main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT RYL: OOM-9s Thread of Battle Droid Greatness - PT Social Thread (RYL Movie Night - Fri 7/26, 9 PM)

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by cubman987 , Jan 2, 2019.

?

July Movie Night - Friday, 7/26 at 9:00 PM - PICK 2 (all on netflix/can use free trial)

Poll closed Jul 15, 2019.
  1. Spider-Man: Into The Spiderverse

48.1%
  2. Scarface

14.8%
  3. Avengers: Infinity War

51.9%
  4. The Fifth Element

25.9%
  5. Ex Machina

22.2%
  6. Pick this if you want Heels to add the years to the movies like he's SUPPOSED TO

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Got some drawing plans for when I next get a chance to sketch. First I'll try another Tintin character, Captain Haddock, Herge's simple linework is fun to emulate. Then there are several more Gravity Falls sketch tutorials I can follow, so I'll try a couple of those. Think I'll have a go at sketching a Will Smith Genie too, for the lolz :p

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Looks like a big storm might be coming in

Might go to see Captain Marvel not because I want to see it but because I want to see a movie and it’s the only good one that I might like might being a big if

3. s_heffley

s_heffley Chosen One star 7

Jun 7, 2015
    Alright folks. Let's get down to it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    That lightsaber meme format brings me back

5. Huttese 101

Huttese 101 Sam Witwer Enthusiast star 7

Jan 19, 2016
    I like Pokémon, but I would not call it a "universe" as such. Not like LotR or Game of Thrones or Star Trek or Star Wars.

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    What are you talking about. It has such a story and lore. :p

7. El Jedi Colombiano

El Jedi Colombiano Chosen One star 6

Jun 24, 2013
    I’m curious, as someone who has seen both LOTR and Star Wars, why do you rank GL above Tolkien? (Not that I disagree with you, as I also consider George the best but I’ve never seen LOTR) and most folks I’ve seen rank Tolkien as best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    SW BF2 "THE MIGHTY CHEWBACCA!"

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  9. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    The gaming gods were smiling down on crafty Chris today. I got Street Fighter Alpha 2 for the PS one for one dollar, and I got Wipeout for the 360 for a dollar. Then I got home and saw there was another game in with Wipeout called Adventures in Time. I also got Hereditary from my library which I've wanted to see since it came out. I'll give my review later. JK Rowling overrated? wtf?

10. Ingram_I

Ingram_I Force Ghost star 5

Sep 7, 2012
    Oh, it's mostly just preference. Tolkien certainly deserves (even warrants) all the praise he gets. The depth and fluency of his Middle-Earth mythology, as a traditional fantasy realm, remains to this day a benchmark unsurpassed; though, on the very concept of a complete fantasy-verse that pulls from world history, Robert E. Howard technically beat him to the punch.

What Lucas created however has the added influence of 20th century cinema (along with pulps and comics) that so deeply informs its world-building, which is simply that much more to my liking.

11. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    Who would win in a fight, Loki or Soundwave? :p

[​IMG]

12. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    Tie goes to the Sleestak. Just found out you need kinect to play Wipeout. ****** ****** oh well 2 games for 2 bucks aint bad.

13. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    Who dat? :p

14. christophero30

May 18, 2017
  15. Huttese 101

Jan 19, 2016
    You need a what to whip what out now?

16. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    I always wanted Street Fighter Alpha so I'm stoked to get it for a dollar. I saw it for 15 dollars recently.

17. Huttese 101

Jan 19, 2016
    I mean, there's something about Mew being the ancestor of all Pokemon and Arceus creating the universe, but it's all pretty vague. Each generation has its own mythology but it does that Nintendo thing where it all ends up overlapping and contradicting like in Zelda. The Gen I and Gen II games do form a nice continuity, but already with the third generation of Pokemon there was a departure.

It's all designed for kids anyway.

18. Valency Jane

Valency Jane Force Ghost star 6

Jan 17, 2016
    Whelp I missed a lot last night now didn’t I. ;) Twas fun to read through lol. Ingram, if we ever do happen to cross paths irl, a steak dinner sounds good. :)

Oh, and bringing it back to dreams for a second:
    [​IMG]
    Now I want to see this, it’s too perfect.

The Robocop movies are fun. :D
    Podcast recommends you ask for? I love podcasts, so much; I currently subscribe to 86. At home I rarely take my headphones off. :p

My fave subjects to listen to are true crime, SW, & movies. I’ll list SW ones to check out, but let me know if you want general movie & true crime recommends, I’ve got really good ones. :D :D :D

For SW, my go-tos are Now This Is Podcasting & Skytalkers. Tbh the Skytalkers I love because they’re pro-Bendemption, and Reylo, but if you just want positive SW talk they’re full of it. Their Resistance recap shows they did for each episode were really fun to listen to. :) I listen to NTIP because I needs all the leaks, news & speculation about SW.

I used to be really into The Wampa’s Lair, Full of Sith, but haven’t been as of late. But I still think they are really worth checking out though; they’re really positive SW podcasts, lots of PT love in both. :D

Star Wars Minute I’ve been trying to get back into. The ROTJ ones were their best imo; especially at the end, lots of BTS stuff I had no clue about that was interesting to learn. And y’all know my distaste for ROTJ. ;) I stopped listening for a while because they are not PT fans, and some/most of their guests hate the PT, and it was frustrating. Been listening to their TFA ones this week, and they’re okay. :p

I subscribe to other SW ones, but mainly so I can listen to them when big SW news happens. :p

Mom & I are seeing Shazam tomorrow! :eek: Somehow she got an offer for early tickets; we’re excited. :D
    [​IMG]

19. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
  20. Khalia Octa

Khalia Octa Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 2018
  21. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
  22. Dandelo

Aug 25, 2014
    why thank you,

:p

23. El Jedi Colombiano

El Jedi Colombiano Chosen One star 6

Jun 24, 2013
    Star Wars podcasting aka the microcosm of the power grabbing and political stupidity that permeates fandom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Khalia Octa and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  24. Dandelo

Aug 25, 2014
  25. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    I've spent this evening on another round of art! :D

Feast your eyes on my marginally improving skill! :p

First up we have Captain Haddock, the foul-mouthed sailor companion of Tintin:
    [​IMG]

Considering that I wasn't using a tutorial, just the final image, I think this one actually came of really well, other than that I omitted the pipe to save on detail. "Blistering Blue Barnacles!" ;):
    [​IMG]

Next I tried my hand at sketching the other Pines sibling, Dipper (though I didn't devote a full page like I did with Mabel):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Not too bad, though the face is a little gormless. The cap was a bit of a nightmare at first though, too many crisscrossing lines in too small a space.

Next we have everyone's favourite animal sidekick, Waddles the Pig!:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Another decent sketch I think, back half could be a little broader, but overall solid.

Here's Gravity Falls' other recurring animal character, Gompers the Goat:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This one required a lot of rubbing out of construction lines, so was the most work of any of the drawings, but I'm very pleased with the final result, particularly the head and face :)

There were 2 more GF tutorials I wanted to try, but I'll save them for next time, since I didn't want to try and squeeze them in on what space I had left on the page.

Instead, I moved on to the Genie from Aladdin, starting with the original (of which the same site had a tutorial):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I really needed to draw this bigger, I had to cram so much into the face and it's just a mess. Plus I had to squeeze the body in so it stayed on the page :p Arms came out decent though.

Last, but certainly not least, we have our favourite new incarnation of the Genie, Will Smith:
    [​IMG]

I was just going by eye for this one, no tutorial or guide, plus it was based off a real actor and not an already 'drawn' design. Because of that, I created some nightmare fuel:
    [​IMG]

Yikes, that's more 'gremlin Homer Simpson' than the Genie, but oh well :p I think the eyes are the worst, they're pretty small on the face, so it was hard to make them not look freaky.

Guess I'll stick to more cartoony drawings next time ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.