main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Here's Some Money, Go See A Swap Thing: DCU/Elseworlds Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Jul 2, 2013.

1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    If we're talking about "bait" -- because, you know -- this was a pretty good one.

[​IMG]

What even is "Vero?"

2. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    and what's "derp"?

Sarge likes this.
  3. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Usually I derp when I should have herped... sometimes I herp when I should have derped though...

4. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    is that like when you burp and fart at the same time?

5. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Awwwwhhh.............. :(

I was not a Snyder-verse fan in Man of Steel nor Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice. And I thought the theatrical cut of Justice League was horrible. And I was ready to move forward with the Worlds of DC and say goodbye to the DCEU. Then I watched Zack Snyder's Cut of Justice League, which I said plot wise is the same movie as the theatrical cut. However, character wise, it's a different movie, especially when it comes to Cyborg and Batman, whereby Cyborg delivers the heart of the film and Batman isn't the butt of jokes nor shown in the light of a just a normal guy in a batsuit. And there's the epilogue that's totally inspired by the Injustice video game/comic book story line, and pays of the Knightmare scene in Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice, and caused me to reconsider the Snyder-verse. Now, just to be clear, I would NOT want the Synder-verse to be the main continuity for the DC films, but rather an Elseworld tale, much like the Injustice comic book series; as that was an awesome story. I mean, if DC is moving forward with their multi-verse, I feel like there's room for an Injustice Elseworld tale in live action and Zack Snyder wouldn't even need to direct it or write it.

It's time for Zack to move on from DC. He got his trilogy, which is way more than most directors every get. If Zack Snyder directs another comic book film, I hope it's Mark Millar's Nemesis on Netflix, as it's right up his alley.

6. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    I mean he did actively support a movement that was pressuring and harassing the studio to his own benefit.

7. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    That's what I thought too and why I posted it was important for Fin Wittrock to dye his hair red. Wittrock was great in the Netflix series Ratched as he does the mochismo and ruff exterior really well.

Having a John Stewart Green Lantern show up in the epilogue of Zack Snyder's Justice League would kind of made more sense than Martian Manhunter, from a certain point of view. I would have been surprised if Snyder actually walked away from completing his cut of Justice League for this non sequitur cameo.

Since WB told Snyder that he couldn't use John Stewart, I am expecting Stewart to show up in the Green Lantern series on HBO Max, as well as Jessica Cruz. I think there will be references to Hal Jordan, but I don't think we'll see his character. I don't expect to see Kyle Rayner or Simon Baz right away.

Last edited: May 3, 2021
  8. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Yeah, I have to assume this is as near a lock as can be -- that we'll see Stewart show up.

9. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Especially for fans you were first introduced to the Justice League via the Justice League animated series, which had John Stewart on the roster. To those fans, John Stewart is the original Green Lantern. I just hope the series doesn't cheap out the special effects because Green Lantern's essence is the power ring. I'd hate to see the power ring be used in a limited capacity due to budgetary reasons.

10. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    If they limit the power of the ring, I think it’ll be more likely to fit the tone of the film. The powers of the ring can border on very cheesey.

11. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Well, I don't think they'll have the Lanterns play a game of Pong by themselves.

[​IMG]

But I suppose you can have someone like Batman just take the ring away from a Lantern.

[​IMG]

Darkslayer and DarthPhilosopher like this.
  12. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I also wouldn't be surprised if we get Ryan Reynolds doing some VO-work as a surprise for an off-screen "appearance"...

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  13. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Yeah, voice over would work nicely because he wouldn't have to worry about wearing a very skin costume that might be cheesy,
    [​IMG]

14. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  15. SevPrince

SevPrince Jedi Master star 3

Nov 4, 2016

WB, I'm rooting for you. Please nail this.
    Black Kal El/Superman casting (think young Denzel, pretty much anyone you would cast as Malcolm X is the type they should look for or similar). Please do my man Lex right. I just want good Superman movie in my lifetime, don't care what color they are. Please don't pull (fatws) on this and leave racism alone.

Last edited: May 5, 2021
  16. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003

these pieces of **** are certifiable

17. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Straight up cult ****.

18. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Oh, the #RestoreTheSnyderVerse fans feeling like WB is trolling them hard again. [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

I think it's smart for JJ Abrams to step aside and hire a Black Director for a Black Superman. Now, that begs the question will this iteration of Superman be Clark Kent or the Earth-23 version of Calvin Ellis.

[​IMG]

This reminds of me of when Will Smith was asked about playing Superman by MTV back in 2008 and he said,
    "The last 'Superman' I got offered," Will Smith revealed recently, reminiscing about the time he passed up the "Superman Returns" role that eventually went to Brandon Routh, "the script came, and I was like, 'There is no way I'm playing Superman!' Because I had already done Jim West [of 'Wild Wild West'], and you can't be messing up white people's heroes in Hollywood!"​

Looks like the times they are changing.

Juliet316 likes this.
  19. SevPrince

SevPrince Jedi Master star 3

Nov 4, 2016
    They said it was kal-el from krypton in the article.

20. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

21. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    The problem with using Kalel versus making a new Kal-El is all the baggage that comes from also being the President. That's a recipe for script bloat right there; of course they want to avoid it. :p

Edit: Implausible long shot scenario, they're going with the Kal-El of Earth D from that quasi-canonical Crisis on Infinite Earths deleted issue. Obviously.

22. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Giancarlo Esposito as Lex, please.

23. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    ^ nice. he'd be brilliant.

Diggy likes this.
  24. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Ok. Right on!

Now, that is an interesting part as to when will this story take place and where. I mean, if this story were to take place between the 1940's and 1960's in the American South, I would imagine this would have an impact on Clark Kent as a Black man. Perhaps the story would be something like Sam Wilson's journey to becoming Captain America in Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

25. Jean-Luc Picard

Jean-Luc Picard Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 13, 2018
    Funny, just noticed the main writer of the Hollywood Reporter article is named Siegel.