main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge September is WIP Month! (Finish WIPs, get colors!)—Entering our final hours!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Findswoman , Aug 20, 2023.

1. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Yay, updates all around! :D @Pandora @Raissa Baiard @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha and @Chyntuck , your entries have all been updated—congratulations on those check marks! And @Kit' , please do not feel discouraged—we are rooting for you and sending good vibes your way whatever may happen. Anything we can do, just let us know! @};-

2. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    @Kit' , I'm making pretty small progress so far myself. But I think I can still do something neat in the time left this month, and I'm rooting for you too! @};-

Though I'm not doing a word count goal for it, I may as well report my writing progress so far: 170 words towards finishing a drabble set for Gazing at the Distant Lights.

And I have posted reviews of the following WIP stories:

Strict, Unbending Rules for Dealing with Stray Loth-cats: https://boards.theforce.net/threads...nge-sabine-pre-ahsoka.50059565/#post-58638518

The Book of Gand, Part the Fourth:
    https://boards.theforce.net/threads...cret-zuckuss-gand-ocs.50059484/#post-58638377

3. Pandora

Pandora Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    7640 words on "Heroes."

When next I update, I hope to do so from the other side of the finish line.

4. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
  5. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    @Kahara @Pandora @Gabri_Jade got you updated—great work! =D=

EDIT: Added my recent reviews: the most recent chapters of @Chyntuck 's beautifully tragic The Tale of Noora and Seyf, and @Raissa Baiard 's delightful, feels-packed Strict, Unbending Rules for Dealing with Stray Loth-Cats. :sabine::ezra: I'm up to 8 now.

EDIT 2: And now also @devilinthedetails 's adorable Owen and Beru 3+1, Four Ways to "I Love You", for a total of 9. [face_love]

EDIT 3: And now up to 10 with something new and different for me: A Young Marsh-Wiggle’s First Trip to Beaversdam by @devilinthedetails! :)

Last edited: Sep 18, 2023
  6. Gabri_Jade

Nov 9, 2002
    837 words on Reclamation; new total of 4282 :luke:

7. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Chosen One star 4

Aug 9, 2002
    [​IMG]

I'm here! I'm probably not going to meet any of my goals, but I'm here!

411 words on All These Broken Pieces and over 2,000 words on stuff that isn't on my WIP list :p :oops:

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh]
    MUST BE GOOD THEN! [face_batting]

9. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    For some unexplainable reason I was able to get back in the head-space of If This Is a Man, for which I posted chapter 3 and drafted chapter 4. Miracles happen!

10. ViariSkywalker

Aug 9, 2002
    I hope so! [face_laugh] The non-WIP stuff is for the upcoming Angstober event... [face_whistling]

11. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    I too left a review on the stunning Strict, Unbending Rules for Dealing with Stray Loth-Cats by the excellent @Raissa Baiard.

Which brings me up to 7 reviews for WIP month unless I've had a math fail.

(Always a possibility since math is like my mortal enemy:p)

12. Pandora

Apr 13, 2005
    To quote myself: When next I update, I hope to do so from the other side of the finish line.

And so I'm here to announce that--only a few minutes ago and nearly six months after the original deadline--I have finished "Heroes." THE END. Ta da.

[I stopped counting up the words after my last update, but I'm sure I wrote over a thousand of them. The final count--including what I wrote both during the Kessel Run itself and last month--is 19,308 words.]

It will be a while still before I have this all posted (since I need to set it aside for a few days before I stare down the revision process necessary to put it before the public) which I believe is required to earn the checkmark of the accomplished goal. So I will have to wait for that. But I don't see any reason not to post my triumph now.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2023
  13. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
  14. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Wonderful work being done! @Gabri_Jade @ViariSkywalker @Chyntuck @devilinthedetails @Pandora @earlybird-obi-wan I’ve got your indices updated. :)

Gabri, it’s great that Reclamation is moving along so nicely! Definitely keep up the swell work. :)

Viari, I think it’s great that you have been so productive and inspired on the Angstober prompts! That is, after all, the mainest of main things, and here are all my best wishes that it continues. :)

devil, no worries about math this time; your count is perfectly correct! :D

Chyn, it’s fantastic that you have gotten back to work on If This Is a Man! :) Just curious here: I see that your goal is to finish it, but may I ask how many chapters that will end up being? Just so I know, for index purposes, whether the four you have constitute completion or not (and it’s totally okay if they don’t).

Pandora, congratulations on finishing Heroes! I know you have worked mooie, mooie hard on that story, and thus I completely don’t mind giving you a check mark for it right now. Once it’s posted, post a link in this thread too, which I’ll attach to the index so folks can come and leave reviews.

Earlybird, I’ve got your review counted—thanks so much for being so prolific and enthusiastic as both a reader and a writer! :cool:

And as for me, by current Book of Gand chapter now stands at 940 words.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2023
    Pandora, Kahara, Gabri_Jade and 7 others like this.
  15. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Hehe. The answer is "it's complicated" :p My original plan for this story when I started in 2016 was prologue + 5 chapters + epilogue; of that, I'd posted the prologue and the first two chapters back then, plus a third chapter yesterday. But now that I'm reworking it all these years later I'm shifting things around (and honestly my original idea for an epilogue was lame), so I'm not entirely sure if it will be another 2 chapters + epilogue, or another 2 chapters and no epilogue, or just one more chapter + epilogue. Basically, your guess is as good as mine as to how many more chapters it'll be, but I do have a specific endpoint in mind and I haven't reached it yet. I'm on a roll with this story though, so I should soon have a better answer than "as of today, it's still a WIP"!

16. ViariSkywalker

Aug 9, 2002
    477 words today on All These Broken Pieces for a new total of 888 words!

17. Gabri_Jade

Nov 9, 2002
    888 words on Reclamation (lol Vi :p *fist bump*), bringing the total to 5170, one large goal down [face_party]

18. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    @ViariSkywalker and @Gabri_Jade you are both updated now—absolute way to go! :cool: And Gabri, congratulations to you on achieving your Reclamation goal; nothing short of awesome work there! =D=

I updated my chrrent chapter’s word count, too: 1206. Good to be in the four-digits!

Last edited: Sep 21, 2023
  19. Gabri_Jade

Nov 9, 2002
    [face_blush] Thank you! :D

545 words on Coming Home, for a new total of 749. One review, for Your Heart Will Catch Its Breath Again, by @Mira_Jade :zaed:

20. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Ring out the trumpets, because I am excited to announce that I have finally written another chapter of my Diary of a Very Sympathetic Padawan for the first time since 2021:eek:

Which means I have met my medium goal to write a chapter for that story!

A big thank you to WIP month for providing the kick in the pants I apparently needed to continue this story that had been on hold for so long[face_dancing]

21. amidalachick

amidalachick Chosen One star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    Congrats to everyone on all the progress! =D=

I'm excited to share I wrote 184 words on Girls in Their Summer Clothes for a total of 218 words, so I achieved my small goal for that one! :D

22. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I move one week from tomorrow and I am sitting down now to do my 5,000-word post, which may include the scene that's another challenge for me. It depends on how much I get taken out of me emotionally by what happens in the 5K. Wish me luck.

23. Gabri_Jade

Nov 9, 2002
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2023
  24. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
  25. Pandora

Apr 13, 2005