad about not posting the squad image just yet. I've gotten...lazy.
    So, to try and make it up to you folks just a little bit, I will show you a little sneak-peak! It is infact, very little, but it's a peak nonetheless, right? Um, the lines haven't been completely cleaned up, so some areas look kind of smudgy...be warned. The wee bit of coloring isn't prime either, but it's a start. I also hope that this picture isn't too large for those with a dial-up connection.

Tadaa!
    RC-1257 "Atol"
    [image=http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a1/melodious_chaos/Atol.bmp]
    <please click on the picture to see it in uh...better quality :D>

P.S. I'm also working on a little Commando fan-comic. I'm thinking of dubbing it 'The Truths of War'. I'll try my best to keep you all posted. ;) Both on the progress...and whether or not I scrap the idea.

15. macen_press

macen_press Jedi Youngling

Jul 8, 2005
    Hi i was wondering if any one had any sketches or paintings or any thinglike that of the clone assassians.

16. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    Wow, that looks really cool... keep it up, I'm really lookin' foward to your squad-image :)

17. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
  18. RogueJediOutcast

RogueJediOutcast Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2005
    Wow dude how did you make this. I've been looking for plain white armor that I could edit. do you have any tips?

19. clone_commando_1993

clone_commando_1993 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 14, 2005
    wow! corran those are awesome! great job bravo! bravo!=D= =D= =D=

i wish i could draw:(

20. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    Look here: http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/starwarsrepubliccommando/screenindex.html - especially in the last few pages are many good concepts to edit ;)

clone_commando_1993: Thx :) - but I've to mention, I didn't draw anything... - I just took concept arts from the game or books and added some new colors on the armor ;)

21. Svoor

Svoor Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2004
    Do you have an unaltered/manip'ed version of this image that you wouldn't mind posting for everybody?

http://img332.echo.cx/img332/4347/camocommando9pn.jpg

22. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    Yes I can: http://pcmedia.ign.com/pc/image/article/511/511860/star-wars-republic-commando-200405090608936.jpg

23. Resilient

Resilient Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 30, 2003
    I think Svoor meant if you could post a clean version of the higher res version of that image that you used to manip the camo onto.

24. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    ah... then here ya go: http://img319.imageshack.us/img319/8858/rc1bg1vf0ah.jpg

25. Svoor

Svoor Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2004
    Thanks! :) Now I have a better ref. for drawing. Yayez!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.