main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Shadows of a Past Long Forgotten (NJO- post Rebirth, tagged, Completed 12\30\02, *sniff*)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by padawan lunetta, Aug 15, 2001.

1. Sarah_K

Sarah_K Jedi Master star 4

Jun 10, 2001
    I don't even know where to start listing likable parts, but Corran and Luke as 'old dads' and Jysella as a 'little terror' was absolutely hillarious!! [face_laugh] At least she's honest. ;)

Uh-oh. Looks like our favorite Jedi pada-gal is going to have to watch her back the minute she gets free of her ice cube. :eek:

More would be appreciated. :D

Sarah >^,,^<

2. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Sweet. I'll hopefully read it before I go to an amusement park tomorrow morning. Snar, urr, Lunetta, ;D, you a master of writing.

3. Jade_Skywalker

Jade_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    Hey, WONDERFUL SNARKY!!! You are so good at writing. I want to see more though;););)

4. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Thanks Sara,Darthie and Jade! Here thus ends Chapter 4!

Corran spun on his heels to see what she was talking about. She was right, they weren't alone. Barely ten meters away from them, a group of men were loading cargo into a small Corellian cruiser. They were either oblivious to the Jedi, or ignoring their small group. A large gray block caught Corran's interest, bringing a slight frown to his lips. Using the Force to enhance his vision, he got a better look at it and swore under his breath. "Master Skywalker," he gripped Luke's arms. Luke who had been standing so as to face both Corran and Miranda, turned inquisitive blue eyes to him. "About how many times in your life have you seen someone encased in carbonite?" Corran asked.

Luke frowned. "Once with Han..."

"Well here's a second time!" Corran jabbed his thumb towards the men, who were still trying to load the girl.

"Sithspawn," Luke whispered.

Corran was already thinking of ways to relieve the men of their prisoner, when the Force stirred so strongly it took his breath away. They had to save the girl quickly. Luke was pulling on Corran's arm, obviously receiving the same impression Corran had. "Keep Jysella here with you by the ship," He instructed Miranda over his shoulder as he took off with Luke.

Miranda nodded, taking Jysella's small hand in her own.

Corran followed Luke to the men, bothered that he hadn't sensed the danger emanating from them. He and Luke reached the ship just before the men had the girl in the ship all the way.

Luke slowed to a stop, raising one hand. "What are you doing?"

One of the men, in dirt stained coveralls froze, then turned to face Luke. "None of your business." He growled, resting his hand on the butt of his blaster. "As long as you keep it that way, I'll let you live."

"I think not." Luke waved his hand. "You will release the prisoner and cargo to me."

"I will..." The man said sleepily, before he was interrupted.

"Sith!" One of his men cried, shaking the man. "It's Jedi, Wald!"

Wald blinked, stepping back. He quickly unholstered his blaster, unable to get a shot off before it flew from his hands and into Luke?s.

"It's Skywalker!" Another cried, not even bothering to unhook his blaster before taking off at a run.

The other two considered the Jedi a moment, until Corran unhooking his lightsaber made the decision for them. They took after their comrade, causing Corran to twist his mouth in disgust. "Cowards," he growled underneath his breath. Luke raised an eyebrow at his comment. Corran gave chase, with Luke on his heels.

Miranda watched the two Jedi chase after their quarry, tightening her grip on Jysella's hand. She couldn't believe that things were already going wrong, on the first night she arrived! She had to admit though, that she liked the excitement of it. Her life on Trenon had been less than boring, the Vong hadn't even threatened to invade. She wouldn't have wanted that of course... would she? She frowned considering this, not noticing the small hand slip from her own. Of course she wouldn't. The only danger she wouild maybe want was something that effected her alone.

Jysella studied the Miranda Lady for a moment, sending a faint Force suggestion that she was still holding her hand. Grinning to herself, she tiptoed to what she deemed the Pirates Ship to see what her daddy was so concerned about. She made it to the ship and climbed the boarding ramp, risking quick glances back at Miranda, who was still lost in thought. Good.

The small cargo bay was filled with interesting sparkling jewelry and trinkets. Weaponry littered the floor, so she carefully crawled on her hands and knees to the gray block that had captured her father's interest. She wished she had the time to inspect everything, but the little trick she'd pulled on Miranda wouldn't work forever. And Daddy and Master Skywalker would be back soon. She crawled up onto the surface

5. Jedi_Borme

Jedi_Borme Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2000
    Now Luney I know that you have Chapter 5 done so I think you need to post it now. [face_devil]
    I loved that post. Jys loves to make trouble for Corran. I think I fill sorry for him.

6. Jaded Skywalker

Jaded Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 1999
    "Its Skywalker

Isnt it always... What would happen if we didnt have Lukie around, chasing after baddies? :p

Great post, lunetta! My curiousity grows....

7. Jade_Skywalker

Jade_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    OOOPS!!! I keep on calling you Snarky huh Lunetta MAN!!! Now don't I feel silly. Oh well, can you blame me? After all it is what I always call you. Anywho, in the future, I'll try to be more careful;) And post more soon:)

8. starwarsfan1000

starwarsfan1000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2000
  9. princess-sari

princess-sari Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2000
    I love how it was Jysella who "melted" Helaine's statue just because the buttons were so fascinating to her.
    Wonder how Corran and Luke will react when they find out who really tortured Helaine!

And since you like hearing it, Lunetta:

I can't wait to see what happens next! ;)

10. LeiaSkywalker

LeiaSkywalker Jedi Master star 3

Mar 31, 2001
    Me neither!!!! :)

11. Padawan_Di-Lee

Padawan_Di-Lee Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2000
    Well, Helaine gets a stroke of very good fortune after all! :) I hope she is able to recover quickly. I'm sure she and Luke will have a lot to talk about.

12. Sarah_K

Jun 10, 2001
    Boy, Jys is a clever little booger, ain't she? Tsk tsk. It's a good thing none of my sibs are Force-sensative, or I'd be in real trouble. ;)

So they've got her now! Yippee! 'Course, she doesn't sound too good and they don't yet realize that, in reality, she's probably twice their age, but hey! I bet it'll work out just fine. :D

Sarah >^,,^<

13. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    Great post! :)

14. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    THanks ppls! MOre late tonight!

15. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    Coolbeans, Lune...nother great one!

16. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    I just love seeing Jedi in action. Nice post.

17. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    While I await my exhaulted beta's critique of Chapter 5... I shall address my readers!

Jedi Borme:[/i] Maybe I do, and maybe I don't! ;)

Jaded Skywalker: What else is Lukie good for??? ;) Well except for the obvious... I mean... um... THANKS!

Jade_Skywalker: Dont' worry bout it Jadey-Woman, Either one works here. ;) Thanks for the up!

starwarsfan1000: Thanks :)

princess-sari: THanks Sari :D *treasures the "want more"* Yes, I wonder how they will react... should they find out...

LeiaSkywalker: It could be long... maybe. ;) THanks!

Padawan_Di-Lee: Yes a small stroke of luck.... ;) Thanks :)

Sarah_K: LOL, I am pretty sure they don't realize she is older than them. ;) Yeah, Jysella's a little monster. ;)

Rebecca191: Thanks :)

Darth McClain: Thanks McClainster!

MariahJade2:Thanks, I love seeing Jedi in action too! Specially those two ;)

18. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Well.. it isn;t very late yet... but Chapter 5 is long, so I'll put some up now, and MAYBE more in the morning. ;)

Chapter 5
    Jedi Headquarters, Imperial City, Coruscant

Corran Horn stepped quietly into the infirmary room, catching sight of Cilghal working on the mysterious girl. Luke Skywalker stood off to the side, trying not to hover. Jysella lay in a soft chair, curled up into a ball, still fast asleep.

Luke looked up at him as entered the room. "How'd it go with Space Port Security?"

"Not well. Apparently there was a bomb in Docking Bay 8, one big enough to recall all of the Security Personnel in the Space Port. They show up just as the bad guys got away, take possession of the stolen items, and demand the right to interrogate the victim," Corran said, straddling the cold metal chair next to the bed.

"They won't be doing any questioning if she doesn't wake up," Luke said, standing next to the diagnostic table. "Cilghal. Any clues as to what the problem might be?" He asked, focusing his attention back to the Mon Calamari.

"Well," Cilghal said, drawing a blood sample from the girl?s arm. "She doesn't have a concussion, or any other skull wounds. I'm checking her blood for the presence of drugs."

"Could it be weakness?" Corran asked. "She's pretty faint in the Force."

"You know, that's the strange thing," Cilghal said, studying the medisensor. "She's far stronger than the Force suggests."

Luke felt a cold chill run down his spine. "What do you mean?"

"According to the Force, she is practically knocking on death's door. But her pulse is strong, and her breathing regular. Even the vibroblade wounds aren't critical," Cilghal sighed, looking down at her young patient. "Either she is shielding herself, or is somehow blocked to it."

Corran rose to his feet, stepping over to the bed. "We'd better hope for the latter," he said, studying the girl's pale face. Cilghal had placed bandages on her cheeks, but they were unable to hide her soft, pretty features. The Force stirred again in his breast. It was a strange sensation, nothing like he'd felt before. It was almost as if he was meant to find her. As to what end... he wasn't sure. Seeing her lay there, hurt and helpless, prodded his fatherly instinct, kicking it into high gear. He'd often felt it when helping young refugee children, or even back to the time he spent working for CorSec, when a child was injured or lost. But somehow, this girl was different. She reminded him of his daughter.

"If she's shielding, that suggests previous Jedi training." Luke rubbed his chin thoughtfully. "I don't recognize her."

"Kyp's been taking on students," Corran reminded him.

"True," Luke mused. "It's really strange how strongly the Force guided us to her? perhaps she has reconsidered Kyp's teaching."

"Can't blame her for that," Corran said, though something told him that was not true. Exactly what was the Force's will here?

"We'll find out when she's awake," Luke answered Corran?s unspoken question. "You find anything, Cilghal?"

Cilghal nodded. "There's a strange chemical in her blood. The computer can't identify it. It could be what is holding her unconscious... or blocking the Force."

Luke folded his arms, studying her (which her?) a moment. "You really think that's possible." It wasn't a question.

"I do."

"Whoa," Corran held up his hands. "You know what we're discussing here?"

Luke sighed. "I'm afraid I do. Though I don't see how it's possible."

"Maybe ysalamiri blood?" Cilghal suggested.

"Perhaps," Luke ran his hand through his hair. "I guess we have decided, without proof, that she is Force sensitive?"

"When she wakes up, we'll have our proof," Corran said, touching the girl?s arm. "It's strange how the Force stirs around her."

Luke stared at him, as if he was missing something. "The Force flows between you and her."

Corran blinked. "I know," He said softly. "What do you think it

19. Jaded Skywalker

Jaded Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 1999
    Ysalamiri blood, in her blood? Whoa, this girl gets cookier all the time.

Now, lunetta, you ask what else Luke is good for (um- well, like you said-besides the obvious, of course ;) ), well I think Lukie is pretty good at flying across the room. :)

Great post, I have never seen such a good story have so many posts, in so little time! Guess I am going to be doing a lot more late night posting!

20. Sticks-Solo

Sticks-Solo Jedi Youngling star 2

May 11, 2001
    Great story :)

I'm hooked... When can we get the next chapter?

21. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    I'm hooked! Can't wait for more!

22. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    I have no doubt that Helaine will survive this ordeal and be an apprentice to Corran. Won't she have a lot to catch up on? :)

Another greatie.

23. Sarah_K

Jun 10, 2001
    Poor girl! :(

On the one hand I want her to remember what happened so that they can know where she came from, but on the other hand, I don't want her to have to live through a guilt complex over how she 'killed' her master. Or at least, I'm pretty sure I don't... I've become such an Obi-Torture fan that I can't tell anymore.

Yeah, the Force flows strong, Corran! Hint hint. ;)

A post answering any or all of the questions that I have bouncing around in my brain would be appreciated!! :D

Sarah >^,,^<

24. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Maybe I should admit that I didn't start posting this until I had half of chapter 5 written Jaded... ;)

Thanks Liz!

Good to see you Sticks!!

Well Sara... I am putting up a shortie, just a LITTLE more of Chap 5 :D (Mummy might gruond me ;))

Thanks Mclainster!

Here is a LITTLE more of Chapter 5...

The girl lay motionless on her bed, uncomfortable with the soft voices drifting in from the far end of the room. She knew they were talking about her, and it bothered her that she couldn?t hear what they were saying. Instead of concentrating on them, she focused on the one name she recognized -
    Skywalker. She closed her eyes, letting the name echo in her mind. Slowly, an almost face formed, covered in shadows that rivaled the deepest recesses of her mind. A sudden intense fear clutched her heart, pain was associated with that name, death.

The figure crept deeper into her awareness, accompanied by a soft, mechanical breathing. The girl could feel herself mentally stepping back, fear cutting off her ability to breathe. Or was it the Dark Lord doing it? She shuddered, and opened her eyes in hopes of escaping the vision.

The darkness stayed, as did the ominous figure. The girl started shaking, unable to escape this figure. It loomed nearer, reaching a mechanical limb out towards her. The girl curled up as if to protect herself, screaming as it nearly touched her.

Corran turned around at the sound of her scream, wondering what could possibly have provoked it. She was backing up against the bed a terrified expression twisting her features. Corran hurried over to her bedside, taking the thrashing girl into his arms. "Hey," he said softly. "What's wrong?"

She squirmed in his grasp, trying desperately to get away from him. "Let go..." She struggled harder. 'The dark man..."

Corran just held her tighter, worry creasing his brow. Dark man? Cautiously, he touched her with the Force, trying to tweak the cold fear entrapping her. Whatever was attacking her, it came from within. A memory of who froze her? He sent calming waves of the Force into her, slowly feeling her relax against his chest.

The girl had thought the dark man had grabbed her, even after she heard... Corran's voice. The very familiar touch of... something, purged the dark figure from her mind, but she couldn't stop shaking. She clung to him, feeling his hand rub her back soothingly. She couldn't bring herself to say anything. What good is it in trying to explain a dark figure to a complete stranger. Everyone's a stranger to you, a voice in her head reminded her. Even yourself.

She heard Master Skywalker, not the not the dark one she reminded herself, (though how she knew that, she wasn't sure,) ask if she was alright. Corran mentioned he thought so, then asked if something was necessary. The female replied yes, that stress wasn't good on her. The girl frowned, wondering what was going on. She pulled slightly away from Corran, when something pricked her arm, and she slept once more.

Corran shook his head, gently lowering the girl down to a laying position. "She was calming down."

"Not quickly enough. Besides, she needs her rest," Cilghal said, clasping her fins. "As do you, and Master Skywalker."

Luke rubbed his eyes. "I'm not that tired."

"Neither am I," Corran agreed, stifling a yawn.

Cilghal rolled her eyes. "Maybe so Corran, but your daughter is.? She held up her flippers and shooed the men out of the room. ?Now both of you, go home. I'm sure wives would like to see you tonight."

Reminded that he hadn't seen Mirax in a couple of weeks, Corran straightened up with a sigh. "I'll be back in the morning." He then lifted the sleeping Jysella into his arms, and exited the infirmary.

(up and coming Mush!)

25. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    There I go... uppping my own fic... I...am... bored ;) (or pathetic, whichever floats your boat ;))