main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT RYL: OOM-9s Thread of Battle Droid Greatness - PT Social Thread (RYL Movie Night - Fri 7/26, 9 PM)

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by cubman987 , Jan 2, 2019.

?

July Movie Night - Friday, 7/26 at 9:00 PM - PICK 2 (all on netflix/can use free trial)

Poll closed Jul 15, 2019.
  1. Spider-Man: Into The Spiderverse

48.1%
  2. Scarface

14.8%
  3. Avengers: Infinity War

51.9%
  4. The Fifth Element

25.9%
  5. Ex Machina

22.2%
  6. Pick this if you want Heels to add the years to the movies like he's SUPPOSED TO

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CIS Droid

CIS Droid AOTC 20th Anniversary Banner Winner star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Oct 21, 2015
    [​IMG]

Im drawing more and more to get a better idea on how the scenes should look, much more than i did for SotDD. Some storyboards here and there, but mostly sketches on how certain shots should be done.

And dont worry about it, i love getting questions about how i work.

Yeah, i have so much respect for traditional animation. Truly amazing stuff. I have done some short digital animations before, and might make some more in the future. Its hard work.

2. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Now I have a follow-up question, cause all your notes seem to be in English, but aren't you from Sweden? Would the notes not be in Swedish, or do you just prefer English?

Either way, you have a really good grasp of English, probably better than some other posters here :) (Sorry JKF, I know you have dyslexia, my sisters have it too :p)

3. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    I did it! In the span of around 24 hours, I slept during 18 hours of the time span. Only downside is I feel like I have no energy because my body wants to sleep more, but I refuse.

4. CIS Droid

Oct 21, 2015
    I love the english language, i use it far more often than Swedish (especially online) when it comes to my notes. It also help me put a little more thought into my writing when i have to remember the english meaning.

And thank you, it was one of my favorite subjects in school when i was younger, so I'm glad I have a good grasp of it :)

5. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Also, I hope you don't mind @CIS Droid, but it's getting late here, so I published Chapter 25 of the fic, you can still look over 26 before I publish it, as I'm sure you'll get there by next week :)

https://archiveofourown.org/works/17589107/chapters/43124699

This chapter took a lot of work to get right, but in the end I think it's very strong at moving the finale forwards.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
  6. s_heffley

s_heffley Chosen One star 7

Jun 7, 2015
    That's strange. You always hear people complaining about how much English sucks.

7. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Me and my Mum were talking about that very thing earlier on our walk, can't remember what word we were discussing now, but we were in agreement that English was a mish-mash of contradictory rules and pronunciations ;)

8. CIS Droid

Oct 21, 2015
    Yeah, I've never understood that, never been hard for me to understand it.

9. s_heffley

s_heffley Chosen One star 7

Jun 7, 2015
    Wasn't English developed from a combination of a couple different languages? If that's the case it kinda makes sense there'd be varying pronunciations and such.

10. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    That's it, I've remembered what we were talking about now :)

It was cause we passed through a bunch of villages with quirky names, which made me wonder where the name of the town we live in, Calne, comes from, never heard of any etymology for it. There's also the other weirdly titled Devizes 15 minutes away, so I wonder if they share a common language somewhere far back [face_thinking]

11. CIS Droid

Oct 21, 2015
    Yeah, no problem. I sadly dont have time to focus on binge reading all the chapters that are left, but i will read 3-5 chapters each day to make up for it.

12. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    [​IMG]

Thanks again bud :)

As for future writings, I now have a single prompt for a 'Season 2' chapter idea, that one should be fun to get round to writing once I have a clearer plan of the rest :) I have some scattered concepts and ideas, just have to cohere them all together.

13. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Alright, MCU Rankings are (finally) locked! Posting soon!

14. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    And by soon, I mean sometime within the next week or so :p

15. Prime Jedi

Prime Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Apr 14, 2018
    Who's on a lot of medication to make my migraine be less awful? (Points finger at myself) Who feels extremely loopy and am probably gonna up embarrassed tomorrow when I see this? Also me. Who's gonna ask a random off topic question like I always do? Yeah, this repeated question thing is old already. Anyways.....

What's the most disturbing scene in a movie/video you've ever seen? This includes individual scenes in any film, or if you've seen a disturbing video or anything like that. I'm asking because I'm bored, it's a topic I'm interested in right now, and I need something to occupy me while I'm completely out of it from the medicine I took. :p [face_beatup]

16. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    My most disturbing and terrifying piece of media?

Doctor Who: Forest of the Dead. Sure, it has killer shadows and all, but that was passe.

There's this virtual world see, that the companion is trapped in, with horrors like this distorted face:
    [​IMG]

There's a creepy dreamlike air to the whole virtual world, and the scene where Donna's 'virtual children' disappear still haunts me. She gives such a horrified scream, and just the idea of vanishing away like that was enough to break young me.

There was also another thing, a kid's book called Colin and the Creepy Claw.

Basically, Colin found this Dinosaur claw, and would be visited by an apparition of a Velociraptor. Wherever he went, the raptor would follow. I'm sure it's tame now, but back then it was so disturbing, that you could just be haunted by this spectre of death.

17. Prime Jedi

Apr 14, 2018
    Been there before, I'm really sorry to hear that youre so tired. :( Hopefully there's treatment or something that can help with that as soon as possible. :)

18. Prime Jedi

Apr 14, 2018
    Geez that Forest of the Dead thing sounds creepy @darkspine10 . It sounds really dreamlike, which I would imagine makes it more relatable, and therefore more disturbing to watch.

19. Valency Jane

Valency Jane Force Ghost star 6

Jan 17, 2016
    Most disturbing? A scene in Don’t Breathe with a girl being held captive. When I realized wtf was unfolding in that scene I fast forwarded past it. Never want to see that movie again. :(

On an ewww, gross out disturbing level, I cannot deal with vomit in movies. Just no, no & no. :p

The Colin book sounds fun.

20. Prime Jedi

Apr 14, 2018
    Hmm, I'm tempted to see if I can find that scene on youtube, though that probably isn't a good idea for me. :p

Oh god, vomit in general is like one of the most disgusting things ever, nobody wants to see that. [face_sick]

21. CIS Droid

Oct 21, 2015
    Eh, thats boring, I'm going with two things that scared me when i was younger.

Practically everyone that saw the Moomin anime when they were younger, myself included, got nightmares from the Groke.
    [​IMG]

There was also this show called Tillbaka Till Vintergatan here in sweden, the basic plot of the first season was the star trek type crew going around gathering resources to keep the world from dying, if i remember correctly.

So they go to this cave planet one episode, with the goal of finding some fish that dwell in a certain cave. Once they find them ,and have collected them, they notice something in the water.
    [​IMG]

They then get attacked by one of its tentacle, thats the end of that episode. The next episode is them being chased by this creature, where all we see of it is its two red eyes following them.

Right before they get beamed up, they tell this story to their teammate that stayed by their ship, she thinks their imagining things, when the creatures claw tentacle slowly creeps around her.
    [​IMG]

And thats the end of the episode.

By never showing the monster, beside the eyes and tentacle they managed to create some pretty decent nightmare fuel.

22. Valency Jane

Valency Jane Force Ghost star 6

Jan 17, 2016
    The first time I saw Pitch Perfect I was having a lot of fun with it, so was fully unprepared for the vomit scene. Kinda ruined the rest of it for me. :p

Saw is gross too, darn sewage. *shudders *

23. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    I'm about to rant, but not because of you and I thank you for your hope for me in my situation. I just need to let this all out.

"Soon" may not be possible since I have been living in my current condition for about five months now and all California hospitals have been able to do for me is prescribe me pain and blood pressure medications. I honestly think my body is slowly becoming incapable of handling it due to the pain starting to feel unbearable and my kidney issues are causing my blood pressure to spike into the ranges where I can go into cardiac arrest. While the medications are working, I do now want to have to be on opioids for too long and the blood pressure medication causes me to feel incredibly nauseous and dizzy. I think I can get a lower tier medication to help with the later, but come one! I'm 27 and from what the emergency doctors have told me I am having issues that only the elderly tends to suffer from.

I kid you not, the big hospital in the state that is supposed to do anything about my kidney is unwilling to do a damn thing now. All they did was send me to Pain Management who are utterly baffled by that decision and shared the same settlements with the emergency room: the pain I am suffering from is internal and the kidney is causing the blood pressure to spike. Meanwhile there is a surgery that can be performed that help this same exact situation I was in thirteen years ago, but Stanford just won't do anything more for me because my kidney is operating only 5% less than normal. So yes, there is a problem there, but since they think it isn't that big of a deal I will just have to suffer.

As I've stated before, the pain is not minimal. I'm just used to it because I suffered with it from the age of seven to fourteen. The pain is so bad that I am on disability and I lost both my jobs because of it. The only way I can function safely day to day is to take medications that forbids me from being capable of even holding a desk job, so I am currently on disability. Stanford doesn't want to potentially change my life through a surgery that worked for me thirteen years ago, but even without my life has already been changed due to my medical condition.

I'm just seriously luck to have such good friends in life and a loyal family. If I was one my own, I probably wouldn't be alive right now.

There is hope. I am moving to Washington in May and will be seeking their urological hospital out for a second opinion and I will be continuously asking for the surgery. I don't care what I have to sign, this crap just needs to end so I can get back to my life.

24. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Oh wow, the Moomins, I haven't thought about them in years. I only saw some scattered episodes of a cartoon adaptation when I was younger, but something about them stuck in my memory as being distinctive.

That's also reminded me of something else, there was this cartoon called Mumfie, about a happy elephant who went on a fantasy quest with a scarecrow sidekick. It was created by Britt Allcroft, who also created Thomas the Tank Engine.
    [​IMG]

It sounds pretty innocent, but there were some more atmospheric story arc aspects, something about a banished queen and a fantasy kingdom. It felt surreal in an 'Alice in Wonderland' way.

There was this enigmatic black cat too, like the Cheshire Cat, he used to teleport around and speak in riddles.
    [​IMG]

Annoyingly, we only ever had the first two VHS tapes, and the show was heavily serialised, one episode flowing directly into the next. It ended on a minor cliffhanger, and there was a next time trailer. They were gonna meet pirates under the sea or something, I was so intrigued at that point. I don't think I've ever felt more annoyed at not being able to just keep watching ;)

Man, that felt nostalgic, I should really try and track that down and watch it :)

Also, I'm about to head sleep now, but I came up with a second fic prompt while I was in the bath, so I'm mentioning this so that in the morning I can remember to write it down :p

25. CIS Droid

Oct 21, 2015
    We had Mumfie here in Sweden as well, i remember it fondly, though i barely remember anything about it except the intro, a pirate (i think) and the scarecrow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.